January 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: January 2013

tt, glad your gathering was such a good time. Great you will have another little GGS. Does pumpkin's mom have something wrong that she had a small window? I was told the same thing due to a condition, and had three miscarriages before I had my sweet little boy. Did you get your cabinet for your kitchen? That's great that your boys did the clean up for you. 

We watched the game and had steak and cheese subs at halftime.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good Morning,

TT - glad your party was a success - and what exciting news!  A new little one for you to spoil!

We have decided not to rehome Tillie to the lovely family we met.  Although they were very lovely, we just don't think the townhouse situation (no yard) is ideal for Tillie.  DG - I understand your concern, but Tillie is wonderful with children.  DH's nephews are here every Sunday and play and play with her without an issue.  I did tell the family we met that I have never seen her with a baby, but no dog should ever be alone with a baby anyway.  We will continue on to find someone, but will also continue to be very picky.

Trying to get things wrapped up this week.  Does anyone have any good plans for the week?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

tt, what a fun post of exciting news!  So pleased after all that work and with your looking forward to celebrating with dear family that it worked out so well.  Liberace hat - cute!  Another baby - that's great!  perfect difference in ages imo.

prin, I'm sure you'll find a great place for Tillie that accommodates her shortcomings and maximizes her strengths that she will do well and everyone will be happy.  Too bad this one didn't work out, though.

getting ready for a very busy morning - chiroprcactor, dentist, and snowmobile reg for BIL.  He is planning to go riding down here with dh this year. They are bemoaning the snow loss.

gracie is out with her boyfriend so hopefully that means she's taking care of any business that would make her uncomfortable while I'm gone.  We don't leave her outside alone anymore.

another cuppa then a sprint to get ready and out the door.  Need to get some new jeans.  I've gone from wondering if I can zip anything up to having only one pair of jeans I can't pull down without undoing. Not a bad problem to have, but on the other hand I don't have anything to wear.

have a great day, everyone - won't be back 'til this afternoon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Princess, I think you have to go with your gut feelings re rehoming Tillie.  I've learned over the years to always listen to mine.  Too bad Justin Silver, "Dogs in the City" TV show, wasn't around here instead of NYC.  He seemed to work wonders with all kinds of problems.

Yes, Winter, she does/did have a problem, but I can't remember exactly the name of it.  She had had a miscarriage at 5 months before she carried pumpkin.  Yesterday, when the gift pictures she had given of him were being showed around, her father (my intown son) said, "Well, here's a picture that showed up at my house - " and handed me the sonogram, saying it was Pumpkin's brother.  Even then it took me a few minutes before I understood, we were all so used to thinking that pumpkin would be it for them.  We're all excited and are praying for a full term delivery of a healthy little boy.

G.T. did bring down my new cabinet, and it is beautiful, white with the wood grained top.  Today I'll line the shelves with shelf paper (I just happened to have!) and get some of the bowls, and other things set up in it.

One of the gifts I got yesterday from Lilly and her siblings was an unusual puzzle, it's 8"x24", 300 pieces!  That ought to be interesting to put together.

Breakfast this morning will be what I as a kid used to love Christmas morning and following mornings, gingerbread men dunked in whatever hot drink I was having!  I was warning 20 yr. old grandson yesterday to be careful not to break his teeth, that they had come out hard, and he laughed, saying, "They're not as bad as you're making out"!  I see he filled a bagful of them to take.  I had made a double batch of the Spanish Creme, thinking there'd be plenty to send along home with oldest son, and some to keep for myself.  I thought we were the only ones who really liked it - I never even got a spoonful.  GD was feeding it to the baby, he loved it, and she and others took containers home.  I'm going to make up a regular size of the recipe for myself today.

Back to the real world this morning.  All shopping is over, making sure each basket is brimming full and interesting.  One funny thing that happened in the opening of the baskets -  because intown DIL is having a shoulder problem, my son was the one opening their basket and taking out each thing.  At one point I heard him say, "Oh, olive oil dressing.  That'll be good on my salad".  I looked over and what he had taken out was a bottle of olive oil shampoo I had bought where I get my hair cut - my DIL had liked the same brand conditioner, and I thought she might like to try this too!  "Wait a minute," I said.  "Lucky I was watching you - I wouldn't pour that on any salad!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. I'm home with a sick DS son. He had a fever of 102, he's taken some Tylenol and its at 99 currently. Sadly, he has to go to the orthodontist later today as he gets his braces next Monday.

tt, too funny that your son thought the shampoo was dressing for his salad. I wish for your GD a great pregnancy. I'm sure pumpkin will be keeping her very busy throughout. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sounds like your son is coming down with some form of this flu/virus going around, Winter.  They say the temp is the sure giveaway.  Last thing you feel like doing if you're under the weather is have someone working around your mouth.  Maybe you could reschedule?  Most likely the orthodontist doesn't like working on patients potentially coming down with the flu either, and would be understanding about setting up another appointment.

Haven't heard the weather forecast, but another dreary morning here.  Grey skies, and a little mist in the air.  Hopping in the shower, and getting started on a day where all thoughts aren't  turned to getting the baskets and get together ready.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Talked to the doctor. She's not convinced it's the flu, since he's eating. We are going to stop by to her a little later. Wasn't expecting to be home today.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I was told there are so many virus and different strains of the flu.  As sick as I was, because I wasn't running a temp, they said it wasn't the flu.  Whatever it was - horrible.  Good the doctor will check him out today so if it is one of those viruses that responds to antibiotics, he can get started on them.  Hope he feels better, poor kid.

Funny, had a message when I got out of the shower this morning from the Cat Lady.  She has been sick for a week now, but said she thinks she found where Harry lives - or at least hangs out.  The other day she and her husband took a ride around the neighborhood and saw Harry and another fluffy young cat that hangs around her house, sitting on the deck of a house a couple of streets over from us.  She said there used to be an old man who lived there, but she was feeling too crumby the day they saw them to knock on the door.  Once she is better she is going to go back and see who's living there and if they consider the cats theirs, and what she can do about getting them to take better care of them, i.e. keeping them in at night at least.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Winter call the Ortho even if it's not flu they still might not want the exposure...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to princess-cal's comment:

Thank you for acknowledging my comment,  I was wondering if you had considered contacting the shelter where you adopted her from, they understand when these things don't work out.

They may have a family that has been screened and is waiting for a Boston Terrier type, and I bet they would include you in the decision making process.

Check with Northeast Animal Shelter,  believe me they are careful who they adopt to,  often people call asking for specific breeds.

Best of luck,   Robin/aka dog-lady

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    So happy for you, tt, that everything worked out so well for you. And congrats with the little new GGS. Hoping for an uneventful pregnancy for your GD.
    Interesting the Cat Lady found Harry's home. That will put an end to all your speculations, and good to know, he does have an owner.
    I am sure you will find a good home for Tillie, Princess. And I feel your decision not to do the townhouse, was in the best interest for Tillie as well as the family with the young children.  I am hoping you find an older couple without children living at home. Since Tillie is not used to live with children, it will be stressful for her.
    Winter, I know it is none of my business, but if me, I would postpone that appointment. I can't imagine the orthodontist would want to work on a sick child, with the chance of transferring whatever to his next patients. Besides, is DS really up to it today? I hope DS will feel better soon, and it is indeed not the flu.
    Getting ready to leave for the office. Got a lot out of the way yesterday, but still lots to do, before I can leave. You all have a good day.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Often people that avoid going through the shelters,  know they won't pass and/or don't want to be bothered with the screening process.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Pingo, seems as tho you're really on a work treadmill lately.  Glad you will have a chance to visit your TX son and relax a little.  When are you planning on flying down?

Did a little leftover pick up this morning, and straightening out.  Pleased to see there wasn't much food left, only a couple of squares of lasagna and scraggles of half moons and gingerbread men.  No problem there, I'll dispose of them in no time!

Sun is out now and I'm tempted to run out, but have a couple of appts. tomorrow that will take up most of the day, so I'll stick to my original inhouse plans for today.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to JeepersCripes9's comment

[/QUOTE]

But, dogs are comparable to 3 year old children,  most of them do shed, drool, occasionally vomit and have accidents.

So, if you guys are very involved in your careers right now, make sure you give it a lot of thought and know what you're getting into before you proceed.

BTW: The small dogs have the same needs as the big dogs, although some breeds might require more exercise.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Hats, did you watch Downton Abbey last night?  I was confused as to when it actually ended, watched until 10 of 10 and then it seemed to end - a lot of cruise ship ads, and then seemed to be repeating what I had just watched.  I shut it off at that point.  Was there more, or did it really end that early?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Thanks Robin, but we would never consider putting her in a shelter.

JC - I wish you could take her too, but they do shed a bit even though it's short hair . . . and they do snort (very dainty, lol). 

I was talking to my hairdresser who told me about a "boot" camp up in NH where the owners train police dogs and have been trained personally by Cesar Milan ("The Dog Whisperer").  It's pretty pricey, but I put the bug in my DH's ear and he sounded interested too.  So, we'll see!

What a beautiful day!  I took the pups out and we played Frisbee just like a spring day!  Tried to soak up some of that Vitamin D!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I just got into Downton Abbey this new season (it's week 2).  Everyone was saying, do you watch Downton Abbey.  Figured this new season I would.  Love the interaction of the characters.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

In response to JeepersCripes9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, I have had dogs all my life, so aware of all the issues/stuff that comes with owning one :) The shedding is why we are looking at hair vs fur breeds.

[/QUOTE]

Have you thought about a Chinese Crested?

Check out these cuties!

http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?location=02130&animal_type=Dog&pet_breed=chinese+crested&pet_age=&pet_gender=&name=&startsearch=Go

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Well, they don't shed and they are small,  are you sure he's okay with having a dog...

http://www.petfinder.com/dog-breeds/chinese-crested-dog

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Jeepers, one of my sons has a shiz tsu, and they are adorable, very friendly and loving, but need a lot of companionship and attention and petting.  They love to play, and are great with kids, but I don't know how well they would do being alone all day while you both were working.  I think they would get too lonely.  This is just my impression watching Reese.  Keeping up with bathing and grooming is a necessity with these little guys too,

Sections
Shortcuts