Good Sunday Morning 2009

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

Good morning, mothermitzi

Up earlier than I planned this morning. Glad tho, everything is so fresh and white and clean when I look out the windows. Didn't see any footsteps up the driveway, so was surprised when I opened the front door and yes, the Sunday Globe was there waiting. Same family has delivered it on Sunday's for about 20 years. I think they keep passing delivery down from son to son. I started getting it from them when they sold the paper outside the church after Sunday mass.

I did catch Emily Rooney, but it was on the tail end of the monitoring segment and I thought they were probably talking about blogs. Did they mention the forum pages?

Friday I made a large pot of a thick chicken soup and added some canned tomatoes. Love soups on a day like today, especially if they have sat a day or two. The flavors all mingle. Enjoy your stew.

OMG, the hounds are going by. That dogwalker is sure dependable. Love hearing that bay, I hear them coming before I see them. I've got birds lined up on the back fence, waiting for seed, but altho I threw some out yesterday, couldn't get over the ice coated snow to fill the feeder. Today's snow is so soft I think any seed thrown out would just sink down. I'll wait until the plower/shoveler comes and then toss some out on the back walk.

Cats and me are hungry, so will feed the three of us. Talk later.

tt

Addendum 2 hours later: Looked out one of the front windows and saw the holly bush that's covered with snow, vibrating. Watched for a few minutes and saw at least 4 robins dart out and then back in after the berries! I've had 1 winter robin here for the past few years, but guess the whole family decided to winter over. The bush had more berries this Fall than I have ever seen on it before.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

It makes me nostalgic reading your post. That is when New England winters are nice. You paint a lovely scene.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

[Quote]It makes me nostalgic reading your post. That is when New England winters are nice. You paint a lovely scene.[/Quote]

Don't be too nostalgic, Ken. I can paint you a different scene -
    Woke up around 6:15 a couple of mornings ago thinking, "What is that sound?" You know, it was something you knew you had heard before but just couldn't quite place? Then I realized, "Oh yeah, I know what it is." It was the guy next door scraping the ice off his windshield so he could go to work!

tt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

Good Morning tt - yes, the snow does look pretty, but I am dreading going out there to shovel! DH takes care of the driveway, but my "job" is to do the decks, which unfortunately there are 3 of them, argh. Oh well. I keep telling him we need to move to a warmer climate!

Hope you enjoy your soup today - definitely a good day for it. I am going to venture out to do my grocery shopping later. I'm thinking it won't be to crowded today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

Hi Princess,

I bet there will be a fair amount of people shopping this morning - everyone with the same thought that there won't be many out.

The streets here have been plowed, but not down to the asphalt. Pretty to look at and doesn't seem to be slowing the cars down at all.

Because we so seldom have that packed snow coating after plowing now, it pulls up another, long ago, memory, of me standing at a living room window as a little kid, watching a 20 year old neighbor, walking up the street to get the bus, with her black ankle high, fur topped, semi-high heel boots that tied with tassles at the top and squeaked the packed snow as she walked along, -- LONGING to be old enough to dress like that! By the time I did grow up, that style of boot was no longer around, so I never did get to wear a pair.

tt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

Oh ya, now I remember, that's why I moved out here, getting too old to shovel snow any more. But when i was younger, I loved it. I'd go our DURING the storm to keep the driveway clear so it coulnd't get too deep to shovel. And then the was the blizzard of 78 when I had to get on the room and clear it off before it caved in. Oh ya, now I recall.. Yup, you don't have to shovel heat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

Hi tt -

I'm posting all over the place today. I didn't see the new Sunday thread when I opened up this morning. Given that it is still Sunday, I'll come over here! I have seen robins this winter, too. I'm still startled when I see one in winter. Everywhere I go, I see geese, too. Did you cut any of your holly this Christmas? A friend visited me at the beginning of December and brought me a large bunch from his yard. I put it in a copper colored pitcher and set it up on top of my hutch, out of the cats' reach. It is still lovely.

Yes, they did talk about the forum pages and how they deal with posters who use profanity and racial slurs. They emphasized the fine line between free speech and censorship on these pages. Although I do see an improvement here, I wish Channel 2 interviewed an actual poster to get the other perspective - perhaps one of us? That would have made for an interesting rebuttal after what we went through here recently!

Well, I'm on my second cuppa and just toasted a piece of leftover brown bread. Good day for a beef stew. I may venture out in a bit and take some to Dad for his supper tonight. Supposed to get very cold the end of next week. More snow forecast, too. Winter in New England at its best!

mothermitzi

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

Hello All...I have had a bit of a sluggish day today...I get headaches with certain weather systems...Its a drag...

Speaking of drag and that era...those boots TT...you know I think those boots your describe are back in style...You could still wear them

I have just started watching channel 2 again...at the shop. I have a really old t.v. down there that we just hooked up one of those converter boxes to..
    I think your program was on at night though..I'll have to watch for it though...I think they re-play programs..so thanks for the tip

I think I am going to try to pull the last bit of carroots out of the garden this week...but I am going to toss a coin between beef stew or chicken soup...I'l let you know

Well...have a great rest of the....

Icer

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

If you haven't seen "The Queen" with Helen Midden (I hadn't) it's on now on USA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

[Quote]If you haven't seen "The Queen" with Helen Midden (I hadn't) it's on now on USA.[/Quote]

She got an academy award for her role in that film. I also love the PBS series she did, 'Prime Suspect.'

mothermitzi

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

I thought she was great as the Queen. The movie ended all too soon for me, I could have watched another hour of it. She did such a wonderful job in her expressions and mannerisms, particularly showing the hurt when she realized how much more the people loved Diana than her.

tt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

"Speaking of drag and that era...those boots TT...you know I think those boots your describe are back in style...You could still wear them"

No, Icer, the moment has passed. Those boots were of the era of Bette Davis, Yvonne DeCarlo, Lana Turner, and going to movie houses where you walked up a winding red carpeted staircase to balcony seats to watch these actresses in movies you could get lost in.

tt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

Good morning ladies.
    Did you see that accident on I-93 in Derry, NH? WOW!! Looks like it was caused my a driver trying to avoid hitting a person standing in the road.... My wife used to drive that route from Derry, down to Andover, IRS every morning. Oh how nice to be away from that stuff. I hear you guys got burried again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

Hello tt, Icer and MM --- those boots are far removed from my time. But I get a kick out of your posts.
    I did not see tt's Good Morning post yesterday, before I posted on the New Year thread. It wasn't even on. Maybe the monitor was not at work yet, and you all know, how tt needs to be monitored HA!!!
    Yesterday was a stay-at-home day for me. The guys were cleaning the driveway. Afterwards hot chocolate for all of us - except I didn't feel I needed as much as they did. Then laundering their sweaty garments, so they can be ready for the next storm. This year has been brutal as far as snow storms are concerned. But we were warned in the early fall. I just guess no one pay attentionat that time.
    I haven't yet seen "The Queen"- I would love to, but was waiting for the DVD. If is on USA, I will watch it - thanks tt. I like Helen - great actress. - Pingo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

Good morning, Ken

Got up too late to catch the morning news this morning, but will watch for it at noon.

Yes, I got a good 6 inches, but as they predicted, it is light and fluffy. The sun has just come out after morning light flurries. I'll wait til the middle of the day (warmest, I hope) and go out and clear off the car and start it. Plow/shovel guys took care of the rest, including shoveling out my birdfeeder so I could get to it.

Now that I don't have to get out in the early morning if I don't want to, I really don't mind seeing the snow come.

tt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

Hello Ken,
    Yes, it was an unessecary accident - caused by someone, who should not have been there. Who the heck is walking on a HW in a blizzard? And the who, will never be punished for the hurt he did.
    My son was driving home from Manchester, NH late Saturday night. He was visiting friends (you have to know, that he lives in Texas and want to see as many of his old friends, when up here) and had already packed a set of clothing and his toothbrush, in case the weather got really bad. He told his friends, that if the driving was bad, he would come back and stay overnight.
    Well, he started driving back and in NH, everything was fine - snow yes, but it was cleared from the HW. He could go a comfortable speed of 40-45 miles/hr. No problems at all. Then he reached the border of MA/NH - what a difference. Icy, frozen slush! 15 miles/hr - all the way until 495. Several spin outs. The roads may have been salted, but not plowed at all. After 495, things got a bit better. And, thanks God - he got home safely.
    Just thought, you would appreaciate the AZ weather a bit more. - Pingo

[Quote]Good morning ladies.
    Did you see that accident on I-93 in Derry, NH? WOW!! Looks like it was caused my a driver trying to avoid hitting a person standing in the road.... My wife used to drive that route from Derry, down to Andover, IRS every morning. Oh how nice to be away from that stuff. I hear you guys got burried again.[/Quote]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

"I haven't yet seen "The Queen"- I would love to, but was waiting for the DVD. If is on USA, I will watch it - thanks tt. I like Helen - great actress. - Pingo "

Have a kleenex ready, the coverage of the time of Diana's death had tears running down my face.

tt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

Thanks, tt! I am a real softy, so I will prepare myself with a couple of boxes of kleenex. - P

[Quote]"I haven't yet seen "The Queen"- I would love to, but was waiting for the DVD. If is on USA, I will watch it - thanks tt. I like Helen - great actress. - Pingo "

Have a kleenex ready, the coverage of the time of Diana's death had tears running down my face.

tt[/Quote]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

Since nobody else has mentioned it, the actress's name is Helen MIRREN. Not "midden" which means garbage heap.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

Just a case of my finger on the wrong key.

tt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

I think we all knew, whom tt was referring to - P

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

Yes Pingo,
    that sounds just like what I remember and thanks. It's going into the low 70's all this coming week. But I still keep and eye on NE weather because I have sons in Wilmington and Groton.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

Good morning,

Mothermitzi, a bit concerned as there were no postings from you yesterday. Hope you didn't overdo by your shoveling and amount of driving you have been doing. After a lot of procedures you're not supposed to do any lifting and your driving is suspended for a few weeks.

I'll be out most of the day, but hope when I get home there is a post from you saying, "No, I'm fine. I was just hunkering down for the day."

tt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

Ha - Kenny. I know, what you mean. I have sons in Texas and in Japan, and and I am still looking at their weather reports.

[Quote]Yes Pingo,
    that sounds just like what I remember and thanks. It's going into the low 70's all this coming week. But I still keep and eye on NE weather because I have sons in Wilmington and Groton.[/Quote]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good Sunday Morning 2009

Hi princess,
    I am really impressed with you - showeling your decks???
    We do our driveway and our front entrance. - But our decks will have to wait for the "good weather" to come. Usually they melt before we know.
    Bless you - this NE weather will get the best of us. Hope you are all well. How is Spencer?

[Quote]Good Morning tt - yes, the snow does look pretty, but I am dreading going out there to shovel! DH takes care of the driveway, but my "job" is to do the decks, which unfortunately there are 3 of them, argh. Oh well. I keep telling him we need to move to a warmer climate!

Hope you enjoy your soup today - definitely a good day for it. I am going to venture out to do my grocery shopping later. I'm thinking it won't be to crowded today.[/Quote]