January 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Re: January 2013

Good morning all.  Made it into work and am trying to get through the HUNDREDS of emails that were waiting for me.  Already one emergency deadline, but that's okay. 

Hopefully the snow won't be too bad!  Stay warm!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning, Princess

Good luck on your first day back to work.  One emergency deadline isn't too back considering, I guess.  Surprised your emails were forwarded to someone else to handle while you were out. Remember - "Slow and easy wins the race."  Be good to you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

tt, How sweet of your GD to pen her note to you.....sorta makes everything worthwhile doesn't it??  I think I would read it almost every day, what a lift!!

Pingo hope you and DH each enjoy your trips, TX....wish I was going....my kindergarden friend lives in San Antonio, this yr. the last of her family here passed on, so doubt if she will be making the trip north again.

Kar, a birthday party for a 3 yr old, what fun awaits you....let us know what you get her for a present.  Don't remember what the sex of the tri ps are,all the same or different?

I hate the cold, bur hate the snow more, so I have to get some errands done before the smpw starts flying.  Take care all and Keep Smiling, ss

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Is anyone watching the inauguration?  I think they have decorated the Capitol beautifully!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I have to confess, I'm not, Hats.  I'm clicking channels while eating my salad.  I thought the same thing about the front of the White House tho (I'm assuming that was the front of the white house with the flag panels hanging).  It was gorgeous.  Saw that part, but I'm not one to sit and listen to their speeches.  Soon I'll frantically be hunting for Y&R - sorry, but that's where my interest lies, not in speeches where what they think the people want to hear, is said.

Did you get your errands done?  Stock on on food?  I'm all set here.  Took some lasagna out of freezer and in its place will put a container of the last of the beef stew, and also a couple of leftover cupcakes and frosted brownies (if I don't eat them all first!).  Have a wash waiting to be moved to the dryer, and cleaned the bathroom, that's about the sum of all I've accomplished so far.  Do have to clean out and dispose of some of that paper clutter that seems to pile up and up and up.  That can be immobilizing - and here I was a secretary (excuse me - Administrative Asst.!) for my working career, and kept perfect files where I could lay my hand on anything at a moment's notice.  Guess so many years of that was enough, and now I'm floundering around in my own paper work.  That's alright, I'm an easy boss!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Prin, like tt said, slow and steady will get you to the end of your emails and whatever else. :)

ss, the trips are all boys...can you imagine?!

hats, will tune in long enough to check out the White House...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Almost 3:00, and it's very grey and cold looking.  Want to fill the feeder one more time before any snow starts.  No Harry this morning, hope he's in somewhere warm.

Took one of the batches of paper work into the l.r. with me, along with the waste paper basket, and watched Law and Order while I went through them, put them in some kind of order, then filed in the cabinet in the toyroom, and set up a system for the checking statements.  Surprising how much you can accomplish when you just plod along, piece after piece.  Got a wash done and the bed stripped, so have that to remake too.  Stopped a few minutes ago for a biscuit with butter, and a quick call to SS, who had just gotten in.  She's adventurous, trying a new recipe tonight. 

MM, how are you doing?  No postings from you for a few days now, hope you're still on the road to recovery.

Princess, hope your first day back is almost over by now, or maybe you only worked until noon.  How did everything go?

OK, off to fill the feeder, and then make a nice cuppa.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ewww, cold and raw it IS!  Walked Gracie and was miserable, frankly.  It started spitting snow upon our return up the driveway, and now it's coming down steadily.

good job with your paperwork, tt.  I need to do the same with the checkbook tomorrow.

finishing up chores before dh gets home.  Brrr.  Got down to 66 in here - first order of business is to add wood to the stove.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good evening everyone and greetings from TX,
    Arrived w/o any problems. So nice to see son and DIL again. DS sat me up with a computer again, but I had a heck of a time to get to the Forums (does that sounds familiar?)
    Had a lovely evening last night and a leasury day today. 
    DIL went to work, but DS and I met her for lunch at a Greek place. Had a Falafel sandwich. I did not bring any short sleeve tops - didn't think I needed them - so DS took me shopping to Coldwater Creek. I has a ball. They had a huge sale. 40 50 % off and buy one get one free etc. I purchased 5 tops, a pair of jeans and two pair of pants. The latter three a size smaller, than I wear now - with me losing weight in mind. I will be all set for the Boston summer.
    With you fighting with the snow and the frigid temps., I almost hate to tell you, the weather here is gorgeous. Low 70 - midweek 80. It felt funny to go outside w/o bundling up, but it is something, I can get used to quickly.
    DH finally arrived this morning, where he was supposed to be. A day and a half late. But all is well now.
    More tmw. DS and DIL are waiting for me with dinner. I can smell the grill in here, sitting near an open window.
    Take care all and good night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yay, so happy to hear from you, Pingo!  I lovvve coldwater creek, very nice, long lasting, classic but up to date styles...that FIT.  You probably needed new summer clothes since losing 10 lbs, anyway; great to get them there on sale.  Falafel...yum.  Glad your first day was banner and know the rest of the week will be just as great.  check in again when you have a chance!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Surprised to find your post, Pingo, almost didn't see it, last page went to Kargiver's post, and then I scanned up one and saw yours. 70's?  80's?  I forget what that feels like!  Supposed to go out this morning, but I may call and cancel.  Temp that comes up on computer is only 22 right now, and there are the stairs, walkway, and car to clear off, plus warm up the car.  Feel the air is too cold for me to be breathing in.  I'll make a decision mid-morning.

DIL brought over a couple of slices of When Pigs Fly raisin bread that she bought when she went up to Kittery a couple of days ago.  It's almost like a sweet Portuguese bread, with raisins.  Had a piece lightly toasted with my cuppa yesterday, and looking forward to the other slice with a couple of eggs this morning.

Haven't caught the TV weather report yet, so not sure what other parts of the state got in snowfall.  How did you make out in the Quabbin are, Kargiver?  Happy to see ours is just a dusting.  Sun is rising over the house on the corner, so I'm sure our accumulation here is over with.

Princess, how was your first day?  I imagine you were exhausted by the time you got home.  Time to eat and stand over that nice floor register where the heat blows up.  Pushed the thermostat down a little too far last night.  I'll check in later.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's pretty cold, indeed!  We got about 3/4" out here...just enough to shovel before it gets packed down on the steps and icy.

that bread is awesome, tt, one of my favs.  I'm 1/4 Portuguese so it makes sense. ;)

the sun just came out, very pretty on the snow.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Princess, hope you managed through your first day back yesterday. Pingo, 70's...ugh. Hope you have a great time with your DS and DIL. tt, I love the message that your GD wrote about using your recipes. 

Long day yesterday with the top set of braces. He did go to school today and I hope he makes it through the day. I guess it's uncomfortable to eat. I keep telling him it will get better.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hi, Winter.  Never had braces, but I'm sure it hurts until your mouth/teeth get used to it.  At least he does have a girl schoolmate (I think you said) who already has them, so she can sort of commiserate with him and fill him in on how quickly your mouth gets used to it.

Yes, I was really touched by GD's email too.  She's a Clinical Psychologist, and as such, I think, feels freer to express her emotions and thoughts.  Lucky us, and lucky patients she has, if she's able to teach them to do the same.  We're sometimes bound up so tight for fear of being rejected.

As the sun gets higher in the sky, looking not too bad out there (am I just kidding myself?), so will shower and dress and be ready to keep appt if the first breath of cold air I take in doesn't do me in.  Haven't been out for a couple of days and really need some live people contact - not that you all on here aren't "live", but you know what I mean.  Also want to stop by the library and pick up another of Joanne Harris's books.  Have read a couple already, and enjoyed the one I just finished, "The Girl With No Shadow".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Winter, if they are anything like they were when I got mine, it's unfortunately far worse than uncomfortable to eat at first.  I thought I was ok because they didn't hurt much at all so I took a big bite of a hamburger and almost literally threw up from the immediate stabbing severe pain.  Had a headache the rest of the day from it.  I had to have shakes the first day and soft food for the next two every time they adjusted them, but the day they got put on was the worst.  It DOES get better especially after you know what to avoid for a couple of days.  I hope he adjusts well and quickly.  I think it hurt about half as much to have them adjusted as it did to have them out on.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanke tt and Kar. tt, yes there are 3 girls in his class with them, so I'm sure they are telling him how it will go. Kar, He had cheddar and brocolli noodles for lunch yesterday and mac and cheese with hamburger last night for dinner. Lunch at school today are meatball subs, so I told him to just ask for the meatballs and cut them up into smaller pieces. He has a little travel toothbruch with him that he's supposed to use after lunch. He goes back the end of February for his first adjustment. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

They must be different, thank GOD.  I was literally sick the rest of the day after I took that bite.  Sounds like he's making out fine - it will only get better from here and it won't take long.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

We've made sure he's only eating soft food. He does say it hurts, but he needs to eat something. Sadly, when he gets his bottom ones, we'll need to go through this again. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm sure it aches, but if he can tolerate soft food he's two days ahead of where I was that first day.  I had both top and bottom put on at once so maybe that accounts for the difference.  

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, my, JC, what a situation.  So sorry you, fiancé, kids...everyone has to deal with her and her wake of destructiveness.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Is fiance's mom epileptic?  Is she ok?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Wow, what a horrific ramifications of slipping and falling.  Yeah, she is fortunate that not only do they live nearby but they care enough to do what's best for her at sacrifice to themselves...not so common anymore.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thoughtful of you all to spare her knowing about the visit.