January 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: January 2012

Amber and Winter love to hear what we're having for lunch, mm, so I'll report I just had a huge salad with cottage cheese in the middle, a cuppa blueberry tea, and one of those magic bars I froze - baking and freezing those was the best thing I've done in a long time, I cut them into really small squares, put them in individual cupcake papers, and they're perfect for snatching one out and topping off a meal.

Want to mention too, a chicken noodle soup I tried only because it was in the bargain aisle of S&S and had a coupon for $1.00 off/2, to boot.  I opened it last night and had some, delicious.  Organic, you add no water, it's called Muir Glen.  Creamy tomato bisque is the other half of my 2 for 1 bargain, and haven't tried that yet.  Of course, now that I'm reading the back it's loaded with sodium (720 per serving), but the chicken noodle was almost as good tasting as homemade.  I'll definitely buy it again - after all, it's not like I'm eating it every day.

ETA:  All I'm thinking of is a Reuben since someone mentioned that in a post.  Love them - but of course I do, they have my sauerkraut in them!  Had bought the turkey breast and made as suggested by Dr. Oz, good, but not the same as the corned beef.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Finished up the other half of a sub I ordered yesterday.  American with everything.  It was good.  I am sleepy now... a bit heavy for me for lunch.  I adore Pastrami.  Now I know I am going to crave it...  LOL!  I'll have to check out that soup tt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: January 2012:
    [QUOTE]Finished up the other half of a sub I ordered yesterday.  American with everything.  It was good.  I am sleepy now... a bit heavy for me for lunch.  I adore Pastrami.  Now I know I am going to crave it...  LOL!  I'll have to check out that soup tt.
    Posted by ambergirl[/QUOTE]

I had never noticed it on the shelves, Amber, have no idea what section it's in - is there an organic section?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

As we just finish the year 2011, I want to thank all of you for your educational e-mails over the past year. I am totally messed up now and have little chance of recovery!

I no longer open a bathroom door
    without using a paper towel, or have the waitress put lemon slices in my ice water without worrying about the bacteria on the lemon peel.

I can't use the remote in a hotel room because I don't know what the last person was doing while flipping through the adult movie channels.

I can't sit down on the hotel bedspread because I can only imagine what has happened on it since it was last washed.

I have trouble shaking hands with someone who has been driving because the number one pastime while driving alone is picking one's nose.

Eating a little snack sends me on a guilt trip because I can only imagine how many gallons of trans fats I have consumed over the years.

I can't touch any woman's purse for fear she has placed it on the floor of a public restroom.

I MUST SEND MY SPECIAL THANKS to whoever sent me the one about rat po*p in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a wet sponge with every envelope that needs sealing.

ALSO, now I have to scrub the top of every can I open for the same reason.

I no longer have any savings because I gave it to a sick girl (Penny Brown) who is about to die for the 1,387,258th time.

I no longer have any money, but that will change once I receive the $15,000 that Bill Gates/Microsoft and AOL are sending me for participating in their special e-mail program.

I can't eat at KFC because their chickens are actually horrible mutant fre*ks with no eyes, feet or feathers.

I can't use cancer-causing deodorants even though I smell like a water buffalo on a hot day.

THANKS TO YOU
    I have learned that my prayers only get answered if I forward an e-mail to seven of my friends and make a wish within five minutes.

BECAUSE OF YOUR CONCERN, I no longer drink Coca Cola because it can remove toilet stains.

I no longer buy gas without taking someone along to watch the car so a serial killer doesn't crawl in my back seat when I'm filling up.

I no longer use Cling Wrap in the microwave because it causes seven different types of cancer.

AND THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW I can't boil a cup of water in the microwave anymore because it will blow up in my face. Disfiguring me for life.

I no longer go to the movies because I could be pricked with a needle infected with AIDS when I sit down.

I no longer go to shopping malls because someone will drug me with a perfume sample and rob me.

And  I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to dial a number for which I will get a phone bill with calls to Jamaica , Uganda , Singapore , and Uzbekistan ....

I no longer buy cookies from Girl Scouts since I now have their recipe.

THANKS TO YOU I can't use anyone's toilet but mine because a big black snake could be lurking under the seat and cause me instant death when it bites my butt.

AND THANKS TO YOUR GREAT ADVICE I can't ever pick up a coin dropped in the parking lot because it probably was placed there by a s*x molester waiting to grab me as I bend over.

I can't do any gardening because I'm afraid I'll get bitten by the Violin Spider and my hand will fall off.

If you don't send this e-mail to at least 150,000 people in the next 70 minutes, a large dove with dia*rhea will land on your head at 5:00 p.m. tomorrow afternoon, and the fleas from 120 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump. I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbor's ex-mother-in-law's second husband's cousin's best friend's beautician . . .

Oh, by the way.....

A German scientist from Argentina , after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain activity read their e-mail with their hand on the mouse.

Don't bother taking it off now, it's too late.

P. S.: I now keep my toothbrush in the living room, because I was told by e-mail that water splashes over 6 ft. out of the toilet. 

NOW Y'ALL HAVE YOURSELVES A VERY GOOD DAY!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I checked on peapod, but under that brand name, they just have canned tomatoes and sauce.  I would assume the soup isle??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, amber, the "list" was perfect!  How true everything is!  Forwarded it on to friends.

As for the soup, I would think it would be in the section that Kashi and whole foods without preservatives, in other words, organic.  When I shop at S&S again, I will ask one of the clerks/ or managers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I thought that was too funny too tt and true in a lot of ways!  Makes more sense about the soup being in the organic aisle.  I have to check it out too. I love soup.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

One more, if you can stand me.  Just too funny to not share Sealed

HEALTH MESSAGE

As I was lying in bed pondering the problems of the world, I rapidly
    realized that I don't really don’t care.
    It's the tortoise life for me!

1. If walking/cycling is good for your health, the postman would be immortal.
    2. A whale swims all day, only eats fish, drinks water, and is fat.
    3. A rabbit runs and hops and only lives 15 years.
    4. A tortoise doesn't run and does nothing, yet it lives for 450 years.
    And you tell me to exercise??
    I don't think so.
    Go around me!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I don't have lunch today, but when I run out at 2:30 I'll grab something, soup from Whole Foods maybe?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber, both of your lists are very funny.  I'll be sure to pass them on. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Haven't had lunch, but went to get some water from our lunch room and someone made chocolate cupcakes with mocha frosting and chocolate jimmies.  It was heavenly. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Had to catch the end of the Y&R.  Nikki almost got strangled - saved by the bell.  Icer, don't tell me Billy is going to try to adopt his own baby from that one night stand girl??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I think he is...I am glad that woman dropped the assault portion of her tale...lying about such things never sits well

and yes looks like Deacon is on to Nikki

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just put a baked potato in oven for supper.  Had a little of the chicken soup that was left over in a cup.  Two appts. tomorrow,  but one I've already rescheduled for next week.  Cough is picking up a little again, but still cool as a cucumber, so I think it's gettng better.

Amber, how are you doing?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

My cough is much better.  Still there, but not as bad.  I think the fresh air this weekend helped.  Thank you for asking : )  I hope your cough stays "cool as a cucumber" 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I ended up with Beef Stew from Whole Foods.  Amber, glad your cough is better. tt, I hope you are not getting sicker. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm not getting sicker.  When my kids were sick, around 4:00 they would always sort of take a turn for the worse.  Don't know what it is, but maybe the day sort of catches up with you.  My cough is way better than yesterday, and certainly better than the night before when I had to stick my head out the door for the night air to clear the phlegm in my throat so I could breath.  Amber, by "cool as a cucumber", I meant my forehead was, in that I have no fever.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh......  I thought it was a saying I hadn't heard before!  LOL!!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I can see why you would think that - I do come up with some doozies -  my mother had a saying for "everything"!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm glad you are not getting any sicker.  Amber I hope you are back to you self soon. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

MM and Amber-sounds like you both had great trips ! Nice to get away.
     Winter- I made a version of your pork chops yesterday. Used the crock pot for some country ribs, but used your sauce recipe  and onion idea. Everyone loved them, and had leftovers tonight--even better !
    Talk about knives--I had a favorite since  I was first married (almost 40 yrs ago!). About 6-8 months ago it disappeared. I have said so many times since then, "I can't believe my knife is gone". My son missed it too- said it "protected" him when he was young from "the boogeyman" when he was old enough(we thought!) to be left alone.  New Years Eve, I opened the dishwaher, and dropped a spoon on the bottom. When I pulled out the bottom rack--there was my knife , at the back, peeking out from under the bottom spinner thingy. ! I had checked a few times, but it must have just dislodged somehow.   It has gone through hundreds of washes- cant belive it was still in one piece. I gave the handle a good overnight soak in oil, and it is doing OK !  What little things make us happy....
    TT-glad you are feeling better. That cold/cough/sore throat is really making the rounds.
    I have vague memory of the "rags and bottles man". Did he collect them or sell them? Not sure.   And was there an  ice man?  My neighbor remembers a  man who sold live chickens who came weekly--this was in the late 50+60's. .

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow, tulips, what a story about that knife.  Laughed to think of your son protecting himself from things that go bump in the night with it!  Glad you found it and it's going strong.  It is funny what makes us happy, and it's so often the "little things."

Speaking of knives, what a difference a good sharpening will do.  Must resolve to keep up the good edges myself and not let them get as bad as they did, again.

Lots to do today.  Vacuuming, steam-cleaning, and coating the floors with wood floor renewer.  The bathrooms need a good scrubbing, and I'm going to do tonight's and tomorrow's dinner today so I can go to SIL's and help her set up her new computer, wireless network, and all that jazz after she gets home from work.  DH will be on his own, and left to his own devices, dinner will not consist of healthy choices.  If something good is all prepared, no worries.

And, I just learned that "they" are considering moving the Doomsday Clock's minute hand ahead (although, the report did not say by how many minutes - what the heck kind of reporting is that?) due to the nuclear and geological climates.  So, there's no time like the present to get stuff done, lol.

Have a great day!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In Response to Re: January 2012:
    [QUOTE]I ended up with Beef Stew from Whole Foods.  Amber, glad your cough is better. tt, I hope you are not getting sicker. 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Good Morning! How was the beef stew from Whole Foods? I've tried a few of their soups but not the beef stew.
    Amber..isn't the lingering cough the worst thing? I had a bad case of bronchitis several weeks ago and traces of the cough are still lingering. I am glad you are feeling better. This seems to be a tough winter for illnesses. Almost everyone I know has been sick. My office seems like a petrie dish lately..lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It does seem like a lot more people in my circles have been very sick with respiratory troubles this year than any in recent memory.  Hoping all of you are getting over your coughs, colds, and other sources of respiratory misery!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Kar...What is a Doomsday clock?....The day they say the world will end is my Birthday you know..12-21