January 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: January 2013

Pretty much. I've had him cut the pants and shirt arms to length and he helped with the wood.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

And, he's learning how to put this project together.  I think it's great that your DH is taking such an active part in it too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes it is. I'm glad he's handy. fig for hands we are using latex gloves stuffed and covered with a nylon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Just cooked up a potato and had the roast beef my son brought over.  So tender and good, rare and done just right for me.  Can't remember the last time I cooked a roast for myself.  Just leaves too many leftovers, no matter how small a cut you get.

Probably won't be on the rest of the night.  Scarey temps for morning I guess, single digits.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Your dinner sounds lovely. I'm making my slow cooked pork chops over egg noodles.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I.....am.....sooooooooooooooo....STUFFED!!!!!  SIL and fam just left, and I ate enough for a week.  We had prime rib, turkey, mashed potato, stuffing, sautéed mushrooms, au jus, horseradish sauce (creamy garlic and dill recipe from allrepices.com), champagne, and then my apple pie for dessert along with her raspberry filling cupcakes with cream cheese frosting they made.  O. M. G.  Everything was awesome.  Just entered the damage into loseit and what damage it was, lol.  Oh, we'll, it's early enough in the week that I can make up for it.  It was worth it!!!  

Food coma....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Glad your dinner was a success. How is BIL's dog? My pork chops were very good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks - it really was phenomenal if I do say so.  He's not good at all, Winter, thanks for asking, though. He's still partially paralyzed.  SIL brought her dog over, and everything was fine.  It was a freak accident we'll all have to deal with forever.  I was thinking about it this morning and ended up having to take a Dramamine and coke to avert a migraine before anyone arrived...thankfully it worked.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm sorry about the dog. Sorry you almost got a migraine. What kind of dog does SIL have?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

It's not about the breed of dog, it's about "dog to dog food aggression".

I would be careful and wouldn't assume it can't happen again...even the smell of food can trigger an argument between dogs, just saying.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone on this cold and wintery day. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Heard one of the news casters say last night she was going to have a new battery put in her car - just in case.  I think it's tomorrow that the digits are in the single numbers when we get up.  Then, a beautiful heat wave for 4-5 days.  Those are the days I'll get out.  Feel as tho I just want to sit in the sun and soak it up.

What a wonderful meal you put on , Kargiver.  My gosh, that sounds so good.  Is that the end of your holiday entertaining now?  They'll want to come back next year, for sure!  Glad you were able to divert the migraine.

DIL did go to the ER Monday with her cold and trouble breathing.  They did chest x-rays, more to be sure it wasn't a clot.  She is a cancer survivor and apparently sometimes the meds she is on after that have caused clots.  Thank God, nothing there, and they put her on prednisone and another antibiotic.  She sounded so much better yesterday, and was already itching to get back to work.  Not one to relax at home for any length of time.  So glad she listened to me and went when she did.

Thinking oatmeal this morning to start the day.  Tossing the pineapple scones because I'm really not enjoying them, and why put calories on from something that doesn't taste scrumptious.

Pingo, does one of your boys leave today?  You've given them such a wonderful visit, I'm sure he hates to leave as much as you do to see him go.  Nice memories you create for them, Pingo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Winter...it's been so stressful.  Thankfully, the Dramamine and Coke did the trick yesterday, and we all had a wonderful time.  SIL has a Bichon Frise, a little white puffball of adorableness.  The biggest "problem" was that he was taunting Gracie to play and chase him, a no-no in the house, lol.  SIL put his leash on to deter that and all was well.

Another successful big holiday spread, and this time we all got to sit down and enjoy it.  18 lb turkey, 6 lb boneless rib roast, turkey gravy (didn't end up making it ahead), horseradish sauce (creamy garlic dill from allrecipes.com), mashed potatoes, stuffing, sautéed mixed mushrooms, au jus.  I made apple pie and whipped cream, and SIL brought cupcakes.  YUM!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Whoops, can't edit to not regale you twice with our meal, sorry!

poor DIL, having to go to the ER, but glad she's so much better already and nothing major was wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, glad your DIL went to checked out just to be sure all was well. Glad she is on the mend. I'm having oatmeal this morning. Apple and Cinnamon. Kar, I think my brother has that type of dog. All I know is he looks smaller then Yoda.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Happy New Year!  Glad to hear you all enjoyed your celebrations.  We had a quiet night - Chinese for dinner after DD went to sleep, turned in early, and out to breakfast yesterday.  Then I went to see the LEs Mis movie with my Mom yesterday. 

Its going to be an exciting year filled with all of DD's "firsts". 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

How did you like the movie Novem? I had a problem with Russell Crowe, as posted earlier. Did you notice the changes?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

We just went through the year of "firsts" with pumpkin, Novembride, and it is an exciting time.  You'll be amazed when you look back on it and see how many things she has mastered.  Enjoy.  Altho I know you've heard it many times before, "they grow so fast".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Tell me about growing so fast, 2013 is the year my DS becomes a teenager...granted I have 9 months, but still. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

I have seen the play 6 times, so I definitely noticed the changes, but still enjoyed the movie.  The changed lyrics irked me more then the little story changes.  I was not at all disappointed though - and was really really impressed by both Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway.  Do you know if Jackman was trained/experienced in theather?  It seemed so.

TT they do grow way too fast.  Its hard for me sometimes to even accept when she moves into the next size of clothes.  I think "that's to big", but then low and behold, it fits.  She's such a joy, and knowing that with all the complications I had after I will probably not carry another child or have another infant, I am making sure to really take in every moment I can with her. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My GS turns 13, also this October.  He's taller than me now, and acts about 15, tho supposedly no interest in GIRLS yet.  Says he anyway.  I told his father not to fall for that one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Novem, I think he has been on broadway, he was just ok to me. I had high hopes for bring him home. The women that played Epionne was from the Broadway version. 

tt, your GS is in 6th grade as well? He's about two inches shorter then my mom. My son turns 13 in September, guess that's only 8 months. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, 6th grade, so he gets to be a "buddy" to one of the little kids just starting first grade.  Loves it.

Threw the scones out under the feeder (I can't get to it, snow is too deep in back and in front are those dried pods of the moonflowers which I'm afraid to rub against), and the birds are enjoying them already.  I, on the other hand, just finished my coffee and a piece of your banana bread.  Much better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lucky birds!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Princess, good luck today with the tooth pulling.

Sections
Shortcuts