January 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: January 2013

Yes half whole or nothing. Would be nice to just leave at 2 today, now I have to stay around here/his school for 2 hours and 45 minutes and then get to the doctor/hospital really early.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's something I can't say here so will say stinky instead.  

Very foggy here.  Was going to go out, but it's getting worse due to the rising temp and our still having snow on the ground.  Can't even see the driveway let alone the street.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Hello, hello! I am back on again. My flight from here is delayed, and I would miss my connection. So DS changed my entire itinerary until tomorrow same schedule. Could have taken a later flight today, but would have a long layover and arrive Boston really late. So, here I am, enjoying another day of sunshine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's great you get an extra day,but you're missing the warmest day of the season here!  Oh, well, that's still got to be 20 degrees less than there.  :)  enjoy your bonus visit!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Don't imagine anyone is on tonight - - postings get thinner and thinner. But, since I don't know if I'll be on tomorrow morning, will report on my day.

Had a great day,  lots of poking, but no spending of the gift cards.  The illusive quirky lamp I'm looking for, never materialized.  Will try some of the stores closer to home.  Had lunch at the Century House, a delicious Yankee pot roast, some of which I brought home and reheated for my light supper.  Finished off the bread pudding/whipped cream for dessert, and an extra topping of a Reese's peanut butter egg - should hold me for the night!

The sun never made its appearance until we were back in my cousin's condo, playing our Spite and Malice.  Temps were warm all day, but winds in the parking lots were definitely calling for hats - which I didn't wear.  Legs, hips, and other extremeties behaved, so there was no limping on my part, I'm happy to report.

Sorry your flight connections got skewed, Pingo, but so nice to have your DS rearrange everything to flow better tomorrow.  We definitely look forward to your return.

Predictions for a really windy, rainy night, rattling windows, lasting into the early morning.  Just hope it's all cleared before I have to leave about 10:30 for my annual physical.  Not looking forward to that, he'll find a multitude of things to complain about, not the least of which is my b.p.  "Well," I'll say,  "do something about it!  That's why I come to you."

Goodnight all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, tt, I'm here - dh will be home late tonight and won't need dinner. :)

I thought you were feeling well with your new bp med - no need to fear, I'm sure.  Too bad you didn't find your lamp.  good thing GCs don't expire, you can look to your heart's desire.

dh is bringing home Italian baked goods for me...too bad I'm already over my LoseIt budget.  Oh, well, I can make up for it tomorrow.  Yummmmm.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Oh, I do feel great, Kargiver.  but that's the danger of high b.p. - you can feel wonderful and have a too high reading.  Whereas mine should be 120 over 60 or70, it' still rummaging around high 150's over 80's.

Don't know what Cheerio is so perturbed about - I did leave food for her when I went out.  She's sitting around here with her back to me, and her ears back - probably mad because she couldn't find a warm body/lap to curl up on all day.  I had a couple of cups of regular coffee with lunch, so will no doubt be awake late tonight, that will make up for it, we'll snuggle together on the couch, me under the blue blanket, and her on top of it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, the "silent killer," sigh.  I thought that new med was working well for you, but maybe it's as easy a fix as adjusting the dosage.  He probably started you out on the least possible that could have worked so as to minimize the risk of any side effects.

poor Cheerio!  Gracie isn't a cuddler so she'd never be perturbed if we left her alone, lol.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Wow -it' crazy out there.  Between the wind and the giant puddles, it was an adventure to get to work!

Winter - my company is the same way, where we have to take time off in 4 hour increments.  However, we all work so many hours, it we need to leave an hour or two on occasion it's really not a big deal.

Have all day training today and tomorrow.  Something that I'm interested in, so I am looking forward to it.

Have a great day everyone!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Well, I'm on a bit.  Looking out window at the mess because someone didn't listen to the advice about not putting their trash out last night - it's all over the street now, AND my lawn.  The wind has died down here, just in the last half hour.  Listened to it howl around my house all during the night, and expected to see a lot more damage this morning.  Glad the winds will have died down before Pingo and DH are due to land.  Also, glad that most of it is supposed to be done before I leave for appt. at 10:30.  Hope all of you made out alright.  Kargiver, did you get hit hard out there?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. tt, good luck at your doctor's appointment. That stinks that you have trash all over the yard. At 3 am I the wind was hollowing so loud and I felt the house shake. Had trouble going back to sleep after that. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Good morning everyone. tt, good luck at your doctor's appointment. That stinks that you have trash all over the yard. At 3 am I the wind was hollowing so loud and I felt the house shake. Had trouble going back to sleep after that. 

Weatherman on BZ last night was saying that people might feel just that.  It howled all night here, but part of my awakeness was the fact I had 2 cups of regular coffee at lunch.  Don't see much damage around here - toyroom ceiling is dry - will check upstairs when I get home.  Wondering if Route 1 is flooded in its usual spots.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good morning, all,

Oh, yes, we heard the rain pound and the wind howl all night, too!  Gracie did, too, and didn't even grunt to come out and do her thing.  I could hear her in her crate sighing as if to say, "Gosh, I have to go, but it sounds awful out."  LOL, she's a character.

Too bad about the trash.  I bet the culprit is at work and doesn't know and will not go around picking up his trash when he gets home. :(  Did you ID the tracks you saw?

The rain took most of our snow.  We have a little around the tree line around the yard, and while smaller, the plow piles are still there.  The driveway is a muddy mess.  So much for having steamed the floors yesterday, ha ha ha.  

Best wishes at your appointment, tt - I hope he gets your bp dosage correct without causing any side effects.

I think I'll go out to lunch today.  The sun is coming out, and it looks like a lovely day.  I'd like to go clothes shopping, too, but don't want to spend the $$.  I ordered a Vitamix online for less than I could have bought it even at Costco.  There are so many models.  I got the 48 oz under cabinet one.  Gets all 5 star reviews from every place that sells them so I'm eager for it to come; I've been getting more and more frustrated wih my blender every day.  So, for the pleasure of the Vitamix I can wear baggy clothes for awhile.  Next time I go East I'll visit a consignment shop.  I just hate spending tons of money on new clothes when I can spend $5 for the same thing gently used.

Prin, have you tried loseit to gainit?  If your doctor has given you a calorie target, there's nothing easier to manage it than this program.

Time for the rest of my coffee...we got a super late start this morning since DH didn't get home from work last night until after 9.

Happy travels today, Pingo!  Hope it goes smoothly.

~kar

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Wrong - wrong - wrong about the trash owner being at work.  It's the people next to me, the screaming nutty parents with out of control boy.  they put theirs out last night and at 6:00 this morning it was already scattered all over the place.  As I put my own out and saw what some of their "trash" was that was all over my lawn, decided to bite the bullet and encase my hands in plastic  bags and go pick it up.  Absolutely disgusting - wasn't food products, if you get my meaning.  My first impulse was to go knock on their door, but given the wife's crazy behavior, decided I didn't have the wherewithal for that this morning - then my b.p. reading would have been through the roof when I got to the doctor's.  It's all in a trash bag now and I don't have to look or think about it any more.  More of her trash is in the middle of the street and across the street too, but noone else has picked up any.  I wouldn't have it it weren't on my lawn.

The sky here got so dark and then we had a real downpour for about 10 minutes.  Hoping that's the last of it.  I've 20 more minutes before I have to leave.  Guess I will go the Route 1 way even tho there are spots where that may be flooded.  I'll check the boards later this afternoon.  Hope everyone got to work safely.  G.T. emailed that it took him twice as long as usual.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OH, GROSS!!!!  But, wise idea to not poke that bear. :(

We, too, had a downpour after it looked like it was over, but since the sun came out it has stayed out.  I think it really is wrapping up for the day across the state, West to East.  The commute home should be a lot more pleasant.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

That's terrible TT. In my town, you can't put trash out until 7am on trash day. They must have heard the wind and knew what was going to happen. Oh well. There's on in every neighborhood!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

oh tt, that's just gross!! We are allowed to put our trash out the night before, DH does it as I'm leaving for work at 6:50.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Sounds like you had some bad weather up there. Spoke w/ DH a bit earlier. He didnt mention it. He came home last night ok, but is right now at the doc's office. Has a terrible cold, cough and fever. I insisted he go, remembering you all went through it. 
    Nothing worse than a neighbors trash all over your property. We had that, where we used to live. Mostly because of roaming dogs. We are alowed to put ours out the night before - after dark. But people still put it out, whenever they feel like it. DH put ours out in the morning, and we are lucky, as the collectors come to our street first thing in the morning. 
    Checked my flights and the are on schedule as of now. Hope it stays that way. Leving the house in an hour.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's gorgeous here, now, Pingo - I bet your flights will be ok.  The bad weather is out to sea.  Happy travels!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm back, and brought the sun home with me.  Still windy, but oh, so nice.

Doubling new med, but otherwise, everything is fine.  He found no fault with anything, and actually left it up to me about increasing the med, said the dosage I was on was not even a maintenance dose- so, I'll give it a shot.  Speaking of which, got a booster tetanus shot which included a booster against whooping cough.  Said they have had 4 adult cases of whooping cough show up in their office.

Gouging myself with a cup of coffee and the bag of Brach's Mellocreme Easter candies.  Yummy.

Trashmen have come and gone, but more of her spilled stuff has appeared on my lawn.  I'm not going out.  The h*ll with it, the wind is blowing, let it keep going right on down the street.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What a picture, Jeepers, newscasters would probably like to have that one.

Sun is so bright now.  Think the temps get colder tomorrow, but haven't had a chance to catch any news/weather today.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Yes it gets colder for next six days at least, possible snow on Sunday...and flurries tomorrow....I am crazy busy but do check the posts.  Pingo hope you are home safe soon, and DH recovers.  TT glad to hear the meds are doing the job and I hope the increase does not cause problems. 

There are always barrels blowing around the streets here because the darn trash guys leave them everywhere.  Monday I picked up two barrels, one lid and a recycling bin left in the street and put them back on the sidewalk.  Mind you, I fail to see how one house could need two large wheelies and two regular trash bins and only one recycling bin.  I have one trash barrel that I never fill and a recycling bin that I always fill.  Burns me that people don't recyle as they should.  However, I always park in front of these people's house when I work so I regard picking up their bins as their payback.  The people across the street have trash day two days before my side, and so their trash is always blowing over here.  Plus for as long as I have lived here, over 20 years, I have been finding Parliament cigarette packs and butts discarded on my lawn.  Only one neighbor has been here longer than I have and I don't think he smokes.  And I have no sidewalk so most people don't walk on my side.  So where are they coming from?  It's a real puzzle. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Probably the same place the pages of the Herald, coke containers with straws, and MacDonald wrappers come here - drive by toss outs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Icer, are you still watchng Y&R?  I've missed the last two episodes where Jason has made an appearance.  He was Sonny's henchman on General Hospital.  Always liked him.  Found Cat Lady and I have that in common too - she's a Y&R fanatic.  We've exchanged email addresses so we don't get tied up on the phone for an hour at a time!  Any way, looking forward to catching the whole program tomorrow.

Sections
Shortcuts