January 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Re: January 2013

Heard through the grapevine?  Why on earth wouldn't they call you themselves to let you know his improvement.  It must have been obvious to them how upset you were over the whole incident.  People are funny.  Thank gawd he's made a recovery (hopefully).

That Boo Boo program, I've never watched, seeing the advertisements for it when they appear on my screen before I can change the channel, make me cringe.  What on earth were producers thinking to put trash like that on, and what's the matter with the extended family that they didn't say, "Hey, you guys.  You know they're just making fun of you, don't you?  Do you want the whole viewing audience to watch you make a spectacle of yourselves?"  I suppose money they are paid is the bottom line.  I wouldn't be willing to do that for all the tea in China.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

She's picked them to build a home for, because they're in the spotlight.  If she just picked a family in NJ or NY whose home was destroyed during the storm, news reporters might not even cover it.  That's my belief, anyway.  Added publicity for her.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

All I dare say is that, yes, they know how upset we are, and as for why it's going down this way, well, it really has nothing to do with us, per se, and we are processing it as best we can.

Unbelievable re the house...totally agree with tt's assessment.  I think the theme is "extreme selfish behavior" today.

honestly signing off for now, but you can tell where I'd rather be. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yes, this board is addictive.  I am really going out now, tho I tried to talk myself out of it.  Have things to do, and tomorrow is rolling, cutting, and baking gingerbread men in anticipation of GD coming after school to put red and green scarves on them.  Still have a lot of cleaning to do in the house today too.  Hard put to know where to start.  At least the big job like washing floors is done.  Cheerio is following me from room to room, crying, reminding me to give her some kibble before I leave - just in case I don't come back !!  I heard her a minute ago and she had opened the door to the liquor cabinet - that's a new one!  Maybe she needs a stiff drink instead of that sissy milk I give her every morning - - and yes, lurkers, I know milk isn't supposed to be good for them, but all my cats have loved their little dribble in the morning.

Off now.  I'll check in later.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    So sorry to hear you need to find a new home for Tillie, Princess. I am sure you are doing the right thing, but it is no less painful. People don't like people, and we can just avoid, whomever we don't like. But our pets cannot.
    Kar, I am happy to hear your guest dog is doing well now. But why did you have to hear it through the grapevine? That is odd to me. What makes them not call themselves? I hope the incident didn't make a tear in your relationship. And your "favorite" BIL is coming for a stay over. You are a saint. You are still trying to get over your cold, so I wouldn't worry much about the house. As long as the bed sheets are clean, that is all that matters. Even if he tells your inlaws your house is filthy, so what? They know you better.
    So you are definitely living next to a jerk, tt. At least he angled around the bag; he could have driven right over it. But it would have been a neighborly thing to do to put the bag back where it belonged.
    I am so glad I don't have the time to watch TV in the daytime, so I am completely oblivious to the trash shows you are mentioning. I saw honey-boo-boo once on YouTube. Was totally discusted; don't like families, that exploit their children. When our oldest were 15 months old, we had some pictures taken in one of the photo studios in Boston for a passport. He was very photogenic, and the studio had w/o our authorization enlarged one of the photos to 2 x 3 and displayed it in their window. We had several agencies contact us; they wanted him as a model. But our answer was a firm "No". It would have paid handily for his education, but we didn't want to expose our son to that kind of life.
    I have been postponing going to Costco, but I must today. I am not keen on going there this windy morning, but I have no choice. That parking lot is terrible.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

There's more I could say, but must refrain.

eh, I'm clearly not too awfully concerned if you go by what I've gotten done this morning, lol!

I'm heading out in the gorgeous sunshine to walk Gracie and get that out of the way right now.  Then, to the grocery store, back to spruce things up, and then it will be time to bake and cook dinner.  The day is practically over!  ACK!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Both of you ladies, it's WINDY out!  Oh my gosh, stopped in the CVS on Route 1 and almost got blown out onto the highway!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yeah, it IS!!  Just got back, and kept up a good pace to be warm, but my face could have used a scarf!

if you are out and about, tt, can we hopefully assume your meds are a good fit for you?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I believe they are.  B.P. yesterday afternoon after only l/2 dosage in the a.m. was down quite a bit.   I'll try it again this afternoon after I've done something and rested.  Brought 4 bags to S&S, which of course still wasn't enough, but those baggers don't know the meaning of, "Don't put too many heavy things in one bag."  Like parking in front by the stairs and lugging them in that way.  Wheelbarrow is partially covered by snow now anyway, and front is sunny where back is always in the shade.  Treated myself to a couple of scoops of Brigham's vanilla ice cream that was on sale today.  Now to scout up some lunch and watch Y&R.  Hoping for a better episode.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's great, tt!  Hope it continues and that concern gets crossed off the list. :)

hm, lunch...starving.  BIL won't be here until dinner as I suspected, thankfully. So, maybe I'll go out for lunch before hitting the store.  Yeah, that's the plan.

bye, again

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

You must live a lot closer to places to eat and shop than I picture.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lol, uh, sort of.  Picture 50's choices nearby.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

That's scarey.  I know the buildings are built to have a little give during high winds, but still scarey none the less.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt, I got caught in  a couple of phone calls, and something to do for DH before leaving. So I saw your wind-blown-away post before I left from home. Thanks for the warning. I decided to postpone Costco until tmw. Just don't like that parking lot - especially in a weather like this. Now in my office, but I can hear the wind houling around the corners. Sent out for pizza for lunch. Was in no mood to brave the wind.
    Good your meds are working w/o side effects. Hope it will last.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Yeah, well, I could take a little nap this afternoon!  But I won't, too much to get done.

I know what you mean about Costco's parking lot.  That's always a wind tunnel.  Hate the walk in from there.

Forgot about the crockpot this morning, so will oven barbecue the pork ribs for tonight.  Same glaze, mustard, ketchup and brown sugar, and lay them on a bed of sauerkraut.  Just have to check somewhere and see temp and time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Went to our little 50s diner and podunk grocery store, lol, and saw quite a few townies I enjoy chatting with.  Had a lovely corn chowda and slice of strawberry rhubarb pie, too.

indeed, I'd be unnerved to hear the tower creak, JC.  I have a friend who used to work there who said the same thing about the high wind and the obvious swaying.

to work with me!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Working around here, working up an appetite - that sauerkraut smells sooo good with the barbecue ribs baking on top of it.  Mmmmm now what to have with.  Oops, time for Dr. Phil.  Will drymop, polish my bedroom which is right off the l.r., while I listen/catch a few glimpses of his show.

Your lunch sounds good, Kargiver.  I picked up another pkg. of strawberries this morning.  the last batch I had were delicious.  Love them sliced in a bowl with bananas.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Man, those ribs sound good.

I'm not too into the sensational news story Dr. Phil shows, but it's on while I clean.

oh...Gracie knows what time it is - just got the "dinnertime whine," just 3 minutes after 3.  Funny how she can do that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Cheerio has climbed under the comforter in here (in the sun btw), and she will sleep there until 4:00 p.m. most days, sometimes she goes a little over, but never past 4:30, then out to the kitchen she goes, sits by her dish, and waits!  Of course by 6 p.m. she's forgotten that she's already eaten her supper!

Back to my cleaning.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Gracie and Cheerio are too funny with the food. Yoda gets breakfast at 6:30 am and dinner between 10:30 and 11 pm. However, if I haven't fed him by 7:30 (Saturdays) he meows and cries and stalks past the bowl.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Winter, tell us about the march of the people - how did everything go?  What did the teacher say about the project the kids had worked so hard on?  Are the "people" still in school, or did the kids bring them home already?  Do they know the grade they got yet?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I didn't see the parade of people. I know the students had a gallery walk yesterday. One group stood next to their person and the other group walked around and asked questions, etc. to the other kids. I believe they are having another one tomorrow and the principal will come in and view them. Not sure when "he" is coming home or when the grades will be given. I was at the door to the classroom Monday with our person waiting for the teacher and she he looked great. :) Told me one of the ones that came in Monday scared her, when I saw him I agreed he was scary.