January 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Re: January 2012

Good to hear tt..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good news, tt.  HH has it pretty good for a stray!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Glad HH is ok tt.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

What a finicky cat, that HH is. Here he gets free meals, and he has the guts to turn up his nose. I am more and more convinced, he belongs to someone. But it is good, that you don't have to worry now. - Pingo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer - what did you think?  For such an emotion packed episode, I think they could have done a lot better.  I could actually sit working on the puzzle while it was on.  And, what is with that nephew that found Patti?  What is his goal in all this?  Hope you can watch it tomorrow and put on a synopsis - I will be out for the day.  I know they won't let Jack die - will they?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

tt, I started writing to Confidential Chat in 1958....When I had my fourth girl I said the same thing you did, I already have three at home!! Fella finished up in the basement, finally have heat down there again, he was here 2 days, and his price was right on the money, only $10 over what he quoted.....
    Kar, Where do you store all your vegetables?  Do you have an outdoor storage shed for them?  I could eat a plate of fresh veggies for supper every day, I just
    love them. ss

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Wanted to tell everyone to have a good night.  I have a work reception tonight that I planned so I have to head out to set, etc.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good luck Winter. I'm sure you will do a great job : )

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

I can watch tomorow..as far as I know...today...I was on the phone with a client almost the whole hour,,i was being very patient

On another completely unrelated topic...Do any of you remmber that boy,,the lifeguard ...Honey was putting in an elevator ect....Yesterday he stood for 25 minutes...He did not rise to standing on his own...but I guess the point is...in July he was completly paralized...and yestetrday he stood for 25 minutes ...I was just so elated...I had to come in and share

SS...That lemonade statement was one of my Grandmother's favorite sayings

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

What wonderful news Icer! I pray for his continued recovery...  the human spirit is an amazing thing...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Icer, what wonderful news. Imagine that. Such a quick partial recovery - considering. I hope he will continue to get stronger and that he will be able to get up by himself and walk. My prayers are with him.
    Icer, interesting. This is one of the research subjects our son is working on. To get the humanoid robot get up from a sitting position. They have the robots walking at present, but if you notice, they can't bend. If they do, they just fall over. He is about 80% successful. !00% and it will be a fantastic help for lots of people, who have lost their ability to use their legs. Of course it will take a long time, before we see  results. A prototype has to be designed and changed several times - and it has to be tried on real patients. But at least it is going in the right direction.
     - Pingo

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

In Response to Re: January 2012:
    I can watch tomorow..as far as I know...today...I was on the phone with a client almost the whole hour,,i was being very patient On another completely unrelated topic...Do any of you remmber that boy,,the lifeguard ...Honey was putting in an elevator ect....Yesterday he stood for 25 minutes...He did not rise to standing on his own...but I guess the point is...in July he was completly paralized...and yestetrday he stood for 25 minutes ...I was just so elated...I had to come in and share SS...That lemonade statement was one of my Grandmother's favorite sayings
    Posted by icer

Icer, how wonderful, to be able to stand at all after being paralyzed!!  How lucky we are, most of us don't realize it tho.  When my oldest daughter needed a quote for under her photo in her yearbook, she used that one....another favoeitw of mine is, "If you can't have what you want, make yourself happy with what you have". ss

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

As to the quote your DD like, SS -
    Or, as a placque I have says, "Bloom where you are planted".

Wonderful news about that young man, Icer.  Remarkable how the young body can heal and relearn what it needs to know.

Went out for a bit.  Finally got my haircut, that I had kidded myself into thinking didn't need one just yet!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

So, this is sort of a vent, but also sort of looking for advice. And, since you are all so smart with advice, I thought I would give it a try.

There are two girls whom I still stay in contact with from high school. We aren't the best of friends, but we are very friendly when we do see each other, and I did invite them to my wedding (they came), and I have invited them to several get togethers at my house. Well, my friend (also from HS) told me today that she is going to a party at their apt. this weekend. I was a little taken aback from this information. This is the like the 4th thing that have had where they don't even think to invite me. Maybe it just stings a little because I always went out of my way to include them in my things, and they have never returned the offer. Am I being silly by being hurt a little by this, or should I just get over it and not let it bother me? Also, I told my other friend to please stop telling me when they have events that I am not invited to.

Advice? I know this sounds ridiculously childish and like high school...sigh. Do women EVER change, or is there always a bit of cattiness...??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Are they also married?  If not, it may be that they are not having a "couples" party, instead having young singles.  Not saying it's a good excuse for them to exclude you, but it might explain why.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

They are both single, but my friend who was also invited is married and pregnant and many of their other friends are married or engaged. I don't know, maybe I am thinking too much into this. I just get really hurt when I am left out, always have felt that way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I guess the answer would be that they feel they are closer friends with your girlfriend.  I assume her husband is going too?  No clear cut answer, but I agree with asking your invited girlfriend not to tell you of other things she's invited to - that it really hurts you that you are excluded and don't know why.  As for future get togethers you have, they would not be included if it were me.  Their perception of the closeness of your friendship seems not to be as strong as yours.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Icer, what encouraging news for that young man!

ss, we have a full refridgerator only (no freezer section) and a full upright freezer in the basement for the veggies.  And, we store the squash in the basement on the floor when it get cool enough.

Liz, I can understand your hurt.  However, you say that you are not great friends, but are friendly.  You chose to deal with that "friendly" relationship by inviting them to things.  They probably do not invite anyone they are merely "friendly" with, just very close friends.  That's how I am - I like small gatherings with very close friends, not everyone I know and like.  Inviting people to things is like getting random gifts.  If you want to do it, great, but hopefully you wouldn't expect reciprocity.  It might be the same kind of thing in this case.  They appreciate that you want to invite them, but don't see your relationship as close enough to be included in all their events.  My 40th birthday party was like that; there were lots of people I could have invited and had invited me to things before, but I wanted it very small so we could keep it to one conversation around one intimate table.  That meant not everyone I'm friendly with got invited.  Nothing against them and it's not that I didn't appreciate being invited to some of their things.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I understand where you are both coming from, I really do. I just think I am different in that I always go out of my way to make sure everyone is included. But I can understand that not everyone is like that. And yes, TT, for the future I will not be extending an invite to them, and not to be harsh or to get back at them, but because I should just except that we are just acquaintances.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Exactly, Liz.  You have thought of your friendship as a closer one than they do.  It happens.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Liz, I can certainly understand, you are hurt. You have gotten good advice already from other posters - take it. Let those friends loose, and concentrate on the friends that are your real friends. You know, who they are.
    I had it happen to me. I had a hard time to understand, that these people could come here time after time to dine and wine and have a good time, but never invited DH and I back. They would call and say, "Oh, we haven't seen you in a long time, we should get together". Yeah, right! They expected my to tell them to come on over, which I normally did. I finally grew up, and learned. Now it is 3 strikes and you are out. They still call once in a while, but I keep quiet. We have exchanged Christmas and birthday cards, but that is about as far as our relations go these days. We didn't hear from some of them this Christmas, and if I don't hear from them on my birthday, that will be the end of the cards as well.
    I feel a lot happier without them - Pingo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

In Response to Re: January 2012:
    They are both single, but my friend who was also invited is married and pregnant and many of their other friends are married or engaged. I don't know, maybe I am thinking too much into this. I just get really hurt when I am left out, always have felt that way.
    Posted by lizinboston

Don't subjugate your feelings, you're entitled to feel hurt.

Sections
Shortcuts