February 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: February 2014

I must say the birds were singing away when we were out there shoveling at a godawful hour this morning - they think it's spring.  Thinking about my little snowdrops buried under the piles and piles of snow and hoping they will eventually get uncovered....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Kargiver, re the news of your SIL possibly looking for a cat of her own, I hope she will consider checking out a local shelter/animal rescue league.  Some lovely cats are left there because owners can no longer take care of them - Cheerio in point.  Tell her not to be swayed by the "beautiful" cats.  These tiger cats make wonderful, loving pets.  Maybe one will adopt her, as Cheerio adopted me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

So true tt. Yoda too was from a place that sets up cats and owners..though he could be more loving, he's ours now.

As for my arm, nothing is helping and I have a pretty high pain threshold. I'm going to call my doctor and see if I need to go in or if she can just let me see the ortho. It's my right hand, so it's getting annoying.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

"As for my arm, nothing is helping and I have a pretty high pain threshold. I'm going to call my doctor and see if I need to go in or if she can just let me see the ortho. It's my right hand, so it's getting annoying."

I would go to the nearest urgent care place and get an x-ray to rule out a fracture.

Call the number on the back of your insurance card to make sure it's covered, or go to an ER.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

If I go to the ER it's $100 I'll call my doctor. It's not fractured or broken. Thanks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

You are welcome.  Well then, wait for the PCP to call you back.  Best of luck.

Ps: You (not I) indicated that the pain was above and beyond the usual.

"As for my arm, nothing is helping and I have a pretty high pain threshold" end quote

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, you should not rule out, your hand is not broken. It may not be broken and in two pieces, but there could be a hair fracture. If so, it needs to be taken care of. I believe, you do need an X-Ray.

Good luck - I hope you get relief soon. The right hand? That really stinks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I will get it looked at. I doubt that it is broken, however, I'm not ruling out tendonitisis (sp) or something being pulled. I suspect I will need to get an x-ray and MRI, but would rather avoid the costly and long wait at the ER at a hospital.

ETA: I did not fall, bang, etc. on my hand/arm. It hurt last week when I woke up and hasn't gotten better. I had tendonitisis (sp) on the same arm previously.

ETA2: I'm seeing the doctor who fixed my ACL on Friday at 10:30.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That is good news, Winter. Hope you feel better. Ice?

I agree with you on going to ER, if you can wait.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, have a wonderful visit with your granddaughter.  We'll miss you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you, tt. Can't wait.

And getting away from this terrible mess too. Just came back from the bank. It is slushy, and wet and just awful out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Have a wonderful time in Texas Pingo. Give Princess Pingo a hug and a kiss from all of us. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Will do, Winter - and thanks.

Turning off the computer. Will try to touch base from TX. Have a good weekend everyone, and have a safe trip to FLA, Hats.

On our way!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Can't wait to hear about Princess Pingo.  So exciting.

Winter, I hope your arm is feeling better.

DH is going to take advantage of the "heat" today and go up on the roof and shovel it off.  We do have the heat coils as well, which help, but doesn't do all of it.

Is it Spring yet????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

hi, ladies,

what a 24 hrs it has been.  Got a call late yesterday morning that my NH brother was being air lifted to MGH with a massive stroke.  He's 38.  I booked it to Boston and got home at 1:30 am after his successful surgery (TPA had been working but a second stroke necessitated surgery from 9-11:45) to remove the clots in his lower brain and carotid artery.  Turns out he tore the artery in a fall Saturday and didn't even feel hurt!  The clot formed as a result.  Docs said it's surprisingly easy to tear it...who knew.

I haven't caught up, but tt I saw your cat post for SIL; thanks, I'll pass that along.

Pingo, today is the big day - travel safely and have a wonderful time.

More later.  DH is leaving for a long (post dinner) day at work so I need to pack two meals for him to take.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Can't wait to get out and about a bit today.  Supposed to be beautiful temps.

Winter, hope whichever method you used (heat, ice, ibuprofen) that your arm is feeling better today.

I'm holding my breath with my almost flat back roof on the back of the house, that all this ice and heavy, wet snow, doesn't collapse it.  Not much I can do.  Hands are all cramped up from the ice chopping and moving from the bulkhead yesterday.  Unless it gets really melted today, I'm not planning on doing any more.  Think I have the cellar leak controlled now.

Spoke with the husband of my Fla friend who had the knee replacement.  She moved into a rehab (quite the fancy place from what he tells me, more like a resort) on Saturday and was still in quite a lot of pain.  Said yesterday she began to feel a little better.  Will be there until she can walk with a cane (walker right now).  Glad she made the decision to go there rather than trying to have someone come in at home for rehab - her husband teaches 3 days a week, plus they have 2 very hyper dogs who jump on you - she never could handle that at this point.

OK, up and around for me.  Soon as I see that sun melting whatever is on my car windshield, want to get out.  Have a good day.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Kargiver, didn't see your post until mine came up.

So sorry about your brother.  Do they know if there will be an lasting injury from the stroke? I hope not.  I'm sure his young age gave him much better odds of complete recovery.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

OMG, went to get up and looked over on the bed - she's curled up inside a grapevine wreath I had taken out of the closet in anticipation of Spring!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Kar, that's very sad news but it is amazing that he was able to be helped with the airlift and surgery.  Thoughts and paryers for you and him!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Great news of your FL friend having been able to move to a "resort" rather than try to manage in her home, an environment unconducive to healing it sounds like.

Thank you both for your thoughts and prayers.  Yes, absolutely, the docs said age is on his side, and he is in excellent health. The surgery revealed in gross detail the wonderful condition of his arteries. :)

ETA: Cute photo!!!

Also, he is married with 2 kids...remember them, too, in your prayers if you would, please.  They are a family of great faith, and things like this are where the rubber meets the road. Speaking of road, he was driving alone at the time.  Many miracles happened yesterday for which we are thankful.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Driving alone...wow as you say a miracle!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, he knew something was terribly wrong, pulled over, dialed 911 and managed to call his wife before he was unable to speak.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Someone was certainly watching over him, Kargiver.  Let us know how he progresses.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Definitely, tt.  Will do, thanks, again.

ETA: I'm missing being there...the MRI was scheduled for 10, and no word of anything yet.  Waiting by the phone is worse than waiting in the waiting room.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Kar - So sorry to hear about your brother.  Many Ts & Ps!!!!