January 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Re: January 2013

Interesting Winter.  I figured she was a broadway one, but didn't think "On My Own" was as good in the movie as it could have been.  That's usually when I start crying at the play. Lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning, Uuuuh! Cold morning. I don't know, where you saw, we are having a "heat wave", tt. Unless of course, you call 30+ a heat wave. My Boston weather shows only in the low 30 next week. I hope they are wrong and you are right.
    You really cooked up a storm for your SIL, Kar. Despite your oncoming migraine and all. So nice of you to cook a special dinner for your SIL; I know you love her so. But I am confused. Are SIL and BIL siblings?
    Good your DIL got checked out, tt - and they didn't find anything serious, even though for a cancer surviver anything out of the ordinary is serious. Hope she is feeling better by now.
    Yes, it is a sad day today. TX son and DIL are leaving this afternoon. We did have a wonderful time with them, but all good things do have an end. DS turns 40 in April, so we are going to visit them then, and I just saw Jetblue has some inexpensive flights in February, so I may take a trip to TX then.
    UK son will still be here to Friday, but when he leaves and they all are gone, that is when the tears start rolling. Good I have the weekend to recover. November, I know it has been said too often, that they grow up so fast. But it s true, and sometimes one don't realize it until it is too late.
    Last night we had a trip down memory lane. They were playing theme songs and videos on our TV from the shows and TV series, they watched as children. Plus theme songs from old movies (iPad has that app). Such a great evening and a bit nostalgic. Whatever came to our mind, we shouted out, and there is was. So much fun. Wish we could repeat it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You are not confused, lol, yes, SIL and both BILs are blood siblings to each other and DH.  Why wasn't she here with the other two siblings?  Long story...family issues.

what a wonderful memory to end another fabulous visit with great food and family, Pingo.  Too bad they have to leave today, but at least you are already looking forward to seeing them relatively soon, again.

gosh, speaking of the Big 4 0, can't believe tomorrow my big year is over...41 is a little anticlimactic after such a big milestone last year.  Oh, well, I'm happy to be 16 lbs lighter today than I was last year on this date so that's pretty exciting. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I guess they sang as they acted, unlike it being dubbed the way it usually is. I always cry during I Dreamed a Dream and true to history I was crying. She actually had her hair cut during the performance. Anne Hataway is voioce trained.

Pingo, sounds like fun. Please find out the name of that App. :) Sorry you will have an empty house soon. 40..urgh...I hated it. 41 is knocking on the door...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Pingo that sounds like fun.  Please do share the app. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, don't you have a birthday towards the end of this month too?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes the 25th, which is why 41 is knocking on the door.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Lunch was a cheese sandwich and a cup of Green Tea, Winter.  No idea what I'll make for supper.  Leaning towards just spaghetti with diced tomatoes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, every family has "issues". Including ours. So sweet of you to repeat the entire thing for your SIL.

Re "memory lane". It was just YouTube, but you need to have a small black box called Apple TV, in order to get it on the TV screen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Lunch here today - just before take off - is salad plus smoked salmon on a bagel w/ cream cheese onions and capers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, for sure, "issues" are everywhere.  I was happy to do it all, again.  Yum!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Pingo. I can probably use it on my iPad. We don't have Apple TV. However, I have a smart TV that gets uTube, we'll have to check it out. Not sure what I'm having to lunch have to buy from the Cafe downstairs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I had a salad for lunch, with romaine lettuce, peppers, fresh mozzarella cheese, artichokes and roma tomatoes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

House is cold today, must be really low temps outside.  I've cranked the thermostat up, and Cheerio has spent most of the day under the comforter in here.  I peek in every once in a while, but she just raises her head and looks at me and waits for me to put the comforter back down.

Balanced my checkbook, but other than that haven't done a whole lot.  Should make a list of places to hit tomorrow if temps are up, Friday if they're not.  Want to get to T.J.'s for some tarpenade, get my hair cut (tho I'm getting quite fond of it this length), hit Michael's for some red and green frostings for the gingerbread men, and always, S&S for milk etc.  Waiting in today anyway for roofer to take a look at ceiling and either give it another spritz or set a date to repaint it. Tomorrow sometime will come a call from dr. too, regarding changing meds, since b.p. is still running high.  Do seem to have a lot more energy with it higher, but know continued high numbers aren't good.

Several calls from Cat Lady over the past days, checking on Harry.  Haven't seen him here since the day before Christmas, but as I told her, I'm getting up later mornings and I'm sure he has changed his breakfast route.  She's concerned because she hasn't seen him since a day or two after the holiday.  Hopefully his owners have stepped up to the plate and are keeping him in during this cold spell.  We know at some time, someone did consider him theirs, because for a day or two we would see a collar on him.

Plants need watering, l.r. could use dust mopping and dusting, so I'll get going before Dr. Phil comes on.

P.S.  Princess, how did you make out at the dentist?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be heading out soon, if I don't make it on later, have a good night everyone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

I want to wish everybody a very Healthy and Happy New Year.  A little prosperity wouldn't hurt either. I'm sorry to have been absent from the Chat. I was hurt in an accident leaving my office in October.  Had a concussion and broken leg among other things.  It's taken a long time to get back on my feet and it's been frustrating.  I probably should have posted about it but I was in the hospital for awhile and had bad headaches.  Reading a computer screen is problematic.  I may have to finally retire.

In any event, I think I'm on the mend.  There have been unfortunate family troubles as well, which I probably won't go into.  My son is safe though.

I will never catch up on past posts but please know I'm not out of the picture yet.

mothermitzi 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

MM - so sorry to hear about your accident.  We have missed you, but so happy you are on the ment.  Please take care!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, mothermitzi, I was so glad when I saw first the avatar and then my eyes read "mothermitzi".  Have wondered about you, never thought that you yourself might have been hurt, but was concerned with all that is going on that your son had been injured.  So glad to hear from you.  No, don't try to re read our postings, just start fresh from today.  What a time you've had.  You've made my New Year by seeing a posting from you again.  Prayers going up for you.  You've certainly had a long haul.  It's wonderful to have you back in our fold.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

MM we have been worrying about you but, as TT said, never imagined that you who were so active could have been injured so badly.  Please take good care of yourself and come back to us when you are ready.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I opened up the Chat today,

my eyes scanned down the page -

a maple leaf I spied, and then

"mothermitzi" met my gaze.

How happy I was to see that nom

we've missed her newsy posts -

but then to read what she'd been through

I felt I'm luckier than most.

Welcome back, mothermizi,

Chat seems complete with you back in our fold -

rest, take care, and heal yourself,

your recovery , our prayers will hold.

Love from toytrumpet - January 3, 2013

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. MM, so sorry about your injury. You've been greatly missed. I'm glad you are on the mend and hopefully a complete recovery. 

What a cold morning. I'm so glad I only have to walk to the car and then into the office. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

MM, so sorry to hear of your mishaps, you've been missed.  Hope it won't be long till your well on the road to recovery.....just take it (and the chat) one day at a time.  Hopefully by the time the warmer weather gets here you'll be back to your old self and able to get around and out and enjoy our lovely NE weather.  Take care and keep smiling, ss

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

What a wonderful New Year's gift - Mothermitzy is back. We have all been so worried about you. So sorry about your accident. Never did I expect something like that. Hope you are on the mend and have better days ahead. Glad to hear your son is safe too. How is your dad doing? Like tt said, don't worry about the old Chat. Start fresh; it's a new year.

So cold out. Me think, tt misread about the "heat wave". Must have been somewhere else.  LOL DS wants to go shopping for a couple of things, before he leaves tmw. I will have him drop me at the doors. Not a day to be out in. Try to stay warm.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Next Tues and Weds it's supposed to be in the 40's.  Too cold for me to go out today, don't want to breath in that cold air.  Hoping tomorrow feels a little warmer.

Thawed out some boiled ham, I thought for lunch, but it's taking along while.  May just have to have a hot dog with sauerkraut.

Oh, Kargiver, not to forget - Happy Birthday!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Happy birthday Kar. Any plans? 

Sections
Shortcuts