January 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: January 2012

STOP BOYS!! what are you talking about tt?? They are going crazy for this picture! Our sexy is not theirs I guess. p.s. I think as much as a lady Cheerio is... she has a bit of a vamp in her... she had to know the boys would go nuts. Just saying...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

She is the same size of Boo laying down : ) just adore her...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, well she and I are still on the outs.  She almost tripped me up again today.  I don't know what is the matter with her the last couple of days with her ridiculous behavior.  Tonight I was eating at the TV table in the l.r., and she climbed up on the end table and tried to swipe the chicken leg out of my hand when I was eating.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

checking off for the nights.  "Accidental Tourist" is on Movieplex.  Love that movie with William Hurt,  Kathleen Turner, Geena Davis.  A big part of the story is Edward, a misbehaving dog.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Gracie thinks it's a perfectly pretty picture of Cheerio.  She likes cats.

Enjoy your movie, tt.  We watched a very stupid horror flick that had a completely nonsensical plot and ending that didn't explain anything.  Ugh.  Well, DH and I enjoyed laughing at it's absurdity at least.

G'night,
    ~kar

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, everyone! 

Here I am on Monday morning procrastinating re my chiropractic appointment, again.  I don't get it - I love going, it helps me so much.

Speaking of procrastinating, I intend to finish the snuggie this week and drive it to them along with the cookies (that I haven't made yet).  That is, if it's not too huge.  Maybe I'll take it so she can try it on and go from there.

DH checked on our bees this morning after a friend from work told him his bees are all dead.  They are alive and well!  So, I'll be making up a batch of syrup today to get them through the rest of the winter; it's a new hive so they don't have enough honey to make it.

OK, here I go...see you this afternoon.

~kar

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Crazy big snowflakes flurrying down here.  Looks beautiful, and with the promise of sun at noon, I'm hoping it isn't anything that is going to mount up.  A light dusting already on everything.

Anyone who never saw the original movie, Accidental Tourist, I recommend borrowing the DVD sometime.  Starts out sad and you may think, oh, I don't want to watch this, but the love interest of Geena Davis as the dog trainer, and her asthmatic son, develops into such a sweet story.  Humor too, in the Cleary family and their idiosyncrasies.  I think that movie and Dear Heart with Glenn Ford, both oldies, are two of my favorites.

How are things in the Amber household this morning?  Did you both have a restful night?  I slept like a log with the music from AT playing over and over in the background of my mind.

Wow, how fast these flurries have covered the ground.  Better get around and get dressed in case they develop into enough that I have to move the car.  Haven't heard what's expected.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

We didn't get any snow...but I will not be venturing out today...Honey's got a fever....So..it is a lot of sleeping and rest for him...and I am on soup and cracker detail

I hope Amber has a good day

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning ladies,

The snow was crazy when I got off the train.  Big flakes like tt said. Icer I hope DH feels better.  Lots of stuff going around.  I took a picture of Amber last night when we were going to bed.  She dragged her new toy in my room, so ended up sleeping with that too : )  I left her on the couch this morning and gave her her medication, so hoping all will be well. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Ohhhh, look at that precious baby.  She's so glad to be home on Mom's bed.  Aren't they funny with their toys?  My son's mini doberman lugs her new ones all around too.  Wonder how they know it's a new one as opposed to one of their old ones.  By the smell, I guess.  Glad to hear both Amber's are doing well this morning.

I just had my cereal, now for a cup of coffee and a choc chip.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sorry to hear honey is running a fever.  Might need an antibiotic.  I know there's a lot of bugs going around, but only one I know ran a fever, and that person needed an antibiotic to knock it out of their system.  When a guy agrees to stay home, you know they're sick.  I on the other hand, have to go get just one more cookie to finish off my coffee.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  My weekend was just so busy I never made it one Frown 
    Amber, I am so sorry about Amber.  I almost cried while reading your story.  I'm glad she is doing better.  I love the picture of her with her toy in your bed.  She is very loved and you can tell she knows it in that picture.
    tt, what a great picture of Cheerio.  She is such a flirt. 
    Kar, I think the snuggie is going to be great.  They are big to begin with.  I can wrap mine around my feet while sitting.
    As for the Superbowl.  Last night I invited my brother and SIL (who really gets me riled up) to our house.  I believe they are bringing her 6 year old daughter and mayber her 20 year old son.  I think I'll make American Shop Suey and maybe some meatballs.  Clam dip of course and maybe the Spinach dip.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    What a tease those flurries were. TG! An hour later they are all melted away here. I know how you feel, Kar. I am procrastinating going to my treatment as well. I love to go there, but the commute is getting the best of me. 40 minutes to go and 40 minutes to get back. A huge chunk of the day.
    Sorry to hear DH is not well, Icer. How about good old fashioned home made chicken soup? For both of you, so you don't catch whatever. As much as we love the mild winter, it is really not good for the environment. We do need a period of frost and cold weather to kill off all those germs.
    Good to hear all is well with the two Ambers. She looks very happy and contend lounging on your bed.
    Leaving shortly for my treatment. Will check in with you later. Have a good day all - Pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Good Morning Everyone.  Just catching up on the posts from the weekend.

Amber, I am so sorry for the scare you went through and am happy to hear Amber is doing better on her meds.  She is such a sweet girl with her new toy.  I'm sure the boys will keep an eye on her for you today.  Please know that my heart is with you both.

PC - What fun it'll be to "borrow" your friend's Boxer.  I bet Spence will light up having another pal in the house. 

I know DH misses the snow, but its been so nice to be outside this winter.  I had puppy down the park for a long fetch session yesterday, and he, of course, found some mud puddles to roll in like it was the middle of June.  Except for wearing gloves, I almost couldn't believe it is almost February!  I must have also caught your baking bug this weekend without even being on the boards.  Found myself making brownies and banana bread yesterday afternoon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, we were posting at the same time, so I didn't see your post. Your SB menu sounds great. A 6 year old watching SB? Can't imagine any 6 year old having enough attention span to watch the entire game. Hope she will not be a "pain" for you. Maybe she will just fall asleep. Will your son be there to watch with you? We are just having another couple. That way we all can enjoy watching. I don't like SB parties w/ a lot of people. Half are usually not interested, and there is always a lot of chatting going on, that has nothing to do w/ the game.
    Son in England found a bar nearby that is hosting a SB party - starting at 11:30 pm their time. He is excited, he will be able to watch the game on a large screen. The last game he watched on his computer.  Can't you tell, he is a big fan?
    - Pingo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Nice to hear from you Novem.  I can picture Jax rolling around in the mud.  :) I didn't make this weekend, but I'm in the mood too now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I'm convinced he is part pig.    Read about Yoda getting into your flowers, too.  Looks like the little devil is coming into his own!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Love, love, love to read of these animal's unique personalities.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

He is certaintly is coming into his own.  Since he has given up on wet food now, I'm giving him better dry food (Blue Buffalo) the little piglet wants more than the recommended serving (a 1/2 cup a day).  He tried begging for more yesterday and seemed ticked off when I wouldn't go to the cabinet and get some.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

That is really funny Winter.  Yoda has def made himself at home!  Too cute!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Watch out, Winter, or he'll pull G.T.'s cats trick, and find a way of opening the cabinet himself!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Ok I haven't posted pics of Yoda in a while.  But just so you see how big he's getting.  Here he is in his bed.

Here is the king of the castle.

Here he is looking out the window at about 10pm.  Not sure what he sees out there. I must say I love the TAIL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Wow!  He has gotten big!  Great pictures and I love the tail too : )  So adorable..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

He's grown so!  Speaks to the great care you're giving him.  He's got a really long tail too.  Love the one of him on the Red Sox blanket, really shows his length and his beauty.  Aren't you glad you adopted him?  All he needed was a little (well, maybe a lot) of TLC.  Has he jumped into your lap yet?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

No jumping on my lap or anyone else's.  In fact he will jump off that ottoman if you walk by him.  I keep talking to him and he does come to my hand, but won't let me pet him.  But he does look happy and that's all that matters.  I'm glad he chose us. :)