January 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: January 2012

Yay!  (pronounced "die cot uh me" with emphasis on the "cot")

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thanks, my friend!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No problem - it's not one that you can sound out, that's for sure!

Going shopping with SIL tomorrow.  Must get all of DH's food ready today; he's decided to go strictly off sugar and white flour since all the indulgences of the season have caused an intense flare up of his inflammatory problem with those ingredients.  Can't let him fend for himself, or pizza it will be, white flour and all, topped off by who knows what.  And, the neighbor's son will be over helping in the basement, again, and they'll need something that's quick and easy to heat and eat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sounds like a good plan, Kar. I am trying a new bread recipe. One, you can make the dough in advance and store in the refrigerator. Then when needed, just break off a knob, shape anyway you want, let it rise and then bake. Will use it tonight for sopping up all the delicious stew sauce.
    What is DH working on in your basement? Is it heated? - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You probably know dough will rise a little in the fridge so you might need to periodically take it out and knead out the air.  Sounds like a fun recipe, fresh homemade bread in no time any time you want!  Enjoy your stew and rolls - sounds delish.

He's dividing it by building a couple of walls.  It will be heated eventually.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, it is a glorious day outside - could deceive myself into believing it's spring!

For any of you who shop Marshall's, they are having a huge sale in every department.  Browsed this morning and found just the perfect sweater type thingie for DIL, looks just like her, and for myself, a new Christmas Doll, a small casserole dish perfect for baked fish, some new purple socks, some lotion and a mud masque.  Also picked up an adorable kitchen towel, it's called, with a pyramid of cupcakes, called out to me that it would be perfect to set in the top of DIL's gift bag, since it looks like a "birthday" towel.  Hated to come home, but between yesterday and today I have dropped enough money for a while.

Amber, if we don't cross paths later on today, have a wonderful, relaxing, fun week-end, come back feeling well and refreshed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Sounds like you had a great shopping adventure tt!  I have been out and amazing how much it warmed up from this morning.  Loving it!  I am here until 5:00 so not going anywhere soon : )  But thank you for the kind words on the weekend.  I really am looking forward..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Afternoon chuckle -
    Checked my email and got this reply from a friend I had sent Amber's chocolate piece to: 

"and dark chocolate is GOOD for your heart. I mix mine with wine called choco vine.  Delicious."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Too funny!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, sounds like you had a great shopping trip.  I love your friends reply back about the chocolate. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

New Christmas Doll - $3.00!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

oh tt, I love her.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

How cute!!  can't beat the price!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Hello all,
    TT - I went by Marshalls as well today, but no luck.  I love the one in Bedford as it has a great shoe dept, but still didn't find anything to suit my fancy.  I may actually go up the Burl mall later to see what they have to offer.

DH suprised me and came an took me to lunch.  It was nice, I had a Ruben sandwich, but with turkey instead of corned beef  . . . is that a Rachael?  Either way, it was good Smile

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Princess, it is called a Rachel : )  Love Reuben sandwiches.  How sweet of DH..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That was nice, Princess.  I love Reuben's.  Didn't know with turkey was a "Rachael".

Here's the "birthday" kitchen towel, or so I call it:

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Your DIL will love it tt. I know I would!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, that does look like a kitchen towel.  I think she will like it very much.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Ladies, I am out of here soon. I won't be on the boards again until Monday.  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber have a great weekend away.  In case I don't check in I hope everyone enjoys the weekend.  Kar, have fun shopping with SIL tomorrow. Pingo, enjoy your son being home. tt, I hope you have a fun weekend as well.  Does your GS have a basketball game?  My son has one on Sunday. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

As far as I know his games start up again Saturday, Winter.  I don't always get to go, wait to see if son calls and says he'll pick me up.  It is GS's mother's b'day that is tomorrow, so they may be planning to go out with friends/kids right after the game.  Will know more when I call to sing my "Happy birthday" song.

You have a good week-end too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, love your finds!

ambergirl, have a great trip - be sure to tell us all about it. :)

TGIF and great weekend everyone!

~kar

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Nice day out. Went to the office for a couple of minutes, DS wanted to scan/fax a couple of things. Then for lunch at Bertuccis w/ DH. Had some bad news. His sister's husband (78) was admitted to the hospital last night. Was coughing up blood. Sounds scary. Will go and visit him tonight.
    Beef stew is done. It is as good as the lamb. Done in 20 minutes. The bread came out great too. Will eat after we get back from the hospital. Hope it is not serious - Pingo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hope you find your BIL comfortable, and that perhaps by now they have some answers as to what is going on.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, goodness, Pingo, that sounds scary.  Although, there are benign, fixable reasons for that symptom it could be, too.  Praying it's one of those and it's cleared up in no time.

Have a great day, everyone - I'm heading out for the day with my dear SIL!  

Enjoy the (relative) warmth!

~kar