February 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: February 2014

Just ran out to S&S - so did everyone else!  Loads of traffic in town, everyone scurrying around before the next snowfall.

Icer, did  you watch Y&R?  That Victor is a devil, isn't he?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Crazy day here, we aren't opened Monday so all this stuff is coming in all at once. I'll be headed out soon. Have a nice night everyone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter - have a good week-end - long one?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes we aren't opened because of President's Day. Have a good weekend.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Winter, have a good weekend.

Icer and SS, I hope you are prepared for snow this weekend, seems that the South Shore is going to get the brunt of the next one on Sat/Sun.  I am glad we made no plans for this weekend.  Hope we can just veg out.  Icer, bet you have been busy with 'love' cakes.  SS, hope DH's ulcers are still on the mend.

I went to MB today and got burgers for tonight. Served with lettuce, tomato, rolls and potato chips, that will be a treat.  No sense, as everyone else said, going out tonight and I know that DH will want to watch the Olympics.  I doubled my coffee intake today hoping I can stay awake past 8:45.  They also had some very nice red seedless grapes and some good looking apricots, so I indulged...and will serve some grapes with the burgers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You all will either laugh or gag at the concoction I've put together for supper tonight -

Very little leftover, mostly broth from the cabbage soup, some additional diced tomatoes from last nights opening for American chop suey, and a good size spoonful of the baked beans G.T.  had brought down.  Heated up and served with oatmeal bread and butter - -

Wish my whoopie pies were completed, after a supper like that I deserve a whoopie pie!

ETA:  Now actually, that doesn't look too bad, does it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Look in the freezer and see if there's a treat for tomorrow (since you shouldn't have more tonight because of the GERD....)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I often make leftover stew with whatever is left in small amounts for my lunches - sounds good to me, tt. 

We're having baked beans, too, that I made yesterday and scrambled eggs.  Maybe some turkey bacon (DH's preference) if it's still ok.

dh is out cleaning up the rest of the snow; he's an extreme perfectionist when it comes to snow removal. :)

walked Gracie this afternoon and worked just as hard on the better but still messy road.  I'm guessing I torched about 350 - 400 calories!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Added supper pic to my post - was pretty good

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

How many calories do you think shoveling for 1.5 hours - very heavy snow - burns?

And yes, TT, it looks better than it sounded.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Shoveling for one and a half hours would give me a pass for anything I wanted to eat -

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Looks good, tt!  Quick and easy, too...right up my alley for tonight.

Hats, about 400 - 500/hr so between 600 - 750.  The range reflects variations in the shoveler's weight (heavier -> more calories burned), fitness level (more fit -> fewer calories burned), and actual intensity of the shoveling.  Regardless of the exact number, it's a LOT!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Then I feel better about having eaten donuts for lunch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hats, just checked it on Loseit!  729 calories - have another donut.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I am not sure, which photo, you want to show us. But I see a beautiful silhouette of Gracie. Waiting for daddy?

I am packing up and going home. Have a nice V-Evening everyone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, it's a miracle - that's the pic I meant to post of Gracie's silhouette as she waits for Daddy to finish plowing.

729 is a good estimate given we don't know hats' weight (and we aren't asking!) :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

All I can think about is donuts, now...

Must keep it under control tonight since tomorrow evening we're going out on a double date for Valentine's Day with SIL and her husband.  I always go waaaaay overboard at this place...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

Many of you are in the snow belt for the next wallop...for once, that's not the Kargivers!  Nice to have it on a Saturday so most folks can stay in.

Managed to keep things under control and am already planning online what I'm having for dinner tonight...can't wait.

They are lowering the predicted temps for next week...I knew it was too good to be true for February! :(  Thursday still looks like it will be above freezing, though, so Pingo, you should still be in good shape for your trip...hoping!

Not sure when the snowmobilers are planning to get here, but I'm betting DH isn't going; his cold is dragging him down.  Nothing like cold air filled with exhaust to make that worse.  Anyway, I need to vacuum, clean the toilets, and make a quick trip to the grocery store before they get here.  

We've been having baked beans in pretty much everything.  I just baked them in water with chicken soup seasoning...yummy, they go with everything.  Made bean, cheese, and salsa omelettes last night topped with home cultured kefir cream.  (Pingo, if you ever restart your kefir, culture some half and half to have on hand - it keeps a long time and is so yummy.)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Not looking forward to today's storm - I am washing DH's shoveling jacket right now and contemplating a trip to the library before the storm starts.  Thinking to bake some potatoes tonight and maybe something else to sling into the freezer...and I started two new Easter crafting things last night....will keep them secret until I have something to show.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm at a stalemate this morning, waiting for the call and then arrival of the gas meter guy.  Don't want to be in the middle of using gas appliances, baking my apple crisp or drying a load of clothes, so all I have to do is fill the whoopie pies once they thaw.  Can cut out smaller wreath forms too, since G.T. did it with scissors, guess I can too.  Looked for my little paper carrot stash, but now I know where they are, with an Easter bunny decoration I put out each year - the Easter bunny leaves a sleeping bunny carrots in his basket.

Grey, grey sky here.  Hoping tomorrow doesn't cancel plans for company, haven't seen Lilly and fam since Christmas. 

Sounds like you have a full, fun day ahead, Kargiver.  Enjoy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,

I saw a strife of sun earlier, but now it is looking pretty gray here.

All my last nights plans got canceled. As I was packing up, DH showed up from a job site. "You are not going to cook tonight. I am taking you out". And so he did. The restaurant was mobbed - 1-1/2 hours wait. But we got a place at the bar in less than 10 minutes. We never sit at the bar; I don't like it there. But  this was a better solution, than wait. Had a nice dinner with everyone around us in good mood. It was a new experience and kind of fun.

Going to the office today. DH is already there. Have to plan ahead for out trip Thursday. You all have a good day.

The sun just came out again. What a tease.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Nice of your DH to take you out to dinner, Pingo.  I never sit at the bar only because I can't reach the seats!  haha  Excitement must be mounting for your flight out Thursday.  Did you get around to making the baby's gift?

Whoopie pies are filled,  2, 10" circles are cut out of the foam for wreaths, and I guess I'll start poking through saved craft materials for flowers and what else I can find for decorations.  That craft bureau needs a good organizing anyway.

Still no gas guy.  I have a feeling he will be a no show.  When I did the googling before, checking on that NY call from the meter company,  people had posted about many unkept appts.  Will irritate me if I've sat twiddling my thumbs this morning, because I am a morning person, and would like to have gotten the apple crisp made.  But, I'll busy myself.  Already got a reward - there was one extra half of a whoopie pie, so I piled on the scrapings from the marshmallow filling and enjoyed that.

Bought makings for a beef stew, but think tonight I'll just pop one of the individual chicken pies in the oven - I'll be doing plenty of cooking tomorrow.

P.S.  Hats, from that one piece of foamboard (that's what the tag on my piece says) I got 2, 12" wreaths, an additional 2, 10" wreaths, and there are still two square pieces left which can be used for something.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That's what I hate sitting at the bar, tt. My dangling feet. But this place had a bar attached to the counter, that was higher than the bars on the stools. So I was ok. But I still do prefer sitting at a table.

Didn't get around to make something for the baby. I couldn't make up my mind on what to make. I saw a kit for a wall quilt, where I can add her name and birth date. And I will still make the teddy, when everything quiets down.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, you've plenty of time ahead of you for the gift making.

Wonderful finds as I clean out the bureau of odds and ends.  Just deciding what goes in what drawer.  Just washed my hands to quit now and make lunch.  No signs of anyone yet.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Starting to snow very little flakes here.  Time to fill the feeder for the last time and put the apple peelings out.

No show on gas guy.

Sections
Shortcuts