January 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

January 2014

Good morunning and Happy New Year! Thought I'd start a new post. Glad you finding some more improvement Kar. Hope it continues. What are everyones's plans today. Nothing here, just ironed DS' shirts for school, if there is even school. Cricket I'm interested to know what you are preparing for your get together.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Re: January 2014

DH is watching the Rose Parade!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I remember watching that. We are watching Breaking Bad, just started watching it the other day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning and happy January!

Hope you all had a nice New Year's Eve, whichever way you spent it. We rang the year in twice. First Boston, then SAT an hour later.

All good things has to come to an end. We will fly out of here this afternoon. Won't arrive until late tonight. Just hope the storm wait for us. 

Possibly no school tmw, Winter? that doesn't sound good. I thought, it was Thursday night, that would be bad. Well, we have to take it as it comes. How did DH do with Bunker Hill. Funny thing. Our DS also had that project during his Christmas break. So on New Year's Day, we all went to see the monument. What do you know? The one and only day it is closed.

did you find out, what the noise was yesterday, tt? Could very well be your new roof contracting during this cold weather. 

Just called BIL overseas to wish them HNY. He is having problems with his neck. The pain killers do not work. Just make him sleepy. I encouraged him to go and see a chiro. I don't even know if they have them there, or if he would go. They are strong believers in ayuavetics.

Gotta run. Have to pack :( Can't wait to get home to my desk top. I don't like to type on this iPad. But it is better than nothing.

Have a good day and a wonderfull year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I ran out to S&S - for milk, bread and lettuce, presumably - $76 later, I picked up ravioli, S&S pepperoni self rising pizza, Contessa Shrimp Primivera, Healthy Choice Sweet and Sour Chicken, - I never buy frozen prepared meals, but lately have a hard time thinking of what to fix - this should take care of me for a while.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

That's what we will have, when we get in late tonight, in case we are hungry. Frozen pizza. They come in conveniently at times. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo the project isn't due until the end of January. He had to do wome research notes over break; good thing because he's been in Rochester since last Friday. Thinking we'd got to the ,monument on Saturday, but now with the snow I'm not so sure. I suspect he'll have school tomorrow, not sure about Friday. Tt, we had a frozen pizza last weekend it hit the spot. We had grill cheese for lunch. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Beautiful episode of Y&R today.  Was one from WAY back.  Some of the characters in it I never saw or remember.  they must have had a bigger budget for sets back then, had a beautiful one of the Collinade ballroom.  And, of course, they were all so young and beautiful.  Except little mousey Sharon (did I resolve not to be judgemental?? lol).  What a difference between then and now.  She has certainly improved with age - and makeup.  I evidently was working and didn't see these episodes.  It was most enjoyable.

ETA:  Enjoyed while eating a lettuce, ham, pickle and cheese sandwich on Italian bread and a cup of REAL coffee!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Just for anyone, who are just checking in. Please check the last page of the December thread. Wise words have been posted there.

Packed and ready to go. Chat tomorrow. Please cross your fingers, we don't get stuck in Baltimore. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

We all have our fingers crossed - anxious to have you back on a regular basis!  Have a safe flight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Are your birdfeeders filled before the storm?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

New month and a New Year!

TT..to answer your question from the December thread, I made Rouladen ( it's a German beef dish). Today is DS's birthday and this has been his birthday dinner for at least the last 13 years. It is his favorite meal and somewhat time consuming to make  but he gets it for his birthday.Between preparing the meal and  making his cake it was busy..but fun. Everyone left about a half an hour ago so I am sitting with my feet up and one last glass of wine.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Nice Mom.  Hard for someone to have their birthday so close to Christmas, I know, because G.T.'s is right before.  When he was a kid I always felt he was getting cheater out of some of the attention and excitement that the others had on their special day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from icer. Show icer's posts

Happy New Year All!..

.Honey is still in line for the wake...We got in line at 2:30 and 3 hours later we were still not on the funeral home property...so...I walked home,...I feel a little cold coming on and I simply don't think its a good idea to stand outside in the cold anymore...I don't see how they are going to wrap it up by 7..I feel badly but I also have to make cookies and brownies for the after gathering in the morning...Honey and his crew are going to the funeral but as a crew...I won't be going to that.

We got ALL the Xmas stuff down this afternoon..it only took 3 hours to wrap it up and put it in the attic...Way to go us!!!!

Well think i"ll send Honey a text saying I'm staying here

Night All

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Sad days, Icer.  I know all the support from everyone in the town is helping the family bear it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ihavemyhats. Show Ihavemyhats's posts

Cricket, what do you stuff the rouladen with?  I used to order it often at a Bavarian restaurant we frequented back in the old days.

DH and I went out for a late lunch/early dinner and I am stuffed with bread, meatballs, chicken, salad, prosecco, etc.  Took a hot shower and now I am ready for my book and the couch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I had ravoli with marina sauce - tasted so good to me, even tho out of a pkg and a jar.  Needed something sweet so toasted half an English muffin and slathered with rasp. preserves.  I can see where I'll be doing some light baking tomorrow.  Bloodwork done next week with dr.'s appt following week, so have to be kind of good.

Stopped in library yesterday and looked for Running in the Rain that was recommended, but no available copies.  I do have a book here that I've not even started, bought months ago, but I think tomorrow will be taking down the decorations.  Did a little today and found an iphone charger left in a plug - called around and think it belongs to Lilly's big sister.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1797616. Show user_1797616's posts

In response to toytrumpet's comment:

I had ravoli with marina sauce - tasted so good to me, even tho out of a pkg and a jar.  Needed something sweet so toasted half an English muffin and slathered with rasp. preserves.  I can see where I'll be doing some light baking tomorrow.  Bloodwork done next week with dr.'s appt following week, so have to be kind of good.

Stopped in library yesterday and looked for Running in the Rain that was recommended, but no available copies.  I do have a book here that I've not even started, bought months ago, but I think tomorrow will be taking down the decorations.  Did a little today and found an iphone charger left in a plug - called around and think it belongs to Lilly's big sister.

tt,

The Art of Racing in the Rain.  LOL  (You were close.)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

I saw that when I checked the computer too, and none of the close titles were available.  I'll check again next time I go by.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I had a chicken kabob salad for dinner. No school for DS tomorrow, not sure about Friday yet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Got up to a white morning, but not as bad yet as I had thought.  Was up til 11:00 watching the Full Monty.  Had seen it years ago, but enjoyed watching it again.  Way too many commercials on the Sundance channel - I was surprised, watch a lot of movies on there and don't remember others having so many interruptions.

Pingo, hope there were no plane cancellations along the route of your home flight, and that you're safely back.  Quite a change in the weather to get up to.

Haven't checked in yet wth C.L.  She has been so worried because Miss Fluffa Nutta hadn't been seen for a few days.  When I came in to shut down the computer there in big print was a "thank you" to St. Anthony.  She'd showed up for her usual warm milk, none the worse for wear, and  looking groomed and cared for.  Oh, these cats.  They certainly know how to play us. - BTW, SS, how is Buttons doing?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Good morning. Was a farely easy drive in, but I suspect the ride home will be interesting. Glad Miss Fluff showed up, CL is cute giving her warm milk.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Happy New Year everyone!

Kar, glad to see you have some improvement!  Please don't rule out all the assessments though.  Still good to do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Very little traffic going by here, not even the usual work morning cars.  is your son home alone today, Winter?  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

He is. One good thing about being 13, I'm able to leave him home.

Sections
Shortcuts