Happy New Year!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all my chat friends (and enemies as well, we all have some).
    Hope you are all doing well. Lack of postings have me worried.
    We have now started a brand new year and we are getting a new president pretty soon. Lots of changes - maybe. The economy is the pits - but hopefully it will get better for all of us.
    Wishing you all the best and that you will stay healthy and happy. Hope to see you posts again soon - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Happy New Year!

I'm here Pingo! I miss everyone - Happy New Year to you too. Hope everything is well. Work has been keeping me busy as usual, but I was happy that the commute was not nearly as bad as they said it was.

It's been a long winter so far!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy New Year!

Good morning, Pingo. Happy New Year to you.

I didn't see much activity when I popped in on C.C. this morning, and figured you all had left. Glad to see you're still posting - Princess too - altho I wasn't able to pull hers up as yet.

The holidays were good and hope they were for all of you also. We celebrated two Christmases, and so I still have all the decorations to take down and put away. Today looks like the perfect day for it.

tt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Happy New Year!

Hi Everybody -

I can't tell you how happy I was to turn my computer on this morning and see posts from all of you! Now that's a great start to 2009 for me! Briefly, a lot (for me anyway) has been going on in my little corner of the world. I went back to the doctor after Christmas and had another procedure. This time, I am feeling much better but cannot go back to work until the day after MLK Day. Also, my Dad's older brother passed away in the midst of this. Tough time for him and his sister. Anyway, I don't want to dwell on the negative because we are in a new year with lots going on. I have truly seen the best side of people this past holiday season. My family, friends and neighbors have been so kind to me. I feel incredibly lucky. I hope you all had a lovely New Year's and wish you all the best in 2009. Talk to you soon.

mothermitzi

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Happy New Year!

P.S. Also friends, my little project has not died. It's just waiting for me to get back to the office.

mothermitzi

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy New Year!

Did anyone make New Year's resolutions? I will stick to just one this year -
    Don't "expect".

tt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Happy New Year!

Good mid-morning tt, I was so happy to see your post. You have been so missed. I am hoping everything is well with you and yours. How is your DIL doing? Have thought of her lots. And I am sure GT's Christmas trees must have been as beautiful as usual. Did Lily see them - she must have been delighted.
    Christmas and New Year went over well at my house. The family were all together - and that was important. I am sure you can imagine how much I enjoyed it. My youngest son has gone back to Japan and my DIL left, but my older son is still with us. Treasuring every moment.
    My very best wishes to you and your family. Please post again.
    Love, Pingo

[Quote]Good morning, Pingo. Happy New Year to you.

I didn't see much activity when I popped in on C.C. this morning, and figured you all had left. Glad to see you're still posting - Princess too - altho I wasn't able to pull hers up as yet.

The holidays were good and hope they were for all of you also. We celebrated two Christmases, and so I still have all the decorations to take down and put away. Today looks like the perfect day for it.

tt[/Quote]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Happy New Year!

Hello mothermitzy, I am so sorry that you had to go in for another procedure. I just knew something was not right, since I didn't see your posts. Hope all is much better now.
    I am also sorry to hear about your loss in your family. I know it must be tough for your father and his sister.
    Things are busy here. End of the year closings at the office. And the new book keeper we have (1 year an a half with us) is not nearly as sharp as the one, who retired. Gives me a lot of extra work, as I cannot trust her.
    Seriously thinking of replaceing her. But to let people go is not one of our favorite things. Everyone needs a paycheck.
    Don't worry about "your project". Whenever you have time - we will all still be here looking forward to have our own little chat outlet. But actually the chat has not been so bad lately. I have a feeling that BDC has banned some of the posters.
    Well my very best to you and speedy recovery. Love, Pingo

[Quote]Hi Everybody -

I can't tell you how happy I was to turn my computer on this morning and see posts from all of you! Now that's a great start to 2009 for me! Briefly, a lot (for me anyway) has been going on in my little corner of the world. I went back to the doctor after Christmas and had another procedure. This time, I am feeling much better but cannot go back to work until the day after MLK Day. Also, my Dad's older brother passed away in the midst of this. Tough time for him and his sister. Anyway, I don't want to dwell on the negative because we are in a new year with lots going on. I have truly seen the best side of people this past holiday season. My family, friends and neighbors have been so kind to me. I feel incredibly lucky. I hope you all had a lovely New Year's and wish you all the best in 2009. Talk to you soon.

mothermitzi[/Quote]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Happy New Year!

tt, that is a very good one! I just hope no one have hurt you, so you came to that conclusion. Life is not alway easy and sometimes we do expect people treating us the way we treat them. I guess - our mistake. - P

[Quote]Did anyone make New Year's resolutions? I will stick to just one this year -
    Don't "expect".

tt[/Quote]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy New Year!

[Quote]tt, that is a very good one! I just hope no one have hurt you, so you came to that conclusion. Life is not alway easy and sometimes we do expect people treating us the way we treat them. I guess - our mistake. - P

[/Quote]

No, it just seems like a good one for me. I am always full of expectations. Maybe it's not too late to teach an old dog new tricks. One of my handicraft projects will be to embroider "Don't expect" on a small pillow as a reminder!

tt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy New Year!

Hi mothermitzi,

Hope you are well on your way to complete recovery now. Sometimes those "little" procedures lead to larger ones that need to be done. Good to have it done and over with now, and to start the new year in good health.

Sorry to hear about your uncle. It's particularly hard when it occurs around the holidays, as each year they are a reminder. I'm sure you were a great support to your father.

tt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Happy New Year!

Oh tt, you are he best! So happy to see you back. Just love to hear about all your little projects. Please tell GT, that my Mandavilla is doing just beautifully. I am sure by the time spring comes around, it will be strong and healty to put back on the deck. I am so glad I took GT's advice and saved it.
    My orchids are all coming to life right now. Telling me to get rid of all my Pointsetters. Did anyone else have problems with the Pointsetters this year? This year's stock was not very good, I think. Mine started to drop leaves as soon as I got them inside. I usually keep them for months, but this year I can't wait to get rid of them. Making such a mess.
    I stayed at home today, not a day to go out anyways. I am cleaning closets. My mudroom closet is a place where everything gets dumped - and the no one can find it again. I found electric bulbs to sustain us for a while. And 7 pair of my husband's gloves - imagine that? 7 pair. I have lined them all up on the kitchen table - he will get a kick out of it when he gets home.
    Oh well, got to go back to work. TTYL - Pingo

[Quote]

No, it just seems like a good one for me. I am always full of expectations. Maybe it's not too late to teach an old dog new tricks. One of my handicraft projects will be to embroider "Don't expect" on a small pillow as a reminder!

tt[/Quote]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Happy New Year!

Hi pingo -

I know what you mean about year end "stuff." On Monday, my boss and his father (my original boss) came to see me. Before they came to the house, I spoke to my boss and asked him to bring me certain things I can work on at home. This is a very busy time for us, too, and I need to keep busy. My home computer is linked to certain files at the office, so I can keep up with my email, etc... They brought me a card, signed by everybody in the office and a beautiful bouquet from my boss's sister. I'm afraid I was too emotional over the whole thing but I couldn't help it. That's the kind of relationship we have,

I didn't have any poinsettias this year. Hard for me to have any flowering plants, as the cats are very curious and play with them. I did receive an amyrillis, which is growing high on top of my hutch. Too high, even for curious cats! So glad your son is still here. What did you do for New Year's?

mothermitzi

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Happy New Year!

Hi tt -

I can't tell you how much we've missed you here. We've soldiered on, but it wasn't easy at times with certain nutcases giving us a run for our money. With the help of our office IT intern, I've been working on a message board in case it gets bad again. I hope you know how much you were missed. You and GT have my best wishes for 2009.

I received an indoor bike for Christmas and my resolution is to get on it and ride! I have been pretty much at home since the middle of December. Everybody has been bringing me food, and I have gained some weight back - not all I lost - but some. I worked so hard to keep it off, so it's discouraging, but I'm determined to get it off again. I made it to my father's on Christmas Eve and I went to my uncle's wake and funeral. My father did very well during the tough days. He even volunteered to be a pall bearer when they were short one person. He is truly amazing. However, he feels very sad. They were such a tight knit bunch and now they are down to two. Typical Irish family. You know what I'm talking about.

I made a nice soup out of our Christmas hambone. Added marrow beans, leftover mashed potatoes/parsnips, celery and carrots. Boy, did it taste good. Now I feel like making beef stew. Guess I am feeling better!

mothermitzi

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy New Year!

You received a bike for Christmas?? I hinted and hinted but it went right over their heads! Wish we lived closer, I'd warm it up for you until you feel up to peddling!

Your soup sounds delicious. I don't think we ever need a recipe for soup, it's just a matter of adding leftover ingredients and seasoning to taste. In my grocery shopping this week I bought ingredients I needed for chicken soup, my jambalaya (no shrimp, turkey kielbasa and cubed chicken), and since I had a hankering for brown bread and after googling saw it needed wheat flour and corn meal (?), bought a can of that along with baked beans for beans and hot dogs this Saturday night. Next week potato pancakes with sour cream will be somewhere on the menu. BTW, the pumpkin soup came out delicious and will be a standard at holiday time from now on. Made it for Thanksgiving and again for Christmas. Easy and delicious.

tt

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Happy New Year!

Hello TT...Happy turkey Day....Merry xmas, Happy New year too!!

Did you use the small pumpkins for your soup...That is how I imagine it...so pretty on the table

TTYS
    Icer

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy New Year!

[Quote]Hello TT...Happy turkey Day....Merry xmas, Happy New year too!!

Did you use the small pumpkins for your soup...That is how I imagine it...so pretty on the table

TTYS
    Icer
    [/Quote]

Then I won't disillusion you!

Hi yourself. Good to see your nom.

tt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Happy New Year!

Hi Icer -

Happy New Year to you. Did you behave yourself over the holidays?

mothermitzi

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Happy New Year!

Hi tt -

At Thanksgiving, the kids asked me what I wanted and I told them directly! That's how it is around here these days. I sort of missed the lack of suspense, but I really wanted the bike. With the exception of my father, the rest of the adults participated in a grab. We gave to the little ones as usual. Good thing. I wasn't up for shopping anyway.

You set my mouth watering for the traditional NE Saturday night supper. Traditional in my family anyway. I have never bought the brown bread in a can, and I really don't have the ambition to bake a loaf. Is it good?

Did you make your lovely baskets this year?

mothermitzi

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Happy New Year!

It's so nice to see everyone posting again! TT - we REALLY missed you!!!

Looks like it's going to be a long winter, but I found a great rate for a flight to FL to visit Mom at the end of the month. I never thought I'd see flight prices drop, so I couldn't resist.

Sounds like everyone had a nice holiday season - welcome back!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy New Year!

Little kid story to put a smile on your faces this morning:

Lilly who is a little over 2 years of age, now goes to the daycare where her mother works. She is in a room with other children 2-3. One little boy is having a hard time and cries the whole time every day. After about 3 days of this, Lilly went over and stood in front of him, hands on hips, and in a very stern voice said, "You stop that crying right now. I don't like it!" He looked at her, amazed, and stopped. Now when he sees her coming his way days, the crying stops.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Happy New Year!

Oh tt, what a cute story! How did Lilly like all GT's Christmas trees? I am sure she must have gone wild.
    What did you put in your Christmas baskets this year? I was doing baskets this year - and they were all accepted well. My niece e-mailed me, that is had been a tough year for them and they would rather not do a gift exchange - even for the children. So, we decided that no present exchange was "allowed" this year.
    But you know me - I just couldn't accept that, so I thought of you and made baskets. Mostly home made goodies but also a few bought ones. I am happy to say everyone loved them.
    I am kind of hoping that we will go back to the old time, where home made gifts were in (I know, wishful thinking). I remember my mother working day and night sewing, knitting, doing embroidery for gifts. I know those days are long gone, but I do remember how excited I was to receive a pair of handknitted gloves with a matching hat and scarf. Oh boy, was I looking smart.

[Quote]Little kid story to put a smile on your faces this morning:

Lilly who is a little over 2 years of age, now goes to the daycare where her mother works. She is in a room with other children 2-3. One little boy is having a hard time and cries the whole time every day. After about 3 days of this, Lilly went over and stood in front of him, hands on hips, and in a very stern voice said, "You stop that crying right now. I don't like it!" He looked at her, amazed, and stopped. Now when he sees her coming his way days, the crying stops.[/Quote]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy New Year!

Hi Pingo,

G.T. has his parties every other year, and so this was the "no party" year and they only had one tree up. Next Christmas Lilly will, I'm sure, be blown away when she sees all the decorations.

Yes, I did the baskets. Love doing them. I too, miss the days when even I as a young married with not much money, used to make my Christmas gifts to give: candles, chocolate covered nuts, bath salts, embroidered pillow cases, gifts made from craft kits I had sent for. As long as my mother lived, she always included in the shopping bag of gifts she brought at Christmas, one handmade item. Up until a couple of years ago I used to make a set of pillow cases for each family. Stopped when I couldn't get the quality I wanted. There's something about a handmade gift, or even a basket specifically put together with the people it's intended for in mind, that says, "I gave your present extra thought."

This year mine included the usual kitchen dish towel, shopping list, colorful snack clip, some kind of nuts or dried fruit from Trader Joe's, and then 3 or 4 other things specifically chosen according to the likes of the family it was going to. Always find a little dish or thing-a-ma-gig in Marshall's, to put in.

Love to hear others are making them up.

tt

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy New Year!

Hi Princess,

Thanks for the welcome back. So glad you were able to find some decent priced tickets to Fla to visit your mother. I'm sure she'll be like my friend who lives in Largo, and counts the days until her children up here are able to get there for a visit. Hope the days you're away you escape one of our seemingly continuous winter storms!

tt

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy New Year!

Hi mothermitzi,

As far as the brown bread goes, I've never had anything else but the B&M in the round can. We always had it with our beans and franks, and my mother used to slip it out of the can and steam it to heat it up. Now that there's just me, I slice and toast it. Delicious at breakfast, slathered with butter.

tt