January 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: January 2012

DD was born in October and yes I remember the entire summer well!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sorry, Liz --- got that one wrong. End of July? I feel sorry for you. Hopefully we won't get the hot summer days until August this year. I delivered beg. September, and the summer was terrible for me. My ankles were so swollen, I could barely walk. We didn't have central air at that time. Only in the bedroom. That's where I spent most of my summer going stir crazy. The following spring, we had central A/C installed. - Pingo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Now that we've all encouraged you - - - - - lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I worked up to 2 weeks before DD was born.  Taking the train which was not air conditioned most of the time was terrible.  I was only offered a seat twice and by women at that!  We didn't have an AC at the time, but we got one that August I remember because I was going crazy. I lived in my bedroom after work until the next morning.  Funny how you don't forget that stuff : )

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I was looking after an active 2 year old (the one who walked around with the "toy trumpet") in a house that never heard of a/c, and that's when I sat down at the dining room table and first began writing to Confidential Chat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Didn't think of that tt!  LOL! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

In Response to Re: January 2012:
    [QUOTE]I was looking after an active 2 year old (the one who walked around with the "toy trumpet") in a house that never heard of a/c, and that's when I sat down at the dining room table and first began writing to Confidential Chat.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Awww.... love that story tt... I can picture that in my mind very clearly... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

My son was born Nov 9th and I do remember that summer as excruciating...I worked until Halloween and went back Nov 19th...but I had the best boss in the world and worked miniutes from our apartment..and used my bosses office to nurse

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Was also working a mother's shift at a local bank 6:00-10:00 p.m.  I was catching up on what secretaries had not gotten done during the day, and there were a slew of bookkeepers there on their machines doing the bookkeeping.  Loved that little job.  Most of us were women who had worked the day shift at one time or another.  A very comradely group.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

love that story too TT

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

My son was due early Sept...he came 7 days later..lol.  Anyway it was the summer of 2000 and it was so HOT, yuck.  My ankles and feet got swollen I had to go into to work and say I know sandals aren't allowed, but it's either that or I work barefoot.  I wore sandals and long dresses that last month.  I worked right up until the day before when my doctor said you are 5 centimeters dialied I expect to see you in here soon. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I'm planning on lots of summer dresses and flip flops! My work is casual, thankfully. So wearing flip flops won't be a problem.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

[QUOTE]Good Morning.  Kar, that project is really pretty, and very thoughtful. TT - don't work too hard cleaning today! Winter - Happy Happy Birthday!!!!
    Posted by princess-cal[/QUOTE]
    princess-cal:
    I know you are partial to Boxers,  have you seen this boy?  www.miltonanimalleagu.org     

Mr. Bojangles is a 2 - 3 year old neutered male boxer. He was found tied to a sign at a local trolley stop early one morning. Bo is simply a wonderful dog - he walks nicely on a leash, gets along with other dogs and is very free with his kisses.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, Tulips, I play the online game on MSN, so many different varieties now, but I like the simplest, first, MahJong Tiles.  I don't know how to play the regular Mah Jong, with other people, do you?  Keep saying I'm going to check with the sr. center and see if they play it there, or have sit ins where you can sit and watch and learn.  I think I've only been in our sr. center twice, and that was to drop off things for their fall fairs - which I don't go to.  People there look and seem so much older than me - the joy of denial, huh?
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

Hi TT--no, I dont know how to play with other people.  I play several places on line-Mindjolt, whch has two versions- one is a simple one with colored numbers. That one is timed, so you can be a high scorer! Then another one somewhere I have tagged at home as a favorite, just a straight game, not timed, where the volcano blows if you win--   I am going to check out MSN.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

[QUOTE]tulips, I can never log in from a computer other than this one where I have it set to log me in automatically.  I don't clean out my temporary files (cookies) or it won't let me log in automatically and I won't be able to get in at all. tt, I wish I could join the senior center!  They have all the fun in town during the day.  Cherry pie sounds good...
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

OHH--that may be it Kar--I DID clean out the browsing/temp files the other day--will keep it in mind.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Lovely day.  Cousin just left to beat the darkness home.  Had lunch at Stearns and Hill and then hit the little shops.  Guess what I came home with?  I bought a string of those prosperity hens for myself.  She had a whole new shipment in, said she can hardly keep up with the demand.  I went around ringing each string until I found one that "spoke to me" and now am decided on which door I want to mount them.  Stopped in DiAmici's bakery and had one of those layered pastries (neopolitan) and coffee, and then home to play cards.  Cheerio loves to have company as you can see by the pic below:

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, how funny!  I am going to Melrose with DD tonight for dinner!  How adorable is Cheerio.  She is a ham!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Stop in that little shop and look around.  She has great things by local artisians plus of course, things from countries where women have set up their own shops.  The name of the shop is Hourglass on 458 Main St. - OR as I tried to tell a friend who called before we went out, "We're going especially to hit a little boutique, "Sun in the Window", I think is the name of it" !!! lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That is so funny tt.  Amber use to get groomed there, but I found a new one closer to my house.  But I love Melrose Center.  So quaint.  I'm going to a different restaurant than you went to, but I want to try that one too. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Where are you going - you can tell me tomorrow aafter you have been there - because I had googled looking for restaurants in that area.  It came up with an Italian one, but I didn't see it today, probably further down one way or another.  I was not that pleased with S&H today.  Of course, I just got an Italian saladm, but there were no place mats on the table, and I had to ask for rolls.  Would like to try a different one near there next time - only I can't do on street parking, so will have to have a parking lot nearby.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I will let you know tomorrow just to be on the safe side.  But DD has been and loved it.  I heard though S&H was good for dinner.  Sounds like not too much for lunch then.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

they do have a large menu, but last time I found the turkey dinner very salty.  My cousin got the shrimp dinner today and said it was good.

Dr. Oz had one of the iron Chefs on today who has his own restaurant Michael somebody and he said the 3 things not to buy when you went into a restaurant, being a restaurant owner he advised were:
    the special  = usually the chef concocting something out of things about to go past the expiration date
    veal - especially if it is for $9.99.  Veal is the most expensive meat a restauranteur can buy, certainly not doable at 9.99 - is pounded pork or some other meat for that price
    and all you can eat - salad things ok, but if it contains meat, no because they are the lower grades of meats they have 

Enjoy your meal!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Great advice tt.  I am leaning towards linguini with clams : )  And maybe some raw clams on the half shell for an appetizer.  YUM!  Getting hungry now. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: January 2012 : princess-cal: I know you are partial to Boxers,  have you seen this boy?  www.miltonanimalleagu.org       Mr. Bojangles is a 2 - 3 year old neutered male boxer. He was found tied to a sign at a local trolley stop early one morning. Bo is simply a wonderful dog - he walks nicely on a leash, gets along with other dogs and is very free with his kisses.
    Posted by dog-lady[/QUOTE]

DL - I can't believe you posted this, I just looked at him today!!!  He seems like a doll.  I think we may wait until the spring to get another dog, but I will keep my eye on him.  Thanks so much!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Pssst.... hi guys!!  I'm not ignoring you, I promise!  Settled in from the office move, but now I am training a new employee. 

DL - that Boxer is sooo cute!!  I want to kiss his nose.  Def keep an eye on him, PC, but I imagine he'll find a home really soon.  Who wouldn't want that little love bug.

Speaking of lovebugs - we have an u/s to see the bean next week!  The seemingly never ending project to de-clutter to make room for baby continues.  My attempt to rearrange the bedroom didn't work out, so I am going with plan B on where to put the bassinet (and still considering just putting baby right in the crib in its room), so puppy gets to keep his cozy corner.  Your summer pregnancy stories are making me super happy to have an early July date, but the way this weather is going, it could be 100 by June.  Who knows!

Hope you all are well.  I've really just been scanning.  Happy belated bday Winter, and I'm sorry to hear of your loss. 

Be well friends.  I hope you check in again soon!