February Chat 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: February Chat 2011

That's all I ever have any more, Amber.  Haven't had respond to poster in a long time.  I suspect they're trying to phase me out!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

yeah, makes you feel a little unwanted doesn't it...  these boards could def run better. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes I'll register with all of you.  :)  I'll let you know where to send the items.  It's too see all the plans winding down.  We have a total of 80 with 10 tables and our sweetheart table.  It's a perfect number for us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

P.S.  I like that newest avatar best, Amber.  And "Happy Birthday to you, Amber"!  Looking pretty good for an old girl.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you tt : )  and thank you everyone for your Birthday wishes...  I know it seems silly but who knows how many I have left with her and she is the sweetest dog Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I love every detail Winter!  Les Mis is my all time favorite musical.  Please seat me at that table.

Happy Birthday to Amber!  Sending a virtual scratch behind the ears (from me) and a sniff sniff (from Jax).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I noticed I do not have Start a Discussion only on the confidential chat forum.  Weird...  I still do not have reply to poster anywhere.  I am going to ask Dottie, will let you know how I make out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novem that is our favorite musical as well.  I am trying to incorporate how to use the line to love another person is to see the face of God into something but I'm not having much luck. I'll seat you at that table!  
                                                                                                                                             Kar you can sit at Mammia Mia.  tt, how about Cats for you? Pingo, how about Phantom?

You'll love the cake...that was the best part of the planning the tasting!  We are getting it from D'Amici's in Wakefield.  Bottom layer chocolate with white filling.  Middle layer white cake and almond filling (my son picked this out).  Top layer is marble cake with chocolate filling.  The frosting will be butter cream. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OK, Mama Mia, sounds good...wait, that's not crazy Uncle Joe's table, is it?  And, please be sure I get a piece of the bottom layer of that delicious cake!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I LOVED Cats, saw it twice, once with a group and then when my granddaugher turned 13 I took her to see it.  That's the perfect table for me, thanks!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Phantom will be perfect for me, Winter. Love the play and the music. My son do the drum solo really well.

tt, I had a visit from your Canadian Robin a few minutes ago. First time I saw him. I made biscuits last night with our "pot pie" instead of a pie. Had a couple left over and gave them to the birds this morning. Boy! Did they love those.

The ice on my driveway has melted, and the sun is out (in that order). Life is good right now - Pingo

Ps. I have had no problem with the forum, except the day I had to read it in a 3 letter strip. It has been fine for the past two days and I have all the options available.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"They" like you better than the rest of us!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, It's not Crazy uncle Joe's table.  It's my FMIL table and she's a peach.  That's where my piece is coming in.  You can get one too.  The bakery gives us a 5-inch round to take home so we don't have to save the cake.  We asked for chocolate for that. I'm glad I got everyone's table right.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I am trying to incorporate how to use the line to love another person is to see the face of God into something but I'm not having much luck.

Are you having programs?  Maybe simply stated at the top or bottom of those?

Or... maybe your officiant could open the ceremony with it as a quote...  for example: Dearly beloved (or friends, or whatever), it is said that to love another erson is to see the face of God.  And it is in that love that God has brought us together to witness the union of Winter and FI...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I think only place I can start a new discussion is under the parent section.  I have checked every section.

I also noticed I have a "subscribe" in a bubble.  Not sure what that is.

I just stumbled across the section.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Awesome, Winter, I'm sure I'll enjoy your FMIL...and the cake. :)

allreadymarried, the Subscribe button allows you to get email every time someone adds a post to the thread you subscribe to.  It used to work (before the huge reformat) by emailing you only if someone replied to one of your posts in that thread, but now it's indiscriminate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

With a week to go last week I decided to forego the programs but that's an idea with the program.  We have a dear friend marrying us. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Thanks!
    I thought maybe I had to subscribe to start a new discussion until I saw I could under the parenting section.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

oh, oh... another thought.  Print it on pretty paper, in pretty font, put it in a frame and put it on the table with the placecards... unless the placecards are also playbill themed?  If so, on print on "music" paper so it looks like lyrics?

I'm out of ideas (i think) - but now the song is stuck in my head...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Actually the placecards are attached to the favors there are a wine bottle stopper and pourer set.  But I could frame it and put it ont he table.  That's a great idea thanks.  I have the song in my head too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter,
    I have to tell you, this is the most awesommest (Kar, yes I know there is not such word, maybe there should be LOL) wedding, I have ever been "invited" to. Just love your show-music theme. I put on the Phantom and it is playing right now. Love it! Guess I will repeat it.
    To honor you, I will find the other musicals, I know we have and play them all on Saturday. You sounds like a friend, I would love to know in real life.
    Hope your leg doesn't give you much trouble on Saturday with all this beautiful music.
    If you don't want to do programs, and I love November's idea with the frames at the table, but that means another last issue. Maybe you can just print a banner or a large poster to place, where your guests will enter the reception with the line: "To love another person is to see the face of God into that person" or something like that.
    Ask Kar. She would come up with something perfect along those lines, I am sure. Kar, are you game here? - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Awesomest SHOULD be a word, LOL!  ;)

What would the banner be for?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

"To love another person is to see the face of God into that person"
    I think it is a wonderful sentence. I know, lots of women may not agree with me, but that is how I feel. I know, my DH treat me like a goddess. And I try to do likewise. Isn't that what LOVE is all about?
    - Pingo

In Response to Re: February Chat 2011:
    [QUOTE]Awesomest SHOULD be a word, LOL!  ;) What would the banner be for?
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh no, my dear friend. I am just luckier than the the rest of you. I never do, but maybe I should go and play the lottery. Maybe the odds are in my favor. LOL
    Just look at the sunshine today when I needed it the most. Made me happy.
    Have worked on reconciliating some my office's bank statement all afternoon. Took them home, which I never ever do. But after a couple of so frustrating days in the office, I thought I just have to do something.
    tt, believe me I am indoor, but this a bigger problem than your icy bulkhead. Not doing well. Have a new accountant (again) - guess we have to let her go. She is such a nice lady,  and I like her a lot. But this is making me pulling my hair. "Where have all the soldiers (sorry, the good employees) gone. Time passing?" - was in the mood of singing listening to Winter's lovely music.
    Isn't this an awesome wedding. I am truly attempted to stop by there. Of course I would never let anyone know my presence. - Pingo

In Response to Re: February Chat 2011:
    [QUOTE]"They" like you better than the rest of us!
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm game to write something, but I don't know what you mean to accomplish by the banner...