January 2012

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: January 2012

Thanks, tt!  I can't wait.  Enjoy running your errands in the warmer weather.  

I cannot believe I didn't have to report a weight gain given this week's indulgences, but maybe my 4 mile walk (I've read that should burn about 300 calories) has helped control the damage.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In Response to Re: January 2012:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, tt!  I can't wait.  Enjoy running your errands in the warmer weather.   I cannot believe I didn't have to report a weight gain given this week's indulgences, but maybe my 4 mile walk (I've read that should burn about 300 calories) has helped control the damage.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

How is Gracie doing with that long a hike twice a day? (one day I think you and she walked that far twice, if I read correctly).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good morning everyone,

RT, those were a riot!  Kar, have fun today and thankfully it is not as cold as yesterday.  SS, Bakers Chocolate is now condominiums I believe.  I remember DH saying he wished we could have afforded one when they were being built.  I love chocolate and all kinds of sweets.  The weird thing is I never did until I hit my 40's.  Anyone else have that happen to them?  Tulips, I am excited over a new pork chop recipe too.  I love pork chops but usually fry them or have smothered pork chops.  Only 2 recipes I know.  I feel better today.  I think it will be a while for this cough to go away, but that's ok.  My friend called last night and now I am excited for the weekend.  Should be a lot of fun.  I hope everyone has a great day!
    tt, what's for breakfast?  I'm hungry this morning, which must mean I am feeling better since I haven't had much of an appetite.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just saw a walker go by - LOL - if I didn't know better, it could have been you, Kar, all bundled up!  Guess the temps aren't that much warmer yet this morning.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Glad to hear you're seeing improvement, Amber.  Ah, breakfast, I had all good intentions of making oatmeal and a piece of toast, but ended up with a fast bowl of frosted corn flakes and then a cup of coffee with a Little Debbie choc thing.  Blame it on SS with all her talk of her mother and the chocolate factory!  Bad girl, SS, bad, bad.  And, btw, yes, she's right, she is not fat in the least, a pint of peanuts, in fact.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ambergirl, appetite is a great sign!  Maybe you're avoiding the bronchitis plunge, after all.  Praying that is the case.

tt, Gracie loves our walks - when I grab her walking collar and it jingles she goes bananas.  I haven't done the whole 4 miles twice, but I have taken her on a jaunt of it twice in one day, probably totalling 4 miles.  She does great with them and always hesitates to turn around toward home and then again at the driveway as if to say, "Please, Mommy, can we keep going?"  DH takes her about 7 miles both Saturday and Sunday in the woods.  She's in great shape, and her surgery leg is completely healed.  I, on the other hand, have a hip problem, and 4 miles with hills is my max.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Although warmer this morning I feel colder!
    Hate the cold.
    Also had to swing by dealership last night and ask to put air in tires.  We have a garage at home so it is not as cold as parking outside so when there is a drastic drop it sucks the air right out of the tires. 
    I received the nook tablet for xmas and LOVE it!
    I wish I didn't have to work so I could just read.  I have downloaded a bunch of free books from B&N and have a library card with my local town and Boston Public Library.  They let you "lend" ebooks even though you are not a resident.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone.  RT, some of those were very funny.  Tulips enjoy the pork recipe I posted.  It's become one of my favorites.  Kar, enjoy your lunch.  tt, I'm about to have a bowl of Special K.  So I was talking to Yoda last night and I snapped one of the best pics yet.  Here it is.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Oh Winter, do you see how adoring he is looking at you?  His eyes are so exressive....  adorable......  Is he double pawed?  Or maybe just a sign he will be a big cat?  My Tigger is double pawed.  I call them lion paws : )

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Winter, what a great shot!  Looks like a calendar pose!  He is such a handsome little guy, and you can see in the pics he definitely is growing and has filled out since you first got him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Amber, is your avatar a new pic of Amber and one of the guys?  Don't remember seeing that one before.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, what a pose, indeed, and such a pretty subject!  He looks happy and healthy, Winter, what a relief after those first few weeks.

OK, signing off 'til after my big trip East!  Hopefully, I won't undo my 1.8 lb success of the week in one day.

Have a great day, everyone,
    ~kar

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Yes, I forgot I had it.  Not a great one, but from last year.  It is Amber and Boo looking out the door : )

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It is a good picture, just wish it were closer up of Amber.  Well, I've got to get myself up off this chair and get moving.  Grey sky here, so I'm wondering if rain is expected.  Watching walkers going by and they're all bundled up still with scarves pulled up around their mouths/noses.  I'll hang around until 11 and then give myself an hour and a half (we all know why the time frame!) to get out and hit 5 places.  Each one shouldn't take too long.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Amber he is not double pawed (at least I don't think) but I've read that Russian Blues can get big.  I couldn't believe that he was looking at me like that.  I guess I'm more then the nice lady who fills the bowls.  :)  tt, yes he looks much more filled out than when we got him.  

DH was cute last night I came home and he said look the cat will come to me but I he won't let me pet him. I said ok, he's been doing that to me for weeks.  :)  Cat food choice number 2 was a BIG hit last night.  Of course it was stinky and odd looking but he loved it.  It was salmon and oceanfish, Nature's Choice Brand.  Not sure how number 3 went today. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

You are mom Winter... : )

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You know, Winter, that's one of the things I love about cats, their independence. They'll come to you, let you pat or hold them - BUT - only when they're good and ready.  Just be patient.  You've done a great job with him so far, and you'll get there.  He may never be a lap cat or cuddly one per se, but that's just his own personality.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Good point tt. Tigger is the most loving cat I have ever had. You look at him and he purrs. I can actually hug and give him kisses. When DD comes over Tig actually runs to her talking and going crazy until she pats him. Boo yawns and walks away : ) and usually runs away from me too. But when he wants affection he is all over me. 2 very different personalities.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning all,
    Have a great trip out East, Kar. I am not into chocolate, but I loved your post, Amber. And RT, I had a good chuckle reading yours - will forward it to friends.
    That pork recipe sounds delicious. Slow cooked pork chops. Wondering if I could use my crock pot.
    I got a pressure cooker for Christmas. Going to use it tonight with lamb shanks - using a recipe from the recipe booklet that came with it. Anyone have any good pressure cooker recipes? I never wanted one. My mother once had an accident with hers. She was cooking red cabbage, and we ended up having red cabbage all over the kitchen - including the ceiling. My father was not happy - the least. It was quite a job, to get rid of all that red color - everywhere. The newer ones have a lot of safety features, so I am going to give it a try. It is electric, so the heat is self adjusting.
    Have an appointment this morning, so I am off the computer. Chat later - Pingo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

My son has finally figured it out.  Yoda came out while he was in the room and didn't run away.  He said mom maybe you were right and if I leave him around he'll like me.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, I'm not sure it would work in the crock pot, they only cook for a little over an hour, but they are well worth it. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

Being resued he is probably more skittish. Once the trust is there, and looking like it is, he will approach you more. I see a big improvement from when you got him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

So do I.  :)  He even mowed to me last night while I was calling him a pretty kitty.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I've seen on the animal shows too, that they advise you being down on their level, not looking down at them.  Say for instance, that your son was sitting down on the floor reading or playing with a cat toy, Yoda might feel more comfortable coming over to him.

On my way, earlier than I thought.

ETA:  Just saw where he talked to you - that's a wonderful sign.  Answer him back with a "Hmmmmmm?" and you'll be surprised how long the conversation can be kept going.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ambergirl. Show ambergirl's posts

tt is right.  I love when my cats talk to me and yes, they will keep going if you do.  So cute.  I also now recognize the different meows.  The I'm hungry versus the pay attention to me etc.