Icer --- Here's Your Limoncello Recipe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeasyII. Show LeasyII's posts

Got a note from Pingo that you're in need of a recipe, and hopefully this will help you. Makes great gifts for the holidays. (god knows I'm doing it this year! -- I'm also doing it with tangerine! Now thats a tasty liquor! :-P

Limoncello Lemon Liqueur

• 2 pounds of organically grown lemons
    • 1 quart vodka
    • 1/2 cup sugar
    • 3 cups water

Cut the yellow part of the peel from the lemons. Steep the peels in 1 quart of 100-proof vodka in a covered glass container for one week at room temperature. In a pot, mix 1-1/2 cups of sugar with 3 cups of water and heat until sugar dissolves. Cool thoroughly. Remove the peels from the vodka; strain the vodka to remove any small pieces of peel or other residue. Discard the peels. Add the sugar syrup to the vodka, then stir, and bottle. Will keep for up to two years.

Hope this helps, my dearie!!! Best to you.
    LEASYII

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hi Leasyll

It is so good to see you back on the board - I think of you often. The last I remember reading you had stopped smoking - how is that going?

That lemoncello sounds fabulous. Great gift.

Good to see you back.

putt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Ah yes....What a wonderful community we have here.

Thank you soooooo much

We have all these cantelopes that look like they will be ready for next weekend and its Honey's brother surprise 50th birthday...I want to iinject the cantelpoes with the lemoncello and serve the cut up fruit.

It will be the hit of the party...thanks to my on-line friends!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeasyII. Show LeasyII's posts

[Quote]Hi Leasyll

It is so good to see you back on the board - I think of you often. The last I remember reading you had stopped smoking - how is that going?

That lemoncello sounds fabulous. Great gift.

Good to see you back.

putt[/Quote]

Hey Putt -- Hows things with you?

I'm okay - I fell off the wagon with the cigs, but am getting back on I felt like a million bucks when I quit, so theres no sense in keeping smoking. But it is hard!!! Yuck!
    I told Pingo I'd make her some for the holidays - it is a great gift, and you can use it in a lot of things!

Tell me your news, Putt!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hi Leas

I know how hard it is to quit and not go back. My hubby has been on Chantix for about six weeks. Still has one smoke a day but that's a far cry from 2 packs of non filter Camels for 50 years. One day at a time. I think he is worried about going back because he had a terrible cough that seems so much better now.

Two weeks and the big day is finally here. I know it will be wonderful, everyone is very excited but I will be happy to have my life back too. I even think the bride feels that way at this point.

Good to hear from you.

putt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Hello Putt....I have been trying to quit too....When Mr. Putt is off the Chantix ....and after the wedding...I will probably haunt you for info.

Good luck with the last final weeks b4 the wedding

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hi icer

I will be happy to provide any info I can. It's not easy but he seems to be doing well.

Have a great weekend.

putt

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

thanks....i will get back to you after the wedding...i really do have a lot of questions....i hurt my shoulder so i only have one hand to type

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[Quote]thanks....i will get back to you after the wedding...i really do have a lot of questions....i hurt my shoulder so i only have one hand to type[/Quote]

Hi Icer,

What happened to your shoulder? That must really limit you in your work too. Hope you are following doctor's orders and will be patient with the healing process. Shoulder injuries can be tricky and "painfully" slow in getting back to normal. They are like the knees - I'm finding just when I think mine is A-OK, it resorts back to being painful. I'm still convinced the discomfort I feel now is due to the manipulation the tech did getting the x-rays. - That's what I believe, and I'm sticking to it!

tt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello putt, two more weeks and this is THE DAY. I am excited for you. I am hoping for nice weather for you and that your "family problems" will not come in the way and ruin the day. Hopefully everyone will act like adults. - Pingo

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, it doesn't sound right that your knee should still be bothering you from the x-ray manipulation. Are you still icing it? Could be fluid - that will take time to disperse. There is no extra room in there for for it and it will definitely put pressure on the nerves and hurt. I just don't know, why so many of my friends are having knee problems these days. Hope yours will heal soon.
    What a glorious day. Wish we could take a ride somewhere. We got a new better and more efficient boiler installed few weeks ago. It is a huge job - all new piping. They fixed it up for the hot water then. They are back today to do the second and final part - so will have heat again come winter. Can't go anywhere. Hopefully they will finish today.
    Well you have a nice weekend - and take care of that knee. -Pingo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hi pingo, icer and tt

pingo, once again, thank you so much for your kindness. We are all hoping to enjoy the day and put our differences aside. My daughter is truly a wonderful person and deserves the best.

icer, what is wrong with your shoulder and tt you are still having knee problems??? I was also happy to hear you put your foot down and went out to lunch with your friend instead of doing all the work one more time.

I have been trying to compose something in retaliation to our friends on the "nasty board" as I refer to it but decided it's not worth the effort. Each time we try and respond with humor it comes back as pretty ugly stuff. I would like to defend each and everyone of my board family but it would do no good. Thursby seems to have an infatuation with age and I just wonder if he/or she is old or has aging parents and it may be truly an obsession. I also invision that he is incarcerated with no chance of parole and gets to the computer once a week.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and taking advantage of this beautiful weather.

putt

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[Quote]Hi pingo, icer and tt

pingo, once again, thank you so much for your kindness. We are all hoping to enjoy the day and put our differences aside. My daughter is truly a wonderful person and deserves the best.

icer, what is wrong with your shoulder and tt you are still having knee problems??? I was also happy to hear you put your foot down and went out to lunch with your friend instead of doing all the work one more time.

I have been trying to compose something in retaliation to our friends on the "nasty board" as I refer to it but decided it's not worth the effort. Each time we try and respond with humor it comes back as pretty ugly stuff. I would like to defend each and everyone of my board family but it would do no good. Thursby seems to have an infatuation with age and I just wonder if he/or she is old or has aging parents and it may be truly an obsession. I also invision that he is incarcerated with no chance of parole and gets to the computer once a week.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and taking advantage of this beautiful weather.

putt[/Quote]

Oh my gosh, Putt, in regard to his "living quarters", I was thinking the same thing! He's on the computer more than once a week tho (today,see the C.C. Ranking thread). I have a couple of relatives in law enforcement, I'll have to ask them. It's strange for a young man (if he is a young man) to have so much time on his hands. Because of the nature of their posts and the language they use, I had pictured that whole group as young 20 years olds with a lot of free time in work. It could very well be that they're old guys with not such a nice vocabulary. When I first started posting, one of my sons warned me to be very careful, because you have no way of knowing who it is presently himself on the other end of that posting. I'm sure our posts are read, and you and I will probably get some kind of retaliative response to this. Regardless, it is a waste of talent, because he does have a way with words, even if he does sometimes resort to offensive, suggestive vulgarity.

I worked for a very nice man who I once told, "You're no judge of character, you like everybody." He replied, "I give everybody the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong." That's what I have tried to do with him.

I really think it best not to respond to their postings, at least for myself. That's why I hesitated to even copy and print G.T.'s message to him. I certainly don't want to encourage stuff that I don't want to read.

Enough -- Have a nice rest of the week-end. Funny we should both be on the same page -

tt

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Icer, sorry to hear about your shoulder. How did that happen? Hopefully it is not serious. Sounds like you must be in a sling of some sort, since you kan only type with one hand. I hurt my shoulder years ago, and it still keeps reminding me now and then. Best to you my dear and good luck with the non-smoking adventure. - Pingo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello again tt, putt, mothermitzy, Leas, Icer, princess, laryan, reindeer ---- I agree with tt, it is best to completely ignore those trolls. A cold shoulder works wonders. But I also have to agree, that it is difficult no to say anything. The way Thursby ripped up poor mm on another thread made me so angry. She is such a gentle and high class woman - she did not deserve his venom.
    Funny you putt and tt should think the same about his "living quarters". Made me laugh. I pictured him without a job, being on welfare and spending his days in the library using their computers. - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, Pingo, I've been there too - when I work the library I always check out those seated at the computers and have even snuck a peek or two at what's on their screens!

tt

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hi tt

It is funny we both thought the same thing about good ol' Thursby's living quarters. I almost stood up and cheered when I read the post from GT. In the beginning, I went along with his/her humor but then it got nasty. Why I take it personal is beyond me. My kids have said the exact same thing. We have no idea who is on the other end of these threads. That's why I am so apprehensive about sharing email addresses. Everyone sounds like wonderful people and I am sure the regulars are but we never know. I have also been told I'm too trusting. Maybe Thursby and his cohorts are incarcerated in the same place, are allowed computer privileges and this is how they get their kicks.

putt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Hello All and thanks for the concern of my shoulder...I really don't know what i did...We did pull weeds yesterday....to the tune of filling a trailer!

As far as the Thursby thing goes....I always felt Thursby and slipperyeel were one in the same....a sort of Norman Bates thing maybe.

I was on board at first...but the attacks on MM really did turn me off. I can only speculate but I read one post in particular from slipperyeel directed to MM...it was wildly inappropriate and enormously distastful....She may have reported the abuse or maybe they/he just think that way.

Well I am going to peruse the other threads

TTYS

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from putt1. Show putt1's posts

Hi icer

Seems like the weed pulling is the answer to your shoulder problem. Maybe too much stress in that one area.

Another thing I noticed about the Thursby/slipperyeel saga is how they managed to pull different parts out of our threads, rearrange them to make it sound like we said things that in fact we did not. Does this make sense?

Have a great Sunday and take care of your shoulder. We are off to an open house to meet a friends new grandson.

putt