January 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: January 2012

I was fine with 40, not so much with 50...  : )  Winter, don't you hate when you forget your lunch and it is something really good!  I have done that more times than I can count..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Happy New Year Everyone!!!  And Happy Brithday, Kar!

I have the cold, too.  Again. Took my decorations down yesterday though, and have started clearing out what will become the baby's closet.  Just six months to go!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I have the cold too..this has been off and on for 2 weeks...called the doc...same answer as all of you guys..viral...going around

Happy Birthday Kar...40 is the new 20 or so they say

I can only do things a few minutes at a time so I am off to lie down...I'll be back

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Icer, feel better.....  yes, this cold is kicking my you know what.  2 weeks off and on??  I hope mine doesn't last that long : (

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Happy Birthday Kar!

Welcome back Pingo - we missed you!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, everyone!  I'm feeling great - loving all the special well wishes.  

Although, I can't help but want to look my youngest today and have a mud mask on, lol.  My in-laws called to wish me a happy birthday, and I had to admit I'm frozen in mud 'cause I couldn't talk very well!  Heh-woe = hello. ;)

So, now that there's a party in 2 weeks I'm hoping I make my 10 lb weight loss goal a little earlier than the end of Feb.  I have a party dress that's a bit too tight that I'd LOVE to wear.

Nov, so exciting you're getting the baby's digs going!  6 more months...time is flying.  

ambergirl, my mom said the same thing about 40 and 50.  40 was "nothing," 50 was a huge deal.  I remember her walking around the house saying, "I'm 50...50!"  Now she's 65 and loving it.  

Winter, hope by the time you are actually blowing out your candles you'll be happier about it.  I think a life happily and well lived like yours should absolutely be celebrated at every age!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Kar.  I had a visual of you with the mud mask as the phone was ringing, thinking oh no, how to answer. 
    That stinks that everyone is sick.  No sickness at the Winter household and I hope it stays that way. I hope everyone gets better soon.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You don't know the half of it - it was on the backs of my hands, too, HA HA!  They had less, though, so I took that off right before I came back online.  Couldn't type before then, of course.  What a mess!  Oh, boy, time to wash it off my face...yahoo!

The Kargiver household is almost sickness free.  DH is getting over his cold, and I've avoided it somehow (I wasn't very careful!).  Hoping everyone else wih colds gets over theirs soon and those without stay without.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In Response to Re: January 2012:
    [QUOTE]Good morning!  Boy, is it a cold one!  Gracie's outside playing with her buddy, and DH is off to work.  Boo.  Got spoiled with his being home for 4 relaxed days.  He's just getting over his cold, relaxing from being off of work, and back he goes.  Isn't that always the way, though. Nothing going on today here except finishing up the de-Christmasing of the house.  I'd like to find a few "Winter" decorations to replace the Christmas things; maybe I'll visit the antique and consignment shops today. In Everyday Food this month there's a recipe for spaghetti squash "pancakes" with cumin and corriander.  I made them with cooked butternut squash, and they were so delicious DH asked for them for breakfast the next morning.  They are a little hard to form with the change in squash, but give them a whirl if you like cumin.  Very good, but next time I'll reduce the spices to 1/2 teaspoon each; it calls for 3/4 tsp. Have a great week back to the routine, everyone.  Still can't believe it's 2012...wow! Blessings, ~kar
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]
    Happy Birthday Kar, hope you have a terrific day....40....oh to be,again!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, ss!  That's what my in-laws said. :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In Response to Re: January 2012:
    [QUOTE]I have the cold too..this has been off and on for 2 weeks...called the doc...same answer as all of you guys..viral...going around Happy Birthday Kar...40 is the new 20 or so they say I can only do things a few minutes at a time so I am off to lie down...I'll be back
    Posted by icer[/QUOTE]
    Icer and others, so sorry to hear about your colds, think I caught DH's, all I can say is Thank goodness I had the flu shot....can't imagine what that would be like. Welcome back Pingo, one of my friends (since Kindergarden) lives in San Antonio, she was so worried when they were hurting for rain.  We only see each other once a year when she comes to visit her family, I love to write so I send lots of letters and cards.  tt..Pork for New Years...mmm...I had it too.  Altho toay is  Tuesday, think we'll have spaghetti, the sauce is all made, just have to cook the pasta, easy enuf....take care all and keep smiling, ss

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I never knew about pork on New Year's either, but I made a lasagna with (wait for it....) sausage!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think it's funny that so much lovely pork was in the meat cooler, and I had no idea why...totally oblivious.  Sausage lasagna sounds delish, Nov - that's my absolute favorite meat for lasagna; it adds just the right saltiness and flavor imo.

(I think I over-exfoliated...doused face in olive oil and hoping for the best.)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Could I have caught your colds over the internet?!  Went out and did a couple of nearby errands and then headed for home - sick to my stomach and a scratchy throat.  I'm not talking to you guys anymore!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh tt!  I hope not!  but you are still funny : )

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Enjoy your 40th Kar...I just turned 50...Although , I was suffering from this cold last week...Honey broke out our Irish crystal and filled it half way up with prune juice...so we toasted my 50th birthday with that...We have been in roars of laughter every time someone asks what we did to celebrate...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

What a great story Icer.  I am cracking up!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

HA, that's hilarious, icer!!  I'll have to remember to do that for DH; he has 2 years 'til he turns 50.  I love it.  And, happy birhthday to you, too!!

tt, you can talk to me; I'm still cold free.  But, then again, maybe I don't want to be talking to you!  LOL!  Hope you fend it off.  I felt like I was coming down with DH's there for a couple of days but managed to not actually get sick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I <3 Icer & Honey.  You guys crack me up!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Icer that's just awesome.  tt, I'm not sick.  :) Novem I never tried sausage in my lasagna, maybe I'll need to give it a whirl.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

You have to try it Winter.  It is subtle, but adds just enough.  I use sweet sausage (removed from link skin, or sometimes ground sausage meat) chopped into bits and sauteed in a saucepan with garlic.  Then I add the sauce into that pan, grease on the bottom and all, simmer for about 15 minutes, and scoop from there to make the lasagna as usual. 

I'm having leftovers for lunch  with buttered scali bread- and there is plenty more for those who are interested.

ETA:  I also cheat and use the no-boil lasagna noodles.  If you are using them for the first time, I suggest using a little extra sauce for moisture.  Too little sauce and the top ones get a little crunchy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Have a baked potato in the oven and won't tell you what I'll top it with (hint:  begins with "s" and ends with "t").  I think a lot of mine is lack of sleep the past few nights - only 3 hrs. last night.  So many cold viruses around - every place I went today I seemed to be handing something to or taking something back from someone with a stuffed up head and raspy throat.

Winter, I've put Italian sausace slices in between layers of lasagna and it's delicious.  Another thing to try if you like them, is mushrooms.

Want to catch the noon news and then Y&R, so I'll check in later.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Happy 40th Birthday, Kar!  

And a Happy, Healthy  New Year to everyone.   

I have been lurking for a few months, and was never quite sure how to jump in.  Figured it was a good day to ! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Mushrooms sounds good, but I'm the only on that likes them.  tt, I have no idea what you are putting on your potato.  Novem, I'll be over for my lasagna.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Welcome tulips!  I think we all have lurked for a while before jumping in : )