January 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: January 2012

Nov, it must be so exciting to be planning, sorting, dreaming of what will be come July!  Thanks for checking in so we don't worry. :)

Cheerio looks right at home in the middle of the card game, like she wants to chime in.  So adorable!

DH will be home any second...can't wait.  No dinner tonight; he's eating what he brought for lunch.  Poor thing didn't have a second to himself for lunch.  I had a leftover baked potato.

I've got 4 rows to go before I can do the sleeves and neck of the snuggie.  I checked with the mom before then to make sure her DD would put something over her head.  Good suggestion, Pingo.  Happily, she does.  If it wasn't going to work she would have ended up wtih a new, plain ol' blankie.

Have a great night, everyone,
    ~kar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Nov, it is so fun planning! I haven't really done any planning, and will wait until we find out the gender, then I can not wait to decorate the baby's room. I'm thinking train for boys, but have not come up with a "theme" for a girl. But, for some reason I really think I am having a boy!

So, I was cutting onions tonight and a couple of pieces fell on the floor and before I could stop it, Leon ate them! Apparently onions are bad for dogs, do you think I need to worry?!

Also, I think I may be the only one who LOVES the smell of cutting onions!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Liz, I don't mind onions either. So where ever I go, I am asked to cut onions. November, please don't let your thoughts disappoint you. We were both so certain, that our first baby was a girl. We called her a "she" all during my pregnancy. DH was supposed to be with me in the delivery room, but I needed a c-sec at the end and he was kicked out (it was a long time ago, when fathers were not allowed). When my dear doc told me, you have a beautiful little boy, I thought, "OMG, what am I going to tell DH. He will be so disappointed". Well no, he was not. He was delighted as anything, that "she" was a healthy little baby with all his toes and fingers. If you really want a little boy, I hope you get one. - Pingo

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I, on the other hand, when I had my 4th boy by C-Section, wailed, "But I already have 3 boys at home"!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I will be thrilled with boy or girl, as long as they are healthy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Liz, you do NOT need to worry about that little bit of onion, I PROMISE.

Onions do contain a toxin, but Leon would have to eat a lot of onions to get sick.

That reminds me, raisins are bad for dogs, too, and when Gracie was about 50 lbs (6 months) I, too, spilled some and she ate about 10.  I called the vet in a panic, and she said she'd need to eat a pound of them to have a problem.  They kind of giggled.

ETA:  Garlic contains the same toxin for dogs, and it's actually safe to feed them a certain amount of dehydrated garlic as a flea and tick deterrant with no adverse effects to their health.  Gracie hates it, but that's another story.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Here we are the day before the party, and I'm scrambling, as usual.  I'll get it done, but it might be a late night, especially given that I also promised to make molasses cookies to bring to the party.  No time tomorrow; we'll have to leave at 10, and we'll have to exercise Gracie before we go.

Forgot to weigh in and report yesterday.  I've reclaimed the success lost to my birthday party and PMS having lost 4.2 lbs of my 10.0 goal.  If I lose 1.5 lbs per week for 4 more weeks, I'll make it.

TGIF, everyone!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  tt, what a great picture of Cheerio, she wants to play cards too.  Novem, glad you are doing well. Very exciting that you get to see the little luv bug again.  Are you guys finding out the gender? Kar, sounds like you will have a buzy day between the cookie making and the snuggie.  Good luck. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Too much caffeine yesterday led to a sleepless night, but this morning fell asleep about 6 and got up at 8:30.  Catch up sleep, I guess.

Thinking of running out for a few things, milk among them, but each time I say, OK, I'll get ready and duck out - a downpour comes down.  I drink a lot of milk and can't stand to run out, and the jug is getting very low.

Hung my prosperity hens on the side panel of the doorway from l.r. to kitchen, and love looking at them.  Shake the little bell when I go by.

Cherry pie on the bill to make today, and if I have enough flour left, or get to the store, some kind of coffee cake.  Cleaning is all done, so the rest of my time can be spent returning a couple of phone calls, working on the puzzle, and trying to get into the library book once again.

Hope you enjoyed your evening last night, Amber.  Always fun to eat out.

Can't wait to see the snuggie, Kargiver.  I've got to box and tissue my valentine gift for G.T.  Picked up some cute, different cards in one of the shops yesterday, a couple of valentines and a congratulatory card to friend who got a clear diagnosis on cancer biopsy.

Comcast sent me a new sheet listing all the different program options, but I don't see what I thought she told me my new one is.  Thought accompanying letter would say, "Welcome to xxxxxxx".  Will either have to call again or wait until the next bill comes.  Whatever, am enjoying the new channels, even stayed up til 11:00 last night watching a movie - of course part of that could have been the caffeine too!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I may have to check out that little shop in Melrose.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning everyone, I am home today, didn't feel good this morning. tt, DD and tried to go to Turners which is right next door to S&H! Parking was crazy! And when we got in, it was packed and a 45 minute wait : ( def want to go back as DD said the seafood is amazing. Judging by the wait it must be. Going to make reservations next time. Ended up at Jack's in Malden. It was ok. That place can be hit or miss. Did some housework and now will do some laundry and relax. Have a good day!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Actually, it's across the street, right?  I had googled them and they have wonderful reviews, but a bit pricey for our luncheon pocketbooks.  Don't even remember now if they do serve lunch, I think so.  Parking was horrendous yesterday during the day too.  We used the parking lot in back of Regina's and had to circle around and around.  Think it being a Thursday a lot of the people might have been in the grocery store.  Even the slots allocated for funeral home were filled around 12:30.  I know there is one for Stearns, in back of the store, but there are a couple of alley like drives and I'm not sure which one.

Sorry you're not feeling well.  Maybe you never got rid of that bug you had.  They tend to lurk and pop up again.  Housework can wait (as I well know!).  Relax and get better today.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, you would love it, I'm sure.  It was hopping yesterday.  You really have to stand still and look around every couple of steps you take, it's a small shop, but packed with incredible items.  There's another store on the same side before you get there too, that we always go in - Sweet Treats I think is the name of it.  They do have chocolates at the back of the store, but that one too, has incredibly different gifts and he's proud to point out things that are entirely made in USA. That's where I got the cards, right in side the door to the right.  A nice street to browse for an hour or so, always can be ended with a stop in the bakery shop for coffee and.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You are right, it is across the street! Duh! Parking is brutal. I don't miss that when Amber would get groomed. I can walk her to my present groomer : ) I wouldn't spend a lot for lunch either but I def want to dinner. Will take your advice and relax. Chat later!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, great news about your friend - how nice of you to get a card to celebrate the happy news about the cancer-free report.  

ambergirl, sorry you aren't feeling well, again.  Hopefully, you can have a restful, recouperative weekend.

The snuggie is coming along, but I have a lot to go.  And, I just got to the point in the pattern where I have to start with a new ball of yarn, and I don't have one.  I'd be running out very soon, anyway, so off I go.  What a dreary day to have to go out.

~kar

ETA:

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, and that's the year of weekly meal planning book in the background that came this week, too.  I don't care much for it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I had no idea the snuggie was going to be that big a piece.  I thought it was a hat with a neck scarf attached.  You really did take on a lot at the last minute.  But, it's beautiful.

Do you have a local library?  Worth the trip to go in there and browse at what they have for meal planning books.  Then if you find one you like, you can always order it online.  That, or visit a B&N firsthand and check them out.  That way you know if the recipes are ones you would really use.  Hard to tell by checking them out online.  We're lucky to have a couple of B&N's within driving distance.

Cheerio is in the other room, won't come near me.  Didn't realize she was in back of me and I stepped on her - what a howl.  Luckily I was still in my slippers.  Don't think she was hurt, as much as she was shocked and her feelings hurt.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I didn't think it would be this much of a project, either, tt, but I'm confident I can finish and hopefully it will fit nicely and be a useful piece.  Maybe she'll need to have mom hold on to it until next year...

Poor Cheerio, but you know, I did the same thing to Gracie yesterday!  She had stealthily crept up behind me.  Whoops!

OK, am showered and ready to go.  Of course, the rain has picked up just for the occasion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's pouring here.  I've given up all ideas of running out to the store.  Still have pie to make, and Y&R to see since I missed it yesterday.  Just made myself a salad but that didn't taste particularly good to me today.  Guess I'm saladed out.

Tried to return a couple of phone calls, but both went to answering machines, so I guess I'm the only one a coward in the rain around here.

I'm sure it will be not only a useful article, but beautiful as well, Kargiver.  You want something that she can get a couple of years out of after all that work. 

Cheerio has condescended to come into this room now, but has crawled under the bed covers.  She has such a short memory span, as soon as she has her nap she'll have forgotten all about being stepped on - I hope.

Don't have my glasses on, so forgive any typos or otherwise unrecognizable words!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, do you know if that shop is opened on Sundays?  I'll have time to myself Sunday and think I'll go check out that shop.  I stepped on Yoda's tail last week and he was mad at me for a little bit.  It was dark and I didn't have my contacts or glasses on and he's so dark in color..oops. 
    Kar, that looks beautilful. I have a snuggie I got for Christmas two years ago and I love it. 

Amber, I hope you are feeling better. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Salad hardly ever tastes yummy to me, I wish it did, especially in the Spring and early Summer when all we're eating is salad!  I had the last pork cutlet with the turkey tomato sauce and a couple of small baked potatoes for lunch upon returning home with the yarn.

Winter, how far past your feet does your snuggie come if you lie down with it over you?

For better or worse, back to work I go.  Thanks for the encouragement!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Phew, thanks Kar. The list of things that are toxic to dogs is pretty long, but I am betting that with any of those items, excluding maybe chocolate?, a dog would have to eat a good amount for it to have any side effects. My MIL was dog sitting once and said she gave him a few grapes, a big no-no!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

First: 2/8/2010
    Last: 1/27/2012
    tt, do you know if that shop is opened on Sundays?  

I googled their website and it says Sunday 12-4.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Grapes are bad, true enough, but it would take a lot more than a few to do any harm.  They aren't as concentrated as raisins so no worries, really - even that number of raisins wouldn't have done anything.  Not that I'd keep doing it, but she honestly didn't do any harm despite how annoying it is to have someone dog sit and feed them anything in any amount on the no-no list.  Even chocolate can be tolerated (although not recommended) in small doses.  My SIL's dog ate a whole chocolate cream pie off a neighbor's sill (yes, like in the cartoons!) and was totally fine.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Icer.  Boy, I must have missed a lot yesterday.  Looking at Monday's previews - I don't want Adam to get shot, and neither do I want him to be blamed for the murder of what's her name if she gets shot.  Quite a few plots they have going.  Do you think from today's episode that Genevieve was the one planting the pillows?  I was beginning to think it was what's her name.

Sections
Shortcuts