January 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Re: January 2013

Great, just be aware that those maltese/shih tzu/poodle types that don't shed need to go to the groomers every month (minimum every 2 months) for about $50 not including the 15%/20% expected tip.

They tend to have lousy teeth and have to be watched for ear infections.

Otherwise, they are adorable

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

A puppy might be a handful at first though, just saying.

Ideally it's best if you can offer them a bathroom break at least every 4 hours...but you've had dogs before so you know what I'm talking about.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Sounds like a shih tzu would be a good fit all around.  Another cc member, ambergirl, just lost hers last year, sadly; Amber is missed.

had a good morning at the chiropractor and snowmobile registration, but the dental appt got rescheduled; the hygienist is sick.  

Watched a pretty depressing movie on IFC, "Affliction," and am behind for it.  Must walk Gracie and get back to make cookies, put the Christmas stuff away, and start dinner.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

One more thing to consider with MIL and shih tsu- they are fast little devils and do run back and forth under your feet.  Could be a potention for tripping her.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Get a playpen from the Goodwill and put the pup in it with some kong/chew toys, put newspaper/pee pads down, that's what I used to do, it works till they are a few months old and can get in the habit of going to the bathroom outside.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Reese is a few years old, 4 now maybe, and is still full of energy, never see him walk, he's always running, a bundle of energy.  Long after you want to stop playing (throwing or rolling something for him to fetch and bring back to drop at your feet), he's there with a little "woof", bum wagging, waiting for the game to continue.  Adorable, adorable and so good natured, but he is a bundle of energy.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, the Nick Nolte one, JC, that's the one...downer, huh?!  I lived in a far north NH town much like that in high school.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lol, yeah, a bit.  ;)  I told dh before we got married that I don't want to live any further into "nowhere" than we are here in the Quabbin area.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Winter, how is DS doing?  What did the DR say?

Yes, Kar, I miss Amber too I hope she's doing ok.

MM and BG - hope you can check in soon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

JC - that's what we do, MIL has an apt attached to our house.  She lets the pups out when we are working (we have a fenced in area for them), and we also have a dog walker come.  They adore "Nana," and she loves them.  She even feeds them for us in the pm.  Sometimes she does it even if we are home because she loves to do it.  It really works out great.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

DS seems be doing fine. Not sure if he can go to school tomorrow because he has a bad cough now, so we'll see in the morning. If he needs to stay home DH will stay with him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

hope he's better tomorrow....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

JC, LOL!!!! Uh, yeah...it's "not for me," either, but more power to people for whom it is!  :)

ETA: Winter,, I hope DS doesn't get sicker.  Even just this cold has been awful...can't imagine flu.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Hope your son is feeling better today, Winter, and that it was only the cold version of the flu - Kargiver and I know that is bad enough, right, Kargiver?

I will be out most of the day today, so may not be on again.  Hope you all have a good one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. DS is home with DH today. Believe it's just a cold, but better he stay home another day. He wanted to go to school yesterday and today, as he hadn't missed a day yet. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, tt, we know full well, unfortunately, how awful this cold is even if it's not as bad as the flu.  

Winter, I hope he gets over it quickly and doesn't suffer too much in the meantime.  I found children's Dimetapp (grape liquid) very effective for this one, and it didn't seem to make me more tired/sleepy than the cold itself did.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    Smart mom you are Winter. To keep DS at home for another day. Even though is may "just" be a cold, his immunity is weakened and he has a greater chance to catch the bad stuff. Does he have fever? How is the cough?
    Worked late last night, but I am now in a pretty good shape, so I can leave next week. Still lots of work to do though. The government asks for so much redundant stuff. In the IT world, one should think, they all could access the same sources. Some has to be e-filed, some has to be mailed. Everything has to be done in a certain way, or you will get it back and fined, as if you haven't filed on time.
    Having a few loads of laundry going, so I can get DH ready for his trip. He neeeds warm weather clothes, and I always like to freshen them up after being put away for a while. Just noticed this morning, that the temps in TX is as they are here right now. So I can just pack, what I am wearing right now. I am not bringing very much; I have all the essentials already there. Will try to do with just a carry-on.
    Better get ready. The office is waiting. HavE a good day all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

The govt could save so much money just by streamlining.  Aggrevating to deal with in the trenches and to pay for...sigh.  How is the renovation, Pingo, done?  How do your people like the openness?

CA is cold, too, right now.  Talked to my brother in the San Jose area, and it was in the 30s...same as it was here at the time!

25. This post has been removed.