January 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: January 2013

Have a safe trip, Pingo, and lots of fun.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

Just don't associate it with your real name; use first name Toy and last name Trumpet and we will be able to find you....

Are you on there as Hats?  ETA:  I would have to have someone who is already on show me the ropes.  When you click on something you like does it not only save that pic to your computer but also print the directions?  Loads of fascinating things, so cute, in the craft section.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Thank you, tt. I am really looking forward to it. Went to the AP w/ DH, and I was back in no time. Glad we live fairly close to the AP. Hardly any traffic on a Sunday morning. A friend will come and give me a ride in 2-1/2 hour, so I have plenty of time to de-stress.
    Seems like DH has no problems this morning. So far no delay, but of course they haven't taken off yet.
    We spent yesterday the best we could. It was like getting a gift. A day w/o having nothing to do. That is quite a miracle in the Pingo household. I told DH, that from now on, he has to pretend and tell everyone, he is leaving a day earlier, than he actually is. Would be much less stressful.

It is pretty nice out, and it is actually warmer here this morning, than in TX. Was told to bring a warm fleece and to bring some "nice casual". We are going to a Brahms thing mid week. It is a combination of opera, symphony and ballet. Should be nice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The Brahms thing, sounds really nice.  You have a nice day to fly out, Pingo.  Hope DH's flight goes off with any delay today.  

I've been googling around Pinterest this morning, so many cute craft ideas.  Haven't actually signed on yet, sort of getting the feel for it.  The young couple who had given me a ride to G.T.'s Christmas party last year were raving about it, and telling me I would love it, as well as Hats has mentioned it several times.

Sent pumpkin's mom the recipe for the Spanish Cream, and she's been emailing me back - evidently using some of the recipes I put in her basket a year ago - had trouble with the whoopie pie filling recipe - that's because I had to guess at amounts, I don't measure a lot of the things I have made for years.  This morning she wrote, "Holy mackeral - that half moon recipe makes a LOT!"  Emailed her back that she'll be glad, because they freeze sans frosting, beautifully.  told her the ones we had at our Christmas party had been in the freezer for a couple of months.  All I did was thaw them and frost.  Pleases me that she is using my recipes, at least.

The boards will be quiet this week without you, Pingo.  Hope your son can set you up so you can post now and then from Texas.  What time will you get in there tonight?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Safe and fun travels, Pingo!

tt, hats' advice to only use Toy Trumpet in fields where it looks like they are asking for your real name is excellent and is how I set up my gmail account.  My address is kargiverbdc@gmail.com, and the name I associated with the account is Kar Giver.  Nowhere in the account creation process does my real name appear.

the trees are really betraying the wind's force today - looks like a wild forest dance party out there.  Dh is still getting ready to take Gracie for their ski...hearty souls.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Pingo have a lovely time in TX and I will look forward to hearing about the Brahms performance.  I am afraid it will be a quiet Chat week without you.

TT, no, I have another alias on Pinterest.

It's a virtual bulletin board application.  So you create named boards, then 'pin' pictures to them.  The directions stay in the original webpages and when you decide to read or make the originals, you have to follow the links.

So, let's say you create a board called 'food' and you pin lots of pictures of recipes.  Then two weeks later you decide 'oh i have to make something for a party.' So you go to the food board, look at the photos, decide on a recipe and click on it.  The original website will be at the bottom right corner and you then click on the website to find the recipe.  It's not as easy as it could be, because the websites still want you to go there because they are supported by ads.  If all the information was on Pinterest, they would not get the ad traffic.

But, I found that especially for crafts, i don't usually have to go to the website.  If it is  complicated or a recipe, I bookmark the website so I can get to it again without going to Pinterest.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning everyone - Safe trip Pingo, we will miss you.

Planning on taking Mom and MIL out to lunch today, but we are having a hard time deciding where.  Debating going into Boston, but just have to make sure where we go is handicapped accessible. 

DH is out walking the pups.  I decided to stay in with my nice hot cuppa, lol.  Getting things ready to go back to work tomorrow.  A little nervous, just don't like answering all of the questions as to why I was out, etc. Sometimes people can be invasive, but mostly they are wonderful, so it will be nice to see people I haven't seen in so long. 

Have a great day everyone!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I stepped out to feed Harry and then to toss some cut up fruit under the feeder.  The wind is really whistling around the house.  The sun fools you into thinking it's warm.  Good day for another bowl of my beef stew for lunch, with a biscuit I made last night to go with.

Just heard paper hit the front door, so had better get a move on and in the shower and dressed.  Had a hunch NH nephew might call and say they were on their way down, so didn't want to miss him again by being in the shower.  They're early birds, and would have called by now if they were on the road.  Last 2 times they called it was a no-go, first time I was in the shower and missed the call, and last time I was still in the throes of the virus I had, and begged off.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

---Hope DH's flight goes off with any delay today.--- 

He is on his way. Left two minutes early :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Prin, so exciting to go back to work and see your pals there.  That's the ONLY thing I miss about working, well, that and the paycheck, lol.  As for the invasive busy bodies, I'd come up with something pleasant and yet non-explicit to say to answer their prying.  Something like, "December is a wonderful time to take off." If you repeat that the same pleasant way with a smile to whatever they say they'll give up and hopefully learn the lesson that direct questions don't always get or deserve direct answers.  (Credit goes to my mom for that one, one of the best communicators in my world.)  Anyway, hopefully you can go easy and not get run down.  I saw a supplement advertised for gaining weight yesterday, but I can't remember what it is...have you seen it?  It shows before and after photos of women happy with their new junk in the trunk...pretty funny ad, actually.

DH just took Gracie, and I am getting going on the laundry so we can replace the motherboard by sending this one away; they are known to be defective, and I've HAD IT with crossing my fingers and hoping for the best every time I do a load.  Had DH deal with the alarmed, stuck load of wet, dirty laundry last time, and "suddenly" it's a real problem that needs addressing, lol.  Men.

OK, gotta get on that.  Right after another cuppa.  :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Murphey's Law, as soon as you shampoo up the phone will ring, tt!  

Pingo, safe travels to you both!  Glad today didn't prove to be a repeat of yesterday.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In and out of shower and no message on the answering machine, so my intuition is off today.

Going to catch Sunday Morning and maybe, just maybe, have another donut and cup of coffee.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yum, donuts...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Thanks Kar, I just may use that!  I did see that commercial - DH told me to pay attention, lol.  I actually drink the Boost nutritional drinks.  They don't taste that bad and also give me a lot of nutrients.

Sorry won't be having any visitors today TT, however, I'm sure you'll find something to keep you busy - you always do!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Ok, shutting down the computer for a week or so. Hope I will be able to read your psts in TX.  Good luck princess w/ going back to work. It can be intimidating, but is also exciting.
    Have a good weel everyone!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I thought that ad was hysterical. :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Bye, Pingo, ENJOY!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Pingo, I missed you, but have a great trip. not much to do today. DS has a basketball game and I have that wedding. Tt, i think its lovely that you GD is making your recipes. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Did get an invitation to go to a meditation session, but I'd really like to look around and find one that's a little larger with more diversity to it.  In the next couple of weeks will talk with Nanny friend about that.  I think she is quite content with the present one.

Winter, meant to mention to you, particularly, OLA GS's school project is to write a report on the history of kaleidoscopes and also to make one.  I did casually mention on here picking up a couple of library books for him to incorporate into his report, most of which he got off the internet.  One of the books shows how to make them, so that should be of some use to him.  I thought of your son and all you went through to make that book person come alive.  My GS's seems to me to be a more practical, useful, and less expensive project.

Have a great time at the wedding.  I'm sure she'll appreciate your being there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Intown son stopped by returning my tupperware container, but with 3 stuffed cabbages in it!  Guess what I'm having for lunch!  Never make them anymore, so much work for just one person.  Brought that and a stack of magazines, so I've lazy afternoon ahead.  He had an errand to do and then home for 2 football games.  Relaxing day for him too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow, you not only got your Tupperware back but it had yummy lunch, too?!  You raised him right, tt. :)

hoping this morning finds Pingo safe and sound in tx and princess happily and healthily on her way to work.

another Monday finds me procrastinating, again, for my chiropractic appointment.  the colder it is the more I want to stay home in my pjs, lol, with my cuppa.  But, I do benefit a lot from going, and I need to go to Trader Joes out that way...

anything fun going on this week?  I'm going East for lunch with trips' dad, and their 3 yo's bd party is this weekend so I need to shop for that.

~kar

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Snow.  Snow predicted Friday too.  Yuck.  I may not get to my party tonight, it's well over an hour away.  And, there's absolutly no food left here, not even peanut butter so it's Market Basket for me real soon now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's too bad, hats!  Dh has to travel right into the thick of it tomorrow for work. :(  I'm planning my trip east for wed or thur.  Darn that snow...I hope their forecast for what is coming when is correct.  I hate making plans around the forecast and then...well, we've all been there.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

By the looks of the weather forecasts for the week, today would be the day to get any errands done - that is, unless you like the cold frigid temps.  I just dug into a bowl of hot steamy oatmeal, house feels cold.

Tore my heart up last night on Downton Abbey to see her leave her little boy with his grandparents that he didn't even know.  I can see how so many people have gotten hooked on that saga.  --  And on the other hand, I blame myself partially for the Patriot's loss - I never watch them, and did last night, clicking back and forth between the two stations.  Sorry, Patriots, I think I jinxed you.

Turned on the computer to a lovely email from pumpkin's mom.  I'm sharing it, so those of you with young grandchildren coming along can have a glimpse of benefits we reap from those childhood memories we try to build:  

"I love making your treats...it feels likes I'm in like a secret club of elite bakers now lol it's so surreal because your baked stuff never tasted like anything I had ever had so they were like this rare delectable treat that only existed at your house and now I can make them myself too! Every time I try out a recipe im convinced I won't even come close. It's nice to know ill always be able to create a little bit of nana's house."

Any wonder I call her "my darling girl" ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

oh TT I am, glad Pumpkin's mom is not just nice and loving but able and willing to express her feelings to you.

I too had oatmeal with banana for breakfast.  Soon as the coffee cup is empty I will throw on clothes, hit the grocery store and then shower this afternoon.

Sections
Shortcuts