horsebackriding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

horsebackriding

Goodmorning everyone. Yesterday I posted a request about riding lessons for my daughter. I got two wonderful responses from kargiver and t.t. This morning,I tried to retrieve the responses again so I could contact the stables you recommended,and I can't find my question on forums. I'm new to boston.com-maybe I messed up? Anyway, thankyou so much for your responses. Kargiver,Sherbourne is pretty close to us,and I want to look into that. T.t.,The school your grandaughter goes to is exactly the type of program we're interested in. When my daughter is interested in something,she really sticks with it,so I wouldn't at all mind the time and sacrifice for something like this. Your granddaughter sounds great! When teen girls set there hearts on something,it's amazing what they accomplish. She starts high school next year,so I'm trying to find a balance between school and hobbies,volunteer work etc.,all of which is important for college applications.AGH,it seems like she was just born,and now I,m worried about college! Anyway, I'm going to try to find my original question so I can call the places you recomended. Again thankyou so much! beastsgirl

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: horsebackriding

Here they are, I copied them for you -

EDT
    First: 5/2/2010
    Last: 5/19/2010
    Hi everyone! I wasn't sure where to post this question. My 13 year old daughter would like to take horseback riding lessons,and I have no idea where to find a place.She wants to learn to ride and also learn how to take care of them. We live in Boston.Any ideas? Thanks,beastsgirl

Re: horseback riding lesson?

posted at 5/18/2010 12:45 PM EDT
    First: 10/17/2005
    You'll probably have to drive about 30 minutes.  I'd try Sudbury, Marlborough, that area.  I know there are places there for riding lessons, and a quick google turned this up, but I can't vouch for it or even know if it's current.  http://www.sudbury.ma.us/news.asp?id=1275

Re: horseback riding lesson?

posted at 5/18/2010 5:17 PM EDT
    First: 5/11/2006
    Hi bg,

My 15 yr. old granddaughter goes to a wonderful place in Georgetown, I think it is, or next town.  That is probably too far and in the wrong direction for you, but if you're at all interested I will get the name/number from my son.  I have to tell you what a wonderful experience it has been for her.  She's been going since she was about 11 and loves every aspect of being around the horses.  She spends every spare minute at the "barn", riding, grooming the horses, cleaning the barn, anything to be near them.  I know the time and money sacrificed to give her the opportunity of riding lessons in the beginning, put a strain on their family budget, but she has found her passion - how many of us can say that?  And this year she was accepted into Essex Aggie, no small feat these days with over 300 applicants for 127 openings.  This school has opened up new horizons, since the first year they participate in each school's specialty, giving them a chance to get a feel for other specialties among which are cooking, horticulture, photography, and see where their true interests and strengths lie.  She is also seeing how her love of horses can combine with other careers such as photography.  She has been a straight "A" excelled classes student all through school and I'm so glad her parents listened to her plea to go there rather than our town high school. I'm so glad you are finding a way to allow your daughter the opportunity to experience her interest in horses.  Lucky girl, she is.  Good luck.
    tt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Beastsgirl, your topic was moved to the parents section of the forum.  Think Dottie thought it would get more traffic there! 

She also moved Reindeer's mean topic to archives!  Good ol' Dottie really looks out for us....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quasimodo. Show Quasimodo's posts

The North Shore from Wenham to Hamilton to Essex to Ipswich and north have many stables that give lessons. Horseback riding seems to be exclusively a female pastime. Why is that? I see many people on horeseback when I'm driving around this area. However, the rider is always a woman. Maybe men don't like horses.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from amyrd. Show amyrd's posts

Hi
    Does anybody know of a decent place to do just a few hours of horseback riding, somewhere "public." (or whatever the term is) We live in Brighton
    I grew up taking lessons, but my boyfriend, who is 33, has never ridden a horse and would love to try. 
    I  was looking to find someplace where I could buy him, maybe an hour or two, of low-key, easy fun riding.
    Any thoughts?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

In Response to Re: horsebackriding:
    [QUOTE]Beastsgirl, your topic was moved to the parents section of the forum.  Think Dottie thought it would get more traffic there!  She also moved Reindeer's mean topic to archives!  Good ol' Dottie really looks out for us....
    Posted by Ihavemyhats[/QUOTE]

It's reindeer, with a lower-case r. You're still making spelling errors, I see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUFISHBOY. Show RUFISHBOY's posts

try summerhill farm in lincoln, RI.  Great place, wonder staff