1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

It's Ken1935's birthday...

Ken turns 75 today

Please take a moment now to wish him a happy birthday

Thank you

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: It's Ken1935's birthday...

Happy Birthday Ken!
    You have not been posting on the Chat for quite sometime, but I hope you and Mrs.Ken are doing well. - Pingo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

There once was a fellow named Ken
    Who was born a way, way back when
    If you see him today
    Here's what to say:
    "Happy birthday, my gracious ol' friend..."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy Birthday, Ken!  Hope you see this and rejoin the Chat.  We miss you.

Thanks, Ache, for calling attention.

~kar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Hi Ken, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You must have a love of music. You share a birthdate with Lola Falana and Harry Connick Jr. Ok. ,I did google it, but you're in good company! Never posted with you before. A brand new year for you,Take care and have fun. b.g.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Happy Birthday, Ken! I hope you don't mind that Thursby is stalking you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

wow   YOU ALL REMEMBERED.   Well thanks to all of you, and especially to Wildon alias thursby and a few more aliases.   Cool I haven't been posting, but Slippery Eel has my email and she dropped in to give me the greetings. I spend more time on Face Book now. But thanks again for remembering.
    And speaking of remembering, it was here that i learned about French Press coffee makers. Well I have a cup via that made almost every day and love it. My first cup of the a.m. is usually just Maxwell House instant but then an hour or so later I take the time to make a  nice French Press cup.
    And to Beastgirl, yes I love music, used to sing in my church choir and in my younger days play bass viol with the Arlington Philharmonic Orchestra, ah but that was before your time probably.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi Ken -

It's nice to see your post and learn you are well.  Hope your wife is well, too. Pretty soon, we'll be making her fruitcake recipe! I like facebook, too.  It's a good way for me to keep up with younger members of the family, and I've reconnected with many schoolmates scattered to the four winds. Take care.

mothermitzi

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ken, so nice to see you post after a long time. Glad to hear you are well. Hope Mrs. Ken is well too. I remembered your birthday w/o Ache's help. Who would ever forget that date.
    How is AZ? My niece says it is pretty hot there right now. We had a great summer here. So much sunshine and warm weather. Did you have a chance to visit NE? Today is low 80, pretty unusual at the end of September. But even more unusual it is to have several of my Azaleas and one Rhododendron in bloom right now. Spring has sprung on a wrong date.
    Take care. Hope to see more of your posts - Pingo

PS. Used to sing in the church choir? Did you stop?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Hi Ken, I love music of all kinds. However, I wasn't blessed with a decent sounding voice. I only sing when I REALLY want to annoy somebody.bg.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from reindeergirl. Show reindeergirl's posts

Hi Ken!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

Pingo..ya  USED to sing...i stopped last year...Our choir is very demanding..long rehearsals,  standing..and everything has to be memorized. So I God called me to another ministry,  I am a greeter at the door and I love it.  I like making people smile and making them welcome. And when someone new comes, i get to show them where the sanctuary is, where to drop of the children..Then I get to chat with them so they will know we are really interested in them.
    No travel to NE this year...In fact my only trip was taking my 17 yr old grandson up to Moab Utah to see Arches Natl. Park and a ride ina 4 x 4 through Canyon Lands Natl. park. 
    Ya, it's still hot here, going over 100 every day, but the mornings are letting up now getting into the 70's  so I have been getting out on the dessert trails again.

Beast girl, your voice must be like my wife's  she can't carry a tune in a bucket.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Thats me Ken. I actually came home from work just now,and had to sit in the car in the driveway because Aretha's "Respect" was on,and I got to sing along because noone was around. Loving to do something and being horrible at it-Oh well. One of my favorite memories is of my Dad, who's voice I was blessed with,would wake us all up with a Good Morning To You song. My sister said "Why do people who cant carry a tune insist upon singing" It would be the sweetest sound to us now. bg

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ken, I  know (personally) it takes a lot of stamina to sing in a choir. Most people have no idea. I think at 75 you are allowed to take a rest. I still remember your very vivid descriptions of your Christmas services. With pictures even.
    I am glad you found another ministry, that make you happy. A greeter is a very important person. Sounds like your church is lucky to have you.
    Your trip with your grandson sounds exciting. Something my son would love to do. He has the jeep, want to accompany him?
    - Pingo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KEK. Show KEK's posts

Hi Ken,

I only post here from time to time but when I saw you reference to the Arlington Philharmonic it brought back some memories.  I used to babysit for a couple who where both very involved in the organization.  Because of their rehearsal and performance schedule, they needed me quite often.  I remember getting a calendar from them one time with all the days they needed me for December.  I think it was 20 out of the 31 days!  I always had plenty of spending money!  This was in the early 1970's so the going rate was 75 cents an hour, and they had 5 kids.  Oh well, I made up for it in quantity!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ken1935. Show Ken1935's posts

In Response to Re: It's Ken1935's birthday...:
    Hi Ken, I only post here from time to time but when I saw you reference to the Arlington Philharmonic it brought back some memories.  I used to babysit for a couple who where both very involved in the organization.  Because of their rehearsal and performance schedule, they needed me quite often.  I remember getting a calendar from them one time with all the days they needed me for December.  I think it was 20 out of the 31 days!  I always had plenty of spending money!  This was in the early 1970's so the going rate was 75 cents an hour, and they had 5 kids.  Oh well, I made up for it in quantity!
    Posted by KEK
    That time with the Phiharmonic gave me my first and only real job as a musician. The first violinist, Phyllis Spence, reccomended me to a guy who was looking for a bass player and I ended up playing with a small group at the Equinox Hotel, Manchester, Vermont for 2 seasons.

Sections
Shortcuts