Happy Mother's Day!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Happy Mother's Day!

Looks like it is going to be a nice day. Windy though - but the sun is out. Wishing all mother's as well as sons and daughters a wonderful day, where ever you are and whatever you will be doing. - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Re: Happy Mother's Day!

[QUOTE]Looks like it is going to be a nice day. Windy though - but the sun is out. Wishing all mother's as well as sons and daughters a wonderful day, where ever you are and whatever you will be doing. - Pingo
    Posted by pingo[/QUOTE]

Aw shucks, you beat me to it, but that is my sentiments too. Happy Mother's Day to all the fine ladies here on CC.
    Here today, as circles can tell you it will be about 102
    We have reservations at the Black Angus for 12:15. We love our steak

One son in Ma sent his mother some beautiful purple Irises and another sent a box of Godiva chocolates.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

I echo Happy Mother's Day to all !!

I mentioned earlier that my oldest daughter was working so we are planning a get together next Friday - well, was I surprised!!  I came downstairs and my son and younger daughter are making me breakfast and mixing mimosas!  I heard some strange noises but with the wind so strong thought maybe some shingles had blown off or there was a problem with the windows.  It truly was a wonderful morning. 

Hope everyone has a feel good day too.

putt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Happy Mother's Day to all of you.  Enjoy this nice sunny day!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Putt, what a wonderful surprise that must have been. Bless your children!
    My BIL and SIL are still here and I made breakfast for all of us - including Mimosas. They were gone for the past two days to upstate NY and came home quite late last night. I was kidding Mr. P and my BIL - "So, what are you going to make us for BF tomorrow morning?" Mr. P said - "I can always pick up some donuts." Yeah - right!
    I remember the days, when my young sons brought me a tray in bed - with flowers from the yard - sometimes Dandelions - and a burned toast and a glass of juice, with the biggest smile on their little faces. What a lovely breakfast that was. Memories are here to stay. And I hope and pray for you,  that you have many good memories from the time your husband was around. These memories are part of the healing process.
    Your dinner w/ your nurse daughter on  Friday is something you can look  forward to. Best o you my dear - Pingo

[QUOTE]I echo Happy Mother's Day to all !! I mentioned earlier that my oldest daughter was working so we are planning a get together next Friday - well, was I surprised!!  I came downstairs and my son and younger daughter are making me breakfast and mixing mimosas!  I heard some strange noises but with the wind so strong thought maybe some shingles had blown off or there was a problem with the windows.  It truly was a wonderful morning.  Hope everyone has a feel good day too. putt
    Posted by putt1[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

[QUOTE]Happy Mother's Day to all of you.  Enjoy this nice sunny day!
    Posted by princess-cal[/QUOTE]

Hi princess

Thank you~ I was just thinking about you last night and it seems like a long time since we have heard from you.

Hope all is well.

putt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

[QUOTE]Hi princess Thank you~ I was just thinking about you last night and it seems like a long time since we have heard from you. Hope all is well. putt
    Posted by putt1[/QUOTE]

Thanks Putt.  Unfortunately, I have been quite sick lately and in-and-out of the hospital.  My electrolytes are very low, which can lead to cardiac issues.  I have to go back in the hsp for a couple more weeks tomorrow (ugh), so I won't be able to post.  I'll miss you all!!!  Take care.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hi pingo

I still think you deserve the wife of the year award.  Are you entertained in the same way when you visit your BIL and SIL?  Hope so!

It was a wonderful surprise this morning and I also remember the "breakfast in bed days".  Memories keep us close and I do have wonderful ones from all the years with my hubby, thank goodness. The best part is we are all still making memories for the future.

Hope you found some great outfits at Nordstroms for all the upcoming festivities.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

putt

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello princess,
    So sorry to hear about your illness. We missed you around here. Hope everything will turn out well for you.  Please post as soon as you can, and let us know, how you are doing.
    In the meantime as you must know by now - we will all think of you and pray you will get better soon.
    Take care - Love, Pingo

[QUOTE]Thanks Putt.  Unfortunately, I have been quite sick lately and in-and-out of the hospital.  My electrolytes are very low, which can lead to cardiac issues.  I have to go back in the hsp for a couple more weeks tomorrow (ugh), so I won't be able to post.  I'll miss you all!!!  Take care.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks Putt.  Unfortunately, I have been quite sick lately and in-and-out of the hospital.  My electrolytes are very low, which can lead to cardiac issues.  I have to go back in the hsp for a couple more weeks tomorrow (ugh), so I won't be able to post.  I'll miss you all!!!  Take care.

I am sorry to hear this princess and wish you the very best.  Post when you can.  Will be thinking of you.

putt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy Mother's Day, all

Sounds like everyone had nice plans for at least part of the day.

Princess, I was so glad to see your nom when I pulled up these messages.  I had intended to post you today when I got home and see what was cooking.  Never thought that you might have been ill. Is the reason you have to stay in the hospital a couple of more weeks because you're having a procedure done?  I'm so sorry. Hospital stays are no fun, even for a few days.  Take care of yourself and listen to what they tell you.  We'll all be looking for your posts to start up again. 

Hugs and a prayer,

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts.  Without boring you with all of the details, my potassium is extremely low which can cause an arrythmia.  So, I have to be on a heart monitor and IVs.  However, every time they get my potassium up, another electrolyte is dropping.  They also want me to gain some weight, so I need to be in the hsp for all of the monitoring.  It's not going to be any fun, but I will be happy to be well again.

I will post when I can, thanks again for your thoughts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi princess -

Potassium can be a tricky thing.  I trust you have good medical care.  Please take care.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers. 

Sending many good wishes your way,

mothermitzi 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi Everybody -

Happy Mother's Day.  Just got home from a lovely day.  Brunch and a ride to the arboretum for Lilac Day.

I was thinking about princess earlier this week, realizing we hadn't seen a post. Circles has been absent from these pages, too.  Hope you are ok Circles.

mothermitzi

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

[QUOTE]Aw shucks, you beat me to it, but that is my sentiments too. Happy Mother's Day to all the fine ladies here on CC. Here today, as circles can tell you it will be about 102 We have reservations at the Black Angus for 12:15. We love our steak One son in Ma sent his mother some beautiful purple Irises and another sent a box of Godiva chocolates.
    Posted by Ken1935[/QUOTE]

Hi Ken -

Thanks for the good wishes and please relay mine to your wife for a Happy Mother's Day.  Enjoy your steak dinner.

mothermitzi

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi Mothermitzi

Oh, was today Lilac Sunday at the Arboretum?  Gosh, I could have done the walking today - sciatica pain was suddenly gone again yesterday morning when I got up.  Darn. 

Had a nice day tho, G.T., my older son and DIL came down and we went out to eat and then back here for angel food cake, frozen yogurt, strawberries and topping, then they left around 3:00.  I called my youngest son to be sure they were home and that I wouldn't be interrupting anything, and went over there til 6:00.  We celebrated the little one's birthday a day early with her other grandparents and an aunt and uncle, and had a nice afternoon.  I brought over the rest of the angel food and strawberries, so we had 3 cakes - mine, a birthday one for the little one, and a "Happy Mother's Day" cake - chocolate!  Had a pic taken of all the "mothers" standing around the cake.  Would like to get a copy of that one - we're all ages.

Now back to the norm tomorrow.  I'll be sitting the kids when they get home from school. Their father, my youngest, is going into the hospital for a procedure, which we're hoping will be an in and out again on the same day affair.  You never know (as Loretta LaRoche would say).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hi tt and board friends:

Loretta LaRoche - she is so funny - when Erma Bombeck passed away my heart was broken - I could totally relate to her for some reason.  She always made me laugh - then along comes Loretta and I found a new friend.  I have not seen or heard anything about her in ages.

Looks like another beautiful day.  Going out for breakfast with exercise friends and maybe a walk along the beach.

Hope everyone enjoys the day

putt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning putt,
    Yes, Loretta is funny indeed. Have been to a couple of fund raisers, where she was the main event. She always make me laugh. I think mainly b/c she is down to earth - and have no offensive language.
    I miss Emma too - she was my idol in many ways. Always on the positive side.
    Company is leaving today. But first I have to have pizza party at lunchtime for them and some other family members and friends, that will come by to say "Good-Bye". I think we will be about 14. Company were the ones inviting everyone. At least I don't have to cook for them and paper plates go a long way. Hubby will pick up the pizzas.
    Can't wait to get back to normal, even though I have to get ready for our trip to LA. Unfortunately I did not find any new outfits shopping. I decided they do not make clothes for women over 50 anymore. Everything is baby-dollies. I don't want to look pregnant either.
    Me think, I will have to have my sewing machine going after I get back from LA. I can do a lot better myself.
    Wish I could join you along the walk on the beach - just love the fresh air and the smell of the occean.
    Best to you my dear friend. I am so glad you are out and about again. I am sure you must have a lot of lonely moments, but healing does take time. I believe you are on the right path. - Pingo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hi pingo

I have to agree that the styles today are not for me - I tried on a couple of tops and they are too low in the front and make me look very pregnant - not a good look for someone well over fifty.  A friend of the family passed away and the wake is this afternoon so I was hoping to find a new outfit.  Decided to wear what I have in the closet.

I do have lonely moments but it seems to be early morning or also when a song comes on that reminds me of our life together.  It is so hard to accept when it was so sudden.  My friends and family are wonderful and keep me busy.  I try very hard not to be a downer when I'm out.  People seem much happier when I smile so that's what I try to do.

Thanks, pingo, for thinking of me and enjoy your time alone before the graduation festivities.

putt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

It may seem like a cliche, but truly I think it is a blessing, when things happen suddenly. When someone is sick and in pain and know the end is near - it would not be something I would want for my loved ones. Whenever someone goes, it is definitely hard for the survivors. But to know that your husband had no pain and vision on what would happen to him, must be a blessing for you. Not that it will hurt less. Healing takes time, but it sounds to me you have a wonderful family supporting you. Especially your children. Hang on to them as much as you can. - Pingo

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Thanks, pingo

putt

Sections
Shortcuts