January 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Re: January 2013

Winter that's great!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

100%, Winter, that's amazing!  Usually, they find some little thing to knock a few points off for some stupid reason.  Great job and congrats to your DS!

prin, hoping your clothes fit soon meaning you are happy and healthy having gone back to work.

getting ready for the super cold night with a stove full of wood and the catalytic converter on...should last all night.

tomorrow, taking SIL to doc tomorrow in Boston and out for dinner after and mike's canolis after.  Yay!  Dh is taking the day off and will take care of Gracie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That is great, Winter. DS must be so proud. I am hoping all our crossed fingers and good luck wishes had something to do with it. LOL
    Now, what is the next project?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Tumbled out of bed earlier than I realized this morning - it wasn't before I got up, showered, and looked at the clock again, that I realized it was only five of six!  Better put this early start to the day to some good use.

Glad to see there's no new snowfall here, but the house was cold.  Hope your heat lasted through the night, Kargiver.  Have a fun day today with your SIL.  She's lucky to have you available to do the Boston drive - bonus going out to eat afterwards.

Is it today your husband leaves on his trip, Pingo?  Only a couple more of these cold days and you'll be headed for hopefully a little warmer temps.  Good time to make your getaway.

Princess, hope the dog training is the answer to being able to keep Tillie.  It's obvious she's become an important part of your family.

Coffee's about due now, so I'll check in later.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

100% is always something to celebrate!  Now what will you do with the little drummer boy?  My house is littered with those old projects which the kids worked really hard on but I just can't bear to get rid of.

Off to see if my coffee is brewed. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You and my dh were up extra early this morning, tt, and Gracie followed seconds later so my day, too, started before 6.  I, however, have been a lazy bones aside from feeding the two helpless creatures in the house their breakfast, lol.  I never eat this early, but the coffee is for me - plenty for now.

Yes, the poor thing is so anxious about driving in Boston that she has cancelled appoints and just suffered before she had me to drive her.  She has an inner ear problem.  And, it's a bonus for me because otherwise I'd never have a reason to visit the city I so dearly love, plus any time anywhere with SIL is a great time.

dh is on vaca today so I won't even have to worry about Graice.  

I do have to get all their food in order before I go, or goodness knows what they will eat.  Other than that I'm ready and eager to go! 

princess, I add my well wishes for the Tillie situation.  They have those programs for a reason; hoping your dogs are added to their success stories.

pingo, are you traveling today?

take care, all,

kar

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

I was up early too. DH will be leaving tmv. and I am off Sunday, so there are lots of things to attend to.
    Worked until 10:30 last night, stopped for a bite to eat and went to bed at midnight. But I did get everything done I needed to, so I can be at home today and take care of the necessities here.
    I may go in later this evening, to take care of the last few items.
    Re last night. Except for Burger King and MacD, there is not much open at that time of the night. But our Chinese restaurant has a special late night menu. Mostly appetizers. It was ok, not much to write home about. However, we were both shocked to see the restaurant was full of young, single women. Only a couple of males. Is this the trend? I don't think I have ever gone out by myself after 6 pm. And of course we both felt ancient.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to Princess-cal's comment:

"The trainers are coming out Monday for Tillie and Spencer. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will work!"  end quote

I think it's a great idea, I bet they'll enjoy it.  

Would a soft muzzle on Tillie when she's alone with your MIL and Spencer help?   I think they make comfortable ones that they can even drink water while wearing,  that way she wouldn't be able to hurt anyone if she snaps....I know it's just a bandaid but... 

It's always something with dogs, I have one that will probably need allergy testing $$$

I wish I had gotten pet insurance!

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

hats, I think we may keep him and dress him up for Halloween and use as a decoration on the front porch :) 

Have a nice day in Boston Kar. 

tt, you are up early? 

What are the long weekend plans for everyone?

My cousin gets married on Sunday, no kids are allowed (which I'm fine with) but DS's dad is unable to watch DS and since it's my cousin, my mom is not available. If it were closer to home we'd let him stay, but not 30 minutes away, so DH will be staying (watching Pats game). I really can't miss the wedding, she sang at my first wedding and they both attending my second. 

Monday morning DS gets the braces.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ha, I wouldn't know the trend in going out at night, Pingo, lol.  Best to you as you finish up preps for travel.

PC, that's a cute way to handle the changes in how DS sees his mom right now - he'll be back to knowing you're awesome in a decade or so give or take. ;)

dh just took gracie skiing.  Brrrrr, they are of tougher stock than I am.  I'm getting on the stepper in a few minutes in the nice warm house.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ha, I wouldn't know the trend in going out at night, Pingo, lol.  Best to you as you finish up preps for travel.

PC, that's a cute way to handle the changes in how DS sees his mom right now - he'll be back to knowing you're awesome in a decade or so give or take. ;)

dh just took gracie skiing.  Brrrrr, they are of tougher stock than I am.  I'm getting on the stepper in a few minutes in the nice warm house.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

JC, Don't I know the mouthy mouth of boys! lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Whoops, didn't mean to post twice...

thanks, winter. :)  have fun at the wedding even without dh.  Too bad it didn't work out for both of you to go, but I'm sure you'll both enjoy your evening.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Pingo, Made a copy of your directions for the Amaryllis.....thanks. ss    Winter, like the idea of keeping DS's person to decorate your porch at Halloween.....theres a house on the way to Duxbury that has two people (??) sitting in wicker chairs----all year round---their clothes are changed with the seasons.......I eagerly look for them each time we're on that stretch of road.  Prin...good luck with your dog training.  ss

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I miss those too JC. I still get your the best mom ever sometimes and I still get my hugs and kisses. I don't want those to go away!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Winter and JC, there will be a few (maybe several) years, that your boys will not be as affectionate as they used to be. But believe me, it will come back - and in multiples. I have a much better relationship with our boys, that I ever had - even though I do miss those little snugly baby arms or them falling asleep on my shoulders. They still snuggle, but in a different way. And they still come and hug me and kiss me good morning and good night, whenever they are around. Just be patient.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good to know Pingo. I get all the snuugles now and I cherish them because I know they won't be around for long. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Stew meat is braised, a small portion with mushrooms pulled aside for a stroganoff tonight, and to the rest I'm adding carrots and potatoes for a 2 day stew.  Hate to move out of the sun in the l.r., but so much to be done.

Boys - yes, we become the people who know nothing when they're in their teens, but by the time they reach their 20's, we once again are Moms they can turn to.  One of my sons was just complaining last week that his 12 yr. old thinks he knows nothing.  Natural process of kids growing up, I told him, growing pains for the parents, so to speak.

I know the sun is deceiving, but it makes it look so good out.  I know by the way the mailman was bundled head to foot, that it must be freezing, but still I want to go out and poke.  Anxious to hunt for and find the lamp for my room off the kitchen.  Unfortunately I put in a call that I have to wait for a return call, so  like it or not, I'm housebound for the day.  If I don't get back on before some of you leave for the week-end, and you for your flight out on Sunday, Pingo, hope you all have a wonderful time - a safe trip to you, Pingo.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, it's very cold, so stay inside. I know what you are going through, not only do I not know anything, but he knows EVERYTHING!! Have a good night everyone. I'll be leaving in 15 minutes. Pingo, have a nice flight and lovely weather in TX.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Winter, next Halloween we'll be looking out for the big drummer boy!  Great idea.

there's a guy in my town who has a dog statue in his front yard, and he dresses the doggie up for holidays and seasons.  For example, on NYE the doggie had a tall fuchsia party hat with silver glitter and a pom-pom on top.  Easter - the doggie has bunny ears, St Pats, a green hat with a shamrock...it's so fun for the kids....a public service.  This guy used to own a wonderful burger and ice cream joint but his landlord raised the rent so that he could not continue...a real loss to the whole town.  Now it's just one more chain.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

You girls are bringing back memories. Ever heard  "You don't have a clue!"? I hated it. Most of the time I would ignore it, but there were times, I replied, "Reeeearly?????" They hated that. LOL

Sections
Shortcuts