January 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Re: January 2013

Kar, so happy you took care of Dougal.  I really don't understand some people.  That's actually how we adopted Buster.  We saw someone was leaving him outside all of the time.  We went to over there one day when people were outside and asked who's dog it was.  The ower said he was his but he was moving THAT DAY and was just leaving him there! ARGH.  So, needless to say we took him and he was the best dog I ever had!  I don't know how people can be so cruel.

Anyway, glad to hear of your success Pingo!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Quick note before I get started on the day - moving what I can out of the toyroom (got a call they will paint ceiling Sat), and taking hangers of clothing off my fallen closet rod and hanging them where I can.  This is an unplanned opportunity to put a lot of things that aren't worn much, right into a Vietnam Vets pick up bag.

Good thing I decided to drag the trash and recycling bin out yesterday (pick up is today because of the holiday) when it was warmer than I knew it would be today - recycling truck just came by.  Usually doesn't come til late afternoon.  Had a full bin and papers tied up to boot, so glad to have them emptied out.

Willl look in later to see how your conversation went with Dougal's owners, Kargiver.

Hope you're feeling better today, Winter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. I'm much better today thanks. I'm in work and ready for the day. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I've been addicted to Downton since the very beginning. I read the British newspapers online so I  know what's going to happen before the series even begins here, though.  I had also heard about Midwives before it came over but I only got to see one episode of that.

The author of the Downton series, Julian Fellowes, has written at least two novels; one is called SNOBS and it's about London society during the late '50s/early 60s.   The other is called Past Imperfect.  Both fun reads.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've been having trouble loading the forums that seem to be browser related...not sure, though, if it's our Internet issue or what.

anyway, while I'm able to post, the owners didn't even call.  I told the son that his dog would have literally died of hypothermia, and he seemed upset, but I doubt that got passed along.  I'm going to call them tonight or tomorrow; they aren't home during weekdays.

have a great weekend, everyone!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

It's BDC, Kargiver, I tried several times to get in to read the posts, and had the same trouble.

Hate waiting for someone to get back to me.  You have the conversation all ready in your mind, and then no chance to actually address them.  I'm sure, kid-fashion, he just told them that the dog was "shivering".  What did your husband think about the whole situation?

Cleared out what I could move, of the toyroom stuff, and ended up washing the floor.  Looks good, too bad there is a mess of stuff that has to go back in once the ceiling painting is done.  Haven't tackled moving my clothes other than about 5 pieces.  Realized the closet in the toyroom will make a good substitute hanging place until I can get a new rod up.  Had thought we had taken the rod down, but it's still there and in good shape.

Call from the library that a book I requested is in, so will run down after Y&R to have it for the week-end. 

I imagine others are having trouble getting into Chat too, so few postings since our flurry this morning.  If I don't make it again, have a good week-end everyone.  Kargiver, good luck with this Dougal thing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I had trouble too.  Kar, today we are the same age :) 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Happy birthday, Winter!!!

DH sees the situation exactly as we do.  And, yes, I'm sure in typical kid fashion he said, "Dougal was cold and they let him in."  I'm having no uncertain words with them.

Good to know the issue wasn't just me, but I saw posts from 2 hours ago, and I knew I couldn't get in then so figured others could post when I couldn't.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, Winter - so sorry, I noted when your birthday was at the beginning of the month - Happy Birthday!!  Are you going out to eat tonight?  What are your plans to celebrate ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Kargiver, glad you feel it needs to be more fully addressed with the owners.  I don't know how they could own a pet and be so careless with him in this cold weather.  What happens to him week-ends if they aren't home?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thank you for the birthday wishes. I'm having a couple of friends over for food and cake. I made a bazed ziti last night, so when DH gets home (if he beats me) he can put it in the oven. Chocolate cake from a local bakery and ice cream.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

There are people that choose to leave their pets out all day, unless there is a leash law in your town they are not doing anything wrong.

Granted that's not how you or I would take care of our pets.

However extreme weather is a concern, so hopefully you can convince them of the dangers of hypothermia and to make other arrangements during these times. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    I had trouble getting in yesterday; big time. This morning - no. I was surprised how easy I got in. Kar, your neighbors upset me. Can't imagine anyone being to callous, not to at least give you a call, and thank you. Maybe they feel shame - they should - and don't want to talk about it. Is he out again today?
    It sounds like you have gotten all your energy back, tt. Maybe I should let my rod fall down too LOL. I need to go through my clothes. Especially now, I am losing weight. 
    Went to exchange my pants last night. Then went for pizza sitting eating outside. I see your temps have edged up a bit, but still below freezing. What is it with the snow storm over the weekend? It that still on?
    Sorry, you are not feeling well, Winter. With the weekend ahead of you, you hopefully will be able to get better. 
    Watching Downton Abbye w/ DIL - season 2 - it is getting better and better.
    Don't know what we are doing today, but I have a good time with DS no matter what we are doing. I am fortunate, he can work from home. On and off, he has a meeting to attend, but that gives me time to read. I am feeling so relaxed and lazy these days. I think everyone needs that once in a while.
    Take care all and stay warm.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Happy Birthday, Winter. Is it the 25th already? The calendar dates and days of the week are eluding me here LOL. Have a wonderful day and a healthy new year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Pingo. When do you come back?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't think they feel shame, I think they don't get it.  Like robin said, they leave him out all day every day, and it's really none of my business, per se.  In fact, he'd be out at night, too, if I hadn't given them what for about the incessent barking.  I don't think they understand that he was literally freezing to death...but, they will after we have our little chat.

pingo, you definitely need new clothes, but hold off as long as you can - you're still losing, and what you buy today won't fit long.  I can't wear pants I bought just 6 months ago.  They are too big even on my worst days (you ladies know what I mean!).  Well, I suppose if you need to dress well for work you might need to buy more interim clothes, but go lean (pardon the pun!)

yum, baked ziti and chocolate cake!  Have fun with your bd dinner party, Winter!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Winter, Happy Birthday to you, hope you have a terrific day! ss

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks ss. I did get flowers and a balloon from DH. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nice!  Delivered to work?  How sweet!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes, Kar delivered here. :) Thanks Jeepers

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Very thoughtful of him, Winter. :)

JC, if you want to do LoseIt, you can get rid of anything remotely loose and make a dent that way first.  I need to go through my whole wardrobe and collect all the clothes that I'm ensuring will never fit me, again...that'll be fun!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Guys are here painting the ceiling, and when I told them my tale of woe, they also fixed the rod in my closet!  On them.  How nice.  Now, since I have all the clothes laid out on my bed, I've got to go through them before I can go to bed tonight!  One way of making sure I get it sorted and done.

Nice balloons and flowers at work, Winter.  That's fun.

Went to library and picked up the book.  Hoping it's a good one I can get into.  Not too bad, out, not the biting cold of the past few days.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I haven't been out yet, but can tell it isn't so cold - I have put 1/3rd of the wood in the fire today. We've gone through a forest these last couple of days!

How nice of them to fix the rod for your trouble, tt.  

Ok, time to walk Gracie really quick before our cable guy window of 3-5 begins.  30 minutes is better than nothing, right?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

What nice guys to fix your rod for you, tt. Probably their way to say, "Sorry for all the trouble, we gave you."
    Is Dugal outside today again, Kar? If you get a chance to talk to your neighbors, I would tell them you would report them for abuse the next time it happens.
    Had fish tacos for lunch. Had a craving for them, and off we went. Tex-Mex food is so-o-o-o-o good here in TX. It is a lot more Mex than Tex; tasty but not overly hot. In Boston, they use too many spices to make believe it is Mexican. Same old salsa, same old beans, same old sauces, and rice galore no matter where you go. Here I had two soft taco filled with fish, lettuce and tomatoes, served with lemon and lime and 3 different sauces.  All delicious. No rice and no beans. Healthy too.
    Chatted w/ DH. He is anxious to get back home. I am not; I am getting so spoiled here - LOL