January 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: January 2012

Amber, you'll  have to get on the ball and take some new snaps of the "boys".  Altho, I tell you in secret, Cheerio's sworn off males this year.  I go through this every so often with her, but you know, she is such a vamp that it doesn't last long.  I notice she keeps herself immaculate at all times - just in case.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Happy New Year everybody.  I see there's been a lot of posting over the past few days.  Had a nice time away visiting with my cousin and aunt.  My father was with me and he did very well considering his age and the hassle of the airport, etc...  We were lucky though.  Security was very good with him.  His cheerful personality helps a lot.  Anyway, back to the grind and the office is humming along. January is always a busy month for me so I'm glad I got away for a few days.

Practically froze walking to the T today.  That's what a few days in a warmer climate will do to you. 

kar, happiest of birthdays!  Wish I could go back to 40 - LOL!

tt, I love sauerkraut, especially on a hot dog.  Never tried it on a baked potato.

mothermitzi   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I will have to take more pictures for sure tt.  I won't tell my boys about Cheerio, might depress them and they too are looking good from all the grooming.  Tell her they really are harmless and a little flirting never hurt anyone : )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Mothermitzi, I have a great recipe, sort of, for hot dogs and sauerkraut.  I hesitate to print the recipe because it calls for 10 hotdogs, 2 apiece for a family.  What I will do is post it on the CC recipe thread.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt Cheerio is so photogenic it's great.  Yoda is barely 5 pounds so he has a lot of growing to do.  He's a lot smaller in person.  All he has been eating for 6 days is dry food.  :( So I went to PetSmart at lunch and got him 6 different brands of kitten food.  Let's hope he likes one of them. Blue Buffalo Wilderness was one of them.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Gracie is blushing, ambergirl, but she's adamant about my not taking any more photos 'til she's back to her normal self.

mm, I know you froze walking to the T - I was about crying just now for having neglected to wear a scarf to walk Gracie.  I stopped back at the house to get one so I could keep going.  Glad to hear you had a great time with family over the holidays and your dad is doing well.  Thanks for the birhtday well wishes!

Off to the dump, er, I mean "transfer station," lol.  Then, a quick grocery store stop and back to prepare dinner.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

tt -

Sounds yummy.  I can adapt it to a smaller group.  Many times, my Saturday night supper is hot dogs, baked beans and brown bread.  This recipe will be a nice change.  Thanks very much for printing it.  I think my father would like it, too. 

mothermitzi

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt my dad would have LOVED this recipe.  :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Hi All! Happy New Year!!

My dog has been really funny with his food in the past two days. Going up to it and sniffing, but then walking away. This is NOT like him at all. I just found a lump on his hip and am wondering if he is sick? Now I am all worried and will have to call the vet first thing tomorrow :(

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: January 2012:
    tt - Sounds yummy.  I can adapt it to a smaller group.  Many times, my Saturday night supper is hot dogs, baked beans and brown bread.  This recipe will be a nice change.  Thanks very much for printing it.  I think my father would like it, too.  mothermitzi
    Posted by mothermitzi

Do you  have what info you want from it?  I'll delete it.  For one or two people it's basically using the ingredient amounts you want to get what you need for one or two buns.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, why delete it?  Or can you put it on the recipe thread?  I may want to make that someday myself.  Liz, what kind of dog do you have?  I have a Shih Tzu and she is prone to lumps.  But you might want to get it checked out to be on the safe side. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Amber, he is a half schnauzer half poodle. I am going to definitely get it checked out. He has been really lazy as well in the past 2 days. I really hope he is OK.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I forgot you told me that.  I remember his picture, I fell in love.  I would check it out too.  Please let us know how you make out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good luck Liz.  I;ll be opening up a new can of food when I get home in the hopes that Yoda eats it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I find the reply to post button is gone, but I did transfer the recipe to the CC recipe thread, Amber.  Good suggestion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

I don't have any pets at the moment, but I usually have had kittys over my life.
    Cheerio, Yoda, and Gracie are all lucky pets to have such great parents. 

HH certainly does not look like he is a stray --he looks nice and clean, and well fed. Also looks like he has a jingle bell on his collar? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good luck Liz.  I;ll be opening up a new can of food when I get home in the hopes that Yoda eats it. 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride

I'm sure he'll love one of the flavors you bought.  Cheerio would probably eat most anything, but I keep her on the grilled beef fancy feast.  As we all know, she shares tidbits of tuna, haddock, cheese, and whatever else her mother is eating.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

thanks tt!  : )  Winter my cats love wet food, hopefully Yoda will get a taste for it.  Going to head out in a minute or 2.  Can't wait, I'm tired.  Chat tomorrow!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I don't have any pets at the moment, but I usually have had kittys over my life. Cheerio, Yoda, and Gracie are all lucky pets to have such great parents.  HH certainly does not look like he is a stray --he looks nice and clean, and well fed. Also looks like he has a jingle bell on his collar? 
    Posted by tulips1954

No bell, no  tag, just the collar with the loop where a tag might have gone at one time, or perhaps never was there.  That was a zoom in shot from inside the house through the back door window, so that makes him look plumper than he is.  I agree, he does not look malnourished, Cat Lady and I and probably a number of devotees on other streets he visits, are all taking care of that need.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

He liked it up until 6 days ago.  Now he won't eat it so I'm switching brands. Stay warm Amber.  Thank you tulip.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

We titled this, "Heat Munster" -

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Liz, you probably know this already, but Schnauzers are known for getting fluid filled cysts...it's very common and doesn't make them sick overall.  I hope that's all the lump is.  Is he drinking water?  That's the big thing if he has a little bug.

tt, I wanted the recipe - maybe you could post it in CC's Recipes.  I had to go out before I had a chance to write it down.  Sounds like a fun one for Summer BBQs.

tulips, any plans for a new kitty this year?  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

He is currently eating right now and I am sitting very still so I don't distract him! 

I had cats growing up and we had one cat that was the pickiest eater ever. He wouldn't eat his food unless it was heated up.

ETA: Kar, yes he has been drinking his usual amount. I forgot about those little cysts that they can get.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I already moved it to CC Recipes, Kargiver.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Liz, that's good he's eating, now.  I know it's hard not to worry when a beloved pet isn't acting quite right, but I'm betting it turns out to be nothing.

Thanks, tt.  That's another great one of Cheerio.  Gracie is sighing in front of a stone cold stove that I need to load up for the night.  It's 64 in here, very cold for me, but if I kept it at 68 and then tried to load up the stove for the VERY cold night, it would be 75 in here when we went to bed - far too hot!  It's a tricky thing to keep things comfortable when it's this cold.

Sections
Shortcuts