January 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Re: January 2013

Cheerio is a cute girl. Yoda gets mad when we have the blinds closed and he can't look out "his" window. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

When you think of it, they have so little entertainment - birds, that's about it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

ETA to above post, which it won't let me edit -   Altho, this morning when I swooshed a broom under the couch, a large jingle bell off someone's pkg, came out, and she batted that around for a minute or two before it went under the TV console.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

That's true. The other night some Meow Mix commerical came on and the cats were meowing. Yoda comes running in (I don't know where he was) and just stares at the TV and then at me, like he was asking why do you have my friends in that box??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, too cute. I have this velvet plush star Christmas ornamnet...well shortly after it went on the tree it disappeared. I found it Christmas Day and put it back on the tree. Well all the ornaments are off the tree and I can't find it. Looks like I'll be moving the furniture so I can find it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

So cute about your kitties and watching the birds. Filled our feeder last night, but haven't seen a single visitor today. So strange.
    Ironing up a storm today and putting everything in our son's rooms. One for DH and the other for me. This way, I can easly throw whatever in our suitcases. DH suggested, I could bring everything to the dry cleaner. But why? As long as I have the time, I do a much better job and he loves the way, I do it. Only thing, I need more breaks to do it (like this one) b/c my hips act up these days, when I am standing for too long.
    So excited to visit DS and DIL. I know, we will have a good time. They don't know, how much good they want to do for me. And I am such a simpleton. Keep telling them, I just love to be there spending time with them and their kitties. Oh yes, just love those furry babies. They are both so entertaining. Each one in it's special way.
    Back to my ironing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Maybe a new toy of his?

Got an email from pumpkin's mom who says she is being serenaded by a piano concerto, every morning before she goes to work - and during mealtimes - and at supper!  Picture jumped up in my mind of Sunday when pumpkin was playing the piano, and G.T. put his finger down and ran it up the keys, thinking he would try that.  Instead the baby reached over, grabbed G.T.'s finger and pushed it away!  In other words:  "This is a one man performance"!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Too cute what pumpkin did to G.T. Pingo, when are you leaving for TX?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

My trusty plow guy just came and cleared my car, did the shoveling of stairs and back walk, and plowed the driveway.  I was just getting ready to step out and at least do the stairs and car, hating the thought, because it's raining now.  Ah, now to think of something good to bake.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I made brownies on Sunday, they are so good. We have three left for tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I had pulled out my brownie recipe too, but am thinking cranraisin scones so I'll have some for tomorrow morning.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Do you make them from scratch? If so can you share the recipe? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

The cranraisin scones are Martha Stewart's scones.  I'll go over to her site and see which one I used.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I mean the brownies, do you make those from scratch?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

deleted

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I hate this new glitch where I can't go in and edit my own posts, or even delete them - grrr

The brownies are from someplace back in 1970:

2 sqs. chocolate and 7 tbsp. margarine

2 eggs

3/4 cup sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

2/3 cup flour

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tbsp. vanillla

1 tbsp. perked coffee (leftover in pot from morning)

nuts

Melt chocolate and margine.  In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and beat in the sugar.  Stir in the choc/margarine mixture, coffee and vanilla.  Fold in flour, salt and nuts.  Bake in buttered 9" square pan at 350 for 30 minutes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

You can edit if you type something in the headline...at least that's what I found.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hi, ladies!  We got about 5 inches of snow, and now a bit of rain has made an icy crust on the top.  Just shoveled about an hour.  Patio and front and back steps are nice and clean.  My car, too.  Dh will have to plow when he gets home, but that's it, and he likes that task, lol.

kneading flour products develops glutens (long, stringy proteins that get tangled up like a mess of rubber bands making tender recipes tough) - that's why you just want to barely incorporate the ingredients of scones, muffins, pastry dough, brownies, etc., whereas yeast bread you want to knead.

I suppose if I'm going to walk Gracie it's now or never...been dragging today. But, off we go in the snow!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Robin39's comment:

You can edit if you type something in the headline...at least that's what I found.

tried, but that didn't work for me either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I think the editing may be browser dependent.  I have no trouble using Firefox from Mozilla in editing posts here, but on Shutterfly - no way, only bluddy IE works.

ETA - editing works fine for me...wait, it did erase the headline and is saying "Please fill out all required fields"  so I will type in there and try again....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Ihavemyhats' comment:

I think the editing may be browser dependent.  I have no trouble using Firefox from Mozilla in editing posts here, but on Shutterfly - no way, only bluddy IE works.

This is a new problem for me.  Just went in in the IE and tried to edit and it won't let me either.  I keep both open, IE and Chrome.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks tt. I have an update on the "people" the best three were left in the room so all the teachers can view them DS' is one of them. I believe he gets his grade tomorrow. He has a math test tomorrow, a vocab test on Friday and the work he missed Monday and Tuesday is due next Wednesday. Glad he has Monday off to finish some, but he gets his braces 9:00 am Monday. I have to go to a wedding alone on Sunday night. It's my cousin and it's no kids (which I am fine with). My mom is going and DS' dad is unable to watch him since he's working. If the wedding were closer to home we'd have him stay, but not 30 minutes away. I'm sure DH is a little happy that he gets to watch the Pats.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Well, I just made a dish of brownies, they were quicker, and had a warm one topped with whipped cream!  Bad girl.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Congrats, Winter on son's person being one of the 3 chosen!  That's fantastic.  I wonder if they have taken any pictures of the whole crew.  That would be something to see, wouldn't it?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I tried to edit today in chrome, no luck. Thanks for the brownie recipe.