February 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: February 2014

It's snowing quite heavily here.  A friend dropped by for a cup of tea but hurried off when the snow started earlier than expected since she has to go back south.  Our network has glitched twice (not a usual occurence) so if I disappear this weekend that might be the problem.  Stay warm and safe, all....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Found I had used the last of the oatmeal - apple crisp topping without it, turned into cooked apples with a caramel sauce, that I'm afraid as it cools will solidify into a caramel that will stick your upper teeth to your bottom!  Oh well.  If so, I can always pop it in the oven to reheat just before serving, hoping it will melt it down again!

Found one of my paper carrots in a little bag in the drawer, still amazing at all the little dodads I've kept.  So far nothing else for an Easter wreath, but only toying with the 2nd and 3rd drawers now.

Small flakes, but coming down thickly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, too bad about the oatmeal. I was in a predicament like that once. I used panko crumbs, I mixed with brown sugar and melted butter. It came out fine.

Back home again. We packed up half the office and took work home, in order to avoid the snow. It was snowing heavily in Reading, but it is just wet at present. The roads are clear, but the visibility is low. Stopped at S&S to get some flounder fillets. To say it was a zoo, is saying it mildly. The 12 items or less line was 15 deep. I counted them, while waiting in another line, that actually moved faster. I don't do self-check. It always gives me trouble. But even those had long lines. 

Picked up my detergent too. It was on sale - 2 for $5. One of the bottles on the shelf was leaking all over. So when I picked up mine, they were dripping all over the floor. What a slippery mess. Stuck a bottle in the middle of the floor to catch the shoppers attention. Then went to find someone to clean it up.

DH wants tea. Stay warm and dry. Chat later.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Decided to clean out a drawer since I was stuck here and I got a reward - a lost LL Bean gift card!  So I ordered a new t-shirt!  Yeah!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

This is the day for finding treasures in cleaned out drawers!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Well I have to thank you for inspiring me - it was a drawer of greeting cards that I was saving for scrapbooking purposes and the gift card was there with a stack of Xmas stuff....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday morning,

Beautiful looking out at the clean snow and covered trees.  realize it's not so nice for those that have lost power.

GD who made wreath and her mother left for Fla on an early flight this morning.  No problem with delays or anything.  I was surprised things weren't all backed up, especially for Fla.  So my son who has to work and their basketball playing son are going solo for the week.  His wife and dau went down after Christmas for a few days.  Now, as then, staying with friends.

Gave the two 10" wreaths a coat of paint last night, Hats, one a green/white wash and the other a yellow/white wash.  I have a large box of paints from when I used to decorate sweatshirts for the little ones.  Surprised they were just as good as new.  Maybe I laid it on a little too thick, the green one warped a little.  Have a heavy bowl sitting on it this morning.  Once it's made and hanging, you'll never notice it, I don't think. Waiting til 9:30 or so and will call and see what they got in Newton and if they are still coming down.  Someone plowed me last night, I more thnk it was their son next door, because he does closer to the car for me.  We didn't get all that much here, and the road is clear and just wel.  My son said the roads to the airport were fine, even at 4:30.

Hop in the shower and then get the cookie dough made up, then the morning is mine except for lasagna.

What's everyone up to today?

Have to say, GREAT WIN IN HOCKEY FOR USA !  

P.S.  Got chest of drawers cleaned out and it looks great.  Didn't throw that much out, but the drawers look empty compared to when I started.  Easier to pull out too.  Just a matter of arrangement, I guess.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

Saw the news of you coastal ladies having gotten a lot of snow...we got about 4".  SIL and her DH came despite the storm, thankfully, and we had a great dinner.  I get DH's leftovers!  He got a pasta dish (tsk, tsk for his inflammation problem) and asked me to eat the rest.  No problem, glad to help. ;)

Got down to 61 in here last night as we were lazy with the fire last night after stuffing ourselves, lol.  Up to 66, now, after almost 3 hours.

tt, I'm sure your wreath will be perfect-looking after its heavy bowl treatment and as it hangs on the wall. Pics?  Before you bake the cookies, can I have a raw one, please?

Pingo, you must be getting so eager for Thursday and a magical visit with your GD...weather still looks like it will be ok.

hats, nice find!!  

Speaking of t-shirt, I just ordered a Life is Good one for my Dad with a stick guy mowing the lawn, "Father mows best." :)  Just getting caught up with Christmas, now that I can see straight.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,

Looks like you two had a fruitful day yesterday cleaning out drawers, tt and Hats. I need to do that too. I started the new year by doing one drawer every day. But I didn't get too far. It didn't work for me. I ended up with piles. I need to do the entire chest at the same time, so I can organize it properly.

I don't think, your Newton family should have a problem getting here, tt. The sun is out and the roads should be clean by now. Have a great visit. Make sure you post photos of the finished wreaths, if BDC lets you.

Had over an hour of face-time with the baby last night. Mom was feeding and burping her and dad changing her. She is adorable and already so alert. 2 and 1/2 week old. Thursday can't come fast enough.

Will properly stay in today, and try to finish some of the work I brought home. Have a good Sunday everyone.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I love the Life is Good stuff.  Even saw 4 different Life is Good valentines in the Paper Store.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kargiver, we posted at the same time. Glad your V-Day was still on despite the storm. 4 inches in your area is not much. We got about the same here.

Plow and Heart has a huge selection of those Life is Good t-shirts. Often on sale too. That's when I usually get them for gifts. My family loves them.

Glad to hear your vision has improved so much you can see straight. What an ordeal, you have been through. DH is doing much better too. No more problem with the neck, but his hearing in that ear is still bad. On and off the hearing comes back somehow, so the ENT believe, eventually as the inner bruises heals, it will come back to normal. It will just take time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

We just finished shoveling our 4 inches, too.  My back hurt before I went out.  DH is still futzing around trying to get to his snow rake.

I'm going out to dinner and a movie tonight, but that is all that's on the schedule today.

I have had the painted wreaths warp too - I put the bow on the stickiest -out-part - the large bows obscure the warp.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I did end up buying a slew of LiG sleepwear on special on Rue La La - a "boutique" sale site.  That's where I got the t-shirt, too.  It's random when it will be on the site, but great discounts. I like the cards, too.

Pingo, I know it's frustrating to not have his hearing snap back, but even now I have "reminders" of my ordeal when I turn just right or whatever.  Your DH got very injured, and the fact that it's coming back means it will keep healing imo and in my nerve healing experience.  At least his vision is fully restored.  I'm measuring my progress in weeks, now, not days...that last few percent to perfect is stretching out.

hats, I feel your pain.  I haven't shoveled, but yesterday I took Gracie in fairly deep snow and up a lot of hills for 1.5 hours.  I was literally sweating and imagining my life depended on putting one foot in front of the other to force myself to keep moving.  My butt and legs really feel it.  I had done the same for an hour the day before.

But, good thing I did because my dinner last night racked up 1800 calories.

ETA: meant to rejoice in your having FaceTime to enjoy the baby, Pingo - very cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Taking a little break.  Cookie dough is made and in fridge.  Lasagna is made and ready to pop in, but since I'm planning on making the popovers too, which take half an hour and I like my lasagna "hot", thinking I will do them first and eat with salad, having put lasagna in as soon as I take popovers out.  Did I tell you what I plan to do with the apple disaster?  Will reheat it and then serve a doppling over a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt (which I will tell the kids is vanilla ice cream), and with a squirt of whipped cream on top - should be good.

Oh my goodness, here they are pulling up in the driveway - they'll have  to shovel their way in, I never got to that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Your apple crisp "disaster" sounds delicious. Maybe you concocted a new dessert.

How long to you bake your lasagna? I usually have mine in the oven for 45 minutes and then rest for 15 minutes. So I would have baked that first; then the popovers. The popover batter gets better sitting too. You could heat up the muffin pan, while the lasagna is baking.
    Now I want a warm popover.

Anyway your guests has already arrived. Whatever way you do it, I am sure they will enjoy it. Have a great afternoon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Some "disaster," tt, LOL.  Frozen yogurt will pass for ice cream.  Have fun with the fam!

DH is plowing our driveway for snowmobile guests arriving at 2...even he, who they call "Snowy," is sick of this routine, but that's probably due to his having a cold and not being able to really enjoy it.  More like drudgery than fun when you're sick.

I wish DH would get off this gluten-is-the-enemy thing.  I'd make popovers with sprouted spelt that wouldn't hurt him one bit, but there's no way I'm making them just for myself.

Just saw an ad for my soap, Dallas, returning on Feb 24.  Will miss Larry Hagman.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What a full day - but a fun one.  We did both the wreath and the cookies.  She had a good idea with the wreath and I managed to make a bow of sorts.  The cookies she did extraordinaire with all her sprinkles.  Having the popovers first with the salad worked out perfectly because when I took them out, the oven was then at 350 and ready for the lasagna, no waiting for it to get back up to 450.  They all liked the popovers, so sent them along home with lasagna, whoopie pies, blueberry muffins, and cookies.  My son will have a field day.  I can still see the boys when they were little and I would come home from grocery shopping - each one of them poking through the bags before I could even get them unloaded, to see what treats were there.

2/19 - I removed picture of GD.  Thought everyone had had a chance by now to see it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Oh my goodness isn't she a honey!  So sweet and the wreath is adorable!  Love the carrot!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks.  I found the wheat in the bottom of one of the drawers and normally would have tossed just those few pieces as seen, but since I had the Easter wreath in mind, kept them.  I put what little stuff I had out and she placed and glued them.  When you think of it, not much - 2 bunny pics, 2 sheep pics, 2 doilies, a carrot and 3 sprigs of wheat.  Then I found the piece of ribbon which I wouldn't have known was even in there if I had not cleaned the drawer yesterday, and I think the brightness of it makes the wreath.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Omgosh, she's so adorable; look, she has the same flirtatious expression as Minnie!  What a fun day, tt, full of love and memories, new and old.  And, the treats!  

DH is out snowmobiliing (yes, sick, sigh) with SIL's husband (who was here last night) with their son.  SIL had things at home she had to do today so I'm just chilling here w/Gracie.  I suppose I should put dinner on...DH will be hungry, and I'll need to have something for his lunch tomorrow.

ETA: I particularly like the carrot at the top of the wreath - very cute project.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Got rid of all the leftover candy too, had some more of the boxes like the one I filled for the little one next door, and when they were ready to leave told them they could each fill a box under their Nana's supervision of what was there.  They left me the mini muskateers!

Wasn't out today so don't know about the air.  Probably your DH would have done better to be in resting, but  - - - that's his recreation, I guess, and he needs that.  What's for supper?  I won't be eating again tonight.  Ate way more than I usually do in the middle of the day.  Waiting for DA, and I think it won't be long before I get in night clothes.

Poor DIL still had to do grocery shopping on the way home.  I told her there was enough in the goody bags I was sending home for supper for her and my son, but it sounds as tho they were out of a lot of other stuff that they needed.  She's a good Nana.  Those kids are lucky to have her.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The Musketeers are the ones I'd have chosen, lol.  Haven't had one in years...now, of course, craving it, thanks, hahaha.

DH put on his fleece face mask under his helmet so it warmed and moistened the air; hopefully that protected him from getting worse.  He has tomorrow off, tho, so he can rest then.

Dinner is thawed summer soup with mushrooms I just sauteed and baked beans stirred in.  I had DH's leftover pasta and shrimp dish...well, half of what he brought home.  It was ok, but rather oily upon reheating...the sauce broke.  Oh, well, still good.

I can imagine you won't need more than a snack tonight, tt, but I hope you kept some leftovers for yourself.  I always feel like I won't be hungry, but then around 8 it becomes a different story.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, I already had my supper - a root beer float!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

LOL!!  Yummy :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good evening friends. tt, Lily is a cutie pie, what a smile. The wreath looks great and I'd like some cookies please. We got about 4 inches as well. At about 9 am two teenage boys knocked on the door and said they'd shovel it fir $30, sounded good to us this morning, so we left them at it. They did the driveway, both sets of stairs and the sidewalk. I woke up with a stuffing nose and I've had a migraine most of the day. Have class tonight from 9-10 than I'll watch figure skating, ice dancing is on; I'll watch DA tomorrow. I have to do my homework tomorrow. I have to create a poster with just basic shapes and texts with the topic and synopsis provided.

Sections
Shortcuts