January 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

Re: January 2012

RT  You can ask for an explanation, it may have been deleted by mistake? It takes them forever to get back to you.  I've had some really benign stuff disappear, I just shrug it off.   PS: Maybe if you posted it in the TV forum it would have worked? Probably a misunderstanding. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've had random, totally innocuous things disappear, too.  I think dog-lady's ideas for contacting BDC are all there is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hoping to see a posting from Amber.  How is Amber doing today?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Boys just left.  Had a delicious meal at SuChang's.  6 items ordered for a smorgasbord of delights.  Cherry pie and vanilla ice cream back here, as well as tastings of magic bars, and homemade fudge.  They went home with remains of all of the above, and their valentine gift bag.  As you guessed, Pingo, tree got taken down and put away, and the tile around my shower recaulked.  All we missed was to stop in Ann and Hope on Route 1 on the way back.  It was further up than I anticipated, so we missed it.  Hoping to find a couple of inexpensive area rugs, one for the l.r. and one for the sunroom.

Thanks, Kar, for the pie crust tips.  They thought the one I made was delicious.  Perhaps we're all too tough on ourselves when we make things. I'll practice with another pie crust before too long, once a year really isn't enough to give me the knack, I guess.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

Wow!

U.S falls to 47th in press freedom rankings after Occupy crackdown

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2091948/U-S-falls-47th-press-freedom-rankings-Occupy-crackdown.html#ixzz1kmqfrPqw

....that explains it! Wink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In Response to Re: January 2012:
    [QUOTE]It was my dad's sister.  But was close to my mom.  
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Winter, please accept my condolences on the death of your Aunt.   I had lots of them growing up, all the family lived on surrounding streets, at times it wasn't too good (someone always knew when you did something you shouldn't have) but it was lots of fun too. My Dad was the youngest of 10 so there were a lot of Aunts. ss

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dog-lady. Show dog-lady's posts

In Response to Re: January 2012:
    [QUOTE]Wow! U.S falls to 47th in press freedom rankings after Occupy crackdown Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2091948/U-S-falls-47th-press-freedom-rankings-Occupy-crackdown.html#ixzz1kmqfrPqw ....that explains it!
    Posted by RogerTaylor[/QUOTE]

RT  Check TMZ the donkey episode might not air after all!  My concern would be for the animals!   Alert PETA!  (I never watch that show anyway...just don't get it)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I hope we hear from Ambergirl soon, too.

tt, I'm sure your crust was as good as everyone said.  And, yes, one pie a year is not enough to really get the ultimate hang of it, imo, and not letting a pie that requires ice water to warm much at all before it goes in the oven is a big part of the flakiness equation.  Whoever came up with the phrase "easy as pie," I'm sure had never made one.  I perfected my pie crust over about a year of making no less than 20 pies of all different types.  I practiced on my friends at work, taking requests, and keeping it quiet (they only make 8 pieces, after all).  It was a secret group of pie critiquing friends, lol.  The post in CC Recipes is the culmination of what I learned that year by trial and error.  I definitely saw marked improvement over the year.

RT, if it was the one about Fear Factor, that was truly gross, but I can't see that it broke the BDC rules for posting.  Like dog-lady said, you can ask about it, but I don't expect you'll get an answer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

hi tt -

I thought Ann & Hope had gone out of business.  I used to go to the one at the Arsenal Mall all the time.  I could always find whatever I needed there.  Might be worth taking a ride up route 1 someday.  

I took a walk along the river today.  I was overdressed and eneded up unzipping my coat.  Didn't even need gloves.  I'm loving the weather.  Hope we don't get socked in Feb and March.  

Chicken breast, couscous and green beans for dinner tonight.  Passed over the hot dogs at the store.  My usual Saturday night fare.  Just didn't appeal this week.  Wish I had some of your cherry pie!

mothermitzi  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Glad you had a stellar day, tt. You must have been sick of looking at your Christmas tree - good they gave you a hand to put it away.
    Recauking your shower? That is a nasty and messy job. Nice to have a handyman in the family.
    Was thinking of you again this evening. I was so happy with all my savings yesterday at S & S. But something kept bugging me. I didn't think I got very much for what I paid. You know the feeling. Normally, I check the receipt at the store before I leave, but yesterday I was tired and still had to go home and make dinner, so - Murphy's Law - I didn't do it.
    This afternoon I took a look at it. She had charged me almost $7 for red onions, I never purchased, charged me for on-the-vine tomatoes instead of plum and for Vidalia onions instead of good old yellow ones.  So I stopped by on my way home, and came home with close to $11. I knew yesterday, she must be new at this job, because I bought a head of green cabbage, and she didn't know, what it was. Imagine that - green cabbage? That again shows, how little training - if any - those cashiers have.
    Came home to my ribs. The house smells divine. Put some rice on, and I am done. Enjoy yours tomorrow. Have a good evening - Pingo

PS. Amber, please check in, if you can. How is Amber doing?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

hi pingo -

I have used the vegetable soup mix for dip, too, but like the leek better.  Tastes great with raw veggies. I think their mixes make good hot soup.  Not too salty and flavorful.  After working all day, I'm not about to make soup from scratch.

mothermitzi  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Hi ladies, I apologize for the delay. My best friend came over today and just left a little while ago. Amber is doing good. I know she is happy to be home. She slept a lot but to be expected. Thank you everyone for the thoughts and prayers... they were answered. I am going to take her for a walk now, I know she will enjoy that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, so glad to see your post and hear Amber is doing good.  I know she must be almost as glad to be home as you are.  Things must be looking a lot brighter for you today.  I'll still keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers.  Your friend -

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Mothermitzi, the Ann & Hope on Route 1 is great.  My cousin said it looks as tho they are extending into part of the Big Lots building.  Unfortunately I didn't take G.T. far enough up on Route 1 North after coming out of Su Changs.  It's on the Southbond side, right after the Chilis.  I've gone in there for curtains many times and always noticed that they had a rug dept. too.  Feel I could have found something there but would need both their manpower and SUV to manage to get one home.  My fault, too bad.

Pingo, good thing you checked your slip.  Those were a lot of mistakes to have on one bill.  I loved this Sat. morning shopping, and may do that again.  For supper wasn't really hungry, so had a couple of spoonfuls of Greek Pesto Salad that I bought again, and a roll up of boiled ham with cheese.  Just all around the tub edge of the shower stall needed to be cleaned out and recaulked and he did it in no time flat.  Looks so much better.  I'd mentioned it many times but he never said anything about doing it for me until he mentioned coming down this week.  I think he had just done one of their bathrooms.

Last night I had tried a piece of the cherry pie and then again today another piece when they were  here, so I had had all I wanted of it.  Same with those magic bars, there were 4 left in the freezer, I think, so sent them along with them.  I still did keep a little of the fudge for myself after giving them their valentine box of it, and that's what I'm having a hard time keeping my hands out of.  Gawd, if they ever told me I couldn't eat sweets, I'd die!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thank you tt..I cherish you as a friend.. she is taking phenobarbitol. Goggled it and can cause liver damage but what choice do I have? She didn't walk too long but happy I got her out. They gave me what looks like an epi pen too. It is an emergency measure. If she has a seizure that lasts longer than 2 minutes I have to inject her as a seizure that long can kill her. But they are pretty sure I won't need it with her on the medication. Happy they are being cautious but pray I never need it. Early bed for me.. having a glass of Pinot Noir and it is delicious.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Has she settled down for the night?  Check in tomorrow and let us know how she's doing.  Sleep tight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

She is eating again. She usually only eats half a can of food a day. I gave her treats but she kept going to her food dish. I fed her since I don't know if she is hungry from the hospital stay or the meds or both. I am surprisingly wide awake. I think I am over tired and finally relaxing..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Skimming past posts and hope to catch up tomorrow. But seeing all the love and prayers for Amber brought tears to my eyes... love you all..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wonderful news, Ambergirl - so glad you had a friend there to help and that she's up and about.  Just about every prescription drug can cause liver damage, honestly.  I'm sure it's the best thing for her.  Best and continued prayers.

~kar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Love to you Kar.. thank you.. she ate an entire can of dog food today. She has never done that before. I think it may be the meds. I have to watch that as I am careful with her weight because of the athritis. Thinking more carrots for treats..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Wonderful news amber.  So glad amber is back at home and you're all sleeping under the same roof.  As it should be!

mothermitzi

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Love and hugs, ambergirl. :)

Yes, that medication can cause her to feel hungrier, unfortunately.  Like you said, carrots are good treats, and Gracie LOVES pumpkin.  As for her regular food goes, just feed Amber what she's always had; don't give her extra just because she will eat it if it's there, now.  We have to tell Gracie "no more" all the time.  She complains but gets over it.

Hope you won't need the "epi" pen, but like the vet said, they'll probably be well under control with the medication.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning, was so nice to wake up with Amber : ) looks like a beautiful day. DD coming over later. Looking forward to seeing her. Told her about Amber and boy did I get a talking to! I have to tell her right away etc. Too funny.. I have been wanting chinese food so instead of cooking may do that instead. Sitting with my cuppa and going to read the paper. Have a wonderful day everyone

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Thanks Kar : ) I won't feed her extra. I know I have to be careful with her weight and I thankfully have been succesful. So far so good this morning. Gave her the meds and will feed her at her regular time. DD is picking up carrots for me on her way over. Just so happy she is home. She gave her mother quite the scare!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Checked in earlier, and am glad now to see a posting from you, Amber and that all is well.  Kar gave you good advice about not overfeeding.  I'm sure it is the meds that are making your little one think she wants more to eat.

I have a funny story to tell about pets - G.T.'s.  They get frequent "treats", and they are kept in a long drawer of a chest in the room where the cats sleep.  When the boys came home the other night the cats were unusually quiet and they went upstairs to check. They found 2 very contented cats, AND the drawer in the chest open with the bags of all the various "treats" on the floor, completely empty!  They swear the 2 of them must have worked together to get that drawer open, because even by constant pawing, one alone never could have done it.  Guess they stayed out a little longer than the cats expected, and they decided to help themselves to their usual treats before settling down for the night!