January 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: January 2013

Hello everyone,
    It must have broken your heart leaving Tillie yesterday, Princess. But it sounds like you had no choice. The two dogs would never have been "friends". So happy for you, you found a home you are pleased with. I am sure they won't mind you come visiting. Hope your toe is doing better, and it is not bothering you too much. I broke my big toe once, and I couldn't wear shoes for a week or so. It swelled to it's double size.
    Had such a great day at the ranch yesterday. Drove around to look at the animals. They have so may baby animals right now. Tiny goats and calves; so cute. They also have a baby antilope, but we didn't see him. All the animal are roaming around free.
    We stopped for picnic. DIL had brought lots of cold cuts, bread, greens and condiments and we made our own sandwitches. Lots of fun. I can't remember, when I have been on a picnic last.
    Their cows are so friendly. They would come right up to us. I fed them by hand, and they nuzzled my hair. Quite an experience for a city girl. 
    I am glad for both you and I, that it is getting warmer up north. I am so spoiled here. Still a couple of days left, before I am heading home. Hope you all have a good day. Take care.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I forgot. Re your VitaMixer. I may be too late, as you probably have left already. But It comes on sale quite often. And if you look into websites like "Woots", you can pick one up at a large discount. Also Costco sells them for a lot less that WS f. ex. I bought mine at Costco for $100 less. It is almost worth for you to become a member ($40) to get that price. Costco also have free trial memberships.
    But whatever you pay, you will not regret it. It's a work horse. I use it for everything. The only thing I haven't been successful with is making soup in it from scratch. Used their Broccoli Soup Recipe f.ex. It had a poisenous green color; not appealing at all. But I use it to blend my soups, after I cook them the traditional way. Good luck!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Got out by 10:00 this morning, and hit a couple of stores (Home Depot, B&N, Staples, Paper Store) that were on my radar, but had escaped shopping for a couple of weeks.  Wasn't my shopping day, I guess, because I had a 30% coupon in the Paper Store, and couldn't find anything to buy ahead for birthdays or holidays.  Pumpkin is beyond the stuffed toy stage now, wants something like a truck that he can push around.  Did get some new ink cartridges and labels for frozen pkgs. (no more mystery thaw outs!), and then stopped for groceries, dangerously close to lunchtime.  Need I say more ?

Hope I'm not coming down with a cold, have been really chilled yesterday and today.  S&S felt freezing to me, and even this nice hot cuppa Irish Breakfast tea, isn't warming me up.  I need the sun - - bring it back with you, Pingo, please.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

@ Princess,  Obviously it would not be a good idea for you to visit the dog.

It would only confuse the dog and intefere with it's task of bonding with the new family.

Not to mention the havoc it would wreak on your emotions when it starts crying and wants to leave with you.

I'm sure you know this, but thought I had better mention it due to some of the posters encouraging you.

However,  an update via email from the new owners in a couple of weeks would be a nice gesture.

Best of luck. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning all.  Kind of a yucky morning out there - but I think the weather is supposed to get better.

Tillie's new family texted me and she is doing great, they adore her.  We have also connected via Facebook, so I can see pictures, etc. 

Spencer is so happy.  You can almost see him smiling, lol.  He always sleeps in his crate (we leave the door open).  Well, at some point during the night he came into our bed, lol.  He knows he rules the roost now!  I'm glad it all seems to be having a happy ending.

Pingo - when are you due to come home?  Sounds like you are having such a wonderful time.  When does your DH come back?

What's on the docket for eveyone today.  Winter - are you feeling better?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning!

I posted last night seconds before going to bed, and POOF, it disappeared completely.  So, I bagged it and turned in.

Anyway, Pingo, you were not too late - I'm going to shop the day I go in for lunch East this week (hopefully it works out this week).  So, there's a Costco, I think, in Framingham, and I'll absolutely check it out.  Thanks for the pricing heads up!!  I can't imagine I'm even considering spending this amount, but we DO have a need, I think, for all the use ours gets, for a heavy duty one.  You must be wondering where the week went as you get ready to pack.  At least you are not coming back to a deep freeze.  What a shock it would have been to go from 70s to 0s.

Princess, what a great end to a difficult story!  You must be sooooo relieved it's working out so swimmingly for everyone.  

Winter, I missed you were sick...hope you are not down with that cold.  It was ugly. :(

tt, how are you feeling today?  Warmer?  That "can't get warm" feeling is awful, isn't it, and so often a harbinger.  Hoping you really were just cold and nothing else!

Tulpis, mm, bg, Amber, Nov, CT, others?  Hope you know we are thinking of you and yours fondly. 

Time to make some coffee...we got a late start this morning, neither of us wanted to get moving.  

Blessings,

~kar

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Have switched over to IE and will see if I can post.  Using Chrome this morning had the spell check, and a different font/print, and then it wouldn't post when I hit that button.

Good night's sleep, dream filled, and slept late this morning, a morning when I should get out around 10:00.  We'll see, my car is covered, as is the driveway.  Not enough for the plow guy to come, but right now looks like more than I want to tackle.

Princess, wonderful news about Tillie.  What a fickle little dog - - just wants all the attention, which he's obviously getting in his new home.  And, lucky little Spencer, you're all his again!  Animals are funny.  Miss seeing my Harry (he'll always be "Harry" to me and Cat Lady!") out here mornings.  Find myself still checking to see if he's waiting under the shrub.  His owner stopped over to Cat Lady's house over the week-end with pics of him and her other cat (which isn't the fluffy little miss that hangs around with him).  She's trying to keep a tighter rein on him, had no idea he roamed so far.  YET, yesterday as we talked, Cat Lady said, "Oh, guess who just came into my  breezeway and hopped up onto the chair that has the blanket in it?"  Guess Harry loves us and know we feel the same about him.

Feel nice and warm this morning, Kargiver, so guess I just had a chill.  Time to get breakfast and get my hair dry.  -  Grey out there this morning, isn't it?  Hopefully this will post, and I'll check in later in the day.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. Kar, I was sick last week, but I'm feeling better. I still have a suffy nose. Princess, so happy to hear how well Tillie is adjusting. tt, I'm sure "Harry" knows the love you and Cat Lady have for him. I'm sure he'll come visit you at some point. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Novembride. Show Novembride's posts

Hi Everyone.  I have been checking in here and there to try and keep up.  I'm so happy that things have worked out for the best for both Tillie and Spencer. =)

We have "the cold" running thorugh our house as well.  Last week baby girl had it really bad but has bounced right back.  Three days later it hit DH, and now another three days later I have it.  Even puppy had to go to the vet.  Tummy issues for him, but still a visit and and a antibiotic!

I can't believe it'll be february in a few days.  Time is just flying by!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Happy for you, Princess - it looks like you have found a wonderful place for Tillie. I will be back in Boston tomorrow bringing some of the warm weather from here. DH is close to land in London right now, then off to Boston.
    tt, now that you found Harry's owner, did you ever find out, what happened to his leg? I am sure you will miss his visits. 
    Kar, you will love the VitaMix. It is expensive, but not if you  - like you are - are a serious cook. Another thing I like to mention. The mixer comes w/ the original tall blender glass. But they do have a 32 oz. blender glass - you can buy. Get it. It is a lot more convenient. And the blender will fit under the cabinets, whih the orginal glass won't allow. You will make a lot of small dishes, like Hummus f.ex, and it is a real pain to get it out of the tall blender glass. Remember, you cannot remove  the bottom, like you can on other blenders.
    DS and I had a "cooking class" day yesterday. He wanted to learn to cook some of the things I make, which he loves. So he was cooking under my instructions. We made several different kind of marinated herrings, and we made one of his most comfy dishes of all for dinner. 
    Going out this afternoon to see their TJ's. Brand new - the first one in TX. And I want to bring home some of their citrus fruit. I have room for a couple of bags. They also have a "World Market", which always is interesting to visit. Lots of good stuff there.
    Can't belive I am going home tmw. The time flew so fast. I had such a wonderful time. 
    Have a good day all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Even tho you've kept up with your posting while in TX, it'll be good to have you home again, Pingo.  You have, indeed, had a wonderful vacation.

Harry's owner said "something got ahold of him", that she had wondered if it was a fisher cat.  Asked if we had noticed his cheek was swollen too - we  hadn't.  His leg was shaved by the vet, but she didn't go into details.

Clearing the snow with my child size (short handled) shovel this morning, has pulled muscles in my lower back.  Silly me, should have gone down cellar and brought up the regular one once I realized the driveway would need a little work too.  Just took an ibuprofen and will have a hot cup of the Irish breakfast tea I bought yesterday.  It's sooo good.

Stopped by library to pick up Alice Munroe's new book - short stories.  Will have to put the other one I'm reading aside, this one is only loanable for 1 week.  I already forfeited my turn once before when I was sick.

Waiting to get up to the warmer temps tomorrow.  Hope the overnight rain doesn't rain on my lunch/poking parade.  Getting together with my cousin.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

TT, love Alice Munro - but much of her stuff is published first in the New Yorker so when one gets a 'new' book, one has often read many of the stories.  But really a great short story writer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo, you've had a wonderful visit with your DS and DIL, tomororw is supposed to be nice. tt, hope your back is feeling better. Nice to hear from your Novem, sorry everyone has had that cold. DS and I have had, DH (knock on wood) hasn't. I'll be heading out in a while. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Thanks, Winter.  I like to be in my tiptop condition when I get together with my cousin - she is older, and hasn't a thing wrong with her - AND hasn't much compassion/understanding for any aches/pains someone else has.  It's all in the genes.  Her mother and aunts all lived well into their 90's (Swedish stock).  lol  Don't want to be limping around in her sight.  Plus, stepped on the cat and did a quick step to avoid coming down too hard on her paw.  That did something to a muscle in my thigh that keeps telling me it may just give out, ready or not!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Supper tonight - have a couple of chicken legs in the oven that will be ready close to 5:00 and in the meantime having a bowl of tomato soup with saltines crumbled in it.  Nice cold glass of milk to go with.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Your dinner sounds good. Not sure what we are having, don't have DS on Tuesdays so we pick something up or go out. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tt, your cousin sounds like my (ex) step mother.  I have a bone deformity that isn't terribly obivous by looking, and when I visited them she used to walk me from Kittery to Portsmouth when I was ~10, and as tears streamed down my face she said, "Doesn't your mother make you walk anywhere?!"  I tried to explain, but...  It was plain too far for me to handle because of my hip problem but she was in great shape and didn't seem to care.  Otherwise, a lovely person.

Winter, I had the stuffy nose a few days and even wondered if I were getting sick, again, right away, but it did go totally away.  Hope the same for you soon!

pingo, safe travels!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Glad to see the temps are warm enough that there's no slick on the roads - here, at least.  Making my list of this and that I want to look for today, including a table lamp.  Have a slew of gift cards that I've got to remember to put in my pocketbook.

Want to get out my little book on animal tracks and identify the ones that went right by my slider during the night and then on up into the backyard.  Looks as tho they came from the street.

Hope you all have a good day.  Welcome home, Pingo, if you click on before I get back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Foggy and icy here; dh literally slid/scuffed his way to the car this morning.  Glad it's not slippery out east.

speaking of east, lunch has been postponed, again, due to work demands...darn it!

looking forward to a nice, warm walk with Gracie...it's been TOO COLD!!!  

have fun with those gift cards, tt!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shakersilly2010. Show shakersilly2010's posts

Kar, Did you dread visiting your stepmother?  I had an aunt like that, finally when I was old enough I told my Mom not to ask me to talk to her on the phone, I refused.  I can't tolerate folks who enjoy themselves at ohers expense.   ss

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

She is a lovely person, actually, and just didn't understand I had a real problem.  She thought I was simply out of shape and she was my only opportunity to learn to love walking places.  It was an honest misunderstanding, not a selfish thing on her part.  If she'd been truly selfish and mean I'd not have gone back...that's too bad that's how your aunt was with you.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to kargiver's comment:

She is a lovely person, actually, and just didn't understand I had a real problem.  She thought I was simply out of shape and she was my only opportunity to learn to love walking places.  It was an honest misunderstanding, not a selfish thing on her part.  If she'd been truly selfish and mean I'd not have gone back...that's too bad that's how your aunt was with you.  

That's a good example of when adults need to step in and explain the situation in very clear terms.

(Just poked my head in before heading out the door! )

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Goodmorning,
    I am packed and ready to go. But I received an e-mail from the airline, that my flight as well as my connection are both delayed. 
    DH trip has been noting but an obstacle course. His first leg landed 1-1/2 hour late yesterday, so he missed his connection in London. The airline gave him a hotel room, and our UK son took the train from Birmingham early this morning to visit with him. So the day is not completely wasted. Now we will arrive almost at the same time in Boston.
    This will be my last post from sunshine country. It was so nice to be able to stay in touch w/ you while away. I am shutting down this computer for now. Have a good day all. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. I'm wokring a half day today so I've had a busy morning. My son has a doctor's appoinment at 4 (latest they have) and I have to take my time in half or full day. Would be nice if we could take it hour intervals like my previous employer but oh well. It'd be an awesome day if not for the rain.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tt, my mother would have done that had I told her.

pingo, safe and happy (and easier than dh's!) travels.  We've been happy you could log in from afar, too!!!

winter, half, whole or nothing?  That's unfortunate. :(