February 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: February 2014

Yeah, at that age you see your Dad as Superman.  It's always a crushing blow to realize your parents are mere mortal people, and what a way and age for them to find out.

Cold and gray, again.  

My parents are coming to visit us after seeing Bro Wednesday - Thursday, staying overnight in a hotel Wed night.  Then, Friday - Sunday with us.

How is FL friend, tt?  Praying pain is diminishing and motion increasing. 

Pingo, thinking of you with dear GD...waiting eagerly for a pic and stories.

Ss, any improvement with DH's legs since using the boots?

Winter, what is the recommendation for your wrist?  Is surgery being discussed?  I know a number of people with successful carpal tunnel reconstructions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Hello, first time I've had to get on. I've has so much to do this morning. Nice to hear your brother is still doing well. I have tennis elbow (not my wrist) but I need to sleep with a wrist guard so it doesn't twist I believe.

tt, hope you have fun on your errands today. Hope Pingo is enjoying her GD and the nice weather.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, sorry, Winter; I'm sure you've said that before.  I hope it heals soon.

Thanks - they expect that he'll only improve, now.  The tiny amount of damage that was done will be compensated for as he does his PT.  So thankful.

Just remembered I have to go to the dump today...ugh, better run and do that!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks. My first appointment is next Tuesday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Next Tuesday, Winter?  A week is a long time when you're in pain...I hope it doesn't hurt all the time.

My folks stayed in CT with the bro who had just returned home after the most difficult week of his life.  They will be going to visit stroke bro today and tomorrow.  Friday - Sunday they'll be here as they head back to PA.  Need to shop for a starchless diet...neither of them are eating bread, potato, etc.  I could use a sugar break, too, after all the seriously junky food I ate in Boston.

Still no word from dear Pingo?  She will be brimming with wonderful stories when she returns...when?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. The closest place to home had some staffing issues, so they didn't have anything after 6 until Tuesday. Nice that you will see your parents, are you going with them to see your brother?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Out again this morning, beating any snowflakes, I hope. 

I'm sure Pingo and DH are so busy with the new baby that computer time is something they've not even thought of.  She never said just how long they are staying, so we'll all be surprised one morning when she pops on with news of their visit - and maybe, a picture.

Have a good day.  Hoping for just a few snowflakes.  Stew meat out thawing for a nice stew to put together when I get back home.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

Yeah, at that age you see your Dad as Superman.  It's always a crushing blow to realize your parents are mere mortal people, and what a way and age for them to find out.

Cold and gray, again.  

My parents are coming to visit us after seeing Bro Wednesday - Thursday, staying overnight in a hotel Wed night.  Then, Friday - Sunday with us.

How is FL friend, tt?  Praying pain is diminishing and motion increasing. 

Pingo, thinking of you with dear GD...waiting eagerly for a pic and stories.

Ss, any improvement with DH's legs since using the boots?

Winter, what is the recommendation for your wrist?  Is surgery being discussed?  I know a number of people with successful carpal tunnel reconstructions.

Kargiver, so glad your brother is doing so well, God is good!!  How an athesit handles this world I'll never know.   DH is doing a bit better, he is walking more and it seems easier for him to me, will know for sure when he goes back to the wound center on Fri.  He is talking about getting his car up and running again, so that is a good sign.  Our little TV room looks like a hospital wing, my oxygen machine, his large box of bandages and now his leg pump(?), Thanks for the inquiry November, are you going someplace warm on your  vacation, can I come??  Take care all and Keep Smiling, ss

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

Good morning,

Out again this morning, beating any snowflakes, I hope. 

I'm sure Pingo and DH are so busy with the new baby that computer time is something they've not even thought of.  She never said just how long they are staying, so we'll all be surprised one morning when she pops on with news of their visit - and maybe, a picture.

Have a good day.  Hoping for just a few snowflakes.  Stew meat out thawing for a nice stew to put together when I get back home.

tt, Hope there are only little snowflakes and you beat them all home!!  I have stew meat out too, only mine is Lamb.  Its so cold out that this will be a good night for it, I'm hoping to go to Foxwoods tomorrow, so we'll have the Wednesday spaghetti then. ss

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Looks kind of bright here, maybe no real snow in store...hope not.

tt, you are so right - she will pop on when they get back - eagerly awaiting the GD stories. 

SS, indeed, God is good.  He is a pastor (as is CT bro) and this is where the faith rubber meets the road.  Did you see my pic of his scrawled "sovereign"?  He was trying to say that God is soverign, but it was before he could speak well enough to convey it out loud.  Many (~15) members of his church drove immediately to Boston and spent until after his surgery that ended around midnight.  It was a special time of faith, prayer, and hope despite the overwhelming nature of the whole thing.  Good news your DH seems to be doing better - hoping the wound clinic confirms and that his healing continues.

Winter, I think I'll let them visit him by themselves and will possibly go up myself before he gets discharged.  I need to get things ready here for their visit.  It's a 2 hour drive to his facility, and there's no one to take care of Gracie during the day.  Honestly, I can only imagine he needs a break from constant visitors now that he's past the initial traumatic, intense part of the ordeal.  It's hard to rest when you're trying to appear as well as you can.  But, I did consider it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Back, and not a flake seen - in fact when I left the last parking lot the sky was blue - back here, not so much.

It will be nice for your parents to visit your brother alone, I think, Kargiver.  As you say, so much company, and it would be good just a visit from Mom and Dad.

So icy out back, not able to get to feeder anymore, so stand at the back door and throw seed - most of which blows right back on the bulkhead and stairs.  Left with squirrels out there this morning, to entertain Cheerio, but came home to an eerie silence - wonder if the hawk made a visit while I was gone.  Seed is still on the ground.  Going out with the last of the raisins and tossing them out front under the holly berry bush which seems empty to the eye of any berries.  Did see the robin yesterday in my tree.

Good luck tomorrow at Foxwoods, SS.  My neighbor was going down overnight the first of this week.  

Another few days and we start our family birthdays.  Oldest son's is the 2nd.  Found a funny card for him and a couple more funny ones at the Paper Store this morning, for pumpkin's mom and my grandson.  This is the first year I've not done the music ones, but didn't even check their prices this morning, going through a lean period, so back to the old regular cards.  As long as there's money inside, they'll get over their disappointment!

Are you getting used to the wrist brace at night, Winter?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, not really it's just so uncomfortable at night and wakes me up a few times. Usually at 3 I take if off for the remainder. I know I'm not supposed too, but I need that solid block of sleep. DH's birthday is the 5th and again he is being very tightlipped on what he'd like.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's hard when they don't give you any ideas of what to buy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My folks didn't make it to visit my brother before HE WENT HOME!!!!!  They are picking up lunch and heading to their house right now.  It was exactly a week ago right this minute that he was being airlifted to MGH.  They gave orders upon discharge Saturday for 2 weeks as an in-patient; he was there 3 whole days.

DH and his father have March birthdays, as well.  I'm in the same boat as to what to buy. ???  It's DH's 50th, and we're having a dinner party.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,

I haven't had a chance to read your posts yet, will do it later. Just wanted to let you know, I am back home. Sorry, I didn't post from TX, but I had a lot better things to do this time.

My little GD is such a doll. She is the most beautiful thing, I have ever seen. I spent all my waking hours watching her and looking at her little face. Such cute expressions. I fed her, burped her, changed her. And then changed her again. They go through diapers, like we go through a box of tissues, when we have a bad cold. I dressed her, walked her and rocked her. I have to be honest, I enjoyed her more, than I did my own babies. I wasn't stressed being a new mother, and more so I wasn't sleep deprived. She is on a 3 hours schedule. DIL is breast feeding her, but she also pumps, so daddy (and we) have a chance to feed her. She has plenty of milk.
    I learned a lot, while there. Being new parents is so different, from when we had babies. You don't bathe them, until the umbilical cord falls off. I was giving mine baths before I left the hospital. And you don't use any lotion on the baby until the birth skin had peeled off. No talcum powder either. But the good old Zinc Ointment is still standard.
    And taking care of baby has now gone high tech. The diapers have a built-in stripe, that turns blue, when wet or dirty. I imagine that? And the bouncer is vibrating. Their baby monitor is streamed to their iPhones, iPads and computers - sounds and all.
    Mom and dad looked like hung cats, when we arrived. They hadn't had much sleep the past two weeks. At the most they had only a couple of hours of sleep here and there. They really appreciated us taking over some of the duties, so they could sleep, and looked so much better, when we left.

The weather was really nice 70 - 80 every day. DH and I took baby for a stroll every day in the neighborhood in her new stroller. In the stroller world, it's a Rolls Royce. Nice and easy to maneuver. And we ate outside a couple of evenings.

It was so hard to say good bye. But to help the hurt, DH has already booked another trip to visit them in the middle of April. Yea!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's remarkable, Kargiver!  Home after 3 days of rehab?  Wonderful news.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, tt, it is truly miraculous for him to be home a week after two massive strokes and emergency clot removal surgery.  My parents are going to go get the care package and bring it to his house.  Unbelievable that it was a week ago right now that I was racing to Boston worried he might die, be half paralyzed forever...who knew.

Pingo, welcome home!!!!  I can just feel your joy, so special.  Seemed every time the trips were changed they were triggered to dirty the brand new diapers, lol, so I can relate to the constant diaper changes!  I bet the "hung cats" were so grateful for the help so they could get some rest.  Is your next trip already planned?  We are all hoping for a pic...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, welcome home.  What a wonderful visit you had, and such a good time with the baby.  You can be sure there was bonding going on and that when she hears your voice again in April, she'll remember it.  Good to have you back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, how did I miss the last line?  April is around the corner, and tt is right - she'll definitely remember at a bonded level.  She'll have grown so much in just that short time and her folks will be rested (at least more than now, hopefully)...bet you can't think about anything else!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Stew meat and onions braising and oh, the house smells so good.  Nice stew in the making for supper.  

In the mail a card from Vietnam Vets of a pick up day in this area, so tomorrow, I'm headed upstairs, first thing, and get together a bagful for them.  Tossing in some of those old, still in great shape, but not might be the latest fashion work clothes.  Crazy to let them just sit up there on the rack, I'll never wear them again, haven't in the years since I retired. they're too good and were too expensive to cut up and use in crafts - haha - hear me, Hats, you've got me thinking crafts all the time now!  Did go through the last of the magazines my DIL sent over and have a goodly amount of strips folded.  Just tape them together now and then the coil.  Wonder if I can con GD into coming over again for that.  Her little hands sure help.

Birds have finally discovered the seed I scattered out back.  Threw out graham crackers last night and this morning they were gone.  Wish I had seen what ate them.  No takers on the raisins thrown under the berry bush, as yet anyway.  Mockingbird is sitting on the bar that extends from the lamppost.  Have tried taking a couple of pics of him, but they don't come out spectacular enough to post.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nice night for stew...love that smell.  Nice of you to collect the clothes; they will help someone for sure, nice work clothes are expensive.  I'd like to see the mocking bird...no need for an award winning photo. :)

My folks have just texted a report that blows me away with bro's improvement.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Surely it's in part due to all the prayers being offered up for him.  That plus the fact that he is a young man in good physical health.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

For sure, tt, both.  My faith has been renewed, and I didn't even realize it needed to be!  The doctor who did the surgery said his "perfect arteries" made his job easier.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, are you authorized to post a pic of your Sweetie Pie?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Such a joy to come on here and read such heartwarming posts.  Kar - your brother is home!  How amazing and wonderful and joyfull and, and . . . .so glad the many prayers were answered.k

Pingo - I can just picture you with your beautiful baby "grand girl!"  As much as you enjoyed it, I am so sure your son and DIL also loved seeing you and DH bond with her, as well as help them out so much during such a whirlwind of a time.  Can't wait to hear years and years of stories about her!

TT - we always donat to the Vietnam Vets as well, but come to think of it I haven't gotten a card in a bit.  We can always find something to donate.

Sections
Shortcuts