February Chat 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: February Chat 2011

tt, yeah! That must be it, the pecking order. We have many more bluejays now than previously. The OBN's are the fat ones, the "newer" ones are a bit scrawny. Have to get some peanuts for them - the ones in the shell. Didn't realize feeding the different birds is a science.
    Just so you girls do not become too envious of me with all the options, I can't go to the next page, after reading the last post. I have to back to the top in order to do that. Not a big deal, really. Just thought I would let you know, I am sharing some of your misery. - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter,
    Just imagine, when we hear from you (hopefully) on Monday, you are a married woman. Any butterflies? I still remember the feelings I had about 43 years ago the day before my wedding. I felt like living in a dream. I was excited and happy but apprehensive at the same time.

Wishing you a wonderful wedding day. May all your hard work pay off, so you will have a day of your dreams. Looks like you have bribed the Big Guy up there. The weather will behave. No rain or snow and the temps normal for this time of the year. You must have been a really good person - that is what we believe in DK, when the sun is out on our birthday.

Congratulations! Wishing you many happy years together with your new husband. - Pingo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think with me anyway, it helps if I log into my profile page and come into the thread from my last post, instead of coming right in
    Icer

Yeah, but we shouldn't have to do that, Icer.  I have to click back and forth from the CC heading to the main forum page, 4-5 times before the same poster is listed on both as the newest poster.  Then it's a toss up whether or not I can go to "last" and actually pull that person's post up.  Realize I spend a lot of my time clicking back and forth on these boards - but you're all worth it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: February Chat 2011:
    [QUOTE]Kargiver, did she own her own home?  All that would be part of an estate.  That and the furnishings/paintings/furniture etc.  That plus any jewelry.  There may be special pieces she wanted you to have.  Doesn't necessarily have to be money.  Whatever, I'm sure you'll treasure it because it came from her. Before my Fla friend passed away, she sent me old crystal jewelry that was the rage in her hayday.  Pieces that wouldn't be worn now, not in the casual circles I travel anyway, and I've given them to G.T.  After my mother died he took a lot of her costume jewelry and made a beautiful Christmas jewelry tree.  These crystal pieces will, I'm sure, be made into some kind of memento of a dear friend.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

It is definitely money; I know how much it totals and that at least her kids (3) and grandkids (4) are named.  But, probably a substantial amount is going to her lifelong church, her sister, and whomever else she wanted, of course, so I can't even hazard a guess at how much the grandkids are getting each (or even if it's divided equally among us).  The reason I didn't know or suspect anything about it was that everything BUT the money was discussed when I was with everyone for the funeral: her house, jewelry, furniture, everything.  So, I assumed that was all there was to take care of.  I got a clock, violet, and a set of doilies I had made for her 20 years ago, and I'll treasure those things...even if I hate the noise the clock makes! LOL  The money is just a total fun surprise, and whatever she chose to leave me I'll be happy and grateful for.

I LOVE what G.T. did with the jewelry - what a cool and artistic way to display and enjoy those very special pieces that could have easily just sat in a drawer never to be enjoyed again.  How creative he is!  Maybe you could get a picture?!

I'll put my two cents in about the issues ya'll are having with BDC.  I don't know how I've escaped such problems; I don't do anything special.  Although, I say "keep me logged in on this computer," so I NEVER need to log in.  If you are on a private/home computer it's perfectly safe.

~kar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Here's a couple more bloopers to cheer us all up and get our minds off the BDC -

"Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones."

"This evening at 7 PM there will be a hymn singing in the park across from the church.  Bring a blanket and come prepared to sin."

"Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM.  Please use the back door."

"The Associate Minister unveiled the church's new campaign slogan last Sunday:  "I Upped My Pledge - Up Yours".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Kar,  I never have to log in either.  If you read my previous posts from this morning, BDC is comunicating with me by email.  BDC confirmed in an email to me they are aware that tt and mothermitzi are having similar problems. They did ask what browser I use and we all have Internet Explorer. I am thinking Pingo is on to something if you have Firefox?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I use Firefox!

ETA:  It's free and safe to download.  I use it because I have mac-based email, and you HAVE to view that using Firefox. I like it better than Explorer, anyway, too, as an added bonus.

www.mozilla.com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I bet that is it!!  I will let BDC know.  Go Pingo!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I can't download that at work  : (  but at least BDC knows what to look at.  Regardless if we have IE and tons of people do, we should not have issues because of that.  I will keep my fingers crossed they will get us fixed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hope that's the solution!  (I wonder what percentage of BDC users are using a browser other than the ever-popular Explorer...?)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Winter - best wishes to you on Saturday.  Be sure to take a second to step back and enjoy it all.  Blessings to you, FI and DS.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Add my well wishes for WEDDING WEEKEND, Winter!   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I love that round of church funnies...I especially like the last one. 

Pingo, Novemb and Kar thank you for wedding well wishes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

[QUOTE]Good morning everyone.  Last day for me.  Though I'll be in Monday and Tuesday.  tt, I hope they don't get rid of you, that would be awful.  Good idea about the costume jewlery.  Kar, I'm sure what you are willed you will cherish. 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Best wishes to you winter for many years of happiness with your new hubby.  Sounds like it will be a lovely wedding.

mothermitzi

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Another batch of hermits made.  They are so incredibly quick and easy.  They freeze beautifully too.  This time I made 4 long strips on the cookie sheet, and cutting them in 2" long pieces got 28 hermits.  Not bad.  A dozen will go home with G.T. and the rest I'll freeze to pick on at will.

Birds are back at feeder - including the sparrows.  I think this new seed has a lot more of the smaller pieces they like, and I'm sure the fruit scent is attracting them.  It looks so beautiful out, and it's really not bad - no wind.

Boards are quiet this afternoon, like a Friday.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

[QUOTE]Don't mean to bog down the CC with our issues, but want to keep tt in the loop.  So my apologies ahead of time! tt, I received another email asking me which browser i use and also made the comment they can see you and mothermitzi are having the same problems.  So nice they are aware.
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Thanks amber.  I never had a problem getting on the threads but many features were missing.  I seem to have most things back now.

mothermitzi

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, can you send me a couple of Hermits?? :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

me too tt!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just put them through the line, Winter.  They are good, I just had one.

I guess I'm the only one with ongoing problems - had to login again and have nothing except "report abuse" and "Ignore ----" at the bottom of each posting.  Also still have to click back and forth, back and forth, to get the latest poster's addition.  Tiring.  I go from this page to the Forum page and back and forth.  Guess BDC doesn't care if they've fixed everyone else's but mine.  Now, all the footings are showing - it's like a house of mirrors.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I have the same problems too.  I did email them back and told them Pingo and Kar do not have any problems and they have fire fox and the rest of us have IE.  They replied back that was VERY helpful and are still trying to fix it.  Hopefully soon.  I would not want your issues though, they are truly awful : (

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I still can not start a new discussion.
    Very annoying!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

same problem I have allready and can't reply to posts either.  BDC looking into it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

TT - I was back scrolling for the hermit recipe.  Did you post it or are you keeping it a secret?  Thought I'd make some for my Dad for his bday this weekend if its a recipe that's easy to pick up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Novembride, I keep no recipes secret - I don't feel I can print it because I took it verbatum from Allrecipes.com.  It's Hermit Bar Cookies and I'm not kidding when I say it is soo easy.  The first time I made it I divided the dough into 3 hunks and rolled it into 3 strips on the parchment lined cookie sheet.  I baked those 20+ minutes.  Today I made the 4 rolls and baked them about 18".  Be sure to read the  comments under the recipe before you start, I have one there somewhere - "Sweet Cook".  Let me know if you have any questions.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

thanks tt...I just bookmarked this recipe for later use.  I won't be baking for a few weeks. :)

Novemb, when is your dad's birthday?