January 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: January 2013

yes Kar, Happy Birthday. 

Does anyone have any good resolutions they want to share?  I don't mean the usual "lose 10/20/30/100 lbs" type but anything less universal? 

I want to continue getting organized, which I have made good progress on in the last couple of months, and do some home spruce-ups.  One thing that I have found fruitful is to have a looseleaf binder with those sheet protectors into which I put recipes, etc that I pull out of magazines.  Or if I make a recipe from online I print it out, write on it my impressions, and put all of this in the binder.  I started this in November and worked on it today so I am up to date.

I decided to register for a short art class today - only 4 sessions.  I usually feel that I cannot commit to a 10 week program but I think this will be do-able.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Sounds like a good start on the new year, Hats. I have tons of printed recipes, I need to organize. However, I find thet the recipes I find on the net is easier to just re-print.
    I have organized a "holiday recipe" book with those plastic sleeves  - one for each holiday, and special meals. We tend to make the same food items at every holiday, and serve the same sides with certain food. This has come in handy. Now I don't have to spend time looking for them. At the back of the binder, I have a section w/ Chat recipes.
    Your art class sounds like a good idea. I also dislike to sign up for more than a couple of sessions at the time. The stretched out classes are great for beginners, as there tend to be a lot of repetitions. What will you be doing? Oil, watercolors, ceramics? Have fun!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

I did make a few resolutions and have them written down and will check regularly:) 

They say only set one but I felt there were a few things I wanted to accomplish this year so set the bar high.  I figure if I can keep a couple I am good.

Way too cold out today!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo, there were two I wanted to take but they overlapped in time.  One was techniques in pastels and the other was mosaic art and design.  So I chose the one that met later figuring that would give me time to shower....and mosaics it is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo, there were two I wanted to take but they overlapped in time.  One was techniques in pastels and the other was mosaic art and design.  So I chose the one that met later figuring that would give me time to shower....and mosaics it is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

that was a BDC glitch....not me posting twice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

MM, it's a great relief to hear from you, but like everyone else, so sorry you had such a painful end to 2012.  Glad you are on the mend and praying that trend continues to a full recovery soon into this new year.

Thanks for the birthday well wishes!!  If there are plans they are a secret.  My folks called this morning. :)

I know you said no weight related resolutions, but that's all I've got - I'm resolving to keep up my habit of counting every calorie for all of 2013 and thereby not regain my 11 - 12 lb loss of 2012.  I'm done being a human yo-yo.

Speaking of that, I better get out there and walk Gracie.  Last I checked, it was -3.  Good thing Santa brought me some toasty things to wear out there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

It's cold it's cold, it's cold. I hear you Kar!    We watched Mr Magoo's Christmas Carol so that song is wafting around head.  Avoiding my errands hoping it will warm up.  Says 26 here but the transmitter is in the sun.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, how could I forget you. Happy, Happy Birthday! Bundle up, bundle up. It is miserabel out.

Son is leaving tmw., so a lot of things are going on around here. Wanted to buy a new pair of shoes. He wears size 13, so they are hard to come by. But he found a pair, almost new, he hadn't worn for a while. So he decided not to, and I am good inside.
    Now making lobster rolls from the leftover New Year Eve's dinner. Then later we have to go and exchange a sweater, he decided was too tight for him. Just took out to defrost a RoL for our dinner tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Pingo!  Heck, I'd have forgotten myself had my dad's birthday not been Jan 2. :)  40 was a LOT more exciting, lol.

yup, it's stinking cold, and I'm having a bit of an asthma thing so still haven't bundled up and taken Gracie out.  Feeling so lazy...

what I really should be doing is making turkey soup from the leftovers speaking of your lobster rolls, Pingo.  Yum, by the way.  And, you're starting the year off pretty spoiled - lobster rolls and RoL in one day!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh Pingo, lobster rolls sound delicious. I have a family friend who wears a size 13 shoe and they go to Abbott Shoes in North Reading.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, that's where we were heading. Or to Dahers Shoes on Main Steet in Andover. They are both most helpful. If they don't have them in stock, they will ship them to you and you can return them if they don't fit.
    The lobster rolls were fantastic. Now looking forward to the lamb tonight, and that is the end of two weeks pigging out. It will be cabbage soup for the rest of the month. Maybe with a meat loaf thrown in.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Thanks to all for the good wishes.

tt, as usual, your poem is heartfelt and very special.  Thank you.

Happy Birthday kar.

The holidays were pretty much non-existant for me this year. I found New Year's cards online and ordered a couple of boxes. I will send them in place of Christmas cards.  DD had Christmas at her house.  My father is fine pingo.  Thanks for asking.

I have the heat up to 72 today.  One good thing about not working, is not having to go out on a day like this.

mothermitzi 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll be heading home soon, but I should be on tonight, but not sure he will be here. So good night if I miss you later.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yes, tt, meant to give you much deserved kudos for the lovely poem.

New Year's cards...great idea!  I think we'll do the same; I didn't get to the Christmas cards this year, for shame.

got the turkey off the carcas and have the bones and veggies in the stock pot...starting to smell good.  Will chill it and skim off all the fat tomorrow.

just walked an hour with Gracie, and my face is burning upon coming in the house.  Speaking of heat, though, I need to get the fire kicked up.

tonight, prime rib, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, and horseradish sauce...all for no work! Yay!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kar!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks, Prin! :)  Happy New Year to you - hoping it brings renewed strength and health!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Leftovers rock!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

Leftovers rock!

Turkey/gravy/carrot/mash 'pie' with sides of stuffing, cranberry and sweet potato!  And a glass of pinot grigio. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yum!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    27 better than 9, but it is still cold out. Busy morning helping DS packing, then to the airport this afternoon and the good times are over this time. Enjoyed every minute of it. Such a blessing to be able to spend so much quality time with the family. We laughed, we ate. We played games and and watched some old videos from back when. Plus we had a spectacular Christmas and New Year's Eve. How much better can life be?
    Tomorrow everyone will be back to the old grind, but a blessing to know everyone are well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Well I was happy that it was 11 degrees warmer this morning when I left home. Anyone have any weekend plans? Not much for us, I'd like to take down the Christmas decorations, but we have to finish up the project that's due Wednesday.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter, don't forget to take pictures. Hopefully some day, you will be able to post them.
    We leave our Christmas decorations until after Epiphany, which is on the 6th. So they will not come down until the next weekend.
    Good luck with your project.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Good morning all!  I have to go out soon so I am glad it is as warm now as it was when I went out at 1 yesterday!

Pingo, in the New Yorker magazine dated Jan. 7th there is a wonderful article on Danish television that I think you will find interesting.  Now that the boys are gone, you might have time to read it.  Should be on newstands and at Barnes and Noble.

TT when I read the poem yesterday I said to myself, ah, she is really feeling better!  But I did not want to deflect attention from the wonderful news of MM's return by mentioning it.

Weekend plans - a visit to a museum and a long long meeting on Sunday.  The daily round is starting up again in full swing.  Even our musical activities that don't usually resume until the second week in Jan started again on the 2nd!  Our directors are too antsy about a big event at the end of June.  As if rehearsing now will help us then....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We usually do to Pingo, but the last couple of days Yoda has been knocking more and more off the tree, so it's probably best to take the tree down, but not sure we will have time this weekend.

Sections
Shortcuts