January 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

January 2013

Wishing you all a very happy and healthy New Year. Thanks for all the great posts, that has travelled back and forth in the year that is just behind us. Good things and bad things, doesn't matter. We are here to share. 
    Hoping the new year will be a fruitful year for everyone.
    Peace and blessings - Pingo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Re: January 2013

Exactly Pingo, All the best to all. b.g.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Happy New Year!  BG when does DD return from Ireland?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Happy New Years! I would still be asleep but Stitches thought otherwise. If he's awake everybody has to be awake! D.D. will be home next week, can't wait! bg

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Happy New Year!  I was more than mad at Cheerio this morning - shades of Stitches - when she's ready to be fed, everything on the bureaus gets knocked off - piece by piece - checking after each push off the bureau, to see if I'm paying attention and throwing back the covers!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Happy New Year!  Had a nice quiet evening last night.  DH, MIL and I had Chinese food, then DH and I played some cards.  Perfect, quiet evening!

Not sure what is up today.  Trying not to think about tomorrow - having a tooth pulled - yuck!

Stay warm everyone!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Happy New Year ad good morning everyone. I had chinese food last night then DH and I saw the movie Lincoln. It was very good. DS comes home at 11:30 and we will work on his project of making the life sized figure. We found clothes for it and DH bought some word to make a stand for it. Having trouble coming up with a head though. Any ideas? I thought one of those styrofoam circles but they are either too big or too small.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy New Year, everyone!

getting ready for a noonish arrival of SIL's family.

have a great day, friends. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Happy New Year ad good morning everyone. I had chinese food last night then DH and I saw the movie Lincoln. It was very good. DS comes home at 11:30 and we will work on his project of making the life sized figure. We found clothes for it and DH bought some word to make a stand for it. Having trouble coming up with a head though. Any ideas? I thought one of those styrofoam circles but they are either too big or too small.

Don't know what the rest of the figure iis made out of, but how would a nylon stuffed with and old towel into a head shape form, and paint the face on?  Or you could glue paper/cardboard eyes, nose and mouth on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

The rest of the figure is just us stuffing the clothes with the white fluffy stuff CTS sells as snow. We bought three bags of it. tt, that's a good idea. We have a civil war hat to put on him and need to get some yarn for the hair. DS and DH are going to make a wood base and then an attached pece of wood so he can stand. CTS also had a drum basket and we think we can make it work.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You've gone to a lot of work with that, and he should get a good grade.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We haven't started yet. I finally found boots at the Salvation Army store for him. i'll get photos and hopefully at some point we can post again. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Won't that be great when we can?  Got a new camera for Christmas because my old one had that delay that drove me crazy.  Told them no hurry getting battery charged and in for me, because I hadn't been taking pics since we can no longer post on boards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    We had the best New Years Eve. Just the 5 of us. Found oysters at Seawitch, so DS was shucking away. The lobsters were fantastic; so tender and sweet. And DIL loves steamers, so we had some of those too. We ate late and played games after dinner until 12 o'clock, when we popped a bottle of champagne.
    I went for a good size afternoon nap, or I would never have been able to stay up. Everyone, included the young decided, it could't have been a better evening.
    This morning we are going for Dim Sum. Don't know, what is on the agenda for the rest of the day. Probably some packing, as the TX people are leaving tomorrow :( UK son will be here until Friday :) If I have to cook, I wil do something with the leftover ham.

Winter, can't you just use a good old ball? They come in all sizes. Impressive, he is already done with the writing part, and it seems he will be well on his way with the "person" today. Rooting for a good grade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tulips1954. Show tulips1954's posts

Happy and Healthy New Year to all.

So glad Amber will  continue to get unemployment, but hopefully for not too long--I hope she gets a new job !!

Fun project, Winter- lots of effort going into it.

Went to bed at 9:30, and  read, and even though I was awake with TV on, I did not even hear the commotion at the new year! Stayed reading until about 1:30!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo sounds like you had a great NYE. We've looked at balls and they are either to big or to small. That was my first thought to use. Figure is supposed to be life size and his character is a 10-year old boy, about 4 feet 8 inches.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sounds like a nice family New years eve celebration, Pingo.  You've really packed a lot into your sons visits.  So good they were both able to be home for the holidays.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastsgirl. Show beastsgirl's posts

Happy New Year everyone again! Winter, when D.D. gets back home, we have to finish a science project due soon. Believe me when I say I am a kind, loving,would give the shirt off my back to anyone, but whoever decided science projects were a great idea... (Keep this between us, but even the teacher said it was lame, but mandatory) It's also not an inexpensive project. Anyone want a bunch of magnets in Feb.? t.t.,Cheerio and Stitches are totally on the same page as far as "Oh, Good morning! That lovely lamp and book on your night table? WAKE UP AND FEED ME" Of course he and D.H. are sound asleep now.bg

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I know, bg, you wonder where the cats learn these things!

Winter, just threw your banana bread complete with choc bits, in the oven.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Made steak and cheese subs for lunch since DS wasn't with us the other day when we made them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'll be having roast beef for supper - probably make some mashed potatoes and carrots to go with - son brought over 4 lucious slices of roast he cooked Sunday.

Love your banana bread.  Just had a second thin slice with peppermint tea.  Has nuts and choc chips in it.  I think it's probably the easiest and fastest banana bread recipe I've tried, and yet the tastiest.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks. I'd love some but no bananas. So I went into the basement to see if I could find a head. I found a medium sized bleach bottle I think could work. We'll see. I have a nylon so I'm going to try the towel in it as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

When does this project have to turned in?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

It's due the 9th. The book and written part had to be done before they could start on their figure. The boys are building a frame for him out of wood. They are going to snail the shoes to the frame so it can stand.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

A family project!

Sections
Shortcuts