January 2013

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Re: January 2013

Can't agree with you more, Hats. There are definitely teachers out there, that should never have become teachers. And it is true with other occupations as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

How is your cold, Kar? You use so little of the cranberry juice, that a bottle last for a long time. I will do your cold good and so will the gluewine. You don't need to make an entire pot of it. If you have leftover red wine, you can just make a couple of cups. But once you try it, I am sure you will make the intire bottle and keep it in the ref. for later, just to heat up in the micro. LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I had precious few excellent teachers.  I'm pretty sure I could have condensed grades 7 - 12 to one year of worthwhile work without loss of any kind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Maybe I have a bottle up in the pantry...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I keep a bottle of cranberry juice in the fridge, just for those times when I want something tart to drink.  Hope it keeps indefinitely, mine has been in there for a couple of months at least.

Just bagged up DIL's b'day gift, and G.T.'s birthday gift.  Probably will give them both on Sunday.  Realize now Patriots are playing at 4:00 that day - I can hear the excuses coming in now - Newton DIL, her dau and fam always go downstairs to father's house to watch the games with him.  I DO have a TV too, but I can hear it now - "So and so has a bad cold, someone else has to work, someone else is too tired to go out".  Her fau won't budge from his own place, so inviting him is a lost cause.  Won't take "no" for an answer on this one, I've planned and worked too hard to put it together.  --  I'm probably just projecting and these excuses will never be said!  lol  Just my fear talking.

As for people being in the wrong professions, sometimes the choice IS governed by amount of money that can be earned.  Unfortunately a lot of us can't afford to follow our heart's desire.  We wouldn't be able to support ourselves with even the basics.  There are always extra curricula activities that we can engage in that will allow us use and enjoy our true passions.

Back to THE room.  Found a couple of Cheerio's toys she had forgotten about, and for a brief 2 minutes she tossed them around and played.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Do any of you keep getting No data received popping up when you post or move around?  For the last few days I've gotten it a lot and have to reenter BDC.  Got it a minute ago when I hit post - thought I had lost the above post.  Wonder if it's my machine or if others are getting it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

As long as it is not sweetened Cranberry juice, it should last almost indefinitely. Don't think much can grow in that stuff.

I had BDC problems just a little while ago. First time. But now it is fine. Could open the Forums, but not the Chat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

How should I store products after they've been opened? Juices and Juice Drinks

Ocean Spray juice products do not contain preservatives and must be capped tightly and refrigerated after opening. While we cannot say exactly how long our juice products will stay fresh after opening, in general they may be kept refrigerated for two to three weeks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Then I'm dead, because I just had a goblet with my salad, and I know mine has been in there a couple of months, not weeks -  Good--b--y---e

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think it would have some sign it wasn't fit to drink anymore - discolored, off smell or taste, mold, pops when you open, puffy box, stingy/fizzy.  But, just in case, it was really in nice knowing you, tt.  ;)

I'm having a Gypsy Coldcare tea with bourbon, and what a cough medicine!  I've moved into the dry hacking phase, and 15 minutes after starting my spiked tea the cough is gone...for now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Post again - when you wake up!  lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I'm ready for a nap now.  Wish I could doze off in the afternoon, but rarely happens.  Pulled apart room and have everything done but the china cabinet.  Was craving something gooey like a bismark (doesn't that sound good?) but the only taste alike I could come up with was a couple of pieces of scali bread with peanut butter, marshmallow and raspberry jam!  That and a hot hot cup of coffee tasted pretty good.  Cheerio has stayed awake until now, staying in the room while I cleaned.  She's p**ped out now and on top of the couch, in the sun, sleeping.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Newton DIL just called, so I brought up the Patriot's game next Sunday, saying I knew everyone would want to watch that, and whoever did, was free to gather in the l.r., eat, and watch in there.  There, that's taken care of.  Words a mother never hears, she said, "I'm so glad I took your advice and went to the ER with my cold when I did.  I feel so much better."

Back I go to polish the cabinet and be done.  Enjoy your nap, Kargiver?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

we had such a fun week and weekend...I worked and Honey took down all the decorations but we laughed just about all week.....its been nice catching up with all your activities too

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Tt, I didn't actually nap, but I could and probably should have.  Went to the grocery store instead and came home and made turkey burgers and beets that dh had brought in.

nice to laugh with honey, Icer! :D

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Another of those "red at night, sailors delight, red at morn, sailors take warn" skies.  Sun must be ready to peek up over that house on the corner.

Watched the new episode of Downton Abbey, at least until 10:30.  Not sure if it went on til 11:00, but that was all I could manage.  Interesting characters.

Nanny friend called yesterday to see if I had seen the mother deer and two young ones.  She looked out her window the night before around 8:00 and there the 3 of them were nibbling on some bushes by her kitchen window.  Told her about the tracks in my back yard.  Against everything her mother said, she did throw some apples out for them.  Their path seems to be from the Cat lady's across the street, through her yard, up over a cliff to the woods.  She said it made her nervous to watch them, because they worked their way down to the street, which is a busy one with speeding cars (where's the cop when you want him?), and were going back and forth, on and off the lawn.

Planning to go out today, but also want to try to catch the dr. re meds.  We've been playing telephone tag for a week now.  I call and leave a message and sit in for 2 days, then the day I go out, he calls, I call back, and he doesn't return the call.  Doesn't help that my answering machine cuts  off callers after so many minutes, so the message he did leave, he tends to ramble, got cut off mid sentence.  I'm sure that didn't sit well.  Anyway, will try again to day to get in touch with him.

Breakfast is calling.  Hope you all have a good day.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning everyone. The project is finsihed and he looks great. DS did a very good painting the face. I'll take some pictures, so when we can post them again I will. Hope you see the deer family tt, that's kind of cool. Hope you get in touch with the doctor, it's a pain that he doesn't call you back in a more timely manner.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I watched Downton too, it went on until about 10:50 so you probably missed only 20 minutes.  I read the British papers and there are big changes ahead so all fans should try to watch the next couple of weeks - Pingo, did you watch last night?  If not, there are repeats TODAY at 1:30 this afternoon and TOMORROW NIGHT at 9 pm, BOTH ON Channel 44.

If one wants to DVR it here is the complete schedule:

http://www.wgbh.org/programs/Masterpiece-216?MM=1

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning,
    We have deer in our backyard. Plenty. So if anyone want to see deer, they are welcome to come and take a look. A couple of years ago, our DIL counted 27 of them at one time. Generally we see them 5 - 6 at the time. They do a lot of damage, but I rather have them, than the turkeys.

We didn't watch Downton last night. 9 - 11 it too late for the both of us. But we TiVo'ed it and will watch it tonight at a more managable time. DH has set the TiVo to tape them all. We rarely watch anything live. We TiVo what we want, and then watch it later, fast forwarding the commercials.

Good job, Winter - finishing DS new friend. What a parade it will be, when they all bring them in.

Spent a few hours at the office yesterday, just to sort out what was left for me. Busy day today. Lots of entries and then the new payroll with the tax increase. Have a good day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm having last nights meatloaf and scallop potatoes for lunch.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sounds good, Winter.  I just got in a half hour ago and made a salad with a dollop of cottage cheese, and finished off with some M&Ms.  Got my hair cut, hit Trader Joe's, returned some Christmas greenery I never go to put on the stair railings to CTS, a flashlight I really didn't like to Job Lots, and then did a quick run through Marshall's and Dollar Store.

Now to try to get through to the dr. again.  If not, I'll call my p.c. tomorrow.  Don't like these high numbers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

I'm nuking more turkey/gravy/carrots/stuffing.  One more serving after this.

It's a beautiful warm day out there! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mothermitzi. Show mothermitzi's posts

Happy Monday everybody.  Yes, it's warmer today.  All the snow is gone from my deck and on top of the bushes out front.  The guys next door put my bird feeders up.  I haven't seen the hawks for a long time now.  I haven't had feeders up for three or four years.  Squirrels have gotten at one but haven't figured out the others yet.  Probably just a  matter of time.

I have a bad cold, too. I'm getting physical therapy at home and called the therapist today and canceled.  Sometime tonight, I'm going to make a hot toddy. I watched Downton last night, too. I love the series.  Now that I'm home during the day, I've been watching Y&R, too, icer and tt.  Interesting plots going on. 

Went to DD's Saturday night for dinner.  It was great to get out for a change of scenery and good company.  I really am so lucky.  Between my family, the guys next door and my co-workers, I have not wanted for a thing. 

On Sunday, I am invited next door for the Patriots game.  The smoker will be put to good use.  I've already called the bakery and ordered a few desserts.  DD is invited and will pick up my father and the desserts.  Saturday night, she told me she needed me to tell her how to make baked beans - her contribution. I usually bring them.  She's a good cook but doesn't really enjoy it.

Funny about occupations.  I never thought I would end up doing what I did for a living.  At the time, I couldn't afford to choose or be retrained.  Luckily, my original boss took a chance on me. We were lucky with our public schools when my kids were going.  They've done very well for themselves. However, there are duds in every profession I guess.   

Have a nice evening all.

mothermitzi

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

How is your GS, or is it your nephew, who is going to college in town doing, mm?  Does he like living here?  Do you get to see him much ?

Glad you have so many people around you to take care of you.  I think that's when we really appreciate our famiy and friends.  Hope your cold doesn't develop into anything more than what it is.

Looking forward to the warm temps tomorrow.  I enjoyed being out today.  It was comfortable.  

So we may get you hooked on Y&R, huh?  A lot of different plots going on, a few of the characters I could see getting written out, but I guess they have contracts.  As long as Phyllis, Jack, Adam, Victor, Nikki, and of course the Chancellor clan stay, I'm content.  Of course, Sharon is always good for a good grinding of teeth at her antics too.