January 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: January 2013

Yes, but she said sometimes they are scrapping and something could have moved the wrong way that's causing pain. He said the other side is fine and doesn't hurt at all. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sounds like he's managing with the whole thing.  I know the end result is worth the process, but I always feel bad kids have to go through that.

Time is getting away from me, have to shower and dress - not that I'm expecting any drop in company on this cold morning, mind you!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Good Morning all.   Like the weathergirl said,"Don't let the sun fool you", it looks so nice out but its freezing!  DD and GGS are coming later today with a cake for DH (his bd was yesterday but she couldn't make it)....I'm making sauce and meatballs, will make enuf so she can take a container home for her house and one for my GD's house, think other DD will also come over for a visit, so will make enuf for her to take home for her family too.

JC,when I had seizures and was on medication, the meds did not stop the sizures entirely, it pushed them further apart.  Without the meds I probably would have had them constantly.  It's good you can tell when they are coming, please God she never has one when you aren't there.    ss

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

SS, how did the new recipe you tried the other night turn out?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

tt, new recipe did not  go back in the box, it went into the trash!!  It was okay, veggies were good, especially the parsnips and baby carrots, but it lacked something ??.  Will pull another saved (never tried) oldie from the box tomorrow....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

See tho, this is a good way to clear out all those saved, untried recipes.  I have a slew too, tho most of mine fall into the sweet category - surprised?  lol

Finally showered and dressed and now will start on one of a dozen things on my "list".  I need a dozen me's to get it all done.  In a throwing out mood, so at some point will tackle more of that paid bill clutter.  I have a book called, "Taming the Paper Tiger" that I bought years ago, think it's time for me to give that another read - unless that's something that fell prey to one of my energetic throw away cleanings!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning, so sorry for all of you suffering with those frigid degrees. Another warm day here; wish I could share. 
    Interesting, tt - about Harry not belonging to the house w/ the breeze way. But at least he has a shelter in this cold weather. I am just wondering, how he got the shaved leg. Someone must have taken him for some kind of medical treatment.
    Those guys working outside are tough. They are used to it and will not give up a day's pacheck. Still, I feel sorry for them. 
    I have tons of old recipes, I cut out and wanted to try. I really need to spend some time and go through them. I might just trash them all. These days recipes are easy to on the net.
    Glad you are happy to be back at work, Princess. Don't let the dead lines overwhelm you. We don't want you to get sick again. 
    Every morning, when I open the compute, I am hoping to see a post from Mother Mitzy and Amber as well as Tulip and Obbie. Hope they all are well, and we haven't lost them for good.
    Have a good day all. Try to stay warm.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Way too dang cold, in fact!  I'm wearing my wool undies and heading out to walk Gracie.  UGH.  I can hear the wind...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

O. M. G. Walked an hour and 10 minutes with wool undies (top and bottom), down parka, thinsulate mittens, wool scarf wrapped twice around my face, and fleece hat over my forehead and ears...all you could see of me was my eyes!  So, despite it being 10 degrees I managed to be fairly confortable. Washed the salt and sand off her paws (dipped in bucket and washed in warm water) much to her chagrin, although, I'm not sure why - she obviously avoids the brown slush and chooses to walk as much as she can on the packed snow.  Now, the house is 64 so need to stoke the fire.  Hard to keep up with it when it's THIS cold.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, while you braved the cold, Kargiver, I crossed off 5 things off my list.  Was able to do most of them in the l.r. where the afternoon sun streams in.  

Opened a can of tuna to put on my salad at lunch and shared with Cheerio.  Neither of us have had that in a while.  Made a mental note to open a can once a week.  Enjoying a nice hot cuppa green tea right now, before suppertime which will be a couple of large mushrooms sliced and browned/sweated in butter, then some chopped deli roast beef added to warm, and served over some elbow macaroni - corn on the side.  Wanted to make a grapenut pudding, but never got that far.  Tomorrow's another (cold) day!

Jeepers, you, I think, must be one of the caretakers in this world.  When I read your posts of all you are taking on with your marriage - care of MIL, joining two families, and now the possible addition of yet another sibling, this one who has problems - - it's a lot to take on.  Many lives to consider.

Pingo, soak up all that sun you can.  Unless the weather makes a drastic turnaround here, it will be a while before you can sit out in it again.  My kitchen, the back of the house, is the coldest in the winter.  Such a difference from the nice sun-warmed l.r.  Guess if I had my choice tho, that's the way I would pick it.  -  Speaking of which, want to slice up the mushrooms and get the other supper things ready.  5:00 sounds like a good eating time to me.

Winter, hope you were able to get DS to dentist and take care of that sore spot from his braces.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tt, good job sticking to your paperwork plan and staying warm.  

Yup, having a dog definitely forces me out there on days I'd definitely bag it.  It's good, though, for me to stave off winter weight gain (a struggle for me in years past).  Yeah, a photo is worth a thousand words!  I bet I was some sight.  I had my old, ripped parka on, a down rag, basically, and forgot to mention my running shoes.  Hilarious.  I ordered L.L.Bean winter walking shoes, but they hit my ankles and gave me blisters so I have to return them...hence the ventilated running shoes today!

I've got the stove absolutely full and cranked, and it's still only 64.  We're pushing the limits of the stove, apparently...we do have oil if we need more heat, but that would be a first to use them in conjunction.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

JC, bigger lunch than dinner is better for you just not traditional in America.  I'd LOVE to just have a snack and glass of wine for dinner, but dh gets home starved, of course.

oh, and tt, I forget how much I love tuna until I break open a can and enjoy it so much.  I like it how my mom made it, with miracle whip and chopped apples.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

DS made us a cheese and ham sandwidh for lunch w/ tomatoes and shredded carrots. Very very good. But we had early lunch, so we had a snack of hummus and a Margarita this afternoon. Waiting to leave for DIL's alumni cocktail party. Should be interesting. Nice to meet new people. The party is going to be at an English Pub, so I am thinking Shepherd's Pie or Fish'n Chips. Probably the latter. Everyone buy their own.
    I can't imagine you walking in that cold you have up there, Kar. Be careful; frostbites are no joke. Have one on my big toe, and I have no feeling in taht toe since then.
    Saw you can expect a major snow storm over the weekend. Is that still true? 
    Have a good evening everyone. Stay warm.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

A couple of days ago, I typed up a post that went *poof* We run our stove from october til April...We get oil too but as of last weekend we have only burnt 20 gallons. I have been turning the burner on in the a.m. just to toasty up my work area and I like to keep this working a little.

Honey just got back from a wake. It was the father of one of his clients, all his brothers went and we, the wives, stayed home. It is very cold

I walk for an hour in the morning...you just bundle up. I think the loseit program grants 188 for calories...but there really is no way to see how the extra weight of all the extra garments comes into play.

Hope this one makes it

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

regarding braces:  have them check his molar attachment - if something is scraping they (used to, anyway) have wax that you use to cover the pointy parts of the braces if they are rubbing on the inside of your mouth.  Because that rubbing, ripping and scraping HURTS!  Otherwise, the "shifting" feeling is actually the teeth moving - that tended to happen after I took off my head gear - for the first 10 minutes I could feel my teeth shifting and settling. Also after taking retainer off.  So I always took my head gear and later my retainer off about 10-15 minutes before a meal so I could eat.

My teeth are nice and straight, but it hurt a bit in the process!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Wow - that was a long walk Kar.  Tillie HATES the cold.  When we let her out, she just runs right back in, even with her fleece jacket on, lol.  I have to pick her up and put her on the grass and tell her to "go."  She then runs right back in to find her warm bed to snuggle up on.

Car said 3 degrees today.  However, I am lucky.  I go from my house to the garage to the car, to the garage at work - so basically I don't even have to go outside, lol.  No wonder my vitamin D levels are so low!

Stay warm everyone.  And Pingo - have a margarita for me - YUM!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

4 degrees here this morning, Pingo - enjoy that sun and heat!

Winter, how did you make out with your son at the dentist?

SS, hope DH's birthday party went well last night.  How could it not, with all those meatballs pkged to go home with your DDs!  I'd like some tonight, but that's one thing that's not in my freezer.

Another hunker down in the house day for me, with the thermostat cranked up to shut off at 72.  Had an oil delivery this week - sticker shock!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!  Finally able to get to the internet - we are having issues so if you don't hear for awhile that's it.  The cable guy is coming today; the TV is flakey, too.

Pingo, thanks for the frostbite warning - I feared it and even closed my eyes while Gracie played seeing eye dog to warm up my eyeballs, no joke!  Too bad about your toe.  

Icer, I thought we would have to burn some oil yesterday when I had the stove CRANKED and FULL, and the temp in the house dropped from 64 to 63!  But, it caught up soon, and we were at 67 by dinnertime.  Oh, and if you are doing loseit and want to account for the extra work of plodding with boots and being heavily bundled, you can always say you walked faster than you did.  Those mph choices really correlate to heartrates so the speed is less important than how hard you perceive you are working while you walk (or do any exercise).  Feel free to join us in the LoseIt thread!  It's Pingo, allready, and me right now, but all calorie counters are welcome (and anyone else with interest!).

Prin, funnily enough, Gracie hates the cold, too, and won't even do all her morning business if she doesn't have her coat and it's below zero.  But, a WALK, now that's another story - she'll half kill herself to go for a walk, lol.  Glad to hear the training looks promising. :)

CT, I remember that wax.  For me, there was the excrutiating JAW pain that made me nearly vomit and there was the discomfort of having my braces rub.  Two way different things.  It sounds like the former isn't so bad today as it was when I was 10...thank GOD.

tt, another paperwork day?!  Well, it's a good day to hunker down and do it, I suppose!  I really should take the hint and do a few things I put off, as well.

Trip East today got postponed.  Good thing, really, as I can't leave the stove without stoking it all day, anyway, and the cable guy is coming.  And, the person I was meeting got swamped at work, too.  So, it works out.  Looks like next week.

The party is this weekend, though, so we'll catch up a little before then.  I have a book of "Cordory" (the teddy bear) stories.  I'm also counting the snuggie from last year that was a little big as horrible as that may sound!  That was at least 2 birthday's worth of work, I think!

I hope I can post later, but if not, you'll know I didn't freeze to death. :)

Stay warm, everyone!

~kar

ETA:  JC, meant to mention I'm dying for you to try the Lobster Fra D. at Daily Catch and compare it to what you had in Italy.  I'd be in my food and wine glory there...YUM.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. I went home sick yesterday and that's where i am now, home. No temperature, but lots of coughing and lots of sneezing. When I picked up my DS yesterday he said his mouth was feeling better and didn't did to see the doctor. Kar, can't believe you walked in this weather, nothing could get me out in the weather like that. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Good morning everyone, looks like today is another stay in day....brrr.  Max also hates the cold, when I let him out to do his business, he complies, then runs right back in, if I'm not at the door waiting for him, he  will  jump at the door to get my attention.

tt, party was good, 3yr old GGS wat the hit of it tho, they are so adorable and funny.  Meatalls and sauce was a great treat, DD (ho didn't make it) nd GD both called to thank me for their supper.  I didn't have enuf sausages to give all, so I removed the skin, added to the meatball mx and were they ever good.....Have enuf in the feezer for 3 more meals, wish I could mail you some.  Sauce for swets, sound good??

Kar,, know the 3yr old will just love the Corduroy book of stories.  Good to get them interested in books early.  I time she will be reading to the trips...

Pingo,sounds  likeyour having a real good time in  TX. Enjoy the heat!

Take care and Keep smiling, ss        PS: don't know what hppened above.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Whoops, JC, sorry about the confusion!  Oh, and you wouldn't be that "bad friend" because on LoseIt I've totally had EVERYTHING (over Thanksgiving, 3 Christmas parties, 2 here, New Year's, and my birthday) I've wanted, just used a measuring cup to do it.  I've counted calories, not gone on a diet.  If I had to resist my favorite foods, I'd fail.  This allows all in amounts that keep you within budget on average.  I have weeks where I've been way over and way under, but the summary says I've been 11 calories a day from the target every day since Nov. 11 of last year.  I've lost 14 lbs and kept it off for 4 weeks...during the most fattening time of the year and without avoiding anything I wanted.  If I went over budget, I was mindful about my NET calories for the long haul.  Easy as...yeah, pie. ;)  (I went from a tight size 6 to a loose 2 - the size I was in college, and I just turned 41.)