Hello

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hello

Good afternoon

Each day I check to see if tt, pingo, mothermitzi, princess, leasy, doglvr and all board friends have returned.   Once again, I allowed a very crude board message get in the way of something I truly look forward to and I believe that was the intention of the offenders.   I am hoping to get back to the way it used to be and ignore the trash that spoils it for all of us.

putt

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hello

Hi  Putt - Yes, I agree!  This heat is  pretty crazy !  I'm trying to stay  cool , hope you are doing the same!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hello

Hi princess

Good to hear from you.  I got up very early this morning before it was too hot and humid and drove to Revere beach to see the sand sculptures.  Just beautiful - so much talent.  I have done nothing all afternoon but read in front of the air conditioner.  Life is good!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

putt

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hello

Hi putt -

I have been away for a week, so I didn't see any of the nonsense until I returned tonight.  I still feel the best thing to do is ignore these posts.  You'd think bdc would have removed it or blocked this person by now.  Anyway, it's good to be back, and I will write more tomorrow morning.

mothermitzi

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hello

I saw pictures of the Revere Beach sand sculptures in the paper today - very impressive.  We used to go to the beach when the amusements were around.  Just about the only remnant is Kelly's. Crane Beach has a competition, too, I believe.  I am hopeful that I will get to Ipswich once this summer.  However, with the price of gas (not to mention a clam plate) it makes me think twice. 

I did not come home to any morning glory blossoms, but I have several buds that look like they are ready to pop.  I picked two hot peppers today.  Tomatoes are doing well.  My asian eggplants are coming along slowly this year. The hawks are noisy today.  My neighbors tell me that the babies are sitting on the branches now and resemble grey balls of fluff.  I am non-plussed by the whole thing.

Thank goodness for a/c, although it's a bit cooler here now that the storms have started to come through.

mothermitzi  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hello

Hi mothermitzi

My friends and I spent lots of time at Revere beach as kids but after I looked at the sculptures and was driving home, I couldnt even picture where the amusement park was.

My tomatoes are not doing so well.  Once again my hubby and I are having a race but his plant has one tiny bud and I may have three or four but they look more like cherry tomaoes.  Maybe they were labeled wrong. 

Great to have you back

putt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hello

Well, although it 's a dreary  Monday, it looks like we are getting a little bit of relief from the heat.   I'm thinkink I need to plan another vacation.  Once I get a taste of it, I always want more!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hello

Hi princess -

If you were recently on vacation, I guess I missed your post.  Did you go anyplace special?  Thank goodness, it is cooler.  Quite a rainstorm last night.

I awoke today to morning glory blossoms.  I am quite pleased!
    Have a great day.

mothermitzi

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeasyII. Show LeasyII's posts

Hello

Hey there Putt --- Who's being a jackass this time (i'll go and have a peek to find out) ? I am on after a longish hiatus -- loads going on here, and why do some weenies get on this board and sound off... just ignore em and don't let 'em ruin your day.

How've you been, m'deario?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hello

Hi leasy

I am so happy to hear from you - we have had some really crude postings but someone was a sweetheart and removed them all. 

Have missed you but glad you are back.

putt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hello

Hi putt -

Yes, they were removed, and I am grateful for that. While the Chat board is not strictly ours and certainly, everybody is welcome to join in, I don't understand why people post that junk.  Perhaps they are jealous that we are a congenial group. I don't care that our posts may seem mundane to others.  They are important to us! So many of the other boards are fraught with arguments and controversy.  The Chat is like a breath of fresh air.   I suspect it is the same person posting that trash under different noms and making up responses to make it seem like others are responding.  How sad for him/her.

After the heat of the last few days, the cool weather is a relief, but I do miss the sun.  Supposed to be like this until the weekend.  No walk home after work today, although I squeezed one in yesterday. Hope the weather is good on Saturday.  We are having my SIL's b-day party at my house, and I'd like to have a cookout.  I am looking forward to it.  The whole family will be here.  

What's new with you?

mothermitzi

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hello

Hi mothermitzi

I was so relieved to see the postings gone.  It was a very nice thing to do and restores my faith in the Globe.  I really enjoy hearing from new people but this just got a little carried away.  It's too bad because that makes us think twice when there is a new person on the board.

This weather is so strange.  I do miss the sun too.  I seem to be spending lots of time running around opening and closing windows. 

Did some volunteer work today, went to the grocery store and here I am.  I just got into the store when my cellphone rang.  My son called to have me bring one of his cars to his work and drive the other home.  Not such a big deal except I have never driven either one of his cars before.  Not something you need to think about in the middle of Market Basket.  Anyway, it worked out fine and I am home safe and sound.

Not sure what's going on with our tomato plants but looking at them today it will be Labor Day before we get the first one.

Enjoy your day

putt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hello

Hi putt -

Boy, we are about to get quite a storm here in town.  It is as black as night, and the streetlights are on.  Thunder galore.  I'm going to sit tight and wait to go home.

My topsy-turvey tomato (cherry variety) has about a dozen tomatoes waiting to ripen.  I have many blossoms and am waiting patiently. I planted my other tomato (heirloom) in a traditional container.  It has a few tomatoes on it, and they're taking their time to ripen, too. Slow year, I guess.  Right now, I am reveling in my morning glories.  They are the most beautiful shade of blue.  Alas, they only appear on a sunny morning, so I was out of luck today. I got the most delicious blueberries at the farmer's market yesterday and the first batch of corn.  I am a happy camper!

mothermitzi   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello

Hello all - so wonderful to have "our"  real chat back again and see all the names.  Now I just hope tt will  join us. Have been missing her posts for some time now.  I think she, like we, got fed up with all those crude messages.
    Thanks to the "angel", who removed them.
    Those names are not new btw. They came from the news board.  They have been  posting the same garbage there for a long time. - But since there is not much activity there any longer  - even less than here, I guess they thought it was a good idea to join us here.
    These forums have become realy boring. Have any of you noticed, that over 1/3 of all the posts are started by BDC - that was never the case with the old board.
    I think I finally found out, why I can' t post and submit at home. We had some touble with our cable modom. That we changed. And for a few days my cable was connected directly to my computer - and I thought all was well. I could post.
    Well, since we are having so many computer people at home with each their computer, we have what they call a router, so we all can use our computers silmutaniously. This router has a "firewall" that will detect and stop viruses.
    That makes my son suggest that BDC has a sub-program running to monitor us, see what our interests are and such. They can collect lots of data that way. But to our router it is a virus. Thus I am stopped from posting and submitting.  Oh, well.
    Hope you all are doing well. Looking forward to go to NH this weekend. Hope the weather will be better over the weekend.
    Best to all my friends - Pingo.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello

Hi  mothermitzy, I guess we posted  more or less at the same time. I am also sitting here in Reading waiting for the weather to pass.  It thundering and lightning and pouring and pitch black here as well, but lightening up a bit now.
    Yes, my tomatoes are also very slow to ripen this year. I have tons of them though.  So by the time they ripen  - I will have an overstock.  Glad I know people, who will be happy to receive them. 
    Talking tomatoes, I saw on the news the other day, that  many tomato growers grow them in  water pipes - hydro-or-whatever it is called. No wonder the tomatoes one buy at the supermarkets do not taste of anything. Can wait to pick my first grown-in-dirt, sun  ripened tomato. Yum!
    My friend just told me this past weekend, how she keep a large batch of blueberries fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. After she bring them home, she soak them in a mixture of 1 part white vinager to 3 parts water for 1/2 hour. That kills fungus and mildew. Then she rinses them well in several changes of water, line a salat spinner with a few paper towels and spin them dry. Then store them in a covered bowl with a few papertowels on the bottom in her refrigerator. I usually freeze mine in several small ziplock bags.
    Oh well, time to go home. Look like the rain has stopped, and the sun is about to come out. - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hello

Boy, the boards are quite crazy today. I think they are finally making the improvements we have been begging for. Now, if they can only speed it up, I will be happy.

Hope you all are doing well - Miss you all!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Hello

OH my goodness mothermitzi...you have what Honey and I call "big Blues!!!They are gorgeous

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Hello

O.k I am having "technical difficulty ...but I am trying

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello

Hello all, something amazing happened. Looks like BDC changed a lot of the things, we were complaining about. This is the first time I actually had the "add your comment" box come up at home. If I can submit this message from my home computer --- all is well. Let'see - I am holding my breath!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello

Yeah, yeah, yeah! Imagine that - it worked!!!! Thanks BDC ---

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hello

Hi Everybody -

Nice to see so many postings and folks checking in. I am worried about tt though. Haven't heard from her in awhile now, and that is unusual. I expected to hear from her after bdc removed "those posts" and hope she is alright. tt, if you are out there, phone home!

Pingo, I hope you have a great weekend in NH. The weather is supposed to improve. I will be going to the farmer's market today for more blueberries and corn. I know what you mean about the tomatoes tasting like sawdust. Native or home grown are the only kind I eat. If I have to make a salad in the winter, I buy the cherry tomatoes. Can't stand the store bought regular kind.

Have a nice weekend everybody.

mothermitzi

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hello

Hi icer -

They are a beautiful shade of blue, and I am so happy I decided to try groing them. Now, I wish I could figure out a way to have moonflowers, but I don't think that is possible here. My neighbor has two rose of sharon bushes - one lavendar color and the other red and white. They are beautiful right now. He also has a trumpet vine. These bushes are close to my deck, so I enjoy them as if they were my own.

mothermitzi

[Quote]
    OH my goodness mothermitzi...you have what Honey and I call "big Blues!!!They are gorgeous[/Quote]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello

Friends, where is tt? I know she got fed up with these new boards, but I have started to worry about her. This is not like her - being away from the boards for so long. I hope she or GT will read this message and tell us all is well.

Putt, how are your wedding preparations coming along? The day is coming closer. Wishing you good luck with everything. I was only the groom's mother and I know how stressed out I became as the day came closer and closer. But somehow we all make it.

We were supposed to go to NH today to visit frinds for the weekend - but they are in one of the towns hit by the tornado and we have not been able to contact them. I am hoping they are just without power.

Well, you all have a nice weekend - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hello

Looks like the boards may be getting a bit better (and clearer)! Hope everyone is well.

We have been getting ready for our new little "addition." We have adopted a Boston Terreir from a shelter. He arrives on Thurs. While I believe 3 dogs is a bit much, our oldest boxer is not doing well, and the younger boxer really needs a friend. I'm thinking things are going to be a bit hectic around here! Oh well, I am taking a few days off of work to get them all adjusted. Hopefully that won't take too long!

Hope everyone has a nice day - hopefully the sun will shine a bit today.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hello

Hi princess -

Nice to hear from you. Congratulations on your new addition! My friends in Oakland, CA have adopted two Boston Terriers through a rescue program out there. After a period of adjustment, it has worked out very well. One of my neighbors used to foster Boxers who were rescued and about to be adopted out. He ended up keeping one - a shy female, who wouldn't let me pet her at first. He was very patient with her, and now she is more outgoing. You never know what these poor creatures have gone through. Lately, there are more and more pets being left at shelters because of the economy. People can't afford to keep them or they are losing their houses. Sad situation indeed. I have never had a dog, and I guess I am more of a cat person.

Good luck with your new addition!

mothermitzi

Sections
Shortcuts