February Chat 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: February Chat 2011

Wool has much thicker fibers (on the opposite end of the scale as "baby" alpaca) so it behaves differently in the wash and is more durable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Trouble posting again.  Will try once more.

Have been pulling together stuff for taxes that are being done the end of the week.  I thought I had tossed everything into one envelope as it came in, but there always seem to be some things you have to go looking for.

Just came in from brushing off my car - snow is so light and flakey - reminds me of Ivory Snow Flakes I used to use to wash the boys' diapers!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I had a special place for tax related mail, but DH didn't participate so I have no idea where everything is...sigh.

The snow has stopped here, but, yes, tt - you can practically just blow it off the steps, no shovel required!  Where's my hair dryer?  Laughing

Off to shower.  I know, I know, it's way too late!  DH has the day off and is out with Gracie; he'll be home any minute.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

---I had a special place for tax related mail, but DH didn't participate---

Count me in that group. Every year, I do the same. Special very well marked folder. Big letters - can't miss it. I practically have to RUN to the mailbox to get there first, until we file our taxes. One year I made a spread sheet of what was needed. I still use it to check, what is in and what is not. But it is still such a pain. "Did you see such and such?" - "Oh yes, it came. It must be SOMEWHERE." Don't you just love that sentences? And guess, who has to play Sherlock Holmes - not DH. Well, thanks to Gods grace, we always make it.
    Feeling like a person again. Had a couple of hours nap - so deserved. Now I can start my day.
    The snow has now stopped. It looks so pretty again covering all those dirty mountains. Isn't it just amazing, how lovely those snow flakes look falling ever so quietly - and how they can be such a pain at the same time?
    Better get ready before Mr. P gets back. Enjoy the rest of your day - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, very familiar, lol! 

Glad you got a nap after your rough, long night.  DH, too, is snoring away next to Gracie on the floor in front of the stove.

We are going to FL at the beginning of April to see my in-laws.  I've just started dewinterizing my feet.  The first pedicure of the year is always a multistaged process.  I intend to keep everything up all winter, but without the incentive of sandals it just doesn't happen.  So far, so much better. Cool  

Uh-oh, there goes the bread maker making it's routine racket.  DH hasn't moved, nor has Gracie.  They must have worked hard in the woods.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar,
    Do you do your own pedicure? I used to, but then I couldn't see well enough to do a proper job. Ouch! And it takes so long to heal. I the summer I go every 3 weeks or so. In the winter I stretch it to 6 weeks - but I do not get my toe nails painted in the wintertime. I feel it is good for them to be natural for awhile. Will your most beloved BIL be in FLA, while you are there? Are you taking Gracie with you?
    I always get a kick out of seeing your DH sleeping on the floor. They must have been really tired indeed. Gracie is still wearing her leash or harness or whatever. Ka-plunk!
    Roasting beets right now for a salad and making a lentil stew for tonight's dinner. Wish I had some feta or goat cheese for the beets, but I don't. Will have to think of something.
    I wish, I could have done a lot more today, but I just don't have any energy. Hopefully I will sleep better tonight. - Pingo

Ps. Did anyone notice BDC changed back to the dreary gray - I kind of liked the blue and yellow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Nice to have a trip to a hopefully warmer climate planned, Kargiver.  Too bad it wasn't this month - what, pray tell, are you going to do with Gracie?  Have you boarded her for any length of time before?  She and your husband will both be having withdrawal pains - cute picture of the two of them in front of the stove.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I am sorry to learn you are having so much trouble with BDC. We miss having you around. I am hoping you can read us, even though, you cannot post.
    It looks like BDC has taken a step backwards. Is that correct, Dottie? Now we have the old grey back ground and not the blue/yellow. I am sure they are trying to fix whatever, so please be patient - we don't want to loose you.
    Only suggestion I have for you is to install - or have someone do it for you - the Firefox browser. It seems to work a lot better. You can download it for free. I used to use the Explorer, and I always had a lot of problems with it. Not just on BDC, but in general.
    - Pingo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi Friends.  I am just back to feeling like a human again after having been down and out for a few days with a miserable sinus infection.  Missed Thursday and Friday of work, and stayed on the couch all day Saturday.  Thank goodness I had today off to catch up.

I'm still reading all of your goings ons, but hope everyone is well.  Chat soon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sorry to hear you have a sinus infection, November. It is such a nasty and painful thing. Make sure you bundle up and cover your face well, if you go to work today. It is only 8 degrees outside here this morning. - Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Thanks Pingo.  I am feeling much better.  I have been on antibiotics for five days now, but the first few days were certainly no fun.  Apparently I missed all the warm weather!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning, Ladies

Glad you're feeling better, Novembride.  A sinus infection can really knock you out of commission.

This is one of those mornings when I do have to get out, but will postpone it a bit til 10:30 or so.  I'm in slow gear anyway this morning.

The snow has melted off the holly berry bush now and I can not see any red berries.  The robin sits in this tree outside the window and does still fly down in there, but I'm afraid his appetite has outlasted the duration of the berries that were there.  Don't know what he'll feed on when the last of them is gone.  Have a few not so good strawberries left in a container, I'll toss them down by the bush when I go out.

Appreciate your suggestion about changing browser, Pingo, but since BDC is the only site I have a problem with, and I'm not the only one, I think it's up to them to find and correct their problem so we all can participate, not just those with a certain browser.

Have to get a move on, chat later - - - - I hope.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

Yup, I do my own pedicure; it's not my favorite activity, but it lasts a long time, and I only do the full "treatment" once a year in the Spring so my feet look fresh and pretty in sandals after a long winter in boots.

Gracie is all scheduled at her kennel, her own special vacation spot.  She went to puppy kindergarten there, and she loves the owner, other dogs, and the vast fenced in play area outside.  She gets a palatial kennel with her own food, bed, blankie, and sleep bunny.  We've left her there for a few days before, and we do miss her like crazy, but are totally confident she's happy and well taken care of so it's not so bad.  

Had another pasta dinner last night, ziti.  DH is going vegetarian until our trip to lose his "last 10 lbs."  You know how stubborn that last bit is.  He's lost about 30 over the last 2 years.  We both want to look our best in FL,  I guess!  So, I didn't make meatballs, but it was still worth the effort. 

The kitchen looks like a bomb exploded out there - guess I better get it in gear.  It was so nice to have DH home for Presidents' Day.  Wish we always had 3 day weekends!

Have a great day, ladies,
    ~kar

P.S.  Forgot to refresh to see this morning's latest.  November, so sorry you were sick!  Hope you'll continue to feel better this week.

BDC needs to correct their problems letting people choose what browser they want to use, but that notwithstanding, I love Firefox and recommend it regardless.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Kar - your pedicure tales remind me of the old DSW commercial where the woman takes off her boots and woll socks to try on sandals.  The voice over sounds like an animal planet nature show - coming out of hibernation, shedding winter layers, etc..  Do you remember it?  It was always one of my favorites.

Just yesterday I also said "I should go for a pedicure"

TT - I'm sorry you're still having trouble with BDC, but I'm glad you forge through it and continue to post.  I enjoy your conversation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I agree with you totally. People should be able to use, whatever browser they like. However, like you I think Firefox is so much better all around. I did have Explorer for many years, and pulled my hair often. What a change, when our son changed us to Firefox. And I am not just talking BDC.
    So DH wants to loose some more weight (don't we all)? I am not so sure pasta is the right thing to eat. Do you? But of course it is a good excuse to get his home made pasta. LOL
    - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Everything in moderation with respect to the pasta.  I give DH portions that are consistent with weight loss; he's not allowed to dip into the pot himself.  A plate of his own making would be a disaster, indeed!  I track his calories - he gets free "Nutrisystem" around here. :)

Oh, yes, I remember those DSW ads, I LOVE them.  So clever.

ETA:  If I were to keep all of DH's favorite things at bay, he'd sneak candy bars!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Off we go to the do-it-yourself dog wash.  Mango Tango, here we come.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh, Kar - do I ever I remember those days. I used to do it in our bath tub. Laid out towels all over the floor, and was ready to do an all over cleaning afterwards. She did not mind to get into the tub and being washed - but when she got out of there, her natural instinct was to shake off all the water. Oh, boy!
    I think I like cats a lot better in that respect.
    A friend of ours has a brown lab. Her dog's coat is always so beautiful and shiny. I asked her once, how she managed that. If she gave her dog special nutrients and such. She gave me her secret. She mixes 1 part vinegar with 3 parts water in a spray bottle and spray it well all over the dog. It dissolves the soap, that will mat the dog's coat. The vinegar is not harming the dog in any way. In fact it kills funguses and mites that may be living there. So she told me. - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Can you make out those tiny green shoots outside my front door?  Iris - - -

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yup, I've done it that way a few times myself.  Water and fur all over the bathroom, what a mess!  But, I have another problem, now, in that we decided to make the upstairs completely disallowed for Gracie, and our only tub is upstairs.

Obviously, I haven't gone yet...Gracie is getting a bunch of energy out playing with her boyfriend, tussling around in the snow.  A tired dog is a more compliant dog so I'll go when she wants to come in.

Thanks for the vinegar tip!  Sounds like a great rinse.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yes, tt, I can see them!!!  What a great photo - YAY for Spring's impending return!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

That's even more delightful than seeing the buddha head, tt!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Oh tt, that is a great photo - showing us Spring is indeed on it's way. I wish I could go and take a look at mine in my back yard, but they are still under 1-1/2 foot of snow. How is your Buddha doing? - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Cyclamen is in full bloom - and Cheerio decided she hadn't had the spotlight shine on her for a while, so jumped up to be in the pic too --

Sorry for those of you it offends (seeing a cat on the table), but know that the table was wiped down with a disinfectant wipe within minutes of this picture being taken.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Another cute photo, tt!  I see your little leprechaun is in the spotlight as well!