January 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

January 2012

Good morning! So surprised nobody started January. I def have a cold so will take it easy today. Hope everyone had a safe and Happy New Year!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: January 2012

Whoops!  Can't believe I forgot on New Year's Day to start a NEW thread!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Having my onion syrup today thanks to DD. One of the best things I got from here, thanks to you Kar : )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

GL with it this time, ambergirl - I'm glad it's helped you and Pingo as much as it has me over the years.

Brr, it's not as warm as I thought it was or was supposed to be, but Gracie and I had a nice walk, anyway.  DH is back from clearing a snowmobile trail with a neighbor for the eventuality of snow.  They are so pumped!

Had leftovers for lunch, lovely thyme chicken tenders and a glass of champagne.  DH doesn't care for it so I had some left from last night.

Gorgeous day out there, but next time I go out I'll wear a hat and mittens!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

It helps a lot Kar! I had chicken soup which was good. I have chicken thighs I don't want to waste so will marinate them in Bulls Eye barbecue sauce and bake them later. Nice out here. Loving my heating bills so far. Where is everyone? Being selfish I guess being sick and bored : )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, hope you are having a good day today. Icer can't wait to hear about your NYE party! Still can't get your cake out of my head : ) Pingo you are missed.. weird not seeing you on here but I know you are cherishing time with your son. May take a nap. Since I have free Starz watching a series called Boss that is On Demand. Really good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It never got even close to 50 here, I think...I need to get some wood; DH is busy down in the basement.  Brrrrrrrrrr!

Pingo, if you want to order more Stegmann's, take this survey and get 10% off your next order and free shipping (even though the discount brings you under the cutoff for free shipping).  I just did it myself - it works!  Promo Code Survey for Stegmann

Let me know if you see this after you get back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hello.  Happy New Year's Day.

Amber, hope you're feeling a little better anyway.  Good you have another day off to rest up.

I've spent the day taking down and boxing decorations - all this time and I only did the l.r.!  Maybe the tree tomorrow, but I have to get these boxes upstairs and more empty ones down for the kitchen and sunroom.  Went through my cards and clipped off the fronts of those I can use as gift tags next year.  Lots of Santa's this time around.

Never watched Storage Wars before, but put that on while I was putting things away.  It was fun to see what they bid for sight unseen in unclaimed lockers, and how much they got for resale.  It's all in knowing where to go to have things appraised and then where to go to find the right customers.

Don't want to lose my momentum, so will trek upstairs and get the rest of the boxes for repacking.  Already table tops and shelves are looking better.

Be good to yourself, Amber and nap and drink plenty of liquids.  Chat tomorrow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Speaking of Christmas gifts DD bought me Sketchers sneakers which I have wanted forever! I lost 9 pounds from last years visit with my doctor when I went a week ago. I was shocked but he told me climbing the stairs to my street and THEN walking up the hill to my house probably contributed. Dread it every day but maybe not so much anymore : ) she also got me pajamas (I am a PJ freak) and diamond studs. She is so good to me... I am blessed. What are you and DH having for dinner?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, LOVE Storage Wars! Took all my stuff down yesterday. I honestly didn't put everything up like I normally do. Think DD not being here hampered me. Silly I know as she is 28. When you are done tt and want to chat, looks like me and Kar are the only ones on today. No worries I am being a total couch potato! : )

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, congrats on getting so much done on the decorations!  I've been doing a little here and there.  De-dressed the tree, put a few Christmas decorations away.  Will spread it out throughout the week.

Must vacuum and dust while it's still light.  Then, who knows.  I'm not feeling too energetic, and I don't even have a cold!

Enjoy lounging, ambergirl - rest is the best thing for a cold; we all push ourselves too hard, I think, when we're sick prolonging the misery.

Later,
    ~kar

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks Kar, it is unusual for me but actually enjoying it. The thought of house work makes me woozy.. (wink) are you cooking for you and DH? Forgot to ask about Gracie! She better today?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

hI EVERYONE, I forgot it was January.....I've been busy doing all the removing of the decorations thru the house, DH is sick with a cold and DD is working, so in between movie commercials I'm getting almost everything put away...will leave the tree up a few more days.....since we didn't get our Chinese last night, DD will go and get some when she gets home from work.  Tak care all and Happy,Healthy 2012 to everyone and yours. ss

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Gosh, is there a cold in every CC household right now?  Sorry to hear that your DH has joined the "party," ss.

Ambergirl, I'm cooking, but nothing too special, just cabbage, beets, and potatoes to go with some squash we already have cooked.  Finishing up the garden veggies.  Can't believe they've lasted 'til now!  We have quite a few onions left, too, but those don't get eaten every day.

Gracie is much, much better, thanks.  We just went for a 20 minute walk and ran into a neighbor who wasn't sure which eye it was - there was no guessing when it happened so it's improved a lot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

ss, your dear hubby is working today? God love him. Chinese sounds good as I am hungry but undecided on what to eat. Chicken thighs not talking to me right now. Kar, want what you are having but with a beef brisket (so spelled that wrong) : ) Just realized it is DD working. God love HER!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Didn't end up having the veggies, after all - we ordered a pizza!  Bad Kargivers! ;)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh shoot Kar! Now I want a pizza! Had to change my phone number... so upset about it. Will explain Tuesday. Too hard to type on my phone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sorry, lol!

Change your number?  I'm curious - that's usually not good, though...hope you aren't being stalked.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Amber, please call the police and make sure that they are aware of this.  Ask if there is someone who specializes in cyber crimes and/or stalking.  Please be mindful of your safety and those of your loved ones.  And do not contact the twit (read a rhyming word.)  And, you may not want to comment on this further on this or any other online forum just in case he is cyberstalking you, sounds like it from the facebook comment.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

amber - you have nothing to be sorry for -please just be safe.  People can be so sick sometimes.

Kar-so glad Gracie is better - what a scare!

Got all of our indoor decorations down yesterday, today we will do the outside.  Enjoying having DH home.

Have a great day everyone!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

How are you this morning, Amber?  Hats gave you excellent advice.  Please be sure to follow it to the letter.  No apology needed for mentioning here, but I think she is right about follow up chats, also be careful of giving away too much about your present location and logistics getting to it, as in the reason the dr. thought you had lost lbs.  That's not letting someone rule your life, it's just common sense.

Finally thought to adjust my new computer chair to the right height this morning.  I am so leery to anything mechanical that I don't even try sometimes.  Much more comfortable for my back now that it's at the right height, and it wasn't all that hard to do.

Yesterday was a good "resolutions" day, so day one a success.  Did get on the computer at my old "first thing when I get up" time today, but that was only to see how you were feeling, Amber.  Hadn't read again after I posted yesterday. 

HH was around yesterday and accepted some tuna (which of course I had to give Cheerio too!).  Will pick up some fish flavored f.f. for him when I shop today. 

This probably will be it for me today.  May check in later in the afternoon.  Hope you all enjoy this day off and the last of the mild temps.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, wait!  I think today is the day of Kargiver's "shared birthday" ?  Happy birthday, Kar.  Moving into the 40's isn't so bad - it's all in how you feel in your head and heart.  Have a wonderful celebratory day.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Oh Kar - Happy Birthday - I thought it was tomorrow for some reason.  As much as I had dreaded turning 40, it wasn't so bad.  I can't believe I'll actually be 41 next month - argh!

Going to do some shopping today.  Going up to the Pheasant Lane Mall in Nashua.  I got a GC for Pandora where I can get charms for my charm bracelet.   I just hope it's not too crowded today.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Princess, I think you're right.  I scanned back and on the first she said 2 more days left in her 30's - so I guess it's tomorrow.  Kargiver, clear the mystery up!  Are we a day early?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone and Happy Birthday Kar.  I'm not looking forward to joining the club late this month, but I hope you havea  wonderful day.  I believe you are having lunch with a friend out East, I hope it's a great time.  We haven't even started taking down decorations yet, I think today.  Though I usually leave the try up till next weekend.  Amber too bad you are having this problem and I hope it stops soon.  tt, hope you enjoy your day today.  PC, how is Spencer doing and how are you feeling? 

ETA: Kar I do have a waffle maker and Liz Leon is such a cutie.

Sections
Shortcuts