January 2014

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: January 2014

I agree with tt - he doesn't really see it.  And, as for the ease of impromtu entertaining, yeah, easy for those not planning, shopping, cleaning/picking up, and cooking!  It's universal, lol.  I'm sure everything will go great!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

tt and Kargiver, how right you both are. He doesn't think it is clutter. LOL

I just decided it is Monday, and who entertain on Mondays? So I didn't go crazy cleaning. Not that I really had to. We are not living in a pig sty, but there is always this odds and ends, that is comfortable, but not for entertaining. Like all the pillows fluffed up and arranged just so, if you know, what I mean.

Just took out a batch of popovers. 1 cup of flour made 8 in my popover pan. Should have done just 6. I forgot, that I usually double the recipe. Well, no one knows, except for you and I. They look great.

Door bell rang. Talk to you tmw. Have a good evening.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think, if I'm being honest with myself, that it's only the hostess that notices how fluffed the pillows are. :)  I'm sure the popovers are just more dinner roll sized and, therefore, perfect.

Hope you're having fun!

Good night all, I'm bushed after driving so much, grocery shopping, etc.  Still not quite 100%.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh tt was Downton Abbey so good and shocking. Pingo, hope your house guests enjoyed themselves.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

Good morning all.  Not much going on here, just wanted to pop in and say hello.

I agree with you RE: Vaccines.  I got a flu shot, but if I were going to spend any time around a baby I would get the whooping cough one too.  I do data reporting and analysis for health data and you would be AMAZED by the huge increase in kids with measles and mumps - all because people don't vaccinate.  It is really scary and sad.  Not only are you risking your own kids, but others as well.  The other factor is there are a lot of immigrants coming into the US who haven't been vaccinated, so they come in contact with people who are not vaccinated here, and boom. 

Okay, enough doom and gloom.  Pretty warm out there today!  Love to see everything melting!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Good morning,

Yes, Winter, it was shocking, but you know, I was thinking as I watched it - I'm sure that happened just as much then as now, and I think her reaction of how to handle it was pretty accurate for a woman in those days.  Thank Heavens these days the feeling  of shame and guilt is being lifted off the woman, and the rapist is being openly named and prosecuted.

Princess, good to see your post.  Glad you check in even if nothing much is going on, when we don't hear from you, we worry.  Hate to keep bugging you, but any news of Peter?

Pingo, how did dinner go?

Kargiver, don't make the mistake of jumping right back into all your normal activities.  Slow and easy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good advice, tt...feeling pretty well today, but definitely the lifting of all the groceries and straining my neck and shoulders hurt.  

My walking friend let me borrow seasons 1-3 of DA on DVD.  I'm psyched to get caught up.  My mom can't wait; she's an avid watcher as well.

Prin, I think there should be an investigation of those behind the disproven autism-vaccine link and possibly legal action taken.  They destroyed the basic level of herd immunity we enjoyed as a developed nation!  How are you feeling?  It's always good to see your posts.

Pingo, how is dh?  Did you let him know my ear felt the same way and I even insisted on anti-biotics to treat a phantom infection?  Felt real as rain to me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, DA is also on Amazon Prime and/or netflix. tt, I was thinking the same thing it was protrayed very true to life. Her reaction of protecting Bates was on the mark as well. She is one of my favorite characters on the show.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Ah, that's great; I despise our DVD player!  Thanks!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Kar, DA is also on Amazon Prime and/or netflix. tt, I was thinking the same thing it was protrayed very true to life. Her reaction of protecting Bates was on the mark as well. She is one of my favorite characters on the show.

I saw interviews - pre show one Sunday - of the different actors that portray the family and in real life without the hairdos and dress of that time, they look quite different, and a lot younger, tho she comes across as young anyway.  I love that show, but particularly Maggie Smith and the character she portrays.  They give her some great one liners.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Oh I love Maggie Smith too. My DS saw a bit of the show before and he said hey she was in Harry Potter!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Kar, you could also DVR the first two episodes, I think they are still on. I know the most recent one is on all week.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Good idea...are all previous seasons on netflix?  What season is playing now?  Thanks :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

In response to Winter2011Bride's comment:

Oh I love Maggie Smith too. My DS saw a bit of the show before and he said hey she was in Harry Potter!

Funny!  She's an actress with many talents.  In DA I think they show the influence and respect the older generation had, as in the matriach she portrays.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

tt, I know she's great and I can so imagine the older generation acting just the way she portratys it.

Kar, it looks like Netflix took it their site, I couldn't find it. It is still available on Amazon Prime video stream. Many smart TV's have an app to watch them through your Prime Account. DA is currently on season 4.

ETA: Your iPad has an app for Amazon prime videos. :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Om my way out - chat later.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Good morning everyone,

You girls have been busy posting this morning.

Our dinner "party" went well last night. Happy smiles all over. Everyone loved the parmesan popovers. But the Lemon Tart I picked up at TJ's was just too, too sweet. My saliva glands hurt. Wish I had made my own dessert. Maybe just me and DH, our guests gobbled it up.

Rama, DH and I did get our flu shots. The doc's office called, that the T-pad is in, and we will go when DH feels better. I know, there are chatters here, who don't believe in vaccinations. I used to be part of the medical community, so I strongly believe, that whatever you can do to protect yourself will have wide spread consequences. And Princess, you are just echoing my sentiments. I am glad someone take notice, but really sad people don't "follow orders". Unless you have a special condition, that may interfere with the vaccination, you are selfish not to get it. That is just my honest opinion. No links or other references, please. 

TiVo-ing all the DAs. Then at some point, we will watch them back to back. That's what we did with "Breaking Bad". DH and I just hate all the advertisements. By TiVo-ing the shows, we can avoid those.

DH is doing better. Was taking the car himself this morning. His vision is almost as it should be. Looking straight it is fine (like on the roads), but looking down (like at the dash board) it gets blurry. But his hearing is not up to par yet. Still standing up working.

On my way to the office. Just hate to go today; I am pooped from last night. Have a good day everyone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I power watched Lost. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the whole series that way and can't wait for DA.

Pingo, whiplash happens all at once but not everything gets damaged to the same degree. Therefore, it's not surprising to me that he has dramatic relief in his eyes but not yet his ear. I know you know all this, but hope you will be encouraged. Looking down is still the worst for me presumably for the same reason it is for him, but it is still improving.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Kar, I just hate to say this, but your problem is such a good "measure" for us. Keep us encouraged. Seems you and DH is going through something similar at present. Only yours was a lot worse than DH's. So comforting to us, that someone "we know " is going through the same thing. Thank you so much my pal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pingo DH and I just started watching Breaking Bad what a good show. We are watching that on Netflix, we are on Season 3.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hugs, my friend!  I find it comforting that you KNOW his symotoms are due to the whiplash and didn't require any investigation or guesswork.  And, that you are getting treated by professionals trained in the trauma and healing of a whiplash injury.  Remember, when you pull one muscle it can hurt for a week or two. Your husband traumatically hyperextended everything in his neck; t only makes sense that it will take a good while to heal involved nerves.

I actually didn't notice my ear "getting better" - I just suddenly realized it didn't feel weird anymore and wasn't quite sure when it went away.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

Dodged enough rain drops, and back home.  Have a call into G.T.'s MIL, but think this is the time of day she goes to the gym.

Hadn't taken anything our for supper, so have a container of leftover Christmas dinner thawing.  I can see it has potato, squash, stuffing, gravy and turkey in it.  Good day for it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yummmmmy!  I should have frozen some turkey...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Well, I managed to get to the dump and stop at the grocery store.  Made some chili that called for "a good IPA" and hoped it would be worth it to use a Sierra Nevada Celebration.  It was; it's yummy.  Used ground turkey and turkey bacon since DH is on a turkey bacon kick.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toytrumpet. Show toytrumpet's posts

What were you doing going to the dump -  that had to involve lifting -

Sections
Shortcuts