January 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: January 2013

Oh, man, that stinks, JC.  I hope they get the guy.  To betray trust like that...unbelievable.  It's worse than the stealing itself, I think.  But, if they didn't set the alarm, how do they know it was someone with the code?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

That's really too bad, and the regret they have to live with for not having set it, too...the whole thing is awful.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Some excitement you have JC. Too bad for your boss.
    I saw someone break into my neighbor's home. At first, I didn't think it was a break-in. Thought it was a friend to their son's borrowing his stereo. Teenagers do that. I went outside with my dog, and when the guy saw me, he bent his license plate, so I couldn't read the number, and took off. But he was really stupid, he had an off-color VW, so the cops caught him the next day. Of course w/o the stolen goods. He was a drug addict. Fortunately, our neighbors had just returned from living in China for several years, so all the stereo was brand new. They got the full replacement value from the ins. company. They had some high value items, they had brought back from Asia, but the thief didn't touch any of them. Maybe I just interferred in time. But our neighbors told us afterwards, they felt so violated having someone breaking into and rummaging their home.
    Hope they find out, who broke in. The pool guy is a good suspect. So far, we have never let anyone in the house, w/o one of us being there. I know people, who do that on a regular basis. Me? I wouldn't have a quiet moment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

This I never understood. Why do people spend so much money on arming their home, when they don't set them, when leaving the house? We set ours, even when at home. We have two settings. Stay and Away. Stay doesn't activate our motion detectors. It has become a second nature for us to set them. Even for our kids when they grew up, and now when they visit.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Walking Graice...have no real drive today, but am dressed and ready to go.  She needs it and so do I...  Did the stepper this mornin and wish I could go down and do the elliptical, now, but that won't help the dog, lol.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Steve Young former QB of the 49ers? 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

2 Inches of snow? Says who and where?

Finished a lot of the end of year work today. But my head and shoulders are aching now. Had to use the typewriter and I am not used to it any more. W2s are confidential info., soI had to do it myself. Tomorrow will be the 1099s. And I will be done.
    Leaving now - tmw. is another day. You all have a good evening.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Very cool, JC!

too bad you have to do all the tax stuff yourself, Pingo, but sounds like you have it well in hand for your absence.

entered food I didn't end up eating for lunch into LoseIt so had it for dinner for "free" - yahoo!  Good thing after a big binge yesterday, lol.  between a walk and using the stepper I got a big dent in making up for it today.

how is DS, winter?

tt, how are you doing post party?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Traffic is moving by my window a little slower this morning.  When I got up around 5:00, there was no snow, was surprised at 7:00 to see everything covered.  There is so much traffic going by here, I'm wondering if one of the adjoining streets is closed off.  Maybe I'm just noticing it more because of the white snow and quietness of the tires on it.

Winter, how your son is feeling better each day. 

Out for most of the day yesterday, so didn't check the boards.  Stopped at our local deli on the way home and picked up roast beef, cheese, potato salad and rolls, and enjoyed a supper of that with a beer.  

My son stopped by yesterday and picked up the Christmas/birthday packages, plus the gingerbread men and supplies to decorate them.  Now all that's left to remind me of Christmas are two gifts to girlfriends, when we get together for lunch.  I'm a little leery of restaurants with all the flu going around, keep postponing it.  Looking forward to spending one of my gift cards in Home Goods.  We moved the cabinet that had been behind the kitchen door into the room off the kitchen, next to a wicker chair where I sit to read.  Want to find just the right lamp to set on it.   Also have to put on my list some different light bulbs.  The ones S&S carry seem to blow out awfully quick.

Hope all of you that had to get out to work this morning, had an uneventful ride, and I say to those of us that can stay home today - lucky us!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Tried to get in to edit "how" to "hope" in my sentence about your son, Winter, but it kept telling me to "fill the fields".  Guess we have a little glitch on the edit function.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning.  Winter, hope DS is feeling better.

Your dinner last night sounds yummy TT!  Pretty snowy over here.  Supposed to go out to lunch with my Mom, SIL, and niece today - but we'll see.  Mom doesn't like going out in the snow, plus it's very difficult to push her in the wheelchair when there is snow on the ground.  She needs snow tires on that thing, lol.

We are still so torn about Tillie.  We think we are going to give her one last chance and go with that specialized training, and even put Spencer through it to see if it will help them bond and behave better together.  It's $2,000, but worth ever penny if it means we can keep her.  Cheaper than sending kids to college though, lol.

Glad the snow came today and not tomorrow, as I have to go into Boston for a Dr. appt - and I HATE driving in Boston.  Only have done it a few times, but I have my GPS lady to guide me there.

Have a great day everyone!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,
    DH left at 5:00 this morning, but let me sleep in. So surprised to wake up to the snow covering. Looks really pretty from where I am sitting.
    Going to do a switcheroo today. I have lots of work to do at the office, but I am not driving in this weather. I will play it today, like this is this coming Friday. Getting DH's stuff ready to pack, set up my large plants for me going away etc.
    Booked my ticket to go to TX on Sunday. I am so looking forward to it. Won't be back until the 30th. But I am hoping, DS will set me up with a computer, so I can reach you from there.

Winter, how is DS? Did he go back to school today? Or was the school closed due to the snow? Must be so difficult to have sick children, when both parents are working. We understand that problem, and let our employees work their time off at some other time. But we can do it b/c we are a small company and no one is misusing it.

Just wondering. Where are all the birds, when it snows?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Pingo - when are you leaving?  You picked a good time as it's going to get so cold here.  Hope your DH's flight got off without any delays!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

"Just wondering. Where are all the birds, when it snows?"

They're hiding in the fir trees and shrubs.  When I go out to fill the feeder days, the sparrows fly out of the middle of the fir shrubs on either side of the walkway.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Princess, we posted more or less at the same time. My heart aches for you. Such a difficult decision for you to make about Tillie. It may be a good decision for you to make putting both dogs through the special training. Poor Spencer though. He didn't ask for this. Hope everything works out for you.
    I hate driving in Boston too. The last time I drove there was when I was pregnant with our youngest son. He will be 37 - LOL.  But I think I could do it now with my GPS (DH calls her "my second wife"). However, I really don't have anything to go to Boston for on my own, so all is well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

So hard to know what to do about Tillie, Princess.  We get so attached to our pets.  I think you have to try everything reasonable before letting her go - I still feel there could have been something else to keep my Charlie.  I know he's in a good home, in that no one abuses him, and he's fed etc., but he had a lot more attention here, and I did love him so.  Have you talked with your vet and gotten his feedback?  I'm sure he has run up against the same predicament with other patients and trouble between 2 pets.  He may have suggestions you could try before spending the $2,000.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Concerning the 2K - is that for training both dogs?  I think if it worked it could be worth it because Spencer sounds like a good dog and even if you do end up with him alone, he would be a better dog - and presumably so would Tillie be even if you had to give her to a new home.  OTOH if you were sure you were giving her away, maybe the new owners would have a trainer they prefer and you could offer to split that cost with them.  It's a hard decision.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. DS is feeling much better and has gone to school this morning. Pingo, he doesn't get snow days very often, the city where his school hardly ever closes. I was late for work because people just forget how to drive in the snow. 

Princess, I know it's such a difficult situation with Tillie. Hope what ever you decide to do works best for you all. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

A myriad of birds on and under the feeder (glad I filled it last night), and in among them a couple of Cheerio's personal favorite - the mourning doves.  We don't get them much any more, and oh, how she loves them.  Crouched down, alert, ready to spring right through the slider if one would only come close enough!

Sections
Shortcuts