January 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: January 2012

I don't have them reconginized yet as he doesn't meow very often.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Give it time, he will.  Boo doesn't know when to shut up sometimes.  He is more vocal than Tigger. But I think Tigger just lets him do all the talking when they are hungry : )

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Cheerio is howling up a storm, circling my feet as I walk - whenever she sees me put make up on, she knows I am going out and follows me from room to room leading me back to her food dish.  It's as tho she wants to make sure she has something to eat in case I don't come back!  Drives me bananas.  i keep telling her "No", but eventually end by pouring a little kibble in as I go out the door.  Who has who trained?!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

LOL!!!  I can relate to that!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

too funny tt.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

In Response to Re: January 2012:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, tt!  I can't wait.  Enjoy running your errands in the warmer weather.   I cannot believe I didn't have to report a weight gain given this week's indulgences, but maybe my 4 mile walk (I've read that should burn about 300 calories) has helped control the damage.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Kar, one sure fire way to shed the pounds is to NOT drink soda! I'm 5'11" and was 25 lbs heavier before I stopped!  Now I drink a lot of 0 calorie club soda.  When I drink beer I usually have a Miller Genuine 64 - 64 calories per beer avg. soda 110 cals!  I lost what some would call a "beer belly" my children called it "their pillow!" that they would rest their head on while lounging on the couch with me - once I shed the lbs my kid's asked - Hey, where's your pillow? as their head hit my belt buckle!

It's also been suggested that the aspertime(sp?) in diet soda increases your appetite...Good luck!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hi All
    Busy day on the boards.  What a cute picture of Yoda!

My Drs appt went okay yesterday.  Getting stronger, but blood work still isn't where it needs to be for them to sign off on me going back to work.  I have more appts next week, argh.

Pingo - I have never gotten a pressure cooker, as they scare me to death. Then I see your story of the cabbage. Not only do I fear the mess, but an explosion of scalding liquid.  I know if you use it correctly that won't happen, but I'm not taking any chances, lol.

RT - very funny post!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Two separate trips in and out, but all places hit and taken care of.  One was a stop for a gift card for my DIL.  I know she used to like New York & Co., but I went in there and browsed and it didn't look like anything she wears.  Ended up with the old safety gift card - Macy's.  I know she doesn't buy her clothes there, but thought she could put it towards make up or perfume.

Was looking for a box desk calendar for me, but is Kliban dead or somethinig? Checked on line for the Kliban cat box calendar and it was something like $35 - is that a misprint?  All I could figure was that he was dead.  There were a lot of past years of his for sale too.  Anyway, in all my travels found nothing.  B&N was practically all cleared out of box calendars.  Did stop in the what used to be dollar book store and picked up a paperback that looks good - for me.

Glad your doctor's appt went well, Princess.  Hang in there, you'll get back up to where you're supposed to be.

Came home to no welcome.  Have no idea where she's at.  Not in here, not on or in my bed,  She doesn't get all excited when I come home, just when I'm getting ready to leave!

Time for a nice hot cuppa.  Will have the rest of the beef stew at suppertime.  Quiet afternoon on the boards.  That's because Kar and Pingo are out playing somewhere.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

and you were out shopping and Winter and I didn't get lunch.....

Surprised

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]and you were out shopping and Winter and I didn't get lunch.....
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

How come no lunch?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

because you didn't make any so I had to settle for a hot pocket : )

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh boy, lay the guilt on!  You wouldn't have wanted what I came home to watch Y&R and have for lunch - a can of spaghettios!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I actually like spaghettios.  I have beefaroni at home, thinking might have that for dinner.  mmm....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well then I'm sorry I didn't offer to share some of my spaghettios - and a bisquick roll from last night.

Beef stew, the last of it, for supper tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Now that's what I'm talking about!  Beef stew, yummy!!!  Did you find Cheerio?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I had chicken parm leftover from the Olive Garden.  I went and picked up 4 cans of the food Yoda likes.  Nature's choice or something like that. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ok, my lunch stunk. Hot pocket... did I really buy them??  LOL!  AND I am still hungry.  Chicken parm, beef stew... you ladies are killing me..  Happy Yoda is liking his new food.  I tried so many brands with Amber, picky eater too, and she ended up loving Alpo.  Go figure...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Just got back after a lovely lunch and stop at the Natick Mall on the way home for some super duper hand cream I can only get there.  Winter does a number on my hands!

RT, thanks, that's good advice. I don't like soda or artificial sweetener, no nothing to cut out there.  I have one beer a day, and at 170 calories it's staying...I like it.  My 10 lb gain was due to general overeating and indulging in holiday goodies too often.  I just need to cut back to my regular portions, cut out the sweets, and keep walking.  I'll be back into my favorite jeans in no time. :)

As for keeping to small portions and cutting out the sweets, I knew I'd blow that today, and it was worth it!  Back to sensible eating tonight...if I eat at all, I'm stuffed.  

tt, a Macy's gift card is a lovely gift!  No worries, they have everything from housewares to perfume, like you said.

Pingo, you'll enjoy your pressure cooker, and they are no longer dangerous in the slightest.  I don't have one, but my aunt and uncle do, and they rave about it.  They lead very busy lives (she's the one with the chiropractic office), and particularly enjoy the speed of it with no sacrifice in the quality of the finished product.

Hot pockets are not food, sorry, Ambergirl! ;)  I won't regale you with what we had...it would be sooooo mean. lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, come on, Kargiver, let us eat vicariously through you!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Sounds like you had a great day Kar!  And yes, i agree about the hot pockets : ) And I am starving!  Can't wait to go home and have dinner.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

[QUOTE]Now that's what I'm talking about!  Beef stew, yummy!!!  Did you find Cheerio?
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

Don't know where she came from, but came sauntering in here, meowing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Yes Kar, torture me along with Winter and tt.... LOL!  Joke!  I want to know too!  Aren't cats the best at hiding?  I have had more times than I can count where I swear one of mine got out and I panic.  Then a little while later they do just what Cheerio did, come sauntering out of nowhere.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, OK, if you insist...enjoy!

We started with a gingerbread martini with gingerbread cookie on the edge of the glass.  It was like having dessert first!  Had those with the awesome bread and oil that Not Your Average Joe's puts out.  We each had a huge Cobb salad with grilled chicken and then split a huge, warm apple pasty and ice cream dessert.

I'm soooo stuffed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

must wipe drool off desk before boss sees..............

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Remember, you begged me to tell all. ;)