February Chat 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: February Chat 2011

Kargiver, did she own her own home?  All that would be part of an estate.  That and the furnishings/paintings/furniture etc.  That plus any jewelry.  There may be special pieces she wanted you to have.  Doesn't necessarily have to be money.  Whatever, I'm sure you'll treasure it because it came from her.

Before my Fla friend passed away, she sent me old crystal jewelry that was the rage in her hayday.  Pieces that wouldn't be worn now, not in the casual circles I travel anyway, and I've given them to G.T.  After my mother died he took a lot of her costume jewelry and made a beautiful Christmas jewelry tree.  These crystal pieces will, I'm sure, be made into some kind of memento of a dear friend.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Yes amber, the T has been horrendous this winter.  The only difference between this one and past winters is that management is admitting it.  I've never heard them admit to poor performance, and it has been poor. Yet, they seem to do little to fix the problems. I take the red line and switch to the green.  The red line has been pretty good and at least you are sheltered while waiting for the train.  The green line is another story.  Long waits and trains that are jammed.  Pathetic!  I tried taking the orange line from Back Bay to Downtown Crossing and switching to the red line there, but it involves walking down a long flight of stairs and a long tunnel.  I got an uneasy feeling doing that and stopped going that route.  I'm grateful I don't have to take a bus. I don't doubt you froze.  

pingo, this poor woman looked to be about my age.  I offered to take a picture of her with my iphone while she was lying on her back and told her I'd email it to her as proof and be her witness.  She wanted no part of it.  I encouraged her to go to the hospital.  She really hurt herself.  At some point though we both laughed and asked each other why we were still working!  Humor in everything I guess.

mothermitzi 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

In Response to Re: February Chat 2011:
    [QUOTE]Kargiver, did she own her own home?  All that would be part of an estate.  That and the furnishings/paintings/furniture etc.  That plus any jewelry.  There may be special pieces she wanted you to have.  Doesn't necessarily have to be money.  Whatever, I'm sure you'll treasure it because it came from her. Before my Fla friend passed away, she sent me old crystal jewelry that was the rage in her hayday.  Pieces that wouldn't be worn now, not in the casual circles I travel anyway, and I've given them to G.T.  After my mother died he took a lot of her costume jewelry and made a beautiful Christmas jewelry tree.  These crystal pieces will, I'm sure, be made into some kind of memento of a dear friend.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Very nice story about the jewelry tt.  I had a box of my mother's and grandmother's costume jewelry in the attic and I brought it out one day when my granddaughters were here.  They weren't the least bit interested but my daughter was and asked if she could have most of it.  I was so surprised but delighted at the same time.  Until recently, my daughter was never really interested in family things or so I thought.  Made me realize I better unload some of this stuff while I can still tell them where it came from.  

By the way, my "reply to this post" button is back tonight.  We'll see if it's there tomorrow!

mothermitzi

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

tt, I hope you can read this.  I received an email this morning from BDC that told me they filed a ticket with the company that runs the forums.  I answered the questions they asked but told them what makes it strange is I can see Start a discussion on some forums and on those forums I have reply to post and everything else.  Def not on CC for a while though.  I hope they figure out what the problem is and I will keep you updated tt. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar,

Sounds like your grandmother was a thrifty lady.  Can't imagine her paying a lawyer unless she has some things of value.  No matter what it is, how lovely she thought of you... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

mm, that woman you helped yesterday, sounds like a real classy lady. Hope she didn't get hurt too badly. She is probably sore all over today.

tt, I just went over S & S new flyer, that starts tomorrow. I know, you went to Michael's already, but they had some cute Valentine's giftbags. Buy one, get one free. Also, their V-cards are buy one, get on free. Just in case you are interested.
    In December I bought 12 beautiful long stem roses, that lasted almost 2 weeks at S&S, for DH for his birthday. I paid $9.99. This week they sell the same bunch for $39.99. What kind of robbery is that? I better tell Mr. P not to get me any. Also, the orchids I have had an eye on was $14.99 for the past two weeks. From tmw. the same orchids will be $19.99, if they haven't already raised the price. Just because it is V-day.
    Loved the idea of GT's "custom jewelry Christmas tree". Hope your BDC problems will be solved and see you back on the boards.

What a racket the bluejays made this morning, before I got out there. I thought there was a cat or maybe tt's hawk nearby, but no sign. They were sitting on the seed dish being very loud. I guess they were complaining the dish was empty. After I filled it, they came back immediately and munched away happily. - Pingo

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Don't mean to bog down the CC with our issues, but want to keep tt in the loop.  So my apologies ahead of time!

tt, I received another email asking me which browser i use and also made the comment they can see you and mothermitzi are having the same problems.  So nice they are aware.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Last day for me.  Though I'll be in Monday and Tuesday.  tt, I hope they don't get rid of you, that would be awful.  Good idea about the costume jewlery.  Kar, I'm sure what you are willed you will cherish. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, thank you so much for the update.  At least I know I'm in their radar.  Back to having to login anytime I switch from one page to another, and report abuse and ignore --- are the only choices at the bottom of each post - right now.  Earlier when I logged in with the thought of posting, I had all the choices showing up at the bottom.  Oh well, at least they haven't kicked me completely off yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Anytime for you tt,

I don't like you having to go through this and your issues are worse than mine.  But I am glad to see they are reading this. Do you have Internet Explorer or Firefox as your browser?  Since they asked me (I have Internet Explorer) I can let them know what you have if you want?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, I'll take advantage of being logged in while I'm here - Did pick up a packet of 8 gift bags at Michael's yesterday - I think 4 are Happy Valentine's Day, and the other four are plain pink or red.  Saw the valentines - not ones you'd look at twice, but thanks for thinking of me.  I'm all set now, made them out and will mail today.  I know I've mentioned the Dollar Store to you before (Marshall's plaza bordering the Lynnsfells).  It's an awfully good store to just run in for this or that.  The 2 cards for teens I got there were the best I had seen, including those of Hallmark.  Everything is $1, some things less.  Worth a look/see some day just to poke and see what they have.

Have hermits to make today in prep for G.T.'s visit Saturday.  Also want to get a batch of choc chip made to send home with granddaughter along with the sugar cookies on Sunday.  Grandson only likes those.  Have to get a start on  my day.  Chat later, I hope.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, I have Internet Explorer.  Thanks.  To quote a famous actress accepting her Oscar - "You must like me - you must really like me!"  (took a little liberty with the exact quote, but you know what I mean!)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Yes I do tt, it's not hard : )

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, we all like you. We all really, really, really like you - except for you know who. Hope I didn't jinx the Chat, it had been peaceful here for awhile. - Pingo

[QUOTE]Amber, I have Internet Explorer.  Thanks.  To quote a famous actress accepting her Oscar - "You must like me - you must really like me!"  (took a little liberty with the exact quote, but you know what I mean!)
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

And to both Amber and tt as well as Dottie, I have Firefox as my browser. Maybe that is, what makes the difference - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That makes sense Pingo.  Thanks so much! Hopefully they can get this fixed.  I can live without starting a discussion since I never do anyway, but I would like to reply to a post.  And tt really has issues with the logging in and out.  That would make me crazy. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

What is it with the bluejays out there today. They are fighting and squawking (sp?) like anything. Is it mating time for them? In this cold weather? Does anyone know? - Pingo

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Had to login again, but wanted to respond to you, Winter.  First, they won't get rid of me, that was said tongue in cheek.  Besides I'm too persistent.

Second, best wishes for a beautiful wedding day, with everything going off as you've so carefully planned.  I hope it's the beginning of a long, happy and healthy life together for the 3 of you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Amber, I have Internet Explorer.  Thanks.  To quote a famous actress accepting her Oscar - "You must like me - you must really like me!"  (took a little liberty with the exact quote, but you know what I mean!)
    tt

Was that Sally Fields?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My chickadees are chirping out there letting me know the seed is gone, or at the very least, low.  Hair is still wet from shower tho, so they'll have to survive until later when it's dry.  Cheerio is basking in the sun in my bedroom, so this is a good time to get upstairs and drag some more boxes into the attic.  G.T. would be dismayed if he were to walk in today and see the Christmas stuff still sitting out up there.  My taken apart tree is waiting in the slider room for he or partner to lug upstairs.  Just seems too awkward for me to manage on the stairs this year.  Don't know what to tell you about the jays.  Did you change food?  Maybe new ones have joined the group and the "OBN" is just letting them know the pecking order!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Amber, I have Internet Explorer.  Thanks.  To quote a famous actress accepting her Oscar - "You must like me - you must really like me!"  (took a little liberty with the exact quote, but you know what I mean!) tt Was that Sally Fields?
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

OMG!  I have a "reply to post"!  May you be the first, Icer!
    Yes, it was Sally Fields.  I saw her that night and really felt embarrassed for her.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks tt.  I can't beleive it's finally here...I've been waiting for this for a while. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Congrats Winter!  I am so thrilled for you...  wishing you many years of happiness : ) 

I still don't have reply to post or start new discussion yet. I only have report abuse or ignore, but happy you do tt : )

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, don't be, it's gone again!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I think with me anyway, it helps if I log into my profile page and come into the thread from my last post, instead of coming right in