lies just inside the door.

There's pounding on the wood,
    I peek through an open crack -
    "TRICK OR TREAT", the lion shouts -
    Ah - It's Halloween that's back!

Happy Halloween, 2009 from toytrumpet

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Re: Halloween

Another masterpiece tt!  A great addition to your collection.

Happy Halloween!

mothermitzi

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Glad to have the REAL tt back! Thanks for a great poem.
    Happy Halloween to all - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

><       ><
         /><           Spooktacular
      |~~~~|

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: Halloween:
    [QUOTE] /><       ><      /><           Spooktacular   |~~~~|
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

So cute, Icer.  You are getting just too darn clever with what you can do with a computer!  I want lessons!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I do something they refered to as"hunt and peck" back in the days of typing class

Weird how it copied itself ??Innocent

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]I do something they refered to as"hunt and peck" back in the days of typing class Weird how it copied itself ??
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]

To quote a clever poster, I think it is "Spooktacular"!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Halloween : To quote a clever poster, I think it is "Spooktacular"!
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the laugh...it went well with my cuppa

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hope we're all ready for the little "trick or treat" ers tonight.  Whether it be with monster hand cookies, Reeses, or M&M's - let the fun begin!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, WE are ready. I capitalized "we", as Mr. P will be at home tonight. Usually the the Trick or Treaters will be gone before he comes home, and I have been doing the "chore". I will be enjoying him handing out the candy this year, and guess what  - he is looking forward to it. Yeah!
    I have a huge bag of the treats, but I probably will have plenty left. Last year we had just a few TOTs. We have a long driveway - and the TOTs are too lazy to walk all the way in, so I guess they skip us. Fine with me. Only the little kids driven by their parents will come. But they are the cutest and I am not missing the older ones. Whatever candies are left, I will take to my office. They are all chocoholics there.
    Our dinner will be different appetizers, so one can eat on the run. Buffalo Wings (mine), Chinese Shrimp Dumplings (TJs) and Chicken Shu Mai(TJs). Pick and choose. In some years past, it was impossible to have a sit down dinner. Maybe not the case this year, but one has to be prepared.
    Now, I am just waiting for "the Lion" to appear. Happy Halloween - Pingo

PS. Looks like the weather is cooperating this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've delivered my cookies and Halloween goodies, and in the process, met the new pup in our family.  Oh my!  Such a cute bundle of fur that could fit in my hand.  She smells so good - love that new puppy smell.  She's a bundle of energy, who has adapted so well in the 3 days she's been with them.  I had to have one last sniff before I left, and buried my nose in her fur.  It was so tempting to say, "A sister?  I'll take her."  But I'll have to contend myself with getting my "puppy highs" by visiting her over there.  She'd been pulling on my sneaker laces and when I got home Cheerio had to check me over pretty thoroughly, then just turned on her heel and walked away.  Would never do to bring a pup home here.  It's only the last few years that there hasn't been a dog (together with a cat) in my life, and I do truly miss having one.  Not to worry tho, there are 3 in our families now and I'll get by by visiting them.

Have to get my candy in a bowl for all the trick or treaters I'm expecting!  Happy Halloween.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, trick or treat is over in this neck of the woods.  Must say, I was pleased, only a few packages left from my two bags of M&Ms.  Of course one group of 12 or 13 came all together, hoping out of 2 vans parked at the end of the street.  Obviously not from this neighborhood, but they were kids, and were in costume, and that's what Halloween is all about, so it was OK.  Perhaps whatever town they came from was not a safe area for kids to go door to door, and they knew this was.

Felt light rain blowing in the door as I closed it and shut the lights off.  Glad it held off until the trick or treaters had a chance to make the rounds all dressed up.

Hope you all had a fun night, I especially enjoy the little ones, so earnest and making sure they say, "thank you".

The wind has really picked up here tonight - brushing branches making scratching noises against some windows.  Hope it hasn't come down the chimney and blown out the pilot on the water heater - that's happened more than once.  Well, off to find something to watch on TV. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Love the poem, tt!  My grandmother wrote poems like that; I miss her so much.

We didn't get a single kid, and we ate the candy.  Like we needed candy!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What's left of all the candies I had (some from before Halloween) has been put in a glass jar with a cover - easy to see, but not so easy to get at.  It's there for anyone who comes in, but these little hands are staying out of it.  Got to get back on my South Beach (says she who just toasted 2 Eggo Choc. chip waffles!).  I'm so hungry today.  Oatmeal for breakfast and a salad for lunch just didn't fill the bill.

Took out a couple of very old Light Cooking magazines from the library.  Leafed through them, but the only recipes that seemed practical in my circumstances of course, happened to be sweets.  Haven't copied down the recipes as yet.  Tapioca has been on my mind all day, so probably will make a bowl before the day is done.  I need to be out of the house or I get the munchies cravings.  Would love to bag up some of the leaves this afternoon, but I don't want to tempt fate with my back.  Acted up yesterday for no reason at all, yet today was OK.  Saving it for the walking around this week-end when we go to the Christmas Fair in Boston.