February Chat 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Re: February Chat 2011

TT..What bigger fish do you have to fry?

Winter..sound absolutly lovely
    Kar..thnks for the well wishes
    Pingo, what a nice Mom you are

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Icer.

Pingo can you send me some cookies?  If kar or tt would send me an afghan I'll be all set!  :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

What a great theme Winter!  Do share what songs you are using and for what parts of the wedding (if you don't mind).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    Here I am, good old me - I thought one could just stick a few pieces of wood in the stove and be all set. As a girl scout, I lit up a lot of fireplaces and that is what we did. Didn't have the faintest idea it was a "science" to use a wood stove. But it sounds like you have it down to the "t". I guess, I could learn quickly too, if this was the way of keeping me warm.
    I agree with you, sleeping in 70 - 72 degrees would make us "turn and twist" all night. We like it at 66. No need to heat the house and open the windows at the same time.
    That makes me remember a niece of ours. They rented an apartment, with the heat included in the rent. Kept the place at a good 80 degrees in the winter. I was always suffering visiting them. When they opened their windows to cool down the apartment for me (me sitting right next to the window), I asked them, why they didn't just turn down the temp instead, their answer was, "We don't have pay for the heat!" What an obnoxious answer. They have since bought a house, and now, when I go there, I keep on my coat in the winter. I guess money talks - LOL.
    Anyway, thanks for the "lecture". - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

In Response to Re: February Chat 2011:
    [QUOTE]Pingo, yes the count down is on :)  I stayed up till aout 12am attaching the place cards to the favors.  (which is a wine pourer and stopper).  FI printed the table numbers for me last night.  The table numbers are a different musical that we have seen together.  On our invitation we had the lyrics to All I Ask of You from Phantom of the Opera, so we decided to use that as a theme.  The Ceremony music (except when I walk) is all songs from musicals as well as the cocktail hour and dinner music. 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

How nice winter!  That is one of my favorite songs.  Lovely idea for a theme.

mothermitzi

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Just realized today is Amber's Birthday.  Hard to believe she is 13.  My DD is going to pick her up a cupcake from a place in the Back Bay that makes all natural dog treats : ) 

Calvin: You know, sometimes the world seems like a pretty mean place. Hobbes: That's why animals are so soft and huggy.
    Calvin: ...Yeah...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Pingo, I was happy to do your question justice - I know you love to learn.  I thought, too, it would be as easy as 1-2-3!  I have to admit, I didn't exactly learn "quickly" how to do it right.  There are too many things to mess up, and I learned them all the hard way, lol, mostly last year.

Funny how people change their tune when it's them paying the heating bill.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy 13th, Amber!!!  Enjoy your doggie cupcake.  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ladies,
    in case you are interested, I just posted my sugar cookie recipe in the "recipes to contribute". I know, you must have your favorites, but these were truly wonderful. Worth a try. Kar, you could probably substitute spelt flour. They have whole wheat flours cookies after all - don't they? Sounds like a good experiment. Maybe I will try it - Pingo

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Unfortunately, my one experiment with using spelt in a beloved cookie recipe (my great-grandmother's soft molasses) was a HUGE flop.  My FIL, not knowing I brought the altered version to a party said, "Oh, goodness, I like Kargiver's MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better!"  LOL - he was blushing when he found out I had made them but had used spelt for 1/2 the flour.  So, try using whole wheat at your own risk!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thank you mm.  WE used to belong to North Shore Music Theater and we've seen many musicals so we thought it was perfect for us.

Novemb, before the ceremony I believe for 15 minutes will be from Les Mis On My Own, A Heart Full of Love, A Little Fall of Rain, I Dreamed a Dream.  From Phantom, Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again and Angel of Music.  From Cinderella (not Disney version) Ten Minutes AgoIn My Own Little Corner, Do I Love You Because.  From Chorus Line What I did For Love.

The mothers are walking in to Sunrise, Sunset from Fiddler on the Roof.  My MOH is walking into the song For Good from Wicked.  It's the version sung by LeeAnn Rimes and Delta somebody.   

I am walking in to  the instrumental version of Once Upon a Time, Story Book Story from the Princess Bride (I know not a musical). 

During the vows we are playing One Hand One Heart from West Side Story

We are walking out of the ceremony to Together At Last from Annie.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

OK I know nobody asked but here is the invitation.  My name is on the heart on the right, FI on the left.  When the invite folds they fold into each other to make them next to each other.  Oh rats it chopped off the other side but you can see what I mean I think.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Happy Birthday Amber. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter,
    This is so emotional and awesome. I was tearing up just reading your run-down of your music. I am sure, there will not be one dry eye at your ceremony. Maybe just for some of the teen-agers, who has not lived these songs.
    Such a lovely theme you have. It must have taken a lot of work to gather it.
    Sending my blessings your way - Pingo

[QUOTE]Thank you mm.  WE used to belong to North Shore Music Theater and we've seen many musicals so we thought it was perfect for us. Novemb, before the ceremony I believe for 15 minutes will be from Les Mis On My Own , A Heart Full of Love , A Little Fall of Rain , I Dreamed a Dream .  From Phantom , Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again and Angel of Music .  From Cinderella (not Disney version) Ten Minutes Ago ,  In My Own Little Corner , Do I Love You Because .  From Chorus Line What I did For Love . The mothers are walking in to Sunrise, Sunset from Fiddler on the Roof .  My MOH is walking into the song For Good from Wicked .  It's the version sung by LeeAnn Rimes and Delta somebody.    I am walking in to  the instrumental version of Once Upon a Time, Story Book Story from the Princess Bride (I know not a musical).  During the vows we are playing One Hand One Heart from West Side Story .  We are walking out of the ceremony to Together At Last from Annie .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Me, too!  Who has a tissue?  Love the invitation, too - and, everything gets cut off on the right on BDC, you have to put the subject far to the left, and then everything shows.  But, I get what you mean about the hearts and names coming together - very sweet and meaningful.  You obviously spent a lot of time putting this together, and it is lovely.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Aha, Winter! Your reception is not far from tt and I. Maybe I will pick up tt, and will we sneak in to celbrate w/ you. So if you see two old ladies not belonging there, please don't kick us out. LOL
    Wishing you the best and lots of happiness. - Pingo

Ps. Are we going to be neighbors?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Kar and Pingo about the music.

Pingo, the only child there is my son who is 10 and FI's nephew (godson) who is 18 that is it. 

Once I made the suggestion about the musical theme, FI loved it and I ran with it.  We have 10 tables and they are:  Les Miserables, Mamma Mia, Phantom of the Opera, Cats, Fame, Annie, A Chorus Line, Singing in the Rain, Hairspray and Camelot.  We were going to be the Cinderella table but we really don't need a table number we know were we are sitting. The table numbers look like a cover a playbill with our names and then the numbers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be on the look out..lol.  I'm not sure where you live, but I'm a little closer to Wakefield.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, you are in my back yard. Now, I will look for the lady "with the bad knee" at the grocery stores, and maybe surprise you. - Pingo
    Ps. You really don't have to worry much, I like being anonym. But it is truly funny finding friendly Chatters living nearby you.

[QUOTE]I'll be on the look out..lol.  I'm not sure where you live, but I'm a little closer to Wakefield.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, I just saw Mama Mia for the first time last weekend - it was Meryl Streep's movie version.  I enjoyed it.

And, I know I'm way out of your way, but pick me up, too!  You'll know me by Gracie.  You can drive around 45 minutes NW of Worcester 'til you see her beautiful head from the road (you can barely see it from the road) and then swing in and get me.  She'll bark like she's going to tear you to shreds, but when you open the door she'll wiggle waggle like she's your new best friend.

I know, I know, it' too far. LOL  ;)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Tried to post 5 times before I went out this morning, they would disappear like "poof" every time.  This one may too, but I'll try.

Winter I kidded with you saying, "So, you're registering for wedding gifts with us" re your wanting pingo's cookies and Kargiver's or my afghan.  You must  be so excited the closer the date comes.  You've done a wonderful job planning every detail, it can't help but come off beautifully.  As Pingo said, we're such sweet looking old ladies that we'll be able to sneak in saying we're "aunts".  They wouldn't have the heart to toss us out!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Is anyone missing the option to start a new discussion?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I have the option to start a new one, allready.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I h ad one when I pulled up already married's post, but now pulling up yours, it's gone.  I'm having ongoing problems with BDC anyway.  Still have to log in about 10 times a day and lots of times when I receive notification there are new posts, it takes going back and forth 4 - 5 times before I can actually pull them up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am missing that and also the ability to respond to a poster.  I only have report abuse or ignore.

Sections
Shortcuts