January 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: January 2012

I was so excited to see how light it was when I left at 5 tonight.  What a nice mild winter. I'll be perfectly fine if we don't get anymore snow.  I'm so not a winter girl.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

In Response to Re: January 2012:
    [QUOTE]I was so excited to see how light it was when I left at 5 tonight.  What a nice mild winter. I'll be perfectly fine if we don't get anymore snow.  I'm so not a winter girl.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

Ahhh but you are.a...Winterbride...I could not resist...
    Yup Honey went to work...I am all about germ removal today...oh ya...and I have to do some work...

Is it snowing for you all? we aren't getting any...and just like our buddy Winter...I am o.k with that

My big struggle is our taxes...I hate doing them...but I get them done...I just hate doing them

TT...I will be watching at lunchtime...just in case we need to discuss anything

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning,

Missed a lot yesterday - LOVED the kitty photos, I enjoy having cats vicariously through you ladies. :)  Yoda has grown tremendously and those fears of the early days are a obviously a distant memory.  Yay!

I had a busy day yesterday.  Chiropractor, Trader Joe's, took Gracie to the dog wash (she smells like green tea/mint shampoo and is jet black, so shiney, and impossibly soft), got a couple of calls, and then ran out to take Gracie for a walk before the sun set.  Came home from that and literally RAN around the house doing the daily chores.  Didn't quite get dinner ready before DH came home, but he took Gracie out to play while I finished.  Indeed, it's a beautiful thing that it's light at 5:00 these days!  The Sam Adams commercial about their Spring beer is encouraging, too, and my does that sound tasty.  Spring must really be around the corner.  I'm not a snow girl, either, especially since having gotten a dog who requires my spending considerable time outside every day no matter what the weather or snow cover.

I got some YakTraks for my hiking boots yesterday on sale, and I was literally able to run down the trail that I was hanging on to trees to navigate previously.  I got them in anticipation of my hike on Sunday with the friend coming out to visit, but I'm wondering why I never considered them before.  They aren't so great on pavement, but for what they are designed for they ROCK.

Gotta check on Gracie; she's out with her boyfriend, and the dusting of snow we got last night made the yard very slippery where there's packed snow/ice.

Have a great day, everyone,
    ~kar

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Glad to see any snow, flurries or otherwise, have missed us. Will be going out this morning, but definitely home to see Y&R.  I'm sure there will be plots and subplots for us to discuss, Icer.  No rumours floating around of killing off the main characters, I hope.  I keep my fingers crossed that that soap survives. 

Handsome Harry turned up his nose at smelly fish f.f. this morning, and having read a posting on the pets about cats not eating if they can't smell their food, (meaning they are sick) has me worried.  Will have to check with Cat Lady down the street later today and see if he is eating for her.  I'm hoping he is just a finicky eater who makes the rounds until he finds something to his liking.

All my new channels to watch last night, and couldn't find anything to settle down with.  Guess it's still hit or miss, just like when I had the fewer channels.  

Amber, how was Amber when you got home yesterday?  Hope everything continues to be under control.  She's such a sweetie.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning everyone,

Loving this snowless winter too.  I despise commuting in it and then shoveling. Yuck.  I will feel different when I retire I'm sure as I do enjoy a nice storm if I am home.  Came home last night and Amber had an accident.  First time for her so I am sure it is the meds.  I put down newspaper this morning for her to let her know it is ok.  I tried the pee pads a while ago since she was getting older, but she is not interested in them.  Hopefully she will go on the newspaper.  Other than that, she is doing good.  Just grateful to have her around and she is a sweetie tt : )  Just the most loving dog. Hoping today goes by fast, just not in the mood to work today.  I hope everyone has a good one! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ambergirl, I expected when you said she was drinking a lot more that she'd start having accidents but didn't say anything; I didn't want to make you feel even worse by my prediction.  But, all that to say, it's completely reasonable given how much she's drinking that she can't hold it all day.  She must have felt bad about it...so sorry.

tt, I'm sure HH was already fed, not to worry.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  Amber, you are so sweet to put the newspaper down for her.  I'm sure she felt terrible about the accident.  Yes Icer, I am a winter bride. Really because I was tying to be to take a honeymoon while my son didn't have school and his father could take time off.  I prayed last year not to get snow that weekend, and I beleive it was one of the few that didn't get snow.  :) I have a new cut photo of Yoda, I'll get it posted this morning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I did expect an accident as she has been going out more frequently when I am home.  She is very routined and I hope it didn't bother her : (  I am hoping my putting down the newspaper and not saying anything when I got home and was cleaning it up, will reasurre her i am not mad about it. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Dogs are so fastidious, poor Amber.  They do feel ashamed when they have an accident.  You're a good, kind Mom.

I am worried about Handsome.  I knew about cats not eating if they couldn't smell their food, but had forgotten all about that, since it's been years since I've had a cat that didn't eat - for any reason.  As long as he's eating down the street, I'll feel OK, but want to alert her to keep an extra eye (that third one!) on him too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Amber knows you weren't mad.

tt, I know you'll worry, I'm just saying at least there is a really good possibility that he was already fed, that's all.  Let us know. :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Here he is, where he really isn't supposed to be. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I agree with you being worried tt.  That was one of the signs that my Maggie was sick.  She stopped eating and when I took her to the vet she has already lost 3 pounds which is huge for a cat.  They have to eat to survive.  I hope he is ok too... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Poor Amber.  I'm sure she knows you're not mad.  You are a good mom.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

I am cracking up with that picture of Yoda!! He is looking at you like he is saying "oh shoot, she caught me!" 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

That's exactly what he looks like he's saying..lol.  :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Love that pic of Yoda.  To me the caption would be, "Run that finger along the top of the chair just one more time - - -"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You are so funny tt!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

too funny tt. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Your captions are as creative as your poems, tt - you have a gift!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

[QUOTE]I love doing them, always have.  It's like a browsing in a book store - an hour can go by without my even realizing it. Got a couple more of those chicken legs in the oven for supper.  Boy, for someone who claimed not to like any part of the chicken except the breast - I'm sure enjoying these!  Glad now I bought the family size pkg.
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]
    tt, we have something else in common, I just love browsing in book stores, whenever I go into a store thats the first place I head, the book section....love doing puzzles too  Don't know what happened, but here I am again...don't they get tired of kicking us off and then on again....?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Cute picture of Yoda getting caught on the chair. We can try to train our pets all we want, but I have always wondered, what they are doing, while we are not around. Just like we did, when we were kids and our parents were not watching. lOL
    Sorry to hear Amber had an accident, but with the increased thirst, it should be expected. Poor Amber, she must have felt so bad. Sweeet of you, to invite her to go indoor by putting down a newspaper.
    Glad Honey is feeling better. I am sure it is from all your TLC, Icer. That and staying at home for a day. My treatment lady's husband was at home sick yesterday too and she was coughing up a storm. I am supposed to go tmw. but I am going to call and postpone it to Thursday. I don't need to drive all the way up to Lowell to catch some unknown to me germs. I have boosted my standard prevention cold regime since yesterday. Tonight I will pick up a whole chicken and make chicken soup. I am out of what I had in the freezer.
    Like your lie, tt. Makes the room look springy. I spy your hat calendar too. Wish it was mine. I am wondering if there is a saying going with the hats?  My hyacinths are just starting to peek out. I always buy them as small as I possibly can get. They grow soon enough. Love the smell.
    Back to work - enough to do. - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, Tulips, I play the online game on MSN, so many different varieties now, but I like the simplest, first, MahJong Tiles.  I don't know how to play the regular Mah Jong, with other people, do you?  Keep saying I'm going to check with the sr. center and see if they play it there, or have sit ins where you can sit and watch and learn.  I think I've only been in our sr. center twice, and that was to drop off things for their fall fairs - which I don't go to.  People there look and seem so much older than me - the joy of denial, huh?
    Posted by toytrumpet[/QUOTE]   tt, found something else, Mahjong on the computer is one of my favorites, I don't like playing with others, I like it alone. Altho I'll be 75 yrs young this year, the Srs. at my center all seem much older than I, when they see me coming they'll say "Here comes the baby".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, Pingo, that's the hat calendar.  There is a daily saying, quote from people, but the quotes aren't that good.  Today's for ex is:  A man has reached middle age when he is warned to slow down by his doctor instead of the police - Henny Youngman

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Glad you were able to get on this morning, ss.  I still cannot reply to a post, when I hit that button it wants me to relogin and when I do, they don't know me.  As long as I just scroll down to the empty box, I can post.  Craziness.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just spoke to the cat lady and she says unless she feeds Handsome Harry the gourmet cans of cat food, he's apt to turn up his nose.  She has seen him eating, and feeds him 4-5 times a week, so I guess not to worry.  I passed my concerns and why, along to her, because as I told her, "worry loves company".

ETA:  I know the saying is "misery etc." but in this case, it's my "worry" that wants company!

Sections
Shortcuts