January 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: January 2012

Kar, I'm 5'4 1/5 so probably shorter than what they made the ladies one for.  When I walk it just hits the floor.  If I sit on the couch I can wrap the material under my feet to stay toasty.  I've never laid down with it.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!

This might be immense...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Happy Friday everybody.  Glad this week is over.  Finished year end on Tuesday.  Wednesday and Thursday I attended an off-site continuing ed class. Of course, the CPA tells me now he can't come until almost the end of February. Oh well, I have the satisfaction (and relief) of being done.  Now I can concentrate on other issues. 

Somehow, I logged myself out on Monday.  I had a devil of a time trying to get back in.  I have two email addresses and couln't remember which one I used or my password. I need to be better about writing things down.  Anyway, the system wasn't letting me log in with a new password, but I must say, tech was very helpful and set me up with a new password and I was able to log back in immediately.  So, I am giving credit where credit is due!

amber, sorry you are under the weather.  Good day to stay home though.  It's been pouring in town.  At least it's not too cold.

tt, I step on the kitties once in a while and I also feel so bad!  It's always their tails.  The male especially, tends to side up to me and I don't even know he's there.  I take my cats to the vet in Melrose and drive by the restaurants you mention.    I've never eaten in any of them.  We have a Turner's close to the office - a fish restaurant.  Wonder if it's the same place? There's a florist along Main Street and I often admire their wreaths. Last fall, I stopped and bought one for my front door.  I've been in Regina's, too.  I like Ward's in Medford Square better.  Love cherry pie.  That's something I want now.  My hips thank you!  Sounds like you're in for a nice visit.

kar, I think the snuggie is coming along just fine.  I'm sure it will be appreciated.  Love the color you chose.

winter, hope you can relax this weekend.  You've had a busy week with your aunt's funeral, sick son and birthday.  Do something nice for yourself this weekend.

I'm taking it easy this weekend.  Don't really have any plans, and that's great. There's no snow on the sidewalks along the river.  Maybe I'll wander over.  Next weekend we're going to DD's to watch the Superbowl.  My neighbors are coming along.  They offered to do a brisket but DD insisted on providing the food.  We just have to bring desserts. Have a great weekend everybody.

mothermitzi 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks mm.  Sounds like you have been busy.  Glad tech support was able to get you logged back on.  I never shop at TJs. but found out recently that they have sandwiches, etc. for lunches.  Stopped in and I was about to get a salad when I saw a container of Middle Eastern Pasta salad that caught my eye.  It's very good and contains twist pasta, feta, chick peas, some veggies (onion and tomatoes) and lemon oregano vinaigrette.

Looks good Kar, is the opening where the arms are going? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I have lost count on how many times I have stepped on my cats. I had 3 at one point including Amber. The worse I use to do? Tigger loved my screened in deck. I locked him out more times than I can remember.. But I have to admit it was funny when I would open the blinds in the morning and see this big orange mouth yelling at me but I couldn't hear him. If you visualize that it is funny : )

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think I stepped on her paw.  It felt like more than a tail and she howled and I jumped and yelled at her.  She ran down on the cellar stairs and I pushed the door to and made her stay there for 15 minutes.  You'd think it was her fault!  But she scared me and I could have hurt myself too.  She's out from under the covers now, but we haven't really made up yet.

Finally got my pie made, patched crusts and all, and have it in the oven.  Somehow I never have enough piecrust to get even a lattice top pie out of the recipe.  Should double it, I guess, but that seems like a lot to work with.  This one really is a patched up mess with not enough strips across the top, but I'm hoping the taste with overshadow that.

Got a couple of phone calls in and received, so that was good.  Never did get out to the store for milkl, and didn't/won't get a coffee cake made.  Not my day, I guess.  I've been working on the puzzle off and on, the further along I get, of course, the more I get drawn into it.

Hope you are feeling better, Amber, and that you have a good week-end.

Kargive you certainly got a lot done on your crocheting today.  It's beautiful.  Hope you post a finished pic before you bring it to the party.

Everyone have a good week-end.  I think the weather is supposed to be decent.

Tulips, did you get into MSN and try the Mah Jong tiles?  On my listing, it's on the free online, you get 5 set ups you can choose from, and it's #4 on the listing.  Hope you enjoy it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, yes, those are the bottoms of the arm holes, good eye!  Thanks, ladies, I am quite pleased with my progress.  Took Gracie for a walk, though, for an hour and just got back.

But, the father of the birthday girl just called from home (I knew right away that was not a good sign) to say that she has a fever and what seems like the flu so, of course, they were calling to cancel.  Poor thing!  Well, I guess I'll either have mom and toddler over during the day when she's better or I'll meet the father for lunch as soon as it's done.  Bummer, we were looking forward to going tomorrow, and the poor little one with the flu.  :(

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Response to Re: January 2012:
    [QUOTE]Oh, Icer.  Boy, I must have missed a lot yesterday.  Looking at Monday's previews - I don't want Adam to get shot, and neither do I want him to be blamed for the murder of what's her name if she gets shot.  Quite a few plots they have going.  Do you think from today's episode that Genevieve was the one planting the pillows?  I was beginning to think it was what's her name.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]

I missed a lot today,,I had lunchtime deliveries

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's too bad about the little girl.  She's young to have the flu tho, so hopefully it won't be that serious.  They run high fevers when they are little, and then in another day they are fine.

Mercy,mercy, burned the crust around the edge of the pie too!  This pie certainly never was meant to be made.  I need to get more practice in on the piecrusts.  Never have luck when I try the ready made ones and prefer the from scratch, but why I can't make one like my mother did, when I use the same recipe is beyond me.

Thawed out a sausage in sauce and cooked some pasta to have along with a glass of pinot grigio - I deserved that.  Raining hard here again.  Guess I'll clear up the dishes and go in and work on the puzzle some more.  The pressure is off you, Kargiver, but she might make a fast recovery and they decide to get together Sunday.

Hope everyone has a nice week-end.  I know tomorrow will be a good day for me, they are always good company and there are always a lot of laughs, even if they are at my expense!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I can't do a reply to post, Icer, but today Genevieve went to see Victor.  He insisted on meeting with whomever the high bidder on the company was.  He offered her to come in with him and she said she would think about it.  Jack still does not know she is the one who bought the company.  Nutcase went to see Jack and told him she felt they hadn't given themselves an opportunity to see if the old feelings were still there.  He told her he was marrying Genevieve and was very happy.  She held it together until she got outside and the went back to the shed on the ranch and pulled out a gun saying Genevieve would never marry Jack.  Previews of tomorrow show Adam facing  her in the shed and them struggling with the gun.  Also, shows Cain going to Genevive's house and turning around the urn with Samantha's ashes in it, and it has one of the sayings on the pillows that were found.  that's why I wonder if Genevieve planted them or nutcase.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, I will post my no fail pie crust recipe that Pingo used and had her first successful pie crust experience with and her DIL asked for the recipe for.  It's got very detailed instructions. (ETA:  Posted!)

mm, sorry you've also had trouble (with tulips) getting logged in.  Thanks for your encouragement about the snuggie.  I'm kind of relieved I don't have to finish it tonight, although, if pressed, I could have.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Kargiver, tho I hate to give up on the same recipe my mother used to use and turned out beautiful pies!  Hers calls for 2 cups flour and 3/4 cup Crisco, salt and 6 tbsp. ice water.  I did rush it a bit tonight tho and didn't chill the dough after I had mixed it.  Won't be making another pie again for a while, but will keep your recipe handy - just in case cause you never know - as Lorraine LaRoche used to say!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I just got home from the vet. Amber had a seizure. She had one years ago and they did not know why but wanted to run costly tests. She never had another one until today. But this one went on for what seemed like forever.... I grabbed her and ran to my vet who is down the street. I'm sure I looked like a crazy woman. She was fine and over her seizure once I got there of course... but they are suspecting the bleeding wart on the top of her head may be the issue. But surgery to remove it could kill her. I agreed to let her stay the night to be monitored but I am beside myself about the operation. They are willing to do it but with great risk. Without it, she may have more seizures. My heart is broken and I hate she is not with me tonight ... I just need to vent.. thank you my friends for listening.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Amber, I am so sorry.  What a hard decision to have to make.  Do you have enough faith in your vet to go by whatever he says he would do if the dog were his?

Our pets bring us so much pleasure and it's so painful when they're ill and we don't know which way to turn.  At least you know tonight she is being monitored, and is safe.  So good your vet is close by.  Have you called your daughter?  Nothing wrong with getting all the emotional support you can.  I'll say a prayer tonight for you and Amber.  Poor little thing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, I am crying as I write this. I let her stay overnight but regret it but feel like it was the right thing at the time. I miss her already .. I know I can't do the operation.. she is too old.. I have to see what happens. If she has more seizures that impact her quality of life. I will never allow that. I think it just hit me tonight I may have to say goodbye to her. Reality slapped me in the face.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt, DD has a fun night planned. Don't want to ruin that for her. Nothing either of us can do right now. She adores Amber, I bought her after her Dad died, so don't want to alarm her just yet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I think you made the right decision letting her stay.  Care is right there if she should have another seizure.  Can you call in an hour or so and see how she is doing?

I understand your not wanting to tell your daughter tonight.  It's just so hard to go through these things alone.  Don't put yourself through saying goodbye in your mind before the time actually comes.  There may be meds they can give that will  help prevent them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Yes tt, I can call and will. I am extremely sad about Amber but I am realistic. She has been not doing well for a while. She is deaf, blind in one eye and the blue is starting in the other..but her confusion at times is the hardest to bear. I am honestly ok tt.. prepared myself but who really in the end is really prepared? My cousin is coming over so no worries. But I realize how much you all I feel are real friends... thank you for being here for me tt..rt

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am not saying Amber won't come home. My vet is being cautious by keeping her but gave me the "you know she is 14 can't survive surgery, bad arthritis, etc" I felt he was preparing me for the inevitable. Not Saying it is happening now. But an eye opener for me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm glad your cousin is coming over so you won't be alone.  Check in with us in the morning and let us know how she is doing, or later tonight after you've checked with the vet.  You know all us, especially pet owners feel for you, and do know what emotions you are going through

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you tt.. yes I know you all understand. love you for being here tonight when I got home.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Hi amber -

What a tough day you had.  I hope and pray that your precious amber will be ok. tt's right; there may be medication to prevent the seizures.  A friend of mine has a dog, same age as yours, in a similar situation and anti-seizure medicine has helped. Don't second guess your decision to leave her there tonight.  You did the right thing. I will be thinking of you and your amber tonight. Take care.

mothermitzi  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you so much mm,.. cousin couldn't make it tonight. Called and they are saying Amber is resting comfortably. But I am a bit lost right now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Called. Amber had 2 more seizures but they have her on meds and are telling me no seizures since. That is good news. It is late and I know everyone is in bed, but needed to post it.